PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Northeast Ohio

CB1977
09-04-2007, 10:15 AM
Hi all. Just a friendly hello from the shores of Lake Erie. Yes, I am a Diehard Browns fan but I'm not here to talk smack on anyone...just to enjoy the friendly rivalry between the Browns and Steelers. Hope we can do that. :wave:
Oh, FWIW, I cannot STAND the Ravens!!!!!!!!!

fansince'76
09-04-2007, 10:21 AM
Welcome to the board, CB1977! :cheers:

If you have any questions or concerns about the site, please feel free to PM (Private Message) myself or one of the other mods. Post often and have fun!

HometownGal
09-04-2007, 12:09 PM
Hiya CB and welcome to Steelers Fever! (So - the CB doesn't stand for Charles Bronson?) :wink02::flap:

CB1977
09-04-2007, 02:04 PM
Hiya CB and welcome to Steelers Fever! (So - the CB doesn't stand for Charles Bronson?) :wink02::flap:

LOL...good one. I was going to tell you that it stands for Charlie Brown but you probably wouldn't believe that one either!
Thanks for the welcomes...look forward to posting more in the future!

xXTheSteelKingsXx
09-04-2007, 07:51 PM
Welcome.

SteelersMongol
09-04-2007, 09:08 PM
Welcome to the site.

Aussie_steeler
09-05-2007, 06:51 AM
Welcome aboard and good luck for the season.

Glad to see you have developed a keen sense of hatred for the ravens too.

CB1977
09-05-2007, 09:09 AM
Aussie, do you really think a Browns fan would care at all for the Ravens???

I think not...

Michael Keller
09-05-2007, 09:30 AM
Welcome. Good attitude , good sport. I like your rookie QB, Big time. many franchises are going to be sorry they passed on the Mighty Quiinn, especially the Dolphins. Brady's got all the measurables and mostly the intangibles. Unfortunately for us Steeler Fans there will be a few days we will wish why didn't Miami or Dallas take him?? Finally if Cowher ever coaches the Browns I do not think any of us Steeler fans are going to be as cordial to any Browns fans. Enjoy your season and after this Sunday it will proably get better for you.

Michael

ShutDown24
09-05-2007, 10:06 AM
Hello. Welcome. Good luck Sunday... Wish Quinn was starting but atleast your coaches are making one move right if no others by not starting him... His career could thrive or bust on that decision. The Steelers want Quinn to start... Talk to your man Crennel! Get the rook in there for Sunday please!!! LOL

Lol - You will find a much friendlier enviroment here towards other fans as opposed to Browns forums... Unfortunatley I think all that losing promote hostility...

CB1977
09-05-2007, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the welcome!! I like Quinn too and I hope he gets some play time this Sunday but I think RAC is depending on Frye, who looked pretty good last week. Let's hope he looks just as good this week against your beloved Steelers.

ShutDown, you're entitled to your own opinion of the Browns forum (not sure which one you're talking about) but I am a member of one and, although we have our opinions of steeler fans, we are pretty fair with anyone that joins and can talk serious football with the rest of us. When someone from another team joins and starts talking crap about the Browns, of course we are going to be hostile. We have a few Steeler fans as members and they are great!! Friendly smack is one thing; talking s**t is another...

With all that said, I am here to talk football...that's it. I may get a little lippy here and there, but it's all gonna be in fun.

Here's to a great game on Sunday!!!

rog
09-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Welcome. My dad and I are going to the game this week any suggestions with dealing with all the Brown fans.

CB1977
09-05-2007, 01:25 PM
Wear Brown and Orange!!! LOL

Seriously Rog, you and your dad will be wearing black and gold and you'll be in Browns territory so, you can expect anything!! Be prepared to get yelled at, cursed at, and razzed like crazy...some in fun and some not so fun, basically the same way a Browns fan would be treated at a Pitts home game. I'm sure there will be a few Steeler fans mixed in the crowd so your walk to CBS won't be too bad.

If all of the above is going to bother you, either don't go to the game or, walk fast!!!

Enjoy the game in our Beautiful New Stadium!!!! Temp for Sunday: 40% chance of thunderstorms, high 81!!!

ShutDown24
09-05-2007, 04:14 PM
Don't worry Rog... There will be more than enough Steeler fans too hang with...

You have a new stadium?

I have been on 'Thebrownsboard.com... Nothing but outright flame. No football talk at all. In the game prediction section EVERY person there picked the Browns by like 20 points... Get real.

Hope Quinn isn't a bust for you like so many people seem to think he will be... He has already accomplished more than Couch in my book... Heres hoping Winslow doesn't lose another season to injury for you Sunday... If he pulls another cheap hit like he normally does though I don't think Harrison is going to take it too well. He has more of a temper than Porter did.

I like Barclay a lot btw... Haven't seen him in preseason because I don't ussually watch preseason Browns, Texans or Raiders games... Teams like that but, I loved him in NFLE...

CB1977
09-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Spoken like a true Steeler fan...........

Anyway, you're not going to the board that I referred to in an earlier post. Sorry that you came across that one instead. The one I belong to has a lot more intelligence and maturity than most. You seem more mature than 17 years old...you may fit in. We have a few your age that love to talk football and are very good at it too.

ShutDown24
09-05-2007, 04:32 PM
Yeah, I am studying Journalism in hopes of becoming a sportswriter and plan on majoring in it... I like to think of myself as a knowledgable football person, particularly X's and O's... Who knows, maybe I will get a job in Cleveland lol... By now I am sure the members of this bored are tired of hearing about it but oh well, I love telling people that. I am proud to have found something I am good at and want to pursue.

I must have missed the board you referred to earlier as I didn't read every post in this thread which I should have... I didn't mean that all Browns boards are like that, it's just the impression I got from the singular forum and it was a strong one. Something like that is hard to get out of your head.

Maybe I will take a look. It's always nice to get opinions from other fans not just Stillir fans as long as they are un-biased... That is hard to come by.

Big Ben 33
09-08-2007, 08:46 PM
Welcome to the site.

Here we go Steelers Here we go :tt02: