PDA

View Full Version : Faneca happy for Simmons

Stlrs4Life
09-04-2007, 07:45 PM
Steelers Notebook
Tuesday, September 04, 2007
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Faneca happy for Simmons

Alan Faneca sent a text message to fellow offensive guard Kendall Simmons Sunday: "Congratulations, you deserve it."

Faneca said he has no mixed feelings at all that Simmons received a contract extension from the Steelers Sunday and he did not.

"I love Kendall to death; I'm happy for him," Faneca said. "He's been working hard and playing great."

Simmons' contract is the last the Steelers will negotiate this year. If Faneca or any other player whose contract expires at the end of the season is to re-sign it will have to come when the season ends.

The Steelers took that approach years ago when they concluded negotiating contracts during a season had a negative impact on some players.

"It's gotten me at times," said Faneca, acknowledging the effects on him of his contract situation. "But I think for the most part I've done a pretty good job of staying focused on what I need to do and what was going on on the field."

He did not shut the door completely to the narrow chance that he could sign a contract with the Steelers after the season.

"I'm not saying never. I'm just saying the realities are what they are and the likelihood is slim. I can't focus on the probability of a slim chance."

Jman
09-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Good to see Faneca acting professionally in this situation.

fansince'76
09-04-2007, 07:48 PM
Duplicate thread: http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=19314

Closing.