PDA

View Full Version : The Browns Suck Thread.

Pages : 1 [2]

millwalldavey
07-22-2008, 09:42 AM
Hell, the only playoff team that matters is the one that wins it all (hence: the Browns since 1964 don't matter),

And the Browns before 1950 don't really matter either! LOL... the AAFC.

4 NFL titles is nothing to sneeze at. I only sneeze @ thes AAFC ones!

millwalldavey
07-22-2008, 09:57 AM
No I don't.
Remind me again, what exactly did you guys do in the playoffs?

1. True. You do not need to change anything, As long as your fine with misrepresenting yourself.

2. Reminder. A lot more than the Browns in the last 20 years.

Dawgbone
07-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Shut up SSS!! I will take my Joe Thomas sig back! lmao, j/k.

Dawgbone
07-22-2008, 01:10 PM
CB - you know I respect the hell out of ya, but we are going to have to agree to disagree here. This kid comes over here with his chest out strutting like a peaco ck, taking shots at our team and our members. Maybe I'm just different and though I do make an occasional typo, I use the "preview" prompt to make sure my posts can be understood by everyone who reads them. Dawg's posts are very difficult to decipher most times, quite honestly, and again - maybe I am different, but if I'm going to take the time to go to another team's BB and take shots at their team and fans, I'm going to make damned sure my posts are legible, understandable and that all of my "i's" are dotted and my "t's" crossed.

Okay, I have apologized about the "shots" I have "taken". But you can read my posts just fine. You just want someone to pick on. Also, it makes it even better because I'm a Browns fan.

Of course I'm going to take shots at your team. This is the blast furnace right? Yeah, I thought so. If you don't like it, then get rid of this forum.

fansince'76
07-22-2008, 01:13 PM
You just want someone to pick on.

:crying01: :binky: :crying01: :binky: :crying01:

MACH1
07-22-2008, 01:16 PM
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n216/ravenman4/2.jpg

HometownGal
07-22-2008, 06:33 PM
Okay, I have apologized about the "shots" I have "taken". But you can read my posts just fine. You just want someone to pick on. Also, it makes it even better because I'm a Browns fan.

Of course I'm going to take shots at your team. This is the blast furnace right? Yeah, I thought so. If you don't like it, then get rid of this forum.

I want someone to pick on? ROFLMAO!!!!! :toofunny: C'mon - you can do better than that! If I have to resort to an internet BB in order to "pick on" people, I should be locked away in the looney bin. Not my style, bucko. That's what b/f's (and husbands) are for (j/k of course). :chuckle::wink02::tomato::tomato:

Y'know - I'm getting a little tired of you Brownies fans coming over here, taking shots at our team and fans and then crying foul when the shit is shoveled back at you. Take your lumps like a man instead of boo-hooing over at 24/7 and having them come over here to defend you. :crying01::binky:

Don't like it? Take a hike. :wave:

P.S. Much easier to read that post. :thumbsup::applaudit:

Dawgbone
07-22-2008, 07:35 PM
How in the hell is taking shots at your team and my vocab being incorrect the same? I'm just stating the obvious. You guys are the ones that started crying first.... You guys had to think of something, saw that I made a typo, boom!! Their ya go, an excuse for you to use against me.

I'm not having anyone come over and defend me. We are just laughing at how you guys still think your going to have a 13-3 season and Ben is like the next John Elway. Come on now.... be realistic.

Be true fans and swallow the lump of defeat, because your going to be doing it all season long.

fansince'76
07-22-2008, 07:45 PM
I'm not having anyone come over and defend me. We are just laughing at how you guys still think your going to have a 13-3 season and Ben is like the next John Elway. Come on now.... be realistic.

Be true fans and swallow the lump of defeat, because your going to be doing it all season long.

Keep thumping that chest now kid, because I imagine you'll disappear for another 9-10 months after the asskicking you get in week 2 like you did last time. :yawn:

revefsreleets
07-22-2008, 07:46 PM
How in the hell is taking shots at your team and my vocab being incorrect the same? I'm just stating the obvious. You guys are the ones that started crying first.... You guys had to think of something, saw that I made a typo, boom!! Their ya go, an excuse for you to use against me.

You accidentally said one thing sort of right (and you even spelled it right) about Ben and Elway.

I think most Steelers fans think Ben will ultimately end up being better.

HometownGal
07-22-2008, 07:57 PM
How in the hell is taking shots at your team and my vocab being incorrect the same? I'm just stating the obvious

Well - I'M just stating the obvious with regard to your vocabulary. :chuckle:

As I said above - if you are going to dish it out, you'd best be able to take it in enemy territory.

You guys are the ones that started crying first.... You guys had to think of something, saw that I made a typo, boom!! Their ya go, an excuse for you to use against me.

Crying about what? Steelers fans have nothing to cry about - do your homework before you make totally inaccurate statements. Seems to me like you Browns fans can't stand the thought of being inferior for yet another season to the Steelers. Thou who protesteth too much . . . . you know the rest. :laughing:

Mmmmmkay. If you say so. :yap:

I don't believe we are going to have a 13-3 season but hey - if some fans here believe we are going to go 13-3, more power to 'em I say! :tt03: I do believe we are going to be the AFCN champs again and go either 11-5 or 10-6. No doubt in my mind and even if I wasn't a Steelers fan, I'd feel the same way. The Browns haven't done shit in 44 years - long before you were even a twinkle in your Daddy's eye. :chuckle:

:tap: Hey - how many Super Bowl rings does Derek Anderson have again? How many playoff games has he played in and won? How many NFL records has he set? As I said - do your homework before spouting off, oh little Brown turd.

Be true fans and swallow the lump of defeat, because your going to be doing it all season long

You spewed the same garbage last season and ended up with a big ole' :egg: on your face. Be sure to let me know how you would prefer this season's eggs - hard boiled, fried, scrambled or poached. Poor Browns - always one step forward and two steps back. :shake02:

X-Terminator
07-22-2008, 08:45 PM
That actually explains a lot.

Yep. Therefore I will consider that the next time he shoots off his mouth and then whines like a 4-year old whenever he gets called out on it.

Dawgbone
07-22-2008, 10:27 PM
You spewed the same garbage last season and ended up with a big ole' :egg: on your face. Be sure to let me know how you would prefer this season's eggs - hard boiled, fried, scrambled or poached. Poor Browns - always one step forward and two steps back. :shake02:

Yeah, and that was before we had an legit offense. Also, we had Charlie Frye as our QB. A kid that got sacked 5 times before the first half was over. DA maybe got sacked once a game if that.

I promise you, we will have at least one win against the Steelers this season.

Steelman16
07-22-2008, 10:47 PM
Yeah, and that was before we had an legit offense. Also, we had Charlie Frye as our QB. A kid that got sacked 5 times before the first half was over. DA maybe got sacked once a game if that.

Remind me again what exactly made your offense "legit" since last year?

Dawgbone
07-22-2008, 10:54 PM
Umm, we have Donte Stallworth, we added Rex Hadnot more depth to our invincible line. We have a proven QB in Derek Anderson and another QB, Brady Quinn, that showed in the last game of the season that he can make some good decisions with the Ball.

Plus we have like 5 Pro Bowlers. Braylon Edwards, Derek Anderson, Joe Thomas, Joshua Cribbs, and Kellen Winslow. And a beasty RB in Jamal Lewis.

So you tell me?

fansince'76
07-22-2008, 11:03 PM
And what color is the sky in your world?

The Duke
07-22-2008, 11:03 PM
We have a proven QB in Derek Anderson and another QB, Brady Quinn, that showed in the last game of the season that he can make some good decisions with the Ball.

yeah, those 8 passes he threw showed me he is on his way to canton :thumbsup:

your offense has no problem, other than anderson's inconsistencies. the defense is your demise, teams can pass at will against you

though cribbs is still amazing

revefsreleets
07-22-2008, 11:05 PM
Hope springs eternal every Fall in Cleveland. Strange characters emerge from their parents basements and make bold statements on message boards.

Those statements are invariably wrong and fraught with so many inaccuracies that some Steelers fans just ignore them altogether.

I don't. I LOVE idiot Browns fans making fools of themselves before, during and after games.

Dawgbone
07-22-2008, 11:18 PM
yeah, those 8 passes he threw showed me he is on his way to canton :thumbsup:

your offense has no problem, other than anderson's inconsistencies. the defense is your demise, teams can pass at will against you

though cribbs is still amazing

I didn't say that he's capable of being the starting QB because of it. I said that he showed us he can move the ball down field.

Oh, and the Steelers D is so much better right? Their line has diminished.... it won't be hard running or passing against them.

Derek Anderson is improving, he's got this season to prove it. If not, in comes Quinn.

Your damn right Cribbs is amazing.... and you got to deal with him twice a year for the next 5 years.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-22-2008, 11:21 PM
Hope springs eternal every Fall in Cleveland. Strange characters emerge from their parents basements and make bold statements on message boards.

Those statements are invariably wrong and fraught with so many inaccuracies that some Steelers fans just ignore them altogether.

I don't. I LOVE idiot Browns fans making fools of themselves before, during and after games.

..annnd I love Idiot Steelers fans getting the beat down. :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-X45If7Gcp8

:flap:

X-Terminator
07-23-2008, 12:13 AM

And there you have it, folks. This one statement sums up your typical Browns fan in general. It's not about making the playoffs, or winning the division or winning the Super Bowl. No, everything is about beating the Steelers. Even if their team goes 1-15, as long as they beat the Steelers, it's a successful season.

There's only one word that describes that mentality. Sad.

That is also why the Steelers and their fans will always be superior to the Browns and their fans. Around these parts, we only care about winning Super Bowls. Beating the Browns along the way is just a bonus.

Oh, and one more thing - win something, and then talk. Until then...

http://www.funnymos.com/funny-pictures/stfu.jpg

Thank you.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-23-2008, 12:42 AM
And there you have it, folks. This one statement sums up your typical Browns fan in general. It's not about making the playoffs, or winning the division or winning the Super Bowl. No, everything is about beating the Steelers. Even if their team goes 1-15, as long as they beat the Steelers, it's a successful season.

That is also why the Steelers and their fans will always be superior to the Browns and their fans. Around these parts, we only care about winning Super Bowls. Beating the Browns along the way is just a bonus.

Thank you.

Wow..Those Browns fans sure are sad for their dedication..I tell you what..I've never seen a more miserable group of people.:flap:

I didn't become as Browns for the Nicknames, the Five Rings garbage..any of that. I became one because they're MY team. There will be NOTHING you can do to make me less of a fan or less excited for a season. I could careless about Championships..all that crap, because they're MY team. I stuck with MY TEAM when they were losing 43-0 to Pittsburgh, and I'll stick with MY TEAM when they win the Super Bowl. Same thing you''l hear from any Browns fans.

I care about Loyalty. And so do the majority of the guys who live around here in the great Buckeye State. You can yammer on about the 5 Super Bowls, and all that stupid garbage thats in the past. But have you stuck with the team even when its at its lowest moment?

And its a RIVALRY..it STARTS WITH BEATING THE RIVAL. Woody Hayes had the same attitude..Number 1 was Beating Meatchicken, Number 2 was the rest. Basic Sports, I'm sure Beating WVU sure as hell turned Pitts season from diaster to at least sorta memorable. Thats the mentality I have..Beat the Rival..Make the Playoffs..Then Playoffs..Then Super Bowl :)

9-5
07-23-2008, 01:22 AM
That was kind of my point - we were in the playoffs, and you weren't. Try and keep up. :coffee:
I know that, and my point was saying you choked. Big time. Your Defense imploded.
To the same team. For the 2nd home game in a row. Really shows the mark of a good team to get out Steeler-balled at home by the same opponent twice in a row

ONLY a Browns fan would mock another team for making the playoffs. I wasn't making fun of you making the playoff's, I was making fun of your playoff performance
It's been so long since you've been there, you've forgotten that the basic difference between a GOOD football team and a BAD football team is making the playoffs.
Browns made the playoffs in 2002, a mere 6 years ago. Yeah, a real long time. :coffee:
I would think that Browns fans would consider just getting into the playoffs the ultimate success. Hell, it ain't like you guys are EVER going to a Super Bowl, let alone going to win one.
We don't. Beating the Steelers in our ultimate success right now. After that happens, playoffs. Then Super Bowl.
Don't say never. They said Appalachian State would never beat MU. Look what happened. Anything can happen on any given Sunday.

:tap: Remind me again - when was the last time the Browns were IN the playoffs? While we're on the subject of foggy memories - when was the last time the Browns won a Super Bowl? Or beat the Steelers? :chuckle:
2002. Beat the Steelers is 2001. Super Bowls are another name for championship game. 1964. Long time, yes.

Preacher
07-23-2008, 01:39 AM
Super Bowls are another name for championship game. 1964. Long time, yes.

I get so tired of explaining this stuff to Browns fans.

Championship game is NOT another name for the SB.

There are STILL two championship games. The AFC championship game, and the NFC championship game. The Browns won the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP game.

WE however, have won 5 of those games, and ALSO 4 SUPERBOWLS... which are the INTER-LEAGUE championships.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-23-2008, 01:58 AM
I get so tired of explaining this stuff to Browns fans.

Championship game is NOT another name for the SB.

There are STILL two championship games. The AFC championship game, and the NFC championship game. The Browns won the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP game.

WE however, have won 5 of those games, and ALSO 4 SUPERBOWLS... which are the INTER-LEAGUE championships.

Well being the NFL was the only pro league..then..it was THE SUPER BOWL..thus..bingo..your logic is flawed to hell.

I get so tired of Steelers fans bringing up the argument of wins from the 70's and deeming them relevant, when championships that were one a mere ten years before wern't.

Can't have it both ways..Sorry.

Preacher
07-23-2008, 02:07 AM
Well being the NFL was the only pro league..then..it was THE SUPER BOWL..thus..bingo..your logic is flawed to hell.

I get so tired of Steelers fans bringing up the argument of wins from the 70's and deeming them relevant, when championships that were one a mere ten years before wern't.

Can't have it both ways..Sorry.

Nope. The AFL was active for a time....

also, there is a big difference between a 14 league team and 28 league team.....

The merger is the stake in the ground.... making history BM and AM (Before Merger, After Merger). There simply is no equivalence between the two.

Now, do I doubt that those teams were good? nope. They were GREAT teams. However, in THIS LEAGUE, the Steelers have 5 championships, the Browns have.... NONE!

After all... how many Lombardi's did the brown's hoist?

Tomorrow... if the NFL merged with the CFL to create a new North American League with four divisions and a round robin tournament... Our SB's would be in the past. Sure, we would still hold on to them... hold them up high. But I can guarantee you two things.

1. I would not be equating Superbowls with that championship and

2. The Browns would still suck.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-23-2008, 02:22 AM
Nope. The AFL was active for a time....

also, there is a big difference between a 14 league team and 28 league team.....

The merger is the stake in the ground.... making history BM and AM (Before Merger, After Merger). There simply is no equivalence between the two.

Now, do I doubt that those teams were good? nope. They were GREAT teams. However, in THIS LEAGUE, the Steelers have 5 championships, the Browns have.... NONE!

After all... how many Lombardi's did the brown's hoist?

Tomorrow... if the NFL merged with the CFL to create a new North American League with four divisions and a round robin tournament... Our SB's would be in the past. Sure, we would still hold on to them... hold them up high. But I can guarantee you two things.

1. I would not be equating Superbowls with that championship and

2. The Browns would still suck.

The AFL didn't exist UNTIL 1960. The Browns couldn't have been able to play them even if they want to.

We have 8 Pro Championships..the Steelers have 5..Basic Math. Don't discount those 4 either, because we all know the AAFC wasn't a joke league. The Colt and '9ers also came from there. The Browns kept trying to issue Matchups with NFL squads. (including your beloved Steelers probably), and they wussed out each time. and then when we went into the league, They dominated the decade. Wanna know why it took so long to catch up with us in the Rivalry series? We kicked your ass until the "Immaculate reception" happened, and during a period in the 80's. It was pretty damn lopsided until uncle scum moved us and we had to start from scratch.

and why the hell is the merger the stake in the ground..is it as if Pro Football didn't exist back then? If theres any thing that would be the stake..it would be the '58 Championship game, being that it was the first championship game to bring folks into football. And Who the hell made you boss in whos championships should be counted? "Well the Red Sox won one before the Marlins were a franchise, therefore it doesn't count".

We'll count what we want to count. You go back to looking at those 40 year old pictures of Franco Harris. We'll go back to looking at Jim Brown.

and The Browns Don't suck. Anyone with a half a brain would know why we have not been a legit team for the past ten years. And if you say :Excuses" you're a moron. You try rebuilding your team from scratch because your jackass owner moved the team to some other city, and then have to start from scratch. So forgive us for being excited that we auctually have something going on, and expect to be a legit team this year. I'm sure you guys felt the same way in 1972.

fansince'76
07-23-2008, 07:15 AM
Oh, and the Steelers D is so much better right?

Yes. :coffee:

fansince'76
07-23-2008, 07:18 AM
I know that, and my point was saying you choked. Big time. Your Defense imploded.
To the same team. For the 2nd home game in a row. Really shows the mark of a good team to get out Steeler-balled at home by the same opponent twice in a row

Yet still good enough to beat you twice in the same season (again), even after spotting you a 15-point lead in the 2nd game. But we're the chokers. :coffee:

Aussie_steeler
07-23-2008, 07:57 AM
I care about Loyalty. And so do the majority of the guys who live around here in the great Buckeye State. You can yammer on about the 5 Super Bowls, and all that stupid garbage thats in the past. But have you stuck with the team even when its at its lowest moment?

If you are so big on loyalty why dont you just stay over at your board and "bash the steelers quite often" SSS

Just remember over here when you are trying to bash some steelers that you are conversing with guys who actually lived in the times that you are talking about and are not merely quoting historical recounts found by googling.

HometownGal
07-23-2008, 08:04 AM
Yet still good enough to beat you twice in the same season (again), even after spotting you a 15-point lead in the 2nd game. But we're the chokers. :coffee:

:applaudit::applaudit::thumbsup:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee286/sylnorma/12702709_l.jpg

X-Terminator
07-23-2008, 09:44 AM
Wow..Those Browns fans sure are sad for their dedication..I tell you what..I've never seen a more miserable group of people.:flap:

I didn't become as Browns for the Nicknames, the Five Rings garbage..any of that. I became one because they're MY team. There will be NOTHING you can do to make me less of a fan or less excited for a season. I could careless about Championships..all that crap, because they're MY team. I stuck with MY TEAM when they were losing 43-0 to Pittsburgh, and I'll stick with MY TEAM when they win the Super Bowl. Same thing you''l hear from any Browns fans.

And its a RIVALRY..it STARTS WITH BEATING THE RIVAL. Woody Hayes had the same attitude..Number 1 was Beating Meatchicken, Number 2 was the rest. Basic Sports, I'm sure Beating WVU sure as hell turned Pitts season from diaster to at least sorta memorable. Thats the mentality I have..Beat the Rival..Make the Playoffs..Then Playoffs..Then Super Bowl :)

Have I stuck with my team through it's lowest moment? Are you friggin serious??? Of COURSE I have. That is, after all what a FAN DOES.

So you're telling me that you'd cheer more if the Browns managed to beat the Steelers once this season than you would if they, by some miracle, managed to win the Super Bowl? THAT is the mentality that is sad, not your "loyalty." Your #1 goal should ALWAYS be to win the Super Bowl! Beating your rivals should not even come close to that level.

It's also funny that you want to diss our 5 championships as "garbage" and "being in the past," yet you and another one of your fans go on and on about your 8 championships that happened eons ago. You say we can't have it both ways? Then you can't either. At least the Steelers have won a championship recently. What has your team done, other than stink out loud?

I'm not trying to make you less of a fan. I'm not even trying to make you less excited about this upcoming season. But I DO think you and the rest of your fans need to take a step back and be a little bit more realistic about this upcoming season. Your team ain't exactly a world-beater. You don't have the world's easiest schedule. NOTHING is guaranteed, not even beating the Steelers.

But you go ahead and keep pounding your chests, and I'll sit back and laugh as your hopes and dreams are crushed. Again.

millwalldavey
07-23-2008, 11:36 AM

Well... in 1964 there were 2 pro leagues... are you ready to share that title with the AFL's Buffalo Bills? I count the old NFL championships as well as Super Bowls so I'll give you guys your four.... Shove the AAFC ones... they dont count the stats in the eyes of the NFL, unlike the AFL ones.

5 to 4. Even considering the AAFC ones, the Browns still suck!

Preacher
07-23-2008, 05:33 PM
The AFL didn't exist UNTIL 1960. The Browns couldn't have been able to play them even if they want to.

We have 8 Pro Championships..the Steelers have 5..Basic Math. Don't discount those 4 either, because we all know the AAFC wasn't a joke league. The Colt and '9ers also came from there. The Browns kept trying to issue Matchups with NFL squads. (including your beloved Steelers probably), and they wussed out each time. and then when we went into the league, They dominated the decade. Wanna know why it took so long to catch up with us in the Rivalry series? We kicked your ass until the "Immaculate reception" happened, and during a period in the 80's. It was pretty damn lopsided until uncle scum moved us and we had to start from scratch.

and why the hell is the merger the stake in the ground..is it as if Pro Football didn't exist back then? If theres any thing that would be the stake..it would be the '58 Championship game, being that it was the first championship game to bring folks into football. And Who the hell made you boss in whos championships should be counted? "Well the Red Sox won one before the Marlins were a franchise, therefore it doesn't count".

We'll count what we want to count. You go back to looking at those 40 year old pictures of Franco Harris. We'll go back to looking at Jim Brown.

and The Browns Don't suck. Anyone with a half a brain would know why we have not been a legit team for the past ten years. And if you say :Excuses" you're a moron. You try rebuilding your team from scratch because your jackass owner moved the team to some other city, and then have to start from scratch. So forgive us for being excited that we auctually have something going on, and expect to be a legit team this year. I'm sure you guys felt the same way in 1972.

Simple.

Go do a google search on "Superbowl Era"

That is the stake in the ground, when to distinct leagues merged to become one... .with the winners of both championship games going on to play for the unified championship.

All the rest is window dressing.

millwalldavey
07-23-2008, 06:00 PM
Simple.

Go do a google search on "Superbowl Era"

That is the stake in the ground, when to distinct leagues merged to become one... .with the winners of both championship games going on to play for the unified championship.

All the rest is window dressing.

Preacherman... we rarely agree on politics, but when it comes to football I think we are separated at birth!

Preacher
07-23-2008, 06:24 PM
Preacherman... we rarely agree on politics, but when it comes to football I think we are separated at birth!

:chuckle:

Well, life has to stay interesting somehow doesn't it?

RoethlisBURGHer
07-23-2008, 08:04 PM
The AAFC is a defunct league in which the NFL doesn't even recognize the statistics or championships of it.

Their championships don't count in my eyes when comparing the Browns and the Steelers because the Steelers were in the NFL that entire time.

I don't mind Browns fans recognizing them as world championships won, but I wish they'd recognize them as what they are...championships from a defunct league which outside of the Browns didn't have a whole lot of super-good teams.

Instead, many Browns fans call them NFL Championships and try to use them to discredit the Steelers. I say bull, if the Steelers didn't play in the league then they can't be used to discredit my team.

The Browns have 4 AAFC Championships and 4 NFL Championships....they have no championships since the Super Bowl era. That is none since professional football became extremly popular (Super Bowl era), and none in the live ball era (late 1970's).

Preacher
07-23-2008, 08:07 PM
The AAFC is a defunct league in which the NFL doesn't even recognize the statistics or championships of it.

Their championships don't count in my eyes when comparing the Browns and the Steelers because the Steelers were in the NFL that entire time.

I don't mind Browns fans recognizing them as world championships won, but I wish they'd recognize them as what they are...championships from a defunct league which outside of the Browns didn't have a whole lot of super-good teams.

Instead, many Browns fans call them NFL Championships and try to use them to discredit the Steelers. I say bull, if the Steelers didn't play in the league then they can't be used to discredit my team.

The Browns have 4 AAFC Championships and 4 NFL Championships....they have no championships since the Super Bowl era. That is none since professional football became extremly popular (Super Bowl era), and none in the live ball era (late 1970's).

Nope..

In reality... they have what is the equivelent of 4 AAFC championships... and four NFC championships...

We have 6 AFC championships... and 5 NFL Championships...

Which means we have 11 to their 8.

If they want to play that game... we can play it too.

9-5
07-23-2008, 09:18 PM
At least we didn't choke to the same team that had handed our asses to us the week before.
Nope..

In reality... they have what is the equivelent of 4 AAFC championships... and four NFC championships...

We have 6 AFC championships... and 5 NFL Championships...

Which means we have 11 to their 8.

If they want to play that game... we can play it too.
Sure you can play....very badly. Your using the excuse that our LEAGUE championships count the same as conference championships. Which they don't. Last time I looked, winning a conference championship didn't count towards your teams total championships. You are counting them in a attempt to make it seem like you have more championships then we do. It's kind of sad, really. Do you guys really need to feel that you have more championships then us? I know having 8 seems a long way off, but in a few decades, who knows? You may tie the Browns, if we don't win a Super Bowl.

And when did the Browns ever play in the NFC?

Preacher
07-23-2008, 09:20 PM
At least we didn't choke to the same team that had handed our asses to us the week before.

Sure you can play....very badly. Your using the excuse that our LEAGUE championships count the same as conference championships. Which they don't. Last time I looked, winning a conference championship didn't count towards your teams total championships. You are counting them in a attempt to make it seem like you have more championships then we do. It's kind of sad, really. Do you guys really need to feel that you have more championships then us? I know having 8 seems a long way off, but in a few decades, who knows? You may tie the Browns, if we don't win a Super Bowl.

And when did the Browns ever play in the NFC?

Man.. Are you that desperate to twist history. The NFC IS the old NFL. That is why they have 4 NFC championships... because they are the OLD NFL.

Logic.... what DO they teach in schools these days... (Rep point for anyone who can locate that last line... including the character who says it!)

HometownGal
07-23-2008, 10:12 PM
Logic.... what DO they teach in schools these days... (Rep point for anyone who can locate that last line... including the character who says it!)

Professor Kirke (played by Jim Broadbent)

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe :thumbsup:

Dawgbone
07-24-2008, 12:07 AM

Thank you.

We did win something, we won 10 games. Also, I just don't care about winning against the Steelers. I didn't say that, I said that we will have at least one win against them this season.

That's all you guys have done since I returned to this site. Is twist my words into something else, I guess that's all your good at.

9-5
07-24-2008, 01:41 AM
Man.. Are you that desperate to twist history. The NFC IS the old NFL. That is why they have 4 NFC championships... because they are the OLD NFL.
Since when was the NFC the old NFL? Since you decided it was to make your argument?

MACH1
07-24-2008, 01:48 AM
Since when was the NFC the old NFL? Since you decided it was to make your argument?

Since when were the browns any good? That counted in the NFL.

Preacher
07-24-2008, 02:10 AM

Since the merger.

NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE became the NATIONAL FOOTBALL CONFERENCE
AMERICAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE became the AMERICAN FOOTBALL CONFERENCE.

they formed..... the NEW.. NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE.

Complete with a championship game called the SUPERBOWL, which your team has never one.

Have a nice day.

fansince'76
07-24-2008, 02:53 AM

No, just to the same team that had handed your asses to you the last 8 times (now 9 times and counting) you played them before that and 13 out of the last 14 (now 14 out of the last 15 and counting). Week before? We played the Rams and Ratbirds to end the season last year, so we didn't play Jax "2 weeks in a row," genius. :coffee:

Preacher
07-24-2008, 03:05 AM
No, just to the same team that had handed your asses to you the last 8 times (now 9 times and counting) you played them before that and 13 out of the last 14 (now 14 out of the last 15 and counting). Week before? We played the Rams and Ratbirds to end the season last year, so we didn't play Jax "2 weeks in a row," genius. :coffee:

Not to mention losing to a AFCN RIVAL 3 TIMES in one season... INCLUDING the playoffs!! :rofl:

You know...... that is fine... YOu can wallow in your ignorance....................................

AFter all...........

http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/4720/s640x640tg3.jpg

Aussie_steeler
07-24-2008, 07:44 AM
If this is from an elected representative of the city I am scared to see what the rest of the city is like.

It sounds like a whole lot more than the just the browns that suck.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/graphics/polensek.png

:tt02::tt02:

revefsreleets
07-24-2008, 08:44 AM
Note to Browns fans: If you don't know what you are talking about, yelling it longer and louder and calling people who know more than you names won't make you any less wrong...it just makes you look even dumber.

And you can't rekindle the rivalry anywhere but on the field, and since hammers and nails aren't rivals, well...win a game. Til then, STFU...

Oh, by the by...saw in the paper today that the Browns opened training camp with a cheer of "Super Bowl, Super Bowl..."

Seems delusion starts on the field then spreads to the stands. But it's cute to see them get their spirits up...

xfl2001fan
07-24-2008, 10:01 AM

The Browns played in the NFL, which became the NFC. Agreed. However, when the merger occurred, the Browns moved to the AFC (to try to even out the teams).

If we're going by your logic that they played for the NFC (because that's what the NFL became) then the Browns won a Superbowl in 2001 because that was the Browns team became. It was really the Browns all along. :rolleyes:

It's not the case. The Browns went from the AAFC to the NFL. When the NFL/AFL merged, they still played for the NFL. Granted, most of the "old NFL" teams did play in the NFC, but that doesn't mean that the Browns played in the NFC.

The Browns have won 0 Superbowls, but 4 NFL championships and 4 AAFC Championships. The Browns never played for the NFC. Those are facts.

If you're going to dis someone for lack of logic, use some yourself.

9-5
07-24-2008, 12:14 PM
NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE became the NATIONAL FOOTBALL CONFERENCE
AMERICAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE became the AMERICAN FOOTBALL CONFERENCE.
And the browns never played in the NFC. To even out the leagues, we moved to the AFC. So how can we have 4 NFC titles if we never played there?
championship game called the SUPERBOWL, which your team has never one.Have a nice day.
Exactly. The championship game is called the Super Bowl because AFL-NFL Championship game isn't exactly a sexy name.

Never one? Never one what? Do you mean never won? Next time you try and diss, make sure other people can understand what you are trying to say:flap:

The Browns still have more championships then the Steelers, no matter how you try and twist history.

revefsreleets
07-24-2008, 12:40 PM
YELL LOUDER!!!!!

HometownGal
07-24-2008, 12:53 PM
The Browns still have more championships then the Steelers, no matter how you try and twist history.

Why then, oh brown and orange pissant, doesn't anyone other than a Browns fan mention those "championships" when speaking of NFL dynasties? :doh: You people accuse Steelers fans of LITP (did I say that? :horror:) but that's all you've been doing in this thread. Our last Super Bowl win was in 2005 - when was yours?

fansince'76
07-24-2008, 01:05 PM

If you want to count those AAFC championships (which are about as relevant as a USFL championship), I guess. By my count, it's still 5-4 in our favor. :coffee:

MACH1
07-24-2008, 01:08 PM
Why then, oh brown and orange pissant, doesn't anyone other than a Browns fan mention those "championships" when speaking of NFL dynasties? :doh: You people accuse Steelers fans of LITP (did I say that? :horror:) but that's all you've been doing in this thread. Our last Super Bowl win was in 2005 - when was yours?

Then they accuse us of (litp)see what you started HTG. :chuckle: By bringing up our five SBs.

millwalldavey
07-24-2008, 01:51 PM
If you want to count those AAFC championships (which are about as relevant as a USFL championship), I guess. By my count, it's still 5-4 in our favor. :coffee:

USFL!!!!!!! Philly/Baltimore Stars have 2 of those! Oh yeah... THE LEAGUES DOES NOT EXIST ANYMORE! Kinda like the AAFC.

LambertIsGod58
07-24-2008, 02:03 PM
I think the arguement here is that we have been competitive for a more consistent time. The Browns glory days were in the 50's and 60's. Haven't done anything since.

Preacher
07-24-2008, 02:26 PM
I think the arguement here is that we have been competitive for a more consistent time. The Browns glory days were in the 50's and 60's. Haven't done anything since.

Naaaaa

The argument here is that... well...

THE BROWNS SUCK!

HometownGal
07-24-2008, 04:39 PM
The Browns glory days were in the 50's and 60's. Haven't done anything since.

Well - they farted a few times in the mid to late 80's but have been pretty constipated since. :poop:

9-5
07-25-2008, 01:17 AM
YELL LOUDER!!!!!
You are the only one yelling in this thread.

I don't know. We should be. 8 championships in 18 seasons, 10 straight championship games, the greatest coach ever, the greatest running back ever......
Seems kinda dynastic to me.

What is LITP, anyway?
If you want to count those AAFC championships I guess.
I do, and I'd be willing to bet any fan of a team who has won would too. You guys are the only fans who think everything before 1972 is irrelevant. All it does is show ignorance and a lack of appreciation of history.

tony hipchest
07-25-2008, 01:36 AM
What is LITP, anyway?

I do, and I'd be willing to bet any fan of a team who has won would too. You guys are the only fans who think everything before 1972 is irrelevant. All it does is show ignorance and a lack of appreciation of history.

Living In The Past

i appreciate history. when the browns were assimilated to the nfl they were matched up against the defending champion eagles for game 1 (of the season with combined leagues) and whipped them. the browns did a great job proving they deserved to "run with the BIG dogs" in their 1st year.

however, rooney purchased the canton bulldogs for $2500 in 1933. (kinda explains why the steelers still own canton to this day) chuck noll eventually took over and did what no other coach has done. :tt:

the browns can have the greatest "coach" or "rb" of all time. :thumbsup:

none of that matters when the STEELERS are the undisputed greatest TEAM of all time. :tt03:

fansince'76
07-25-2008, 01:44 AM

The 4 I'm actually giving you credit for all occurred well before 1972. Try again, junior. And as far as "history of the game" goes, I've probably forgotten more than you've ever known. :coffee:

Steeler in Carolina
07-25-2008, 07:14 AM
History means nothing to me right now. The Browns will not break .500 this year. Mark it down. Copy this post. Derek Andersen played so far above his head last year, he will come back to life this year.

Steeler in Carolina
07-25-2008, 07:14 AM
One more thing, the Browns suck.

HometownGal
07-25-2008, 07:22 AM
You guys are the only fans who think everything before 1972 is irrelevant. All it does is show ignorance and a lack of appreciation of history.

It's pretty obvious that everyone, including the sports media, doesn't consider the Browns as a dynasty and have pretty much forgotten about them after Super Bowl I was played in 1967. That alone should tell you something. :banging: The Browns were a great team in the 50's and 60's, but 44 years have passed since they won a championship game and it may be another 44 years until they win another. As is my motto with regard to the Browns - one step forward, two steps back. :chuckle:

revefsreleets
07-25-2008, 09:13 AM
This year is going to be like every other year, and at the end of this year, they'll all be saying "Maybe next year". And then next fall, all these asshats will come BACK out of the wordwork with the same tired old arguments, and we'll do this all over again.

To be a Browns fan is just like poor Sisyphus, eternally rolling that boulder up the hill.

Poor bastards.

millwalldavey
07-25-2008, 09:23 AM
The 4 I'm actually giving you credit for all occurred well before 1972. Try again, junior. And as far as "history of the game" goes, I've probably forgotten more than you've ever known. :coffee:

I second that!

LambertIsGod58
07-25-2008, 09:43 AM
You are the only one yelling in this thread.

I don't know. We should be. 8 championships in 18 seasons, 10 straight championship games, the greatest coach ever, the greatest running back ever......
Seems kinda dynastic to me.

What is LITP, anyway?

Lack of appreciation of history? What happened to Paul Brown? You know, "the greatest coach ever"? Modell booted his ass. Is that how you appreciate history? Lack of class organization.....with or without Modell. Greatest RB ever? Thanks for the laugh. He was of that time....Barry Sanders is IMO the greatest of all time. Give him Emmit Smith's offensive line and he would have buried all the rushing records!

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-25-2008, 11:53 AM
Lack of appreciation of history? What happened to Paul Brown? You know, "the greatest coach ever"? Modell booted his ass. Is that how you appreciate history? Lack of class organization.....with or without Modell. Greatest RB ever? Thanks for the laugh. He was of that time....Barry Sanders is IMO the greatest of all time. Give him Emmit Smith's offensive line and he would have buried all the rushing records!

Walter Payton man. :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ADcKddMxR9o

I love Jim Brown..but in the 80's up until now..no one has been greater.

Dino 6 Rings
07-25-2008, 12:18 PM
how's the Dallas game looking Browns fan? Still over looking that game and focussing on us week 2?

I'm watching every Texans game I can in the pre-season to "scout" our biggest enemy right now. Week 1. We need to rip their hearts out and shatter the hopes and dreams of their fan base. I care not for week 2 yet.

xfl2001fan
07-25-2008, 12:27 PM
how's the Dallas game looking Browns fan? Still over looking that game and focussing on us week 2?

I'm watching every Texans game I can in the pre-season to "scout" our biggest enemy right now. Week 1. We need to rip their hearts out and shatter the hopes and dreams of their fan base. I care not for week 2 yet.

As a fan, I can look at whatever week I want to and it makes no nevermind. It's the team that has to focus on Dallas. If they're focused, I'll look whereever I want to. So yeah, I'm more focused on the Steelers than I am Dallas, because I can guarantee you we'll be playing you guys twice.

I'd love to play Dallas a second time this season though!

Dino 6 Rings
07-25-2008, 12:44 PM
I'd love to play Dallas a second time this season though!

why is that? want a 4th loss for sure on your schedule?

xfl2001fan
07-25-2008, 01:07 PM
Ahh, sarcasm without wit. If we play Dallas a second time this season it's because we're in the Superbowl. I figured even a Steelers fan could follow that statement to a logical conclusion. Guess I gave you too much credit. That won't happen again.

millwalldavey
07-25-2008, 02:25 PM
The only way the Browns will play Dallas twice this year or any other year is by moving into their division.

Dino 6 Rings
07-25-2008, 02:32 PM
Ahh, sarcasm without wit. If we play Dallas a second time this season it's because we're in the Superbowl. I figured even a Steelers fan could follow that statement to a logical conclusion. Guess I gave you too much credit. That won't happen again.

Since I will never pick the Cowboys to make the SB, I didn't see your point. Sarcasm is difficult to read by the way. Regardless, you'd still lose to them twice.

I wonder who your coach will be in 09. Cause Romeo is GONE after they miss the playoffs this season with all that false hope and ridiculous hype.

xfl2001fan
07-25-2008, 02:40 PM
Since I will never pick the Cowboys to make the SB, I didn't see your point. Sarcasm is difficult to read by the way. Regardless, you'd still lose to them twice.

I wonder who your coach will be in 09. Cause Romeo is GONE after they miss the playoffs this season with all that false hope and ridiculous hype.

I'm not picking them for the playoffs, but I know that the only way we play them twice in a season is in the Superbowl.

You don't know that we'd lose to them twice. An injury to Romo and one of their key defenders kills their chance to compete effectively. Same with you guys, if Ben goes down for a lengthy period of time and Troy or another key defender gets hurt, you guys are hurting bad.

There are no guarantees. Don't believe me? Ask the NE Cheatriots (after they had already beaten the NY Giants once just a few weeks prior to the SB) whether victories are guaranteed.

The only guaranteed victories are the ones in the past. Everything else is possibility vs probability.

Dino 6 Rings
07-25-2008, 03:01 PM
I'm not picking them for the playoffs, but I know that the only way we play them twice in a season is in the Superbowl.

You don't know that we'd lose to them twice. An injury to Romo and one of their key defenders kills their chance to compete effectively. Same with you guys, if Ben goes down for a lengthy period of time and Troy or another key defender gets hurt, you guys are hurting bad.

There are no guarantees. Don't believe me? Ask the NE Cheatriots (after they had already beaten the NY Giants once just a few weeks prior to the SB) whether victories are guaranteed.

The only guaranteed victories are the ones in the past. Everything else is possibility vs probability.

I respect your positive attitude and hopeful outlook of your team's chances. Its very cute to see. Here's a clap for you.

clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.

Cheer on fellow fan. Even though your team is doomed, I respect your fandom.

xfl2001fan
07-25-2008, 03:42 PM
Hopeful outlook? I'd like for that to happen, but what fan doesn't want that for their team? This is the best we've looked since our return. It's hard to not be cautiously optimisic.

I have not (however) guaranteed the playoffs. I just said I'd like to face Dallas a second time, because that would mean the SB. I'm one of those Browns fans that understands that the path to the playoffs (and for the AFCN Crown) does run through Pittsburgh.

The closest thing I'll make to a prediction is this: you had better hope your team takes the Browns more seriously than you do. Otherwise, your chances of taking the AFCN will decrease significantly.

tony hipchest
07-25-2008, 04:49 PM
The closest thing I'll make to a prediction is this: you had better hope your team takes the Browns more seriously than you do. Otherwise, your chances of taking the AFCN will decrease significantly.the steelers players will be the 1st to tell you they never take the browns lightly, which is probably why they never lose to them like they did to the jets/cardinals/broncos last year and the raiders the year before.

even though the steelers know the browns are scheduled to lay an egg against them once a year, they also give them a tough game once a year too. they never know if the egg will be in the 1st or 2nd meeting.

the steelers will be prepared.

LambertIsGod58
07-25-2008, 04:56 PM
I don't know...something tells me that Cleveland may be for real this year. Edwards, Stallworth and Winslow with Anderson at QB is gonna be good. As long as Jamal has some tread left, offensively they are capable of beating most teams IMO.

revefsreleets
07-25-2008, 05:26 PM
Anderson will get "Fryed" just like Charlie did last year.

Dino 6 Rings
07-25-2008, 05:40 PM
you had better hope your team takes the Browns more seriously than you do. Otherwise, your chances of taking the AFCN will decrease significantly.

The only team I take seriously at this point in the season is the Houston Texans.

But the Browns are a traditional rival and fellow AFC North Team. We must play them twice a year, every year, there is no way, our Team will over look an inter division rival.

xfl2001fan
07-25-2008, 06:30 PM
I don't know...something tells me that Cleveland may be for real this year. Edwards, Stallworth and Winslow with Anderson at QB is gonna be good. As long as Jamal has some tread left, offensively they are capable of beating most teams IMO.

At least you recognize that there's a chance for a loss.

Stallworth is good for about 10 games a year. He'll have hammy problems during the season, so it's really important for us to find a quality #3 WR that can (potentially) step up into a #2 role. Jamal will only be as good the offensive line, which makes me optimistic.

Anderson (and potentially Quinn) are the real question marks on offense. If Anderson hasn't learned to check down, then our fate will rest on Quinn's brains and right arm. I'm not sold on Quinn. So I'm praying for Anderson's improvement.

HometownGal
07-25-2008, 07:50 PM
Hey xflfan - quit with the hijacking already! :chuckle:

Let's get back to the topic of this thread . . .

THE BROWNS SUCK! :tt02::tt02:

Dawgbone
07-25-2008, 10:29 PM

Thank you Jesus!! There's a smart Steelers fan posting in this thread. Thanks for the credit, that's all I wanted.

Well unless that was all sarcasm. Kind of hard to tell. LOL!

xfl2001fan
07-25-2008, 11:22 PM
Hey xflfan - quit with the hijacking already! :chuckle:

NEVER!!! GO BROWNS!!!!!!

Aussie_steeler
07-26-2008, 05:04 AM
Lets get back on topic

http://www.ohiomm.com/blogs/bok/wp-content/uploads/boktrans/061128boklores.jpg

millwalldavey
07-26-2008, 01:48 PM
I must admit that there are 4 teams out there that I hate more than the Brownies. (Ratbirds, Bungles, Cheats*, Philly Crows)

Texasteel
07-26-2008, 02:11 PM
There are several teams I hate worst than the Browns, but we have more Browns fans here. There for............OPEN SEASON!

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-26-2008, 06:25 PM
If this is from an elected representative of the city I am scared to see what the rest of the city is like.

It sounds like a whole lot more than the just the browns that suck.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/graphics/polensek.png

:tt02::tt02:

I love how some moron who hasn't even stepped foot in the state deems the City and Area as a Dump.

I could say how much Australian is a desert filled with Paul Hogan like guys and Crocs (CRIKEE!)..but it done mean a thing because I've never set foot in the country.

Grow some balls and step foot in Cleveland, Akron or Canton or ANY area in Ohio. It's actually really not that bad, and I enjoy and like living here. It ain't San Diego..but..it has its areas..like every area, before criticizing it.

To think that were all just paint us as a bunch of morons and that the city is ugly over here because our politicians are morons is pretty damn stupid. California is full of moronic politicians, and is probably among the most beautiful states in the union. Pennsylvania is full of moronic politicians,(John Murtha anyone?). And I auctually happen to think that some of the areas (Beaver Falls, Cranberry) are very nice, in fact VERY similiar to where I live in terms of the type of people that live there and the beauty of the area. Only difference being
that must people are into the Steelers and Penn State, etc.

Wanna pick on a city and its fans? Go see it for yourself, and go live among the locals. Because its rather stupid to just judge by pics on the interweb and some Moronic Politicians that everyone everywhere has. At least the majority here have done that and seen first hand my city and its fans.

And Again..You have the gall to criticize for voicing my opinions on the past, and about football in general. I may have not been there, but I've talked to and met various Browns fans from that era (My old man Most definitely included). I've played the game, and I've lived the life of playing Football in the area and what it means here. I'm not some jerkoff from Australia who's entire goal is to criticize my town, who hasn't even stepped foot in it.

Go put some shrimp on the barbie and go visit Ohio before you go and criticize it.

Preacher
07-26-2008, 07:14 PM
I love how some moron who hasn't even stepped foot in the state deems the City and Area as a Dump.

I could say how much Australian is a desert filled with Paul Hogan like guys and Crocs (CRIKEE!)..but it done mean a thing because I've never set foot in the country.

Grow some balls and step foot in Cleveland, Akron or Canton or ANY area in Ohio. It's actually really not that bad, and I enjoy and like living here. It ain't San Diego..but..it has its areas..like every area, before criticizing it.

To think that were all just paint us as a bunch of morons and that the city is ugly over here because our politicians are morons is pretty damn stupid. California is full of moronic politicians, and is probably among the most beautiful states in the union. Pennsylvania is full of moronic politicians,(John Murtha anyone?). And I auctually happen to think that some of the areas (Beaver Falls, Cranberry) are very nice, in fact VERY similiar to where I live in terms of the type of people that live there and the beauty of the area. Only difference being

Wanna pick on a city and its fans? Go see it for yourself, and go live among the locals. Because its rather stupid to just judge by pics on the interweb and some Moronic Politicians that everyone everywhere has. At least the majority here have done that and seen first hand my city and its fans.

And Again..You have the gall to criticize for voicing my opinions on the past, and about football in general. I may have not been there, but I've talked to and met various Browns fans from that era (My old man Most definitely included). I've played the game, and I've lived the life of playing Football in the area and what it means here. I'm not some jerkoff from Australia who's entire goal is to criticize my town, who hasn't even stepped foot in it.

Go put some shrimp on the barbie and go visit Ohio before you go and criticize it.

Yeah...

Go look at what the Browns boards say about Pitt... yet what, 2 percent have ever been there.

SOrry, it goes with the territory.

Furthermore.. this is the BLAST FURNACE... Where people come to TALK SMACK... In a thread about how the BROWNS SUCK.

May I suggest, if you don't want to read it... to not come into this thread?

I read plenty of that kind of thing on a Browns board. I simply chose not to respond and not to read on, because I understand I was on THEIR BOARD and THEY were talking smack.

What is more interesting however, is that this smack is BACKED UP WITH FACTS.

This is an ACTUAL LETTER.

So complain all you want. Your real anger should be directed to Councilman Polensek

revefsreleets
07-26-2008, 07:28 PM
I live in a Cleveland suburb, and am moving to Akron probably in the next month or so. Smack talk about towns happens, and it's nothing to get fired up about. There's a ton of great things about NE Ohio, in particular Cleveland, and I proudly "fly the flag" from time to time, but "The City of Champions" it ain't, and hasn't been since Eisenhower was in the White House.

I did some freelance work for the All-American Soap Box Derby in Akron today. What an awesome event! Just one of myriad things that are great about this area. Rock-N-Roll HOF, Pro Football HOF, Lake Erie and the islands, Cedar Point, Akron and Cleveland Art Museums, Cuyahoga Valley Nat'l Park, Blossom Music Center...I could go on and on. This is a great area to live in, but it's going to get smacked around in the blast furnace, and, why not? Everything is fair game here...

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-26-2008, 07:40 PM
I live in a Cleveland suburb, and am moving to Akron probably in the next month or so. Smack talk about towns happens, and it's nothing to get fired up about. There's a ton of great things about NE Ohio, in particular Cleveland, and I proudly "fly the flag" from time to time, but "The City of Champions" it ain't, and hasn't been since Eisenhower was in the White House.
:banging:
I did some freelance work for the All-American Soap Box Derby in Akron today. What an awesome event! Just one of myriad things that are great about this area. Rock-N-Roll HOF, Pro Football HOF, Lake Erie and the islands, Cedar Point, Akron and Cleveland Art Museums, Cuyahoga Valley Nat'l Park, Blossom Music Center...I could go on and on. This is a great area to live in, but it's going to get smacked around in the blast furnace, and, why not? Everything is fair game here...

It's not so much about the city being blast itself..moreso some guy blasting and having never stepped but one foot in the state.

In response to those who aren't big on Pitt, I'm not really all that much either..but I do really like the surrounding suburbs, Driving through it many a time, I'll say that I do think that Cranberry is a cool little town. I really enjoyed Quaker Steak and its probably my favorite restaurant ever. And Beaver Falls is a great little small town, full of Football heritage, and I enjoyed my College Visit there. If I had the funds, I'd probably be trying to go there for an education. I'd diss you for looking rather Sooty..but again..it'd be sorta lame because we're sorta that way too. (Youngstown Anyone? ;))

And Again..very much so, I believe that a good majority of politicians are buffoons and just to judge an area by a letter sent by someone is just dumb.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-26-2008, 07:47 PM
What is more interesting however, is that this smack is BACKED UP WITH FACTS.

This is an ACTUAL LETTER.

So complain all you want. Your real anger should be directed to Councilman Polensek

Hows a letter a fact?

Whats it prove, our city is run by moronic democratic politicians? Yeah..thats news. :rolleyes:. In other news..The Sky is Blue.

It doesn't say anything about the majority of our people in the area act, and how our restaurants are, how our pollution is..All that stuff.

I could post the article about how Pittsburgh is the most Sootiest city, but does that really mean anything? Its not saying if the residents are bitter or how they treat tourists. What level of "Awesomeness" is kennywood, and if Quaker Steak is a good bite to eat.

To say that "Oh..I'm afraid to set foot in Cleveland, because some dumbass politician wrote a letter". Is very, very dumb.

xfl2001fan
07-26-2008, 08:56 PM
Alright Browns fans, calm down. Why get hyped up over anything a politician says? Especially a polician that's not one you'll have to deal with in Ohio? This is the Blast Furnace, you are a member of the enemy on this site.

HometownGal
07-26-2008, 10:07 PM
Pennsylvania is full of moronic politicians,(John Murtha anyone?).

Hey - if you're gonna bash our politicians here in PA, do it right. You forgot to mention Eddie "Kickbacks" Rendell. :pig:

And Again..You have the gall to criticize for voicing my opinions on the past, and about football in general.

Sure we do. Steelers Fever. Get it? :doh:

I can't count the number of times I have read your Browns buddies refer to our city as "Pissburgh" and "Shitsburgh". One of the things you Browns fans have in common (other than rooting for a team that sucks :flap: :chuckle:) is shoveling the shit but getting your boxers in a bunch when the shit is shoveled back. If you are going to dish it out, especially in enemy territory - you'd best be able to take it too.

Aussie_steeler
07-27-2008, 03:28 AM

I think I am entitled to a right of reply to this post so here goes.

1. Nice to see that you finally had to resort to personal insults to get your message across. You can go back to your board and brag about how you based another stooler. I sure that will buy you some credibility back there.

2. I have finished puberty a long long time ago so maybe I will leave the ball growing to you

3. This jerkoffs entire goal is actually to highlight you for the troll that you are. Looks like I accomplished that goal.

4. Ask yourself one question - Would you ban a stooler from your site for giving a similar spray to the loyal browns fans that frequent there? I think we all know the answer to that.

Good luck and I hope the browns play well in week 2. We are all looking forward to the contest and may the better team win. Hope to catch you soon on my next fishing trip.

MACH1
07-31-2008, 01:28 AM
xfl is that you. :flap:

http://worldofstuart.excellentcontent.com/turd.jpg

xfl2001fan
07-31-2008, 06:24 AM
Not even close bro. That's just wrong!

revefsreleets
07-31-2008, 09:24 AM
Corrupt Politicians? In Cleveland? NAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!
(Look, I'll defend the city, but every city has it warts)

http://www.myfoxcleveland.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7077985&version=20&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

FBI Raids Cuyahoga County Offices

The Fox 8 I-Team reports that federal agents swooped into the Cuyahoga County Administration Building Monday morning - armed with search warrants.

A well-placed source tells the I-Team's Bill Sheil that federal agents were searching the offices of Cuyahoga County Commissioner Jimmy DiMora, County Auditor Frank Russo, the County Engineer's office, and the Information Services department; which is a wing of Russo's office.

Dozens of employees working in DiMora's office and Russo's office were questioned by the FBI, then told to go home for the day.

The FBI confirms to Fox 8 News that agents from the Internal Revenue Service were also actively involved in the search.

The FBI tells the I-Team's Tom Merriman that the search involves hundreds of agents and multiple locations.

Agents are searching DiMora and Russo's residences as well in what is a wide reaching public corruption investigation.

County officials have been embroiled in controversy recently. Recorder Pat O'Malley plead guilty earlier this summer to a pornography charge and is expected to be sentenced in federal court next month.

Separately, last year, the I-Team reported that the county spent almost a million dollars more to remove asbestos from a building than the lowest bid came in at. The county said a subcontractor of that bidder was unqualified, even though he had a county permit to do that type of work. Some questioned why the county would spend almost a million dollars more for the same work.

There is no information at this early stage that today's investigation is linked to either the O'Malley case or the asbestos controversy.

All Dems to boot...

HometownGal
08-04-2008, 05:48 PM
Four days later and..........

THE BROWNS STILL SUCK! :tt03::tt02:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s70/Gentry83/Sports/alex.jpg

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

billybob
08-04-2008, 05:49 PM
Four days later and..........

THE BROWNS STILL SUCK! :tt03::tt02:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s70/Gentry83/Sports/alex.jpg

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Like i have stated before htg,your bad!!!!

Blonde Bomber
08-08-2008, 07:04 AM
I am getting the usual Brownie jokes from the Clown fans here ( they are going all the way stuff lol ), but the best is always when one of them brings up friggin Bernie. I can not believe that Browns fans actually liked this guy as a QB. I can not remember seeing ONE of his passes being on target, he was all over the place, but then I guess Cleveland fans live in a fantasy football world. :)

HometownGal
08-18-2008, 09:03 PM
EDIT: Didn't see Browns/Giants game thread in NFL forum before posting. Oops!

Texasteel
08-18-2008, 09:09 PM
Anderson is going in for an X-ray. Without a veteran backup QB this team could be in real trouble already.

MACH1
08-18-2008, 09:23 PM
Every time the browns take the field I have this music stuck in my head. They should make it their introduction music at the beginning of a game.

HIs8M9Wh27w

CantStop85
08-18-2008, 10:17 PM
Every time the browns take the field I have this music stuck in my head. They should make it their introduction music at the beginning of a game.

HIs8M9Wh27w

I gotta hand it to you...you post some of the craziest sh*t I've ever seen. :flap:

Dino 6 Rings
08-20-2008, 05:57 PM
Anderson is going in for an X-ray. Without a veteran backup QB this team could be in real trouble already.

They were in trouble when the played over their heads last year and got way too much love this off season.

Week 1 they play the Cowboys...Week 2 the Steelers...

Season gets real long real fast if they start without a win in those two games.

revefsreleets
08-20-2008, 07:11 PM
They are better off with Quinn anyway. He'll have a few bumps in the road, but he's going to be a very good pro QB.

Texasteel
08-21-2008, 05:54 PM
They are better off with Quinn anyway. He'll have a few bumps in the road, but he's going to be a very good pro QB.

The fact that Quinn spends a lot of time with his hands between another mans legs, does not make him veteren QB

MACH1
08-21-2008, 06:18 PM
The fact that Quinn spends a lot of time with his hands between another mans legs, does not make him veteren QB

That just makes him a pole vaulter.

SteelMember
08-21-2008, 06:20 PM

"He probably dosen't have the common courtesy to give a reach around.":laughing:
Gunnery Sgt Hartman-Full Metal Jacket

MACH1
08-21-2008, 06:27 PM
He probably wont fumble much either, I heard he has a real tight grip.:chuckle:

stlrtruck
08-21-2008, 08:58 PM
That just makes him a pole vaulter.

Hey TONY...he said, pole vaulter!!!!

MACH1
08-25-2008, 09:50 PM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w11/bcrab/2182776840065390791yroxhgfs5eo.jpg

At the pub ordering his favorite snack

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w11/bcrab/soup.jpg

Dino 6 Rings
09-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Steelers, 1-0 with a Beat Down of the Texans to start the 2008 season...so who's next on the schedule...lets look ahead now that we have the win...looking...looking...looking...Oh how about that...the Freaking Browns...

Destruction heads towards Cleveland in 7 days...

SteelCityMan786
09-07-2008, 04:23 PM
THE BROWNS STILL SUCK!!!!

Edman
09-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Cowpokes open a 7-0 lead and Cleveland still sucks.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-07-2008, 10:11 PM
To all the Browns fans thinking that this is the year the Browns take over the AFC North. I hope that the game against Dallas was a wake-up call.. The Browns still suck. Hahahaha .:sign03:
:tt02::tt02::tt02:

lilyoder6
09-07-2008, 10:51 PM
yes they do.. and that all-star of a off did NOTHING!!!

Galax Steeler
09-08-2008, 05:07 AM
They look like the brownies and played like the brownies.

jjpro11
09-08-2008, 10:57 AM
its browns game week and guess what..... they still profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltering suck!

http://www.dallascowboys.com/images/CowboysDefense_Browns_090708_300.jpg

HometownGal
09-08-2008, 11:11 AM
Too bad, so sad - Santa thinks the Browns suck too. :laughing:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee286/sylnorma/12702709_l.jpg

MACH1
09-08-2008, 06:55 PM
http://www.k9-crazy.com/blog/2008/jan/foxy/hurryup2.jpg

And a new brown is born.

jjpro11
09-08-2008, 06:59 PM
this guy agrees.. the browns do in fact suck.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=95098527

RoethlisBURGHer
09-09-2008, 10:04 PM
this guy agrees.. the browns do in fact suck.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=95098527

I just requested friendship with that guy!

MACH1
09-15-2008, 01:36 AM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w11/bcrab/2843339353_655dcd6c1d.jpg

Edman
09-15-2008, 09:01 AM
I wonder if Romeo Crennel will make history to become the only Browns coach to never beat the Steelers?

Ben still unbeaten in Ohio!:thumbsup:

St33lersguy
09-16-2008, 08:23 PM
Steelers 10 Browns 6. Might aswell find and bring back Jim Brown and Otto Graham for week 17. :chuckle:

HometownGal
09-16-2008, 08:54 PM
Holy shit - there he is!

http://gafflin.com/fafa/graphics/01messages_slam_osama.jpg

lilyoder6
09-16-2008, 08:58 PM
the pic isn't showing up for me.. :(

but another victory in ohio... ben just owns ohio

millwalldavey
09-16-2008, 09:29 PM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w11/bcrab/2843339353_655dcd6c1d.jpg

MAch1... do you have a bigger and better resolution pic of this for a background?!?!?!

MACH1
09-16-2008, 11:24 PM
MAch1... do you have a bigger and better resolution pic of this for a background?!?!?!

Nope, thats all I have.

But then there's these one's for browns nation.

http://www.cupofdog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/pop__mrpoopsall.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w11/bcrab/10354499.jpg

Galax Steeler
09-19-2008, 04:44 AM
Nope, thats all I have.

But then there's these one's for browns nation.

http://www.cupofdog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/pop__mrpoopsall.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w11/bcrab/10354499.jpg

Thats funny.:toofunny:

Havik
09-21-2008, 12:24 AM
I'm sick of hearing about the Browns, and as much as I hate the Ravens I hope they show the Browns and their fans that they are nothing but an over-hyped, overrated piss poor excuse for a pro football team. That and I really enjoy the suffering of their fans. If you think laughing at the Browns is getting old, you would be wrong.

Texasteel
09-21-2008, 07:13 AM
After a lengthy study and careful consideration by an independent laboratory. It was been determine that in fact.

:sign03:

Galax Steeler
09-21-2008, 08:25 AM
What do the browns and bengals have in common they both suck.

xfl2001fan
09-21-2008, 07:27 PM
And today's performance (or lack thereof) was absolutely pitiful. Bring on Brady and hope that something can be salvaged from this season...though I can't possibly see what that something is...because our defense still can't stop the run.

revefsreleets
09-21-2008, 07:45 PM
And today's performance (or lack thereof) was absolutely pitiful. Bring on Brady and hope that something can be salvaged from this season...though I can't possibly see what that something is...because our defense still can't stop the run.

You mean DA is NOT the answer?

I HATE being 100% right almost all the time:applaudit:

xfl2001fan
09-21-2008, 09:37 PM
You mean DA is NOT the answer?

I HATE being 100% right almost all the time:applaudit:

:blah::blah::blah::
:coffee::popcorn:

He's not the answer to our run stopping problems. I never indicated he was. But this is two consecutive weeks that he has thrown some stupid interceptions (his first one against the Ravens was more Winslow's fault than Anderson's.)

revefsreleets
09-21-2008, 09:48 PM
:blah::blah::blah::
:coffee::popcorn:

He's not the answer to our run stopping problems. I never indicated he was. But this is two consecutive weeks that he has thrown some stupid interceptions (his first one against the Ravens was more Winslow's fault than Anderson's.)

But Winslow also saved him from a "tip drill" pick.

Face it, dude, DA is done. They should have traded him for a pick, yeah, but they thought they were being clever.

When the ratings are released Tuesday, DA's QBR is going to suck ass. He's one and done, baby...

Steelman16
09-22-2008, 12:48 AM
Brady! Brady! Brady! We want Brady!

revefsreleets
09-22-2008, 10:23 AM
DA's QBR yesterday?

That's it. I can't envision any scenario in which Quinn DOESN'T start next week against Cincy.

And it happened 3 weeks earlier than I predicted:tt02:

rbryan
09-22-2008, 12:37 PM
The battle for Ohio is on.....lol Good news is somebody has to get thier first win.

Sorry, couldn't help myself, after talking about the Steeler game all morning I needed to come over here to cheer myself up.

#1LambertFan
09-22-2008, 12:46 PM
Don't even bring up Michigan...the only fans I hate more than Michigan fans are Miami (Fl.) fans.

Uhh......out of respect for the great Jim Brown? Surprisngly, I have not read Brown's auto-bio yet.

the only fans I hate more than Michigan fans are Miami (Fl.) fans.

WHY???
Miami fans are nearly the exact same as Steelers fans. In fact most Steelers fans I have met are Miami fans, me included. Is it that you like FSU and we just roll over you like a speed bump in our schedule like the Steelers roll over Cleveland. (can't get into a thread bashing the Browns without throwing my hat in the ring.)

Edman
09-28-2008, 12:41 PM
You know Dante Stallworth? One of Cleveland's great offseason signings that was going to make them the "team to beat" in the AFC North? One of the offseason signings that Cleveland fans endlessly bragged about?

Well, in true form, he hasn't played a down for them yet and is as soft as ever. Cleveland's genius and Phil Savage's overrated-ness shows again. The Browns are the NFL's version of the Pittsburgh Pirates. A once-prosperous organization run into the depths. Poor drafting, and equally poor FA signing.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=149&f=1547&t=3076596

lilyoder6
09-28-2008, 03:12 PM
lol... true dat bout stallworth... and what about those players on the def line that was gonna make a diff??? haha.. PATHETIC

Dino 6 Rings
09-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Hat tip to the Browns, they don't have to fire their head coach yet...they beat the only team in Ohio they possibly could beat...

1-3...wow, what a great start to the season for the Browns. I'm so impressed with the way they've built off that 10 win season from last year...

lilyoder6
09-28-2008, 09:32 PM
and u got to love all of those "key" pick-ups... they are rly contributing to this team's sucess

Dino 6 Rings
09-28-2008, 09:42 PM
and u got to love all of those "key" pick-ups... they are rly contributing to this team's sucess

:applaudit:

no kidding!

:rofl:

MACH1
09-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Hat tip to the Browns, they don't have to fire their head coach yet...they beat the only team in Ohio they possibly could beat...

1-3...wow, what a great start to the season for the Browns. I'm so impressed with the way they've built off that 10 win season from last year...

Hey now. Someone had to win.....:rofl:

revefsreleets
09-29-2008, 09:48 AM
That "game" yesterday was a horrific suckfest of ineptitude. One of the most boring games I've ever watched. Watching DA flounder around back their so Romeo can save face is so embarrassing for the Browns it made ME cringe.

Awful:

Browns 4-12
Bengals 3-13

Elvis
09-29-2008, 10:59 AM
Brownies?......
Sorry, I just cant help but feel sorry for'em... :rofl:

rbryan
09-29-2008, 12:12 PM
I would like to start a petition that the first Cleveland / Cincy game be moved back until at least week 7 next year. I think theres a real good chance they could have both made it to 0-7 before thier matchup.

St33lersguy
01-19-2009, 09:26 PM
Football tips from Romeo Crennel
How to respond to a 10 win season and deal with expectations: easy lose 12 games andnot score a TD.
Yep the same team that was supposed to build off the momentum of last year and had "talent" finishes 4-12 and the supposed great offense can't score a TD in 6 games :applaudit:
:sign03::sign03::sign03:

CB1977
01-20-2009, 01:17 PM
Football tips from Romeo Crennel
How to respond to a 10 win season and deal with expectations: easy lose 12 games andnot score a TD.
Yep the same team that was supposed to build off the momentum of last year and had "talent" finishes 4-12 and the supposed great offense can't score a TD in 6 games :applaudit:
:sign03::sign03::sign03:

That's why he's gone.

Happy gloating.

devilsdancefloor
01-20-2009, 01:34 PM
that was a virtual "look" from a woman! do not look dirctly into the virtual eyes put head down and walk away as fast as you can!

CB1977
01-20-2009, 01:55 PM
Hey...what can I say? I'm PMS'ing big time here.

Don't piss me off again!!!!!!!!!!!!