PDA

View Full Version : The Browns ARE going to beat the Steelers !!!

UK CANDY BEE
09-05-2007, 04:07 AM
How do I know ??

I don't.......... none of us really know one way or the other........but the better question is .......

Why do I believe it ??

That......is a question I can answer !!

1. These Browns don't let opposing defenses run rampant in their backfield. After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, the Browns have finally addressed the offensive line problems in a sound fashion. The results will be immediately obvious on Sunday !!

2. The Steeler LB corps is not as formidable without Porter unless Harrison steps up and shows better than his handful of NFL starts, and depth is a concern with a group of mostly untested backups. However, Woodley could be a real gem, but probably not just yet.

3. Cleveland's secondary is now much better equipped to slow down just about any air attack short of Peyton Manning & the Colts. Leigh Bodden and Eric Wright are among the best CB tandems in the league.

4. This time, it will be the Browns LB corps that will be hunting and bagging QB sacks. Between Kamerion Wimblley and Antwan Peek, Roethlisberger won't know which way from whence his doom cometh, because the answer is BOTH !!

Basically, this is not the same old Browns !!!

These Browns are obviously considerably better...........

....... without Cowher and Whisenhunt and Porter, it is very difficult to see how the Steelers are not noticeably worse off than last season.

Indy_Steelers
09-05-2007, 04:50 AM
So you think this will be one of their 4 wins?:sofunny:

Galax Steeler
09-05-2007, 04:58 AM
No this won't be one of there 3 wins.

Steel Pit
09-05-2007, 05:40 AM
Steelers 31 Browns 6 :wave:

Aussie_steeler
09-05-2007, 05:55 AM
The Browns would want to be better. 0 - 6 in your division is not good in anyones book.

Looking forward to a good game to open up the season.

The Duke
09-05-2007, 07:35 AM
I like your enthusiasm UK CANDY BEE, it will be a close game no doubt, the browns have improved, but at the end of the day the browns always find a way to screw themselves up and the steelers are glad to help in their screw up.

HometownGal
09-05-2007, 07:45 AM
....... without Cowher and Whisenhunt and Porter, it is very difficult to see how the Steelers are not noticeably worse off than last season.

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Did you wipe your hiney with your glasses again? :poop:

We'll see you on Sunday evening with your cyber tail between your legs. :toofunny:

Good luck and remember - I told you so. :wink02:

stlrtruck
09-05-2007, 08:30 AM
How do I know ??

I don't.......... none of us really know one way or the other........but the better question is .......

Why do I believe it ??

1. These Browns don't let opposing defenses run rampant in their backfield. After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, the Browns have finally addressed the offensive line problems in a sound fashion. The results will be immediately obvious on Sunday !!

2. The Steeler LB corps is not as formidable without Porter unless Harrison steps up and shows better than his handful of NFL starts, and depth is a concern with a group of mostly untested backups. However, Woodley could be a real gem, but probably not just yet.

3. Cleveland's secondary is now much better equipped to slow down just about any air attack short of Peyton Manning & the Colts. Leigh Bodden and Eric Wright are among the best CB tandems in the league.

4. This time, it will be the Browns LB corps that will be hunting and bagging QB sacks. Between Kamerion Wimblley and Antwan Peek, Roethlisberger won't know which way from whence his doom cometh, because the answer is BOTH !!

While it may not be the same old Browns, they are still the browns none the less. While I admire your faith in a team that has been more disappointing than Pittsburgh's NBA Team to honestly believe that a few changes in our staff and one LB flocking to another team is going to give your team some kind of advantage one must have forgotten the key LBs we've lost in the past only to find that one waiting in the wings to prove that they are Steelers material. While it is not only our LBs that Frye or Quinn must look out for when dropping back to pass, they must also worry about where is Taz? Is Anthony on the field too? Am I going to lead my WR into a slobber knocker? And at the same time wonder, how close is Casey Hampton?

But remember this - at least you didn't have 10 players arrested in the past year!!!!

stlrtruck
09-05-2007, 08:31 AM
I it will be a close game no doubt

It will be a close game up until kickoff!!! :toofunny:

X-Terminator
09-05-2007, 08:31 AM
:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Did you wipe your hiney with your glasses again? :poop:

We'll see you on Sunday evening with your cyber tail between your legs. :toofunny:

Good luck and remember - I told you so. :wink02:

You know, he was OK up until he said that. Dude needs to seriously quit listening to "media experts" who think the Steelers just can't win without Cowher, et. al.

The Browns can bring their A game, and it still won't be enough to beat the Steelers. So sorry UK! :tt02:

Stronger'nSteel
09-05-2007, 10:37 AM
I like your enthusiasm UK CANDY BEE, it will be a close game no doubt, the browns have improved, but at the end of the day the browns always find a way to screw themselves up and the steelers are glad to help in their screw up.

Exactly!

Was perusing the Internet this morning and ran across this post by some guy who obviously has superior football knowledge (at least in predicting the outcome of this game).

I think it's clear that the Steelers are a more talented team than the Browns, but this game has already been decided based on the Steelers' talent off the field (coaching), which leads to better fundamentals, regardless of physical ability.

Can't wait to see which mistakes the Browns decide to make in this game. :wink02:

Edit: Can't post links with a low post count, but it came from a staff writer at TheFanPit.

rog
09-05-2007, 10:51 AM
People use the "new coach" arguement because it's easier than coming up with their own valid reason they think the Steelers will strugle. Truth is It looks to me that tomlin replacing Cowher might be one of their bigger strengths. Now don't get me wrong I'm not bashing Cowher but what I'm saying is that Tomlins decision to get a little younger by keeping guys like Gay,Davis and Russell has reenergized this team. Not to mention the tougher training camp. IMO Tomlin has done everything right so far and I don't see him being a weakness.

fansince'76
09-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Yeah, right. :yawn: :coffee:

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-05-2007, 01:47 PM
UK CANDY BEE;288117]How do I know ??

Why do I believe it ??

Really?..please fill us with your wisdom.

1. These Browns don't let opposing defenses run rampant in their backfield.

Last years ranking for the Browns backfield?
Total: 31st
Yards per game: 30th
Average yards per carry: 29th
Rushing TD's : 28th
Fumbles: 7th

The results will be immediately obvious on Sunday !!

Agreed. Nothing can be funner than watching a Rookie adjust to the NFL at one of the most important positions on the O-line. Thomas may be very good someday...but dont look for him to slide in without growing pains....and NOTHING is written in stone.
Two words for you: Robert Gallery.

Good points on depth, but Harrison has been SOLID in his NFL starts...and you may want to apply the same comparison about rookies in Pittsburgh to Rookies in Cleveland...ie: Thomas...(much rather have a backup rookie at LB that a starting rookie at LT:dang:)

Wow...Wright has already been deemed worthy of stopping Marvin Harrison!!!... Listen junior...unless Wright can someone slip one of those 121 ecstacy pills he got caught with, into Marvins O.J. before the game....he will be getting his "welcome to the NFL" moment when picking up his jock of the 20 yard line as Marvin hands the Ref another TD ball.

Uh...yea...Too bad its not closer to halloween 'cause your 21st ranked defense is spooky!

yep, but like my grandma used to say..."you can call it a turd..but it still smells like Sh*t."

.......than the Lions?....the Raiders?

I always forget that Cowher and Whiz would dress up every game and do that hitch pass play that helped us get to so many playoffs....DANG!! ...should have addressed that in the draft!!!

be serious....if you think that the Browns are contenders based on two rookies and a 21st ranked defense....I can supply you with the website address of a couple of equally warped Bengal Fans sites

Pittsburghfan
09-05-2007, 03:24 PM
I've heard it all before:coffee::blah:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-05-2007, 04:50 PM
you talk about the browns but you do not seem too sure.
let me reasure you......The Browns Suck

stillers4me
09-05-2007, 07:42 PM
So....where'deego???????????

ShutDown24
09-05-2007, 07:54 PM
What a joke....

MACH1
09-05-2007, 08:09 PM
Just another scrimmage. Good practice for the Steelers.

We start the season with :sign03:

revefsreleets
09-05-2007, 08:15 PM
If you like his commentary so far, wait until you hear Buckeye Dan "school" you on how to play QB in the NFL.

steelpride12
09-05-2007, 10:15 PM
i agree the browns will be much better and to tell u the truth i am nervous, but i know we will pull through and win this one. sorry steelers 24 browns10

billybob
09-05-2007, 10:27 PM
you have got to be kidding me.match up all the weapons the steelers have vs. the browns.thier best defense will be throwing batteries.davenport is gonna light them up with screens.watch the game and then you can be silenced.

TommyG
09-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Browns will not have a shot until they put Quinn behind the center....then they have the chance to suck even more.

MasterOfPuppets
09-05-2007, 11:23 PM
and there goes part of that fearsome secondary....:toofunny:

Browns Cornerback Leigh Bodden Arrested

Last Edited: Wednesday, 05 Sep 2007, 9:02 PM EDT
Created: Wednesday, 05 Sep 2007, 8:48 PM EDT

Links
Cleveland Police Department

Breaking News into the Fox 8 Newsroom...

Cleveland Police tell Fox 8 News Cleveland Browns cornerback Leigh Bodden has been arrested outside of Cleveland Hopkins Airport.

http://www.myfoxcleveland.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=4274030&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Steelers#1
09-05-2007, 11:24 PM
Are you serious...I think the Browns at least owe the Dolphins a reach around for Queefer...I mean Quinn. I hope he starts against the Steelers...RIFP.

UK CANDY BEE
09-06-2007, 03:06 AM
I have no idea why this thread was moved to the Blast Furnace .....

Anyone who thinks my opening post in this thread was smack obviously doesn't have a clue what smack really is !!

I even got some agreement with certain portions of my comments, when is the last time you saw someone concur with smack ??

If it was in the wrong forum, then I am afraid I must plead innocent, I asked a couple people to tell me exactly which forum you guys talk about the next game, but no one was forthcoming with that information.

Didn't know it was a classified area, or that I needed to learn the secret handshake.

I truly never even intended to bother with this forum.........unless you folks really want it that way ............do you ??

At least this time, there is a claim to stake, that being my claim that the Browns will win. Last time I never made that claim, so on Sunday afternoon you had better lock me out, because when the Browns win.........I'll be coming for YOU ALL !!!!

Preacher
09-06-2007, 03:14 AM
Relax...

As I was reading through the responses... I was wondering when it would be moved into the blast furnace.... Then I realized it was.

No, Browns won't win. Not yet. I think you have another year for that. But it is coming. You all are getting better.

UK CANDY BEE
09-06-2007, 03:22 AM
You all are getting better.

Thanks for the honesty.

........however, I think you may be more than a little bit surprised by just how much better the Browns are getting !!

Browns..........23
Steelers.........16

fansince'76
09-06-2007, 10:44 AM
I have no idea why this thread was moved to the Blast Furnace .....

How about the proclamation of "The Browns ARE going to beat the Steelers" on a Steelers board for starters? Where would it wind up in a Browns forum if I were to start a thread saying "the Steelers WILL win their 8th straight against the Browns?"

MACH1
09-06-2007, 10:48 AM
How about the proclamation of "The Browns ARE going to beat the Steelers" on a Steelers board for starters? Where would it wind up in a Browns forum if I were to start a thread saying "the Steelers WILL win their 8th straight against the Browns?"

Or another sweep for the Steelers this year against the browns.

rog
09-06-2007, 10:49 AM
UK CANDY BEE, If your wrong can we count on you still logging on?

CB1977
09-06-2007, 02:15 PM
Hey rog, of course he'll still be logging on!!! Why wouldn't he?? You act as though the Browns are going to lose.

I see it this way: close game
Brownies 13
Steelers 10

UK CANDY BEE
09-06-2007, 02:15 PM
Both of those would probably be in whatever forum where you all discuss the next game (still don't know exactly where that is), seeing as how around here those 2 comments are considered common remarks as well as downright statements of fact.

........and yeah, I will definitely return, but after the Browns win on Sunday, I suggest one of your admins run to their computer and ban me...........because Hurricane Katrina was downright tame compared to what I am gonna bring !!

rbryan
09-06-2007, 02:34 PM
You won't be back Candy Boy. No need to ban a little turd like you. Now run along, your buddies on the Browns board need you and your wishfull thinking more than ever.

MACH1
09-06-2007, 02:35 PM
http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40

Try this one on game day.

P.S.
Bring your box of Kleenex.

fansince'76
09-06-2007, 02:43 PM
Both of those would probably be in whatever forum where you all discuss the next game (still don't know exactly where that is), seeing as how around here those 2 comments are considered common remarks as well as downright statements of fact.

Here're a couple of facts for you to chew on: the Steelers have won 12 out of the last 13 against the Browns, and have won the last 7 straight dating back to 2003 (and 5 of those being wins by double-digit margins). Our confidence in winning on Sunday is pretty well-founded. Yours is delusional. And I don't see any threads in any other forums proclaiming the Steelers will beat the Browns on Sunday - if I did, I would have moved them here, out of respect for j-dawg if nothing else.

StinkyB
09-06-2007, 03:08 PM

Well, if the past is any indication not only do the Steelers run rampant in the Browns backfield tackling Cleveland running backs, but we've been known to slam a few fans.

So you'd rather face younger, faster and meaner than a name?

Can Bodden cover a post pattern in handcuffs?

can you say MUUUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH next time? It would make that sentence so much more foreboding.

New Browns will go over like New Coke.

Worse off or not, it is a safe bed that Vegas would have even odds on The Browns playing the Rutgers swim team.

CB1977
09-06-2007, 03:47 PM
Here're a couple of facts for you to chew on: the Steelers have won 12 out of the last 13 against the Browns, and have won the last 7 straight dating back to 2003 (and 5 of those being wins by double-digit margins). Our confidence in winning on Sunday is pretty well-founded. Yours is delusional. And I don't see any threads in any other forums proclaiming the Steelers will beat the Browns on Sunday - if I did, I would have moved them here, out of respect for j-dawg if nothing else.

The past is the past.

This is our future. The Browns will win this Sunday. Period.:cheers:

fansince'76
09-06-2007, 03:50 PM
The past is the past.

This is our future. The Browns will win this Sunday. Period.:cheers:

4 years and counting now....:blah:

CB1977
09-06-2007, 03:53 PM
Talk to ya on Sunday night, ok?

fansince'76
09-06-2007, 03:53 PM
I'll be here.

StinkyB
09-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Talk to ya on Sunday night, ok?

Cleveland is the fake Pittsburgh...down to the "Panini" sandwich.

MACH1
09-06-2007, 04:16 PM
Cleveland is the fake Pittsburgh...down to the "Panini" sandwich.

Not fakes, just WANNA BE'S.

Stlrs4Life
09-06-2007, 05:10 PM
:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:, these Shit Stain Fans are hilarious! They puill out the old can't win with out Cowher smack. Just because they suck every time they get a new coach they think it happens to every team!

TroysBadDawg
09-06-2007, 07:22 PM
Why is it you want to live in the past? we did this to the BRown and we did that to the Browns. We have this many Super Bowl Rings, Super bowl is nothing more than a glorified Chmpionship with more glamor and glitz for marketing sake.

Than was then, now is coming like a freight train, lets see what happens on Sunday then talk about it, ok?

tony hipchest
09-06-2007, 08:51 PM

........and yeah, I will definitely return, but after the Browns win on Sunday, I suggest one of your admins run to their computer and ban me...........because Hurricane Katrina was downright tame compared to what I am gonna bring !!:yawn: still begging for a ban huh? ive heard this story before.

the dawg is all bark and no bite. the last time we were threatened with such an onslaught of fury, the steelers wiped the browns up and down the field to the tune of a 41-0 asswhoopin. after that, they wiped up in the playoffs too. and the eagerly anticipated "hurricane" was no more than just a little tittie twister...

"tune in, Tokyo" :sofunny:

MACH1
09-06-2007, 09:46 PM
The only thing the clowns will be beating is....:jerkit:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
09-06-2007, 10:06 PM
<<2. The Steeler LB corps is not as formidable without Porter unless Harrison steps up and shows better than his handful of NFL starts, and depth is a concern with a group of mostly untested backups. >>

Don't worry yourself with regards to Harrison he will be just fine just so long as he doesn't have to worry about dealing with those pesky clowns fans running onto the field. :cheer:

rbryan
09-06-2007, 10:21 PM
Why is it you want to live in the past? we did this to the BRown and we did that to the Browns. We have this many Super Bowl Rings, Super bowl is nothing more than a glorified Chmpionship with more glamor and glitz for marketing sake.

Than was then, now is coming like a freight train, lets see what happens on Sunday then talk about it, ok?

I don't blame you. I wouldn't want to talk about the past either. Problem is we've heard about this train coming every year since the Stains got back in the league. Why don't you wait till the train gets here before you start talking smack.

Oh wait, then we'd never get to hear from a little turd like you. I'll make you a promise. If the tide ever turns to the point where the Brownies beat us 12 out of 13, I won't come on your board and talk trash either.

TroysBadDawg
09-07-2007, 03:54 AM
you can come on our board any time you want, we welcome any true fan of football. it is th bandwagon fans that seam to upset some people.

SteelCityMan786
09-07-2007, 07:15 AM
Not fakes, just WANNA BE'S.

That town if full of them.

TroysBadDawg
09-07-2007, 11:34 AM
The one thing I have noticed one this board is no matter what you post about the Browns, it ends up in the Blast furnace if certain mods have their way. Then they say "I saw where it was going" I'm glad the crystal ball is working, how about picking some winning lottery numbers for me and we can both have box seats.
Or "If you would have worded it this way or that" simple wording that is childish, nit picking looking for a confrontation.
That is not what we cane here for, but it is what you appears to be demanding of us. You want us to lower our standards to meet your expectations. Well I refuse to do so, so after Sunday we shall see what we shall see. I was banned as soon as I registered, because my son registered using my nametag from another site. WE use the same computer. Did I get an email asking why? NO! I even Changed the Email address did I get and explanation. No Not until I sent a message to you Webmaster did he correct it. Since then your Supermod has been on my case. So if you or she wants to ban me again go ahead it is your MO. You simply do not like Browns fans no matter who they are. We are all evil in your eyes and your estimation.
For this I am sorry.

WAY TO BROWNIES WAY TO GO WOOF WOOF

GO BROWNS

At least I can still cheer for my own team, or am I not allowed to that either.

UK CANDY BEE
09-07-2007, 02:26 PM
You Stooler folks really need to make up your bloody minds !!

You all cry "that's the past, and it doesn't mean anything" when a Browns fan speaks of Championships and dominance from days gone by, but then you all turn around and spout off about how the more recent past has some great power over the outcome of the next contest !!

Makes zero sense !!

Reminds me of the media idiots, who just babble the same crap basically saying teams who were good last year will be good this yeal, and similar foolishness.

Every year, there are teams that rise up and surprise us all.........or well, many of us !!

The past is just that......THE PAST !!

.......and has no bearing whatsoever on this Sunday's game.

Oh, and rbryan........ you obviously weren't around during my last foray in these forums !!

I'll certainly be back.........only this time, I'll be having MUCH MORE FUN !!

MACH 1.......... That looks like one of those ingame fourms/threads......... I hate those....... too distracting............ can't enjoy the game if I am constantly trying to make comments online about it.

.......and I plan to enjoy this Sunday's game IMMENSELY !!

fansince'76
09-07-2007, 03:22 PM
The one thing I have noticed one this board is no matter what you post about the Browns, it ends up in the Blast furnace if certain mods have their way. Then they say "I saw where it was going" I'm glad the crystal ball is working, how about picking some winning lottery numbers for me and we can both have box seats.
Or "If you would have worded it this way or that" simple wording that is childish, nit picking looking for a confrontation.
That is not what we cane here for, but it is what you appears to be demanding of us. You want us to lower our standards to meet your expectations. Well I refuse to do so, so after Sunday we shall see what we shall see. I was banned as soon as I registered, because my son registered using my nametag from another site. WE use the same computer. Did I get an email asking why? NO! I even Changed the Email address did I get and explanation. No Not until I sent a message to you Webmaster did he correct it. Since then your Supermod has been on my case. So if you or she wants to ban me again go ahead it is your MO. You simply do not like Browns fans no matter who they are. We are all evil in your eyes and your estimation.
For this I am sorry.

GO BROWNS

For the last time, stop calling out mods or you'll be shown the door. A mod made a decision about a thread you started. Can't deal with it? Then leave. But stop bitching about it in multiple threads.

MACH1
09-07-2007, 03:25 PM
http://www.eacustomcovers.com/_misc/dumbass.png :sofunny:

rbryan
09-07-2007, 03:38 PM
Whats the deal with all these trolls from the UK?? I promise, we'll give you Mr Spice back if you go away and stop pretending to be a REAL football fan.

As far as you Candy Azz, I could care less whether you come back or not. I guess we'll see if you're a man of your word. I'll be here. If by some miracle the Brownies win, I'll be the first to tip my hat to the real Browns fans. I'm not sure you qualify though.

CB1977
09-07-2007, 03:55 PM
Who's from the UK??

rbryan
09-07-2007, 03:59 PM
3 posts up, UK Candy Bee (what kind of name is that BTW??). Then theres our resident Patsie Pusher, LITP.

My bad, theres really only two. lol

CB1977
09-07-2007, 04:01 PM
Candy is from Nashville...aren't you Candy?

HometownGal
09-07-2007, 04:21 PM
For this I am sorry.

GO BROWNS

Would you like your pity party now or later? You bring the hats and I'll bring the beer - how's dat? How dare you accuse me of trying to look for a confrontation when I did nothing of the sort. That was blatantly unfair and I resent it.

You were not banned - your son was because as has been explained to you and is contained in our board COC, which you obviously failed to read - multiple user accounts are not permitted here unless you have prior approval from the Admin or a Mod. While we're on the subject - why in the bloody blue hell would you want your 12 year old son, who is obviously also a Browns fan, posting on a STEELERS message board? :jawdrop: I also sent you a PM to your original account explaining why the second user name was banned and explaining why. Be sure to have your ducks in a row before you call me out for just doing my job.

The Introductions forum is simply for that - an introduction to the other members of the board. YOU took it upon yourself to start the smack talk in that forum and again, doing my job, I moved it to the BF. You seem to be developing a habit of telling half-truths.

As far as your ridiculous statement . . . "you don't like Browns fans" - ask jdawg how I have treated him since he became a member here. He's a diehard Browns fan and he can tell you point blank that I have actually stuck up for Browns fans several times. I have absolutely NO problem with fans of other teams - I have a problem with fans of other teams who feel they should get special consideration in enemy territory and have their ass kissed. Sorry pal - you aren't going to get that from me or anyone else here. If you want treated with respect - you have to GIVE respect. Thus far, I haven't seen you giving respect to anyone.

P.S. Here is a link to our board COC. I suggest you read it before pointing fingers at anyone else. I didn't craft the COC - I just enforce it as a Mod is expected to do. Pay close attention to Rule #'s 8 and 9.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=354

Jman
09-07-2007, 04:34 PM
OWNED.

revefsreleets
09-07-2007, 05:58 PM
UK CANDY BEE is an anagram for Buckeye Dan. He's been around a lot of other boards, and he is a big Buckeye fan (that's the ONLY thing I can't fault him for).

Anyway, concerning the Steelers using the past as a measuring stick for the future, when you are a perennial winner there is nothing wrong with referring to recent trends. Same goes for being a perennial loser. I'm sure there's no need to clarify which is which when it comes to the Browns and the Steelers.

I think the Browns are greatly improved since the 41-0 drubbing. They will play much more competitively against a Steelers team that is every bit as good as the team that won that game. I'd say the Browns are 20 points better. So I'm going with Steelers 31 Browns 10.

UK CANDY BEE
09-08-2007, 03:59 AM
OMG !! :jawdrop:

Now I know you're smoking crack !!

The 2007 version of the Pissburgh Stoolers "is every bit as good as the team"..........from the 05 season that got on a roll and went from wild card playoff qualifier to a .........cough, cough....gag, gag Super Bowl win ......ack, PTOOEY !!!!

..........geez, and to think some folks think I am nuts to believe the Browns will win this Sunday !!

......... you need to be fitted for a strait jacket !!

:screwy:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z192/BuckeyeDan/BigRevolvingBrownsHelmet.gif

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-08-2007, 04:47 AM
:banging:
The best part about the game being 24 hours away is that the Browns trolls will crawl back into their holes and lick their wounds after the game... the worst part is that we have to listen to the same drivel by Bills fans who will overhype their team.:coffee:

....just part of the whole "class envy" thing.

TroysBadDawg
09-08-2007, 05:19 AM
Who is going to crawl back into their hole? now if you want us to leave after the game just say so.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-08-2007, 06:15 AM
Who is going to crawl back into their hole? now if you want us to leave after the game just say so.

Naw ....stick aroung...in between your Steelers hating....I see a good deal of football knowledge

HometownGal
09-08-2007, 08:07 AM

The 2007 version of the Pissburgh Stoolers "is every bit as good as the team"..........from the 05 season that got on a roll and went from wild card playoff qualifier to a .........cough, cough....gag, gag Super Bowl win ......ack, PTOOEY !!!!

..........geez, and to think some folks think I am nuts to believe the Browns will win this Sunday !!

......... you need to be fitted for a strait jacket !!

:screwy:

Well hey - at least we have a "cough* *cough* *cough* Super Bowl win.....or two....or three.....or four.....or five to talk about, unlike the Browns who wither away in the AFCN basement every season. :toofunny::flap:

TroysBadDawg
09-08-2007, 08:29 AM
You right there and I won't argue that point now. I will discuss it after Sunday if you like. Because I have some very strong veiws about it, and they may get even some Browns fans upset. But besides that, I am supposed to be dissing you. So our coach will out eat your coach.... there take that.

TroysBadDawg
09-08-2007, 01:07 PM
Hey X-Term. it is in your own paper written by Gerry Dulac (I tried to link the page but I wasn't allowed to)
Tough start

Coach Mike Tomlin has a daunting task in his first game in Cleveland, if history is any indication.

Since the Browns joined the NFL in 1950, no Steelers coach has won his first game in Cleveland. The list includes John Michelosen (1950), Joe Bach (1952), Walt Kiesling (1954), Buddy Parker (1957), Mike Nixon (1965), Bill Austin (1966), Chuck Noll (1969) and Bill Cowher (1992).

This is a game I am hope where history repeats itself. sorry.... heh heh heh not really

WAY TO GO BROWNIES WAY TO GO WOOF WOOF

GO BROWNS

MACH1
09-08-2007, 01:16 PM
Heres a little history for ya.

First off Big Ben is 5-0 against the "STAINS"

We have won 7 in a row and the last 12 out of 13

We are tied with atlanta with 4 on opening season win's

Newzfoxjr
09-08-2007, 02:13 PM
Ben's 5-0 against the Browns. He even beat them last year, with his league leading 23 interceptions. And he has every reason to be better and more explosive this year.

So....lol to your theory.

TroysBadDawg
09-08-2007, 02:16 PM
And your point is? Look at history, it repeats itself. That is why people bury their collective heads in the sand when it is pointed out to them. Look at this country now, look at what happened in Nam, the Dems cut and ran, then blamed the Republicans with the help of the liberal press. They are doing it again with what is going on now. You want to do the same thing here. Look at history, and don't run from it, do something about it. Forfeit tomorrow, wait that won't change it will it. Well ... that scraps that idea. Well lets hope for a good game anyway. and you will just score less points, with Rosin Rothin your QB calling all the shots, when he doesn't even know to wear a motor cycle helmet and have a license to ride one. AS the Browns fans yell "Cry Havoc, and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar"
WAY TO GO BROWNIES WAY TO GO WOOF WOOF

GO BROWNS

revefsreleets
09-08-2007, 04:43 PM

Good point. Considering that our QB will almost certainly be recognizing his full potential this year, our team speed has improved, our ST's will be a lot better, and we've found a RT to bench our SB winning RT, we may, in fact, be a better team than we were in 2005. Thanks for pointing that out.

UK CANDY BEE
09-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Good point. Considering that our QB will almost certainly be recognizing his full potential this year, our team speed has improved, our ST's will be a lot better, and we've found a RT to bench our SB winning RT, we may, in fact, be a better team than we were in 2005. Thanks for pointing that out.

PUT DOWN THE PIPE..........STEP AWAY FROM THE PIPE !!!

It's just not worth it dude !!

Crack kills !!

"full potential" ?? Oh, so last season's joke of an effort you write off as post motorcycle accident syndrome ??

You have absolutely NOTHING to base your assumption of Pig Pen's improvement upon !!

......and your "team speed has improved" ?? What ?? Have you been out there comparing 40 yd dash times against last year's numbers ?? NO, you have simply been listening to some Pissburgh WONK who had no credible piece of writing to submit...... and you bought it !!

Keep that yellow hanky you all love so much handy !!

...........you're gonna need it to soak up your tears, or to wipe you backsides when Cleveland surprises the **** out of you !!

revefsreleets
09-08-2007, 05:00 PM
24 hours from now until all this nonsense starts to dim down. But have your delusional fun while you can. I'm not going to let things like facts and recent history and statistics and reality detract from your last few hours of hope.

UK CANDY BEE
09-08-2007, 05:09 PM
24 hours from now until all this nonsense starts to dim down. But have your delusional fun while you can. I'm not going to let things like facts and recent history and statistics and reality detract from your last few hours of hope.

Actually.......... all you have is "recent history" !!

You have no "facts" that would show anything resembling Stooler superiority.

..... you can make "statistics" say pretty much whatever you want them to say !!

So enjoy crowing about recent history................until tomorrow afternoon, that is, when the Browns make that Pissburgh winning streak HISTORY !!

HometownGal
09-08-2007, 05:14 PM
And your point is? Look at history, it repeats itself. That is why people bury their collective heads in the sand when it is pointed out to them.

Yep - it sure does. :tt02::tt02: :flap::toofunny: You may as well assume the position now, TBD. :wink02: :banana:

2003 November 23 Steelers 13-6 Cleveland Browns Stadium

2004 October 10 Steelers 34-23 Heinz Field
November 14 Steelers 24-10 Cleveland Browns Stadium

2005 November 13 Steelers 34-21 Heinz Field
December 24 Steelers 41-0 Cleveland Browns Stadium

2006 November 19 Steelers 24-20 Cleveland Browns Stadium
December 7 Steelers 27-7 Heinz Field

HometownGal
09-08-2007, 05:19 PM

..... you can make "statistics" say pretty much whatever you want them to say !!

So enjoy crowing about recent history................until tomorrow afternoon, that is, when the Browns make that Pissburgh winning streak HISTORY !!

Ummm - I think YOU had better put down that pipe, UK. :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Browns-Steelers_rivalry

In a 16 year span (1990 - 2006), the Steelers' record against the Clowns is.......are you ready......

Are you sure?

Positive?

23-7.

How's that for superiority? :point::rofl:

UK CANDY BEE
09-08-2007, 05:20 PM
tick tock...........tick tock............tick tock..........

Time is running out on the Stooler love fest and circle jerk......

tick tock........tick tock..........tick tock.......

You Piss & Black clad folks simply had to know it would end at some point, didn't you ??

tick tock.......tick tock.........tick tock.........

Ya just weren't ready for it to end on September 9th, 2007........... were ya ???

tick tock........ tick tock.........tick tock..........

The Duke
09-08-2007, 05:22 PM
4th season sweep of the brownies coming up!!

HometownGal
09-08-2007, 05:24 PM
tick tock...........tick tock............tick tock..........

Time is running out on the Stooler love fest and circle jerk......

tick tock........tick tock..........tick tock.......

You Piss & Black clad folks simply had to know it would end at some point, didn't you ??

tick tock.......tick tock.........tick tock.........

Ya just weren't ready for it to end on September 9th, 2007........... were ya ???

tick tock........ tick tock.........tick tock..........

You just made me play the ace card, didn't ya UK?

Wanna actually see superiority?

http://altmire.house.gov/images/gallery/jaAndRooney_opt.jpg

Count those pretty trophies in that pretty case.

ONE,

TWO,

THREE,

FOUR,

FIVE.
:toofunny::toofunny:

UK CANDY BEE
09-08-2007, 05:38 PM
Sorry, but I don't see a single thing there that even begins to equate to superiority IN TOMORROW'S GAME !!!!

Which is the only one which matters at the moment !!

.......and is the implied topic of "The Browns ARE Going to beat the Steelers" !!!

Hmmm..........oh, I think maybe I am beginning to understand.............

All the Stooler players rub one hand on those trophies, and rub themselves with the other hand, and by osmosis, they become SUPER STOOLERS !!

...........is that how it works ??

Because if it isn't, then those gleaming silver pieces don't mean JACK, and they WON'T SAVE YOU TOMORROW !!

tick tock............tick tock.................tick tock..............

revefsreleets
09-08-2007, 05:42 PM
I just don't understand why all the optimism. The Browns are slightly improved, and the Steelers completely underachieved. My guess is that the Browns fans just don't know much about this Steelers team. Either way, this is getting boring.

Steelers 31
Browns 10

UK CANDY BEE
09-08-2007, 05:52 PM
I just don't understand why all the optimism. The Browns are slightly improved, and the Steelers completely underachieved. My guess is that the Browns fans just don't know much about this Steelers team. Either way, this is getting boring.

That's the first comment you have made that I can buy !!

........and it is the MAIN difference between Browns fans and Steeler (see.......I didn't say "Stooler" this time !!) fans !!

Browns fans understand they need to be optimistic because we know that our team has, at times (more times that we care to recall), been not too hot ( to say the least). We know that eventually, the problems will be attended to, (but Lord,it has taken forever to get a simple O line fixed !!) and we will get better.

Steeler (there......I did it again) fans seem to NEVER believe their team is ever any less talented and capable than the ones who have done well. They simply "underachieved", which by some miracle couldn't possibly happen again !!

I have news for you !!

Sometimes, the Steelers (again) SUCK, TOO !!

.........and whether they truly suck this year, or simply "underachieve" :rolleyes: again, remains to be seen for this season.......

.....however, tomorrow is not going to be a good day for them !!

HometownGal
09-08-2007, 05:53 PM
Sorry, but I don't see a single thing there that even begins to equate to superiority IN TOMORROW'S GAME !!!!

Which is the only one which matters at the moment !!

.......and is the implied topic of "The Browns ARE Going to beat the Steelers" !!!

Hmmm..........oh, I think maybe I am beginning to understand.............

All the Stooler players rub one hand on those trophies, and rub themselves with the other hand, and by osmosis, they become SUPER STOOLERS !!

...........is that how it works ??

Because if it isn't, then those gleaming silver pieces don't mean JACK, and they WON'T SAVE YOU TOMORROW !!

tick tock............tick tock.................tick tock..............

Green is just not a purty color on you UK. :toofunny:

At least our guys have something that they EARNED to rub their hand on, unlike the Browns who rub their hineys on their sofas every January 1st . :rofl::rofl:

UK CANDY BEE
09-08-2007, 05:58 PM
the Browns who rub their hineys on their sofas every January 1st . :rofl::rofl:

Well.......... I can't speak for the team...........but I find my sofa to be VERY comfy............. got no inclination to rub on it........... but that IS where I plan to watch the Browns beat your Stoolers tomorrow !!!

:jammin:

This is great fun.........but I have take BuckeyeDeb to the store........she seems to never know the way unless I drive !!

Be back later to harrass you all some more...........

.......... just didn't want any of you to think you scared me away !! :cool:

HometownGal
09-08-2007, 06:02 PM
Well.......... I can't speak for the team...........but I find my sofa to be VERY comfy............. got no inclination to rub on it........... but that IS where I plan to watch the Browns beat your Stoolers tomorrow !!!

:jammin:

This is great fun.........but I have take BuckeyeDeb to the store........she seems to never know the way unless I drive !!

.......... just didn't want any of you to think you scared me away !! :cool:

That's great UK! It will be nice and comfy for you to bury your head in after the Browns get their asses whooped tomorrow afternoon. Not to mention how comfy it will be (as usual) come January 1st. :banana::banana:

Poor Deb - that woman deserves a medal. :wink02::flap:

srk173
09-08-2007, 06:02 PM
Great job buckeyes you beat Akron 20-2. Maybe if you pray really hard the steelers will only beat the brownies 20-2

MasterOfPuppets
09-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Green is just not a purty color on you UK. :toofunny:

At least our guys have something that they EARNED to rub their hand on, unlike the Browns who rub their hineys on their sofas every January 1st . :rofl::rofl:
lets not forget thier college friends ....

http://http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/880/hahaua2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

UK CANDY BEE
09-08-2007, 11:45 PM
Oh......... let's not go there, eh ??

Especially after one of your own fellow Piss & Black clad folks made the comment that he was "a beer queer" in another thread !!

So ......... as long as you don't make another lame attempt at the asinine gay angle, I won't ask when Hines Ward is scheduled for his sex change operation.

Because as good a WR as he certainly is, he is about two more tears away from being a woman !!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z192/BuckeyeDan/WhinesHard.jpg

stlrtruck
09-09-2007, 12:22 AM
because when the Browns win.........I'll be coming for YOU ALL !!!!

Ok so when my daughter is old enough to have graduated college, get married, give me grand children, whom will be old enough to give me great grand children - I'll expect to see you back in here, COMING AFTER ME :toofunny: . Until then, enjoy your time here, learn about football, heck every once in awhile grace us with one of your posts so that we'll have something to laugh at in the middle of the work week.

And two more things:
:sign01: :sign03:

stlrtruck
09-09-2007, 12:33 AM
You Stooler folks really need to make up your bloody minds !!

You all cry "that's the past, and it doesn't mean anything" when a Browns fan speaks of Championships and dominance from days gone by, but then you all turn around and spout off about how the more recent past has some great power over the outcome of the next contest !!

Makes zero sense !!

Reminds me of the media idiots, who just babble the same crap basically saying teams who were good last year will be good this yeal, and similar foolishness.

Every year, there are teams that rise up and surprise us all.........or well, many of us !!

The past is just that......THE PAST !!

.......and has no bearing whatsoever on this Sunday's game.

Oh, and rbryan........ you obviously weren't around during my last foray in these forums !!

I'll certainly be back.........only this time, I'll be having MUCH MORE FUN !!

MACH 1.......... That looks like one of those ingame fourms/threads......... I hate those....... too distracting............ can't enjoy the game if I am constantly trying to make comments online about it.

.......and I plan to enjoy this Sunday's game IMMENSELY !!

Ok so you want some props for what your favorite team did before you were a twinkle in your daddy's eye. HERE YOU GO. Cleveland at one time was a great team. They dominated the league in the 50's and I belive the early 60's and then after the owner ran your best player in Jim Brown out of town, the wheels came off and then the 70's showed up with a new dominant force in the division. Finally, in the 80's you guys had Bernie and were back in business at least in the AFCC - then all of a sudden Bernie gets let go where he wins a ring with Dallas (how sad is that). Then after that, the only thing that has come out of Cleveland is a strong odor, worthless pro football (because I feel confident that Ohio State in their worse year could beat the clowns right now), and a lot of people that thinkt hey know football.

So there you got it, you've gotten your props for days long ago. Now will you please finally admit that the browns haven't been productive since Bernie and the only thing that will save them is Romeo being shown the door and either some re-tread coach or a coach no one has ever heard of like when Bill came to the Steelers or when Tomlin was hired, takes over the reigns and ownership actually wants to put a winning team on the field.

Until then recognize that while you may have multiple championships, the clowns are one of the few NFL teams never to have won the Super Bowl and in the mean time the Steelers have 5 Trophies.

Happy now?

stlrtruck
09-09-2007, 12:35 AM
Yep - it sure does. :tt02::tt02: :flap::toofunny: You may as well assume the position now, TBD. :wink02: :banana:

2003 November 23 Steelers 13-6 Cleveland Browns Stadium

2004 October 10 Steelers 34-23 Heinz Field
November 14 Steelers 24-10 Cleveland Browns Stadium

2005 November 13 Steelers 34-21 Heinz Field
December 24 Steelers 41-0 Cleveland Browns Stadium

2006 November 19 Steelers 24-20 Cleveland Browns Stadium
December 7 Steelers 27-7 Heinz Field

Hey don't foget the 2002 Playoff - Come From Behind Victory over them too

StinkyB
09-09-2007, 01:03 AM
I wonder if the Browns will win a game in September.

steelshirts
09-09-2007, 02:35 AM
You know, he was OK up until he said that. Dude needs to seriously quit listening to "media experts" who think the Steelers just can't win without Cowher, et. al.

The Browns can bring their A game, and it still won't be enough to beat the Steelers. So sorry UK! :tt02:

The BROWNS have an A game???????????

Hmmm, maybe they do.... let me think.....

Got it. Had to go back to 1964 and the last Browns title. 64, wow. Long time to not get an A.

MasterOfPuppets
09-09-2007, 02:58 AM
Oh......... let's not go there, eh ??

Especially after one of your own fellow Piss & Black clad folks made the comment that he was "a beer queer" in another thread !!

So ......... as long as you don't make another lame attempt at the asinine gay angle, I won't ask when Hines Ward is scheduled for his sex change operation.

Because as good a WR as he certainly is, he is about two more tears away from being a woman !!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z192/BuckeyeDan/WhinesHard.jpgattempt....??? i got news for ya miss bee...maybe fondling another mans crouch is the norm in the UK..but here in the USA, only homo's engage in those type of activitys.

Preacher
09-09-2007, 03:04 AM
Um...

You mock a man for crying because he feels like he failed another man?

yeah... there you go... great smack

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-09-2007, 04:25 AM
[ UK CANDY BEE ]Well.......... I can't speak for the team...........but I find my sofa to be VERY comfy............. got no inclination to rub on it........... but that IS where I plan to watch the Browns beat your Stoolers tomorrow !!!

Wow...still have an aversion to the word "Couch"...don't ya?
...and I would hazard a guess that instead of sitting ON it today...you and the rest of the stains fans will be using their "sofa" for more traditional cleveland means...:couch:

Understood...most people from the Cleveland area are misdirected

(*In my best italian accent*) Vizzini, you keep using that word...I do not think it means what you think it means.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-09-2007, 04:42 AM

:banging:
This is why its impossible to argue with a Browns fans....You may as well place your cat in front of the television and expect it to comprehend the discovery channel.

Follow close UK candy a$$....Since none of use can see the future....and the game isnt happening in this exact moment ...the best reference as to what may happen is the "recent past".

If you can make the 27-3 recent past fact say "anything you want" it to say...please enlighten us as to how it says anything BUT Steelers superiority.

........well........waiting?

UK CANDY BEE
09-09-2007, 10:33 AM
...please enlighten us as to how it says anything BUT Steelers superiority.

........well........waiting?

Keep waiting.........

....... your answer will begin in about two and a half hours !!

...... however, you won't enjoy it very much !!

The Duke
09-09-2007, 10:41 AM
Keep waiting.........

Dude I got a question for ya, if the browns do lose(I know, that can't happen in your little brown universe :shake01:) will you come back here to the forum and realize the steelers are the better team? Just curious btw.

You know everyone is gonna be like this on you :finger:, and I personally will do it and enjoy it.

StinkyB
09-09-2007, 10:57 AM
Dude I got a question for ya, if the browns do lose(I know, that can't happen in your little brown universe :shake01:) will you come back here to the forum and realize the steelers are the better team? Just curious btw.

You know everyone is gonna be like this on you :finger:, and I personally will do it and enjoy it.

LMAO

TroysBadDawg
09-09-2007, 11:04 AM
I will be here, like a bad penny. do you mind?

Maybe I will even get rid of this water boy thing I have been given, but The gal said she has something for me too, but if we win I have something for her. IT avatars get your mind out of the gutter lol

steel-EERS
09-09-2007, 03:31 PM
when exactly is the beating suppose to take place, 17 minutes left they better hurry up

rbryan
09-09-2007, 04:01 PM
I'm breaking a long standing rule to post b4 the end of the game. Brownie boyz where ya at.

rbryan
09-09-2007, 04:04 PM

Maybe I will even get rid of this water boy thing I have been given, but The gal said she has something for me too, but if we win I have something for her. IT avatars get your mind out of the gutter lol

Penny?? I think ur over estimating your net worth. Only thing I've seen positive for the brownies is that BQ can take notes while bending over.

fansince'76
09-09-2007, 04:27 PM

OK, then where are you? You lost an avatar bet to HTG. Pay up!

Stlrs4Life
09-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Keep waiting.........

56-55, we now officially Own yas.

GoldCrush
09-11-2007, 05:36 PM
ROFLMAO Not only did the Browns get beat but the butt whoopin sent Charlie Fry to the Seattle Craphawks ! I should have tried to go to the game in the 4th because I bet I could have gotten in for free or just tried to sneak past the HOARDS of Brownie fans with their tear filled eyes leaving the stadium, but then again why? Browns fans are almost on par with the raiders fans when it comes to sportsmanship and manners they spit on , drop drinks on and start fights with opposing teams fans just to get themselves tossed out of the games then have their season tickets and PSL's yanked! One poor fool called into AM850 here in Cleveland on Monday and was mad about how since 1999 he has spent $32,000 on PSL license, season tickets, beer, food and plane tickets to a few away games and seen maybe 10 wins for his 32K! I almost start to feel sorry for the Browneyes until I remember how they open their mouths and the doggy doo doo starts pouring out of it. The funny part is that Before Sunday they were all calling this the "Season of Dreams". Now they just call it reality! They should just start passing out tissues before the games in preparation for the thrashing their worst dressed team in the NFL will be getting.

Hines0wnz
09-11-2007, 08:01 PM
How do I know ??

Why do I believe it ??

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e363/jpriode73/dumbass.jpg
:wink02:

UK CANDY BEE
11-06-2007, 05:04 AM
Upon further review......of the thread title, that is......it doesn't say when, does it ??

But it was posted just prior the the 2007 season, so it wouldn't be a stretch to assume it must happen this season !!

What's the weather forecast for this Sunday in Pissburgh ??

Revenge is a dish best served COLD !!!

............ but it is sweet !!

stillers4me
11-06-2007, 07:03 AM
We spoiled your Christmas party once. The Ravens enjoyed our birthday bash. Are you really sure you want to come to a party at our house??

fansince'76
11-06-2007, 08:32 AM
Based on what? Beating two 0-8 teams and just barely squeaking by an extremely overrated Squawks team (after being behind by 15) that we kicked all over the field? Or the fact that you've dropped 8 in a row and 14 of the last 15 against us? Good luck, troll.

TroysBadDawg
11-06-2007, 08:56 AM
I am not touching this one, I just hope thee ae no serious injuries to either team. I know this one can get exciting. May the best team win and may the Steelers come in Second.

And don't steal our cheer,

Here We Go Brownies Here We Go
Woof Woof

Mosca
11-06-2007, 09:17 AM
Props to UK CANDY BEE for being persistent, for staying a fan, and for having a sense of humor!

The Brownies are evolving nicely; Anderson and Edwards are having some fun out there.

I still think we are going to shell the Browns, but it will be a better game than week one's game was.

HometownGal
11-06-2007, 09:17 AM
Upon further review......of the thread title, that is......it doesn't say when, does it ??

But it was posted just prior the the 2007 season, so it wouldn't be a stretch to assume it must happen this season !!

What's the weather forecast for this Sunday in Pissburgh ??

Revenge is a dish best served COLD !!!

............ but it is sweet !!

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny: A$$ spinchter says what?

CB1977
11-06-2007, 10:21 AM
Hey.....it's anyones game. Our only disadvantage this week is, it's at Pittsburgh and not at CBS. Your fans can get just as loud as ours and that's going to hurt us but, it will be a better game than week 1.

To quote a very good friend of mine..

"HERE WE GO BROWNIES, HERE WE GO! WOOF! WOOF!"

fansince'76
11-06-2007, 10:32 AM
Props to UK CANDY BEE for being persistent, for staying a fan, and for having a sense of humor!

Give props to the good Browns fans on this site - j-dawg, TBD, and CB1977. Not this troll. Funny how this guy talked the same crap the entire week before opening day and was nowhere to be found after the beatdown. And all of a sudden, 2+ months later, he shows back up? Weak. As. Hell.

Jman
11-06-2007, 10:51 AM
Tough crowd up in here.

I can't say the Browns will do much better although they do have my eye brow raised. Their engine is not far off from all 8 firing...

Crushzilla
11-06-2007, 11:38 AM
Our only disadvantage this week is, it's at Pittsburgh and not at CBS.

The game WILL be in Pittsburgh AND on CBS, silly... :wink02:

Mosca
11-06-2007, 11:38 AM
Give props to the good Browns fans on this site - j-dawg, TBD, and CB1977. Not this troll. Funny how this guy talked the same crap the entire week before opening day and was nowhere to be found after the beatdown. And all of a sudden, 2+ months later, he shows back up? Weak. As. Hell.

I dunno, it's all in fun. I don't mind the leaving and coming back part. This isn't anything at all like when Bengal Brian and his minions would come in. This stuff is just mild taunting, it's for fun.

X-Terminator
11-06-2007, 12:04 PM
I think this is going to be a little bit tougher game than the one in Cleveland, but I still think we'll win by double digits.

fansince'76
11-06-2007, 12:07 PM
I dunno, it's all in fun. I don't mind the leaving and coming back part. This isn't anything at all like when Bengal Brian and his minions would come in. This stuff is just mild taunting, it's for fun.

Yeah, good point, Mosca - this guy really hasn't made it personal with anybody, so no big. I still have more respect for TBD, though - he came back and took his lumps (hence his avatar), and he stuck around.

revefsreleets
11-06-2007, 12:57 PM
Buckeye Dan, I admire your optimism, but you'll be just as bitterly disappointed this time as you have been the last 21 of 24. The Browns finally have an offense, but they have no defense at all to speak of. Or maybe you think that the addition of Ricardo Colclough will make up the 27 point difference from the first game?

Nevermind. I've read your posts. You probably do.

I've got that game sitting at about 31-17 Steelers. An improvent, but not much. And, by the way, I was only off on my pick of the first contest by a few points. I had it 31-10, not 34-7

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=19351&page=7

CB1977
11-06-2007, 01:17 PM
The game WILL be in Pittsburgh AND on CBS, silly... :wink02:

I hope you're kidding about this....but, it's kind of hard to tell if you really don't know what I was referring to when I said CBS. After all, you are a Steeler fan...:flap:

hehehehehe

Lord Stiller
11-06-2007, 01:40 PM
Steelers have the best Defense in the NFL

Brownies have the worst Defense in the NFL

WE WIN

UK CANDY BEE
11-07-2007, 02:47 AM

That's not accurate.

I came back after the week one loss.

I even started a thread about it.

Something about even a broken clock is right twice a day, but what do you do when your team is broken ??

I WAS jumping the gun a bit though, because it would seem the team isn't broken, just had the absolute WRONG guy at QB !!

However, to say I was "nowhere to be found" after the week one game is absolutely not true...............what ??...... was I supposed to stick around indefinitely and reply to every one of you who wanted to take pot shots at me ??

I made a brief appearance at your victory celebration, and I exited......... until now.......... and I have returned to beat the drum a bit (maybe quite a bit) for the Brown & Orange.

If your guys win again, I'll be back again just long enough to say "Hey, you got us again" or some similar lament and make another exit.

If the Browns win, then I'll be back just long enough to say ........ well, actually, I am not sure what I'll say, but I am pretty sure no matter what it is, I won't spend an inordinate amount of time doing it.

fansince'76
11-07-2007, 05:06 AM
That's not accurate.

Something about even a broken clock is right twice a day, but what do you do when your team is broken ??

I WAS jumping the gun a bit though, because it would seem the team isn't broken, just had the absolute WRONG guy at QB !!

However, to say I was "nowhere to be found" after the week one game is absolutely not true...............what ??...... was I supposed to stick around indefinitely and reply to every one of you who wanted to take pot shots at me ??

I made a brief appearance at your victory celebration, and I exited......... until now.......... and I have returned to beat the drum a bit (maybe quite a bit) for the Brown & Orange.

Goody for you. What do you want, a medal? :coffee:

revefsreleets
11-07-2007, 09:32 AM
So, Dan, since you're here, why not give us some in-depth analysis on exactly how your Browns are going to beat us?

I'll start by giving you all the reasons they won't.

Total D: Steelers rank- 1 Browns rank- 32
Passing D: Steelers rank- 1 Browns rank- 32
Rushing D: Steelers rank- 4 Browns rank- 27

Total O: Steelers rank- 8 Browns rank 4
Passing O: Steelers rank- 19 Browns rank- 7
Rushing O: Steelers rank- 2 Browns rank- 17

The fact that we have the best defense will cancel out your offense. Our offense will most likely score at will against the Browns, which will make the Browns one-dimensional and passing a lot. Anderson is not very mobile, so expect multiple sacks and turnovers.

Also, this game IS in Pittsburgh. Since 1970, the Steelers are 30-6 at home against the Browns. The Steelers have won 8 straight against the Browns and are looking for the 4th season sweep in a row. They have won 14 of the last 15 and the last 21 of 24

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-07-2007, 09:53 AM

Woof Woof

No worries...I dont make the sound of an animal that licks its own ass.

CB1977
11-07-2007, 10:14 AM
LMAO....good one but,

I wouldn't make too much fun of our mascot...look at yours!!!! Mr. Steely McPedophile.

fansince'76
11-07-2007, 10:17 AM
LMAO....good one but,

I wouldn't make too much fun of our mascot...look at yours!!!! Mr. Steely McPedophile.

:flap: :toofunny:

rbryan
11-07-2007, 11:15 AM
I gotta admit that new mascot is a bit creepy. If the Rooneys were set on breaking tradition, I would have gone with cheerleaders over a mascot.

Mosca
11-07-2007, 11:26 AM
That's not accurate.

If your guys win again, I'll be back again just long enough to say "Hey, you got us again" or some similar lament and make another exit.

If the Browns win, then I'll be back just long enough to say ........ well, actually, I am not sure what I'll say, but I am pretty sure no matter what it is, I won't spend an inordinate amount of time doing it.

:cheers:

"I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!"

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-07-2007, 11:36 AM
LMAO....good one but,

Granted....At least your mascot is allowed at Boy scout meetings and daycare facilities.:dang:

CB1977
11-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Geez...Why don't you guys really tell me how you feel about your mascot?? lol

You think they could have at least had the fans vote on what it should be...I'm sure you wouldn't have chosen him!!

fansince'76
11-07-2007, 12:46 PM
Geez...Why don't you guys really tell me how you feel about your mascot?? lol

You think they could have at least had the fans vote on what it should be...I'm sure you wouldn't have chosen him!!

Eh, it's all good - I have a strong feeling that "Steely" will be a one-season thing (75th Steelers anniversary) and be gone after this year.

dragtruk
11-08-2007, 05:34 PM

Woof Woof[/QUOTE]

Heh-heh,

Aren't Brownies junior girlscouts? And the "woof woof " implies that they're ugly too!:cheers::cheers::cheers::jammin:

CB1977
11-09-2007, 09:01 AM

Woof Woof

Heh-heh,

Aren't Brownies junior girlscouts? And the "woof woof " implies that they're ugly too!:cheers::cheers::cheers::jammin:[/QUOTE]

I resent that remark. :crying01:

revefsreleets
11-09-2007, 09:17 AM
I've got to tell ya, I haven't seen this much delsuion in Cleveland since the time they played us in the playoffs. The fans REALLY think this Browns team is that much better than the first game. When asked about the horrible defense, they pretty much just ignore it, and say "we're gonna beat you Sunday". I haven't seen them this uppity since Bernie Kosar was under center.

It's actually kind of fun to see a little life in the poor saps, but it's just going to make the dejection hurt that much more when they lose and lose badly.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-09-2007, 10:17 AM
Eh, it's all good - I have a strong feeling that "Steely" will be a one-season thing (75th Steelers anniversary) and be gone after this year.

shhhhhhh....(I can just about "guarentee" that will be the case......:ak47::propeller:m16:)

#1LambertFan
11-09-2007, 01:45 PM
Porter is garbage now has he done anything special in Miami. Yes the loss of the great Bill Cowher is something we need to cope with but im a steelers fan up and down and i say in Tomlin we trust. Lamarr Woodley is dangerous and a little QB like Anderson will be seriously injured if he takes the slightest hit by him and dont forget both of your starting guards ar injured.

#1LambertFan
11-09-2007, 01:49 PM
I say worst case scenario is Steelers 28 Browns 7

#1LambertFan
11-09-2007, 01:52 PM
shhhhhhh....(I can just about "guarentee" that will be the case......:ak47::propeller:m16:)

Steely McBeam- I didn't like the idea to start with and after seing it i feel dissapointed that a Steelers fan actually thought it up. One thing about Steelers fans is that we are enthusiastic that we don't need cheerleaders or a mascot. Although cheerleaders would be nice. LOL

stlrtruck
11-10-2007, 10:24 PM
Well, I won't sit here and say that the clowns haven't improved since we played them opening day but it's not enough for them to overcome the Steelers.
I mean we can't overlook Anderson, Edwards, Lewis, or Winslow but then again, the clowns defense hasn't done squat really. And they'll be facing Parker, Ben, Miller, Ward, Holmes, and Spaeth - advantage Steelers.

Defensively, you've got the Silverback, Taz, Smith, Hampton, Farrior - need I go on - how about we just say The NEW STEEL CURTAIN!!!! Advantage definitely Steelers.

Special Teams - well that's always been an achilles for the Steelers and the fact that the clowns did a good job in the first game with those, I see them with the advantage here.

However, the Steelers aren't the same team from week 1 either and I think Tomlin will have the boys ready to take control of the division - sorry clowntown but you can at least rest on two facts: 1) You're not the ratbirds or the bungals and 2) you're still fighting for a wild card spot (even after the loss on Sunday)

jjpro11
11-11-2007, 01:08 AM
our offense may be just as strong, we just havent gotten into the shootouts the browns have. we have scored when we needed to pretty much all season... even in denver and arizona we scored when we absolutely had to.

Rhee Rhee
11-11-2007, 02:29 AM
haha joke of the century... steelers win 34-14

stillers4me
11-11-2007, 08:07 AM
We're defending the division lead.........in our house..........against the Browns.

'Nuff said.

Edman
11-11-2007, 09:57 AM
I will say this now. The Browns are a different team since the first game. Then again, so are the Steelers.

You won't see 8 straight imcompletions from Ben in this game, oh, and Derek Anderson will be exposed as a QB who padded his stats against the worst teams in the league.

Jeremy
11-11-2007, 09:59 AM
I will say this now. The Browns are a different team since the first game. Then again, so are the Steelers.

You won't see 8 straight imcompletions from Ben in this game, oh, and Derek Anderson will be exposed as a QB who padded his stats against the worst teams in the league.

No, they aren't. The Browns have beaten some bad teams and pulled one mild upset.

This is not a different football team.

#1LambertFan
11-11-2007, 04:31 PM
Wow the browns took us by suprise. But in the end the evil Browns lay wasted and the Steelers stand victorious as usual. Can we say thank god for 4th quarter comebacks.

UK CANDY BEE
11-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Can we say RIVALRY ...........again ??

Oh well............. I came LIGHT YEARS closer to being on the money than any of you DREAMED of !!

But this is neither horseshoes nor hand grenades............ and close simply equals another entry in the L column.

You got us again.............but damn, it sucks to know that all we had to do was SOMETHING on offense in the second half and the W was there for the taking !!

Enjoy your vacation vs the Jest next week !!

fansince'76
11-11-2007, 04:53 PM

Oh well............. I came LIGHT YEARS closer to being on the money than any of you DREAMED of !!

But this is neither horseshoes nor hand grenades............ and close simply equals another entry in the L column.

You got us again.............but damn, it sucks to know that all we had to do was SOMETHING on offense in the second half and the W was there for the taking !!

I hope you guys get a wild card - you deserve it. :cheers:

MasterOfPuppets
11-11-2007, 05:00 PM

Enjoy your vacation vs the Jest next week !!and all we had to do was play special teams,and the W would have been much more lopsided.....:coffee:
steelers 401 net yds
browns 163 net yds
you may want to give honorable mention to your D......:thumbsup:

Jeremy
11-11-2007, 05:01 PM

No...we can't. You still suck.

UK CANDY BEE
11-11-2007, 05:01 PM

As much as I would LOVE to see the Browns in the post season, no matter how we play on offense, that defense makes us VERY BEATABLE !!

...........especially when we take a half hour NAP on offense !!:banging:

Jeremy
11-11-2007, 05:03 PM

I hope your stadium falls down and all your players catch mono.

You'll always suck.

UK CANDY BEE
11-11-2007, 05:04 PM
No...we can't. You still suck.
'
Ahhh......... now THERE'S an example of MOST of the Steeler fans I have ever encountered !!

Thanks for reminding me..........

Jeremy
11-11-2007, 05:06 PM
'
Ahhh......... now THERE'S one example of MOST of the Steeler fans I have ever encountered !!

Thanks for reminding me..........

Hold the phone Candy Bee. You want to call what the Steelers and Browns have a rivalry again. Sorry, but that simply isn't going to happen. Your team is bad. You beat a bunch of really bad teams and pulled one mild upset to get a winning record and today the Steelers gave the Browns a special teams touchdown to keep the game close.

Go and get a couple of more decent players and maybe we can call it a rivalry again. Until then, go home and talk about how great it will be when Ohio State is in the Rose Bowl loser.

UK CANDY BEE
11-11-2007, 05:08 PM
I hope your stadium falls down and all your players catch mono.

You'll always suck.

Maybe, maybe not............ but you'll "always" be ..........well, exactly what you are showing yourself to be...............

(once you hit puberty, you might understand that last comment)

...........good luck with that !!

Jeremy
11-11-2007, 05:10 PM
Maybe, maybe not............ but you'll "always" be ..........well, exactly what you are showing yourself to be...............

(once you hit puberty, you might understand that last comment)

...........good luck with that !!

I love it when a Browns/Buckeyes fan attempts trash talk. It's one of the funnier things you'll ever hear. Kind of like when Ted Ginn Jr said OSU couldn't be beat last season.

Oh well. I'm not the one acting like a desperate girl who wants her ex-boyfriend to take her back. The Steelers are more concerned with Super Bowls than the Browns. I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is Candy.

MasterOfPuppets
11-11-2007, 05:21 PM
'
Ahhh......... now THERE'S an example of MOST of the Steeler fans I have ever encountered !!

Thanks for reminding me..........you know, and we know damn well had the browns won you'd be talkin some serious garbage ! look at all the retarded smack you talked BEFORE, the 2 games.try not to get too much crow on the floor while your chowin down......:toofunny:

Jeremy
11-11-2007, 05:23 PM
you know, and we know damn well had the browns won you'd be talkin some serious garbage ! look at all the retarded smack you talked BEFORE, the 2 games.try not to get too much crow on the floor while your chowin down......:toofunny:

In Ohio, history doesn't matter. It doesn't matter what you've done, just what you think you can do.

Hines0wnz
11-11-2007, 07:57 PM

7-2

Need any more proof?

stlrtruck
11-11-2007, 10:56 PM
Guys taken it easy on UK Candy, I mean his beloved suckeyes got beat on Saturday and then the clowns find a way to steal defeat from the jaws of victory!

The clowns did give us a good game today, they should be proud and they're coming into their own - victories are victories it doesn't matter if it's against a bad team or not (I mean we did lose to the cards and broncos).

However, on that sad note, we haven't lost a game in our division and as of right now - WE OWN THE AFCN and that's all that matters regardless of how close the game was or how great a first half the clowns played - it's 60 minute football and if you expect to beat the Steelers you've got to come strong for 60 minutes!!!

SteelCityMan786
11-11-2007, 11:06 PM
I love it when a Browns/Buckeyes fan attempts trash talk. It's one of the funnier things you'll ever hear. Kind of like when Ted Ginn Jr said OSU couldn't be beat last season.

Oh well. I'm not the one acting like a desperate girl who wants her ex-boyfriend to take her back. The Steelers are more concerned with Super Bowls than the Browns. I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is Candy.

Well Said. :thumbsup:

MasterOfPuppets
11-12-2007, 12:05 AM
looks like the brownies are startin to hop off the derrick anderson bandwagon already....:toofunny:

I'm sorry this guy really reminds of another Qb in the league!!! Rex Grossman!! When he's on he's on, but when he sucks well he sucks. Yes I know about the 3 td's but Ialso know about the missed open receivers

They've done a nice job of being 'rah rah' about Derek's play to the media, as they should. I'd be willing to bet in the inner workings of berea they're just like us.... saying 'we never know when the ticking time bomb derek is gonna go off and start shitting all over the house'.

imagine locking this guy up long term like many were suggesting! Can you imagine being stuck with this inconsistent overgrown albatross for a day longer than we have to?

have been silent about this for a while...but if we had an accurate qb those passes coulda been made...it was ridiculous....throwin to their feet, behind them, over their heads...i haven't drank the DA cool aid...and I dont plan to

there's tons of laughs to be had at this site...
http://www.dawgbones.com/phBB/index.php

rbryan
11-12-2007, 12:42 AM
At least there are a few Stain fans who have the common sense to see if D Anderson can string together more than 6 games before they give him the key to the city. If you listen to the likes of Simms and Collinsworth this guy is the "Real Deal"....... what a joke. I'm not saying he is or isn't, just saying that maybe you should wait till he plays more than 6 games before you make a statement like that.

revefsreleets
11-12-2007, 10:22 AM
Just an observation from section 537 yesterday. First off, Cribbs is a rare talent returning the football, but our special teams is the worst in the NFL. Outside of a nice opening drive and Cribbs returns, this game was about where I expected it to be. The Browns are better, but still 14-21 points worse than the Steelers.

CB1977
11-12-2007, 01:58 PM
Hold the phone Candy Bee. You want to call what the Steelers and Browns have a rivalry again. Sorry, but that simply isn't going to happen. Your team is bad. You beat a bunch of really bad teams and pulled one mild upset to get a winning record and today the Steelers gave the Browns a special teams touchdown to keep the game close.

Go and get a couple of more decent players and maybe we can call it a rivalry again. Until then, go home and talk about how great it will be when Ohio State is in the Rose Bowl loser.

First of all...good game guys. Our Brownies played outstanding in the first half, too bad we didn't show up for the rest of the game. In any case, it was a very exciting game.

So Jeremy, you don't believe it's still a rivalry?? Sorry to disagree with you but I still think it is. May I ask you how long you've been a Steeler fan? I'm just curious because if you ask a lot of the old-time Steeler and Browns fans, they would all agree that this rivalry is still alive and kicking. I talked to quite a few fans that tell me the same. You say our team is bad....ok, we're not as perfect as yours but, I think we played a pretty good game against you yesterday...please don't deny that.

I've been posting on this board for quite a while now and have the upmost respect for most of the people here so I'm going to keep this post friendly and not say what's really on my mind. That may get me banned.

I don't consider myself a sore loser but you sure as hell sound to me like a poor winner.

Congrats to the great Steeler posters on your win!

MACH1
11-12-2007, 02:15 PM
There's always will be a rivalry between the browns and steelers even though its not been real competitive lately.

rbryan
11-12-2007, 02:50 PM
57-55 ?? I think thats the all time series record with the Steelers having a slight advantage. Sounds like a pretty good rivalry to me. How many games have the patsies and the colts played???

Steelers on top, Browns 2nd, and the other two teams not worth mentioning mopping up the basement. All is right in the world again. For now anyways.

Jman
11-12-2007, 03:13 PM
First of all...good game guys. Our Brownies played outstanding in the first half, too bad we didn't show up for the rest of the game. In any case, it was a very exciting game.

Congrats to the great Steeler posters on your win!

Thank you... and...

:iagree:

The Browns played their hearts out in the first half and it was very competitive. Great effort Browns.

My hats off to you as well CB1977. Classy Browns fan indeed.

CB1977
11-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Thanks Jman....spoken like a true, classy Steeler fan.

This is what it's all about!! :cheers:

revefsreleets
11-12-2007, 04:26 PM
I do have one complaint. I walked around a lot of tailgates, and had a long walk into the stadium, as well as what I saw while sitting in the stands, and there is a BIG difference between the way Steelers fans treat Browns fans in the Burgh compared to the way Steelers fans get treated in Cleveland. Even listening to Cleveland radio stations on the way home, the Browns fans who were at the game had almost no complaints at all, claiming it was all pretty good natured. The Browns fans in our section whooped it up a bit in the first half, but the Steelers fans treated them okay, and, generally speaking, there were a lot of jokes and everyone was having a good time.

But I've been to a Browns Steelers game in Cleveland, and things are not the same. Perhaps it's the inferiority complex due to losing so much recently, or maybe it's the fact that while the ratio of Browns fans in Pittsburgh is about 1 in 100, the ratio is more like 4 in 10 in Cleveland, but the fans in Cleveland are downright nasty. Not all of them, of course, but the hatred in the stadium is palpable. I never once felt like any Cleveland fan was ever in any danger at the game yesterday (or at the game last year, which was a night game, and there was plenty of drinking going on), but the opposite was true in Cleveland.

I don't meant to break up the lovefest, but I can't deny that what I've seen is a lot different from stadium to stadium.

CB1977
11-12-2007, 08:06 PM
Ok...you broke the lovefest up.

Congrats anyway...............

revefsreleets
11-12-2007, 08:16 PM
More importantly, it's probably a territorial pissing thing. There are NO Browns fans in Pittsburgh, but there are a TON of Steelers fans in Cleveland. It's just accepted that Steelers fans live amongst you in Cleveland, but it's almost as bad as being outted as gay to be a Browns fan in Pittsburgh.

CB1977
11-13-2007, 09:03 AM
There are Browns fans in Pittsburgh....I know this for a fact. They are probably afraid to say anything to anyone though. You guys would have your Steely McFeely attack them.............

DJJorel
11-13-2007, 12:13 PM
57-55 ?? I think thats the all time series record with the Steelers having a slight advantage. Sounds like a pretty good rivalry to me. How many games have the patsies and the colts played???

Steelers on top, Browns 2nd, and the other two teams not worth mentioning mopping up the basement. All is right in the world again. For now anyways.

Honestly, is it more of a rivalry with the Ravens or the Browns?...since the Browns became the Ravens in 1995 and the Browns were basically an expansion team in 1999...

Ahhhh....to hell with it...the Steelers dominate them both anyways.....

revefsreleets
11-13-2007, 01:13 PM
There are Browns fans in Pittsburgh....I know this for a fact. They are probably afraid to say anything to anyone though. You guys would have your Steely McFeely attack them.............

Yeah, but not near as many as there are Steelers fans in Cleveland. It doesn't help that your team took off a few years...quite a few bandwagoners jumped ship.

Besides, being a Browns fan in Pittsburgh is like taking McDonald's into a 5 star restaurant.

jjpro11
11-13-2007, 03:34 PM
Yeah, but not near as many as there are Steelers fans in Cleveland. It doesn't help that your team took off a few years...quite a few bandwagoners jumped ship.

Besides, being a Browns fan in Pittsburgh is like taking McDonald's into a 5 star restaurant.

theres a ridiculous number of steelers fans around the cleveland area.