PDA

View Full Version : CBS Sportsline Likes The Steelers

Atlanta Dan
09-04-2007, 08:25 PM
Time to start getting nervous - somebody actually thinks the Steelers may be a pretty good team and picks them to win the division. Link and excerpt below:

AFC North Preview: Let's go with the jaw-dropping choice

By Pete Prisco
CBSSports.com Senior Writer

Aside from the coach and a few faces here and there, this Pittsburgh team isn't much different from the one that owned the Super Bowl two seasons ago. With the new offensive style, look for them to get close again. They are the team to beat in the AFC North, which is a good division.

The Baltimore Ravens are the trendy pick, some even picking them to win the Super Bowl after their 13-3 season in 2006. But the pick here is for the Steelers to return to the playoffs by winning this division.

The Mike Tomlin era will get off to a good start.

http://www.sportsline.com/print/nfl/story/10331205

SteelCityMan786
09-04-2007, 08:27 PM
WOW, I thought they all had their heads up their behinds. I guess they don't.

stillers4me
09-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Well......shoot. So much for flying under the radar.......

fansince'76
09-04-2007, 08:31 PM
Aw, jeez - Prisco. We're doomed. :chuckle:

Statik
09-05-2007, 12:21 AM
Hell, I think yahoo.com had us winning the tiebreaker with Baltimore, both going 10-6, and I also saw some chick on ESPN8 or however many different channels they got, picking us as winning the whole f'n thing this year......

Steelers are never under the radar...

EDIT (to continue my last statement) ....., every team that sees us on the schedule know they're in for a battle, Steelers have never been a "walk over" team.

Preacher
09-05-2007, 12:45 AM
Hell, I think yahoo.com had us winning the tiebreaker with Baltimore, both going 10-6, and I also saw some chick on ESPN8 or however many different channels they got, picking us as winning the whole f'n thing this year......

Steelers are never under the radar...

EDIT (to continue my last statement) ....., every team that sees us on the schedule know they're in for a battle, Steelers have never been a "walk over" team.

Well, outside of that 2003 season, your right!

Edman
09-05-2007, 02:57 AM
I think the good preseason has improved expectations.

Let's face it, the Steelers are barely "under the radar". Even last year, pundits were still saying the Steelers weren't a team to fall asleep on.

Galax Steeler
09-05-2007, 03:51 AM
WOW, I thought they all had their heads up their behinds. I guess they don't.

Seems like everyday someone else is picking us to do good.:tt02:

bizob2828
09-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Glad to see this as well. Living in Baltimore you see all the idiot local writers picking the steelers performing at the same level as last year at 8-8 and the Ravens at 12-4. I don't know how they get away with it since their leader is a geriatric in McNair. But here's to another, hopefully less stressful than last year, season. It's a start of a new era and I 100% confidence that the Rooney's knew what they were doing when selecting Tomlin over Grimm and Wisenhut.

rog
09-05-2007, 11:28 AM
Though it is nice to hear people say they tink the Steelers will do well and make the playoffs I would rather them pick against us.

Steelman16
09-05-2007, 11:41 AM
Yeah, seems like we do better when we're the underdogs. We can handle the hype if everyone stays grounded and focused. If we win a bunch of games early and everyones' ego's start rising too high, that's where the trouble starts.

WisconsinSteelerMan
09-05-2007, 04:53 PM
I really think that the team has come together under Coach Tomlin and is on his bandwagon now. There are some holes (o-line scares me) that need to be filled, but I think overall, we have a great shot to bring home the bacon...

Let's get it started already!

Mike in La Crosse, WI

SteelerFanInCA
09-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Wow, that's the first person I've seen picking us to win the division. Actually I believe Merril Hoge picked us as well.

steelpride12
09-05-2007, 09:25 PM
Wow someone actually agree and being on the steeler side of things that is pretty amazing i love you CBS sports!

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-06-2007, 04:15 AM
Some of the ESPN guys were predicting that Pittsburgh will win more games than last year and make the playoffs ...and then turned around and predicted the Bengals to win 7 games or less.

I was so touched...I cried