PDA

View Full Version : things not so rosey in patsland?

tony hipchest
09-05-2007, 08:54 AM
ever since the patriots were the consensus and media favorites to win it all amongst all the espn and SI power rankings (etc.) they have:

-become distracted by the birth of bradys illegitimate child.
-brady having his child named J.E.T.
-savior moss not practicing due to laziness and chronic hamstring problems
-harrison admitting to cheating and illegal substance abuse= 4 game suspension
-seyMORE having to sit out 6 games due to slow healing.
-belichick getting peeved cause he has to answer questions about his players cheating.
-NY fishwrap hacks saying belichick dissed their 1st weeks opponents. and motivating k. rhodes
-constant questions about a non addressed, aging defense that lost its gas in the AFCC game.
-wes welker being declared as the #1 offensive threat.
-an "automatic" rookie kicker who seems below average at best in his sophmore slump year.
-a player who was cut getting arrested for punching his dad in a drunken fit of rage.
-imposing salary cap hell.
-having to release all but 2 2007 draftpicks, even though old age stares them in the face.
-#1 rb coming off a bum shoulder.
-a head coach that is obviously tired and old.
-vinatieri winning his 4th sb before the rest of them (ok, this happened before they became the media darlings)
-dissed by pete prisco who ranked them #3
-a star qb who is obviously jealous of the $$$ manning makes and the accolades he receives:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/peytonandtom.jpg

Livinginthe past
09-05-2007, 10:29 AM
ever since the patriots were the consensus and media favorites to win it all amongst all the espn and SI power rankings (etc.) they have:

Yeah, any hows that then? The 1st team offense looked pretty awesome moving the ball against a decent Panthers 1st team D.

I'd love to seem 'em focused if thats a 'distracted' effort

I think Belichick will just have to gameplan around this huge obstacle - christenings have de-railed SB runs before.

Savior? Says who?

Let me guess...the media :toofunny:

What are we being 'saved' from by picking up a quality WR? Racking up 27 points in the AFCCG?

Some teams can only dream about that kind of production with mostly scrubs at WR.

Maybe teams who get beat by Oakland should be investing in a 'savior'....no?

Well, thats a fair cop. No denying Harrison has been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

The Patriots are accustomed to losing key players during the season - its happened every year for the last 5 or 6....we still got 3 Lombardi's to show for it though.

Sure. And he'll be good to go when the season starts ramping up.

Luckily the Patriots have the best D-line in terms of quality and depth in the NFL.

None of the Steelers journeymen D-linemen would even get a look-in in New England.

-belichick getting peeved cause he has to answer questions about his players cheating.

Belichick peeved?

Well thats a first.

Nope, definitely no sky falling here.

-NY fishwrap hacks saying belichick dissed their 1st weeks opponents. and motivating k. rhodes

If K Rhodes is dumb enough to believe that poor fabrication he'll probably have a hard time finding his way to the stadium in time for kick off.

-constant questions about a non addressed, aging defense that lost its gas in the AFCC game.

Lost its gas? Well this has been done and done again. When you are starting your 3rd tier safeties and your 2nd tier LBers teams like the Colts will take advantage.

I can see why you come baack to this (again) though - your new material sucks.

I mean...Grumpy Belichick? Ha ha.

Look what he did with a shambolic QB situation in Miami. Now imagine what he can do with Tom Brady.
-an "automatic" rookie kicker who seems below average at best in his sophmore slump year.

During the ...ummmm...pre-season?

we are talking pre-season, right?

Id still take him over a kicker who looks like a character from StreetFighter thats gone to seed.

-a player who was cut getting arrested for punching his dad in a drunken fit of rage.

A player who was cut? So that wouldnt be a Patriots player then?

Still it has to be better than a starting WR who physically abuses women, right? Or maybe a guy who got cut because he pimps out women?

Yep. Steelers have no real moral high ground on this one.

Says who?

LOL.

Another Tony H fabrication?

Who was the team with less than $1million salary cap room just a week or two ago? Which team has to cut is supposed starting centre becasue they couldnt afford to keep him?

I'll give ya a clue.

It starts with 'St'......and ends in 'eelers'.

-having to release all but 2 2007 draftpicks, even though old age stares them in the face.

Having to?

Nope. Choosing to.

The current standard of the squad means that rooks have to be of very high quality to make the cut. Just like pittsburgh I suppose - where a cleverly misjudged 4th round bust had to be cut..what were they thinking?

Maroney is good to go.

Why?

Because I said so.

Oh, so now he is tired and old......and..grumpy too?

Oh dear. Does this even deserve a response?

-vinatieri winning his 4th sb before the rest of them (ok, this happened before they became the media darlings)

Bummer. You know how long will it take Hines Ward to win his 4th? I reckon Brady will get his first.

Pete Prisco?

Pete.......Prisco?

LOL.

-a star qb who is obviously jealous of the $$$ manning makes and the accolades he receives:

Sure he is.

Talking of accolades.

How many times has Manning been SB MVP?

Now how many times has Brady?

Thats your accolades right there.

tony hipchest
09-05-2007, 07:12 PM
well, i expected a bit more of a spirited response. although i will aknowledge i got you to type out the letters LOL... were you really laughing out loud? if so, i apologize.

for what its worth, aaron smith would slap around any patriots d-lineman and have them begging for more. c. hoke could step in for wilfork and their defense would not miss a beat.

i have no idea what steelers players have to do with patriot woes, unless you wanna talk about scott, j. brown, c. brown, and vrabel suddenly getting old.

the next time a patriots punter suffers from roid rage, i will remember that the steelers cut a pimp. and i will take solice in the fact that i know all the steelers arent pimpin hoes. :sofunny:

Livinginthe past
09-05-2007, 07:45 PM
Wow 8 lines?

Sure...its my response that lacked spirit.

You obviously find things alot easier to handle when you don't have anything coming back the other direction.

Aaron Smith = Journeyman

The only reason you dont realise it, is because the Steelers roster are currently filled with players of a similar caliber.

Im afraid the 'LOL' was more a demonstration at my amusement/shock at your using Prisco as some type of ammo in the BF.

Funny how you don't want to talk about Steeler players - though I can see why you would shy away from comparisons between our personnel.

I guess you'll have to start another thread now...maybe something about the Bungles?

They are much easier to smack down, therefore less demanding on your obviously limited resources of ingenuity.

Oh, and for the record I think you should pay for the privilege of posting here - lots of other people do ..whats your excuse?

You aren't a 'mature student' are you? (I noticed you didn't like me picking on those poor students by trying to get them to back up their claims with a measly 5 bucks)

ShutDown24
09-05-2007, 07:57 PM
Very good post Tony.

Livinginthe past
09-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Very good post Tony.

Who said Pittsburgh didn't need cheerleaders?

:cheer: :cheer:

Gimme a 'T'....

fansince'76
09-05-2007, 08:21 PM
The only reason you dont realise it, is because the Steelers roster are currently filled with players of a similar caliber.

Funny how you don't want to talk about Steeler players - though I can see why you would shy away from comparisons between our personnel.

I guess that explains why even in a down 8-8 season, the Steelers sent twice as many players (4 - Polamalu, Hampton, Faneca, Parker) to Honolulu than the 12-4 Patriots did (2 - Light, Seymour) last season.

ShutDown24
09-05-2007, 08:22 PM
It was a great culmination of facts man. You really don't put ALL of that together without really thinking about that... THree or four things maybe but dang, that was convincing. Add some witty comments into that and it's better than anythingPeter King has written all year! :P

Black@Gold Forever32
09-05-2007, 08:31 PM
Wow 8 lines?

Sure...its my response that lacked spirit.

You obviously find things alot easier to handle when you don't have anything coming back the other direction.

Aaron Smith = Journeyman

Im afraid the 'LOL' was more a demonstration at my amusement/shock at your using Prisco as some type of ammo in the BF.

I guess you'll have to start another thread now...maybe something about the Bungles?

They are much easier to smack down, therefore less demanding on your obviously limited resources of ingenuity.

Oh, and for the record I think you should pay for the privilege of posting here - lots of other people do ..whats your excuse?

You aren't a 'mature student' are you? (I noticed you didn't like me picking on those poor students by trying to get them to back up their claims with a measly 5 bucks)

I don't know about Aaron Smith being a journeyman Dlineman...Smith is often looked as the best 3-4 DE in the NFL....lol I think 34 career sacks is pretty good for a 3-4 D ....Plus the guy is a monster against the run and since 2001 he has a 1/2 sack more then Richard Seymour....

Livinginthe past
09-05-2007, 08:32 PM
I guess that explains why even in a down 8-8 season, the Steelers sent twice as many players (4 - Polamalu, Hampton, Faneca, Parker) to Honolulu than the 12-4 Patriots did (2 - Light, Seymour) last season.

Well, Pro-bowl voting has always been more of a popularity contest than a reflection of actual talent hasn't it?

Livinginthe past
09-05-2007, 08:33 PM
I don't know about Aaron Smith being a journeyman Dlineman...Smith is often looked as the best 3-4 DE in the NFL....lol I think 34 career sacks is pretty good for a 3-4 DE and Smith....Plus the guy is a monster against the run and since 2001 he has a 1/2 sack more then Richard Seymour....

Tell me who (outside Pittsburgh..and merril Hoge) think thats Smith is even an elite talent let alone the 'best'.

Playing the godawful Browns is probably responsible for alot of those sacks.

fansince'76
09-05-2007, 08:35 PM
Well, Pro-bowl voting has always been more of a popularity contest than a reflection of actual talent hasn't it?

Yes, which is why teams with 12-4 records have historically sent more players to Honolulu than 8-8 teams. Oh, wait....

Livinginthe past
09-05-2007, 08:39 PM
Yes, which is why teams with 12-4 records have historically sent more players to Honolulu than 8-8 teams. Oh, wait....

Have they?

Wheres the proof of that, then?

X-Terminator
09-05-2007, 08:40 PM
And so it begins...

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jrickclark/Structures/boxing-ring/01-boxing.jpg

Black@Gold Forever32
09-05-2007, 08:42 PM
Tell me who (outside Pittsburgh..and merril Hoge) think thats Smith is even an elite talent let alone the 'best'.

Did I say he was the best? I don't think I did.....I said Smith is often looked at as the best 3-4 DE in the NFL....No its just not Hoge that thinks that...Various and many media types think so.....

You called him a journeyman Dlineman.....All I'm saying I think he is better then that.....When I think journeyman then I think of the Kimo Von Oelhoffens of the NFL not Aaron Smith....

Really weak to mention the Browns...Its not like the Pats Dlineman face elite Olines every game...That Buffalo Bills Oline hasn't been the 7 layers of granite lately...lol

Now what?:sofunny:

fansince'76
09-05-2007, 08:54 PM
Have they?

Wheres the proof of that, then?

There's plenty of proof out there if you want to compare number of Pro Bowlers from a team in a given year and their respective team's record. It's the same phenomenon that explains why the Chargers sent 10 players to Honolulu last year after finishing 14-2 as opposed to sending 5 the year before after finishing 9-7. Or did they just happen to pick up 5 additional Pro Bowlers through the draft and FA between 2005-2006? Well, this is true in most cases, anyway. :chuckle:

tony hipchest
09-05-2007, 09:04 PM

)i sure had no problem discussing allen rossum, now did i? but you conviniently aborted that discussion as soon as i proved with stats and facts that our newfound kick returner was just as bit as good as your newfound kick returner.

it kinda put a screeching halt to all your diatribe and rhetoric in that thread, now didnt it?

anyways, i wont even bother posting a definition of "journeyman" for you, but i will take it as a compliment.

wow. when you were mod, you were more than happy with the triggerfinger to infract me for comments MUCH less personal thin this.

putting personal attacks aside.... whats it to ya with what i do with my money? perhaps i support a handicapped child. maybe i can berely afford to pay for a slow speed internet connection. perhaps im a dumb redneck nascarfan who spends all my money on a 52" plasma screen tv as i live in my dilapidated trailer park. or it could just be that i dont give a damn about what you think.

since youre a bit "spotty" on your definitions, people dont pay for the privilege of posting here. people "contribute" to the site. with that being the criteria, i wouldnt be thumping your chest.

The only reason you dont realise it, is because the Steelers roster are currently filled with players of a similar caliber.deflection at its finest. this is about the patriots woes. the patriots roster is currently filled with players being told to get off the juice before they cause any more distractions.

anyways, if you wanna discuss steelers players, feel free to re enter the rossum trade thread that you ran away from with your tail between your legs.

LOL

tony hipchest
09-05-2007, 09:10 PM
I don't know about Aaron Smith being a journeyman Dlineman...Smith is often looked as the best 3-4 DE in the NFL....lol I think 34 career sacks is pretty good for a 3-4 D ....Plus the guy is a monster against the run and since 2001 he has a 1/2 sack more then Richard Seymour....

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/whap.jpg

billybob
09-05-2007, 09:16 PM
we will see once the season is underway.and i'm thinkin take your stupid attitude back to boston.come on to our sight and post something so biased and ludicrous.what nerve you have,and are about to lose.good god all-mighty

MasterOfPuppets
09-05-2007, 09:22 PM
http://http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/1804/batmanmz6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

ShutDown24
09-05-2007, 09:33 PM
LITP, Smith has just as much if not more respect than Seymore amongst responsible and knowledgable sports guys... Seymore is just a bigger name...

I will compare personnel right now.

QB: Winner: Pats - Brady has three rings Ben has one.

RB: Winner: Pittsburgh. It's close but Maroney had one decent year and has been nothing but one big injury sense. Don't even try and disagree with that. Parker has more seasons under his belt and is a more proven back.

WR: Winner: Patriots: The Patriots win hands down here but... What good is it spending cash on WR's if Brady can complete just as many passes to mediocre receivers as he can to elites???

TE: Winner: EQUAL: Kyle Brady, old and slow. Tuman, old and slow. Watson, good receiver, lacks blocking. Miller, good receiver decent blocking. Wild card: Spaeth.

O-line: Winner: Patriots: The line is proven and while the Stillirs line may be as talented, they are not as proven looking back at last year and with the new starters.

FB: Steelers: No doubt, Evans is great but Kreider is elite.

D-Line: Equal: Hampton is incredible, Smith is great, Kiesiel doesn't get nearly enough respect. He is almost as versatile as your newly added toy Thomas. Seymore is an injury risk but great. DT's arn't big names but are good. Ty Warren is viewed diffrenty by many diffrent people but he is good too.

LBers: Patriots: For the next year or so atleast until Timmons and Woodley explode (which will happen) and the Pats old core retires New England has it here.

Safties: Equal: Polamalu gives any team a top five safty team no matter who he is paired with. Whether it is the smart Clark or hard hitting Smith. Harrison is almost argueably as good as Polamalu but almost doesn't cut it. Don't even try and tell me the NFL's Barry Bonds is anything more than a roleplayer now. Old, experianced but misses game after game and has under-achieved almost every year of his career.

Corners: Patriots until Ike gets back to his old self, then we can talk. The Steelers have great depth at corner but the starters don't match up well enough to make an arguement.

there is your side by side compariosn, everything is fair unbiased it's hard to argue against anything that I have said. It is very fair and in some cases generous to the Patriots. I gave most positions on the Pats benefit of the doubt simply out of past performance (TE, Safty)

So lets see...

Steelers win 3 and Patriots win 5... 3 are equal... In two or three years the Steelers have 5 and the Pats have three... Close enough to keep a game between the two more than competetive. For all the attention the Patriots get they should win every single match up. I am not saying it's their fault they are overrated, just that the media makes so much of a fuss over the widley bandwaggoned team that they need to win every match up give or take one to deserve it. That is a more than fair evealuation.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-05-2007, 09:45 PM
I think the Pats WRs are nothing to scream about even with the additions they made.......Ok Randy Moss isn't Moss of 1998 and quit on his former team for the last two years...Is he just going to magically turn it on again like many think he will? I don't know about that and his hamstring injury this pre-season is something that could linger.....As for Donte "Hamstring" Stallworth.....He will get hurt again this year....He always does...lol I do like Wes Welker though....

Yes Hines Ward is aging but he is still productive and doesn't quit on his teams like Moss.....I think Santonio Holmes is a budding star in the NFL and has more upside then any of the Pats WRs......I also like the potential of Nate Washington....I don't think he will ever be a super star...But I think he is a solid number 3 and still growing as a player....Ced Wilson is a good 4th WR if Nate is 3rd.....

ShutDown24
09-05-2007, 10:27 PM
The point is Black@Gold, even if the Patriots WR's are better they are spending too much money on a position that doesn't win championships very often. If they had added Welker for the slot, kept Caldwell and developed Chad Jackson on the outside they could have locked Samuel up for years and signed some players at positions where they needed it more. They are looking at the short term instead of the long term which is very uncharacteristic of the team.

I would much rather have Samuel signed for years and get some better defensive players at a few positions to make their defense completely elite. I guess that is a matter of opinion though. If they want to be the Colts all of a sudden than it's their choice but I would much rather take last years offense with a better defense than the other way around. Like I said though, the NFL is a copy cat league and the Colts won the SB last year with a stellar wide receiving core and falshy offense so... It's easy to see how a hungry team like the Patriots would be so influenced by anothers success.

tony hipchest
09-06-2007, 11:49 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/09/04/snap.judgments/index.html

We're not ready to call and put the kibosh on the Super Bowl parade planned for downtown Boston just yet, but by anyone's estimation it was a tough weekend for the Team That Cannot Lose This Season.

Even before they've played a game, the Patriots, my Super Bowl pick since May, find themselves dealing with a couple of big losses. Their best defensive player, lineman Richard Seymour, is on the physically unable to perform list for six weeks with a surgically repaired knee that some fear may plague him all season. Their secondary's emotional leader, safety Rodney Harrison, has been humbled and placed on the shelf for four games after being suspended by the league for reportedly using human growth hormone. (More on both of those issues later).

New England also has a starting cornerback who just reported a week ago (Asante Samuel), a deep-threat receiver who missed all of August with a tender hammy (Randy Moss), and just two of their nine-man draft class on their final 53-man roster (first-round defensive back Brandon Meriweather and fourth-round defensive lineman Kareem Brown). Neither look particularly likely to make much of an early impact. Oh, and by the way, the Patriots cut their leading receiver from last season, Reche Caldwell.

It has been a newsy and unsettling few days in Foxboro for the presumed 2007 front-runner. But that's why the NFL is so intriguing. The league consistently finds a way to make us reconfigure our perceptions, sometimes rendering them hopelessly out of date even before they're tested for accuracy on the field.

At the moment, we're forced to admit the Patriots don't appear quite the juggernaut they did just a few days ago. The good news is that we're already on the clock, and the season has, in essence, begun. Everything from here on in counts, and perceptions will soon give way to reality. The story of the 2007 Patriots, and every other NFL team, is about to unfold.

• Did you know Harrison was voted the Patriots' 2006 Ed Block Courage Award winner by his teammates, in recognition of "the player who best exemplifies the principles of courage and sportsmanship while also serving as a source of inspiration?'' :chuckle:

Those words ring a bit empty today, don't they?

Black@Gold Forever32
09-06-2007, 11:53 AM
Whats funny when the Pats signed Thomas, signed Stallworth, traded for Welker and Moss...I didn't think they were the automatic to win it all....I still think they win their division no problem but not the favorite to win it all.....

I have been arguing with my brother since the Moss trade....Ever since Randy joined the Pats he has thought the football season was already over....I need to show him this article...lol

Livinginthe past
09-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Lets trade articles..and mine is closer to the truth...because I said so.

RESENTMENT OF PATS INFLUENCING RUMORS?

We've noticed a trend as the 2007 season approaches. It appears to us that plenty of league insiders are resenting the fact that the media has already crowned the asses of the New England Patriots.

We say that because there really has been a lot of chatter of late about the Pats, who enter the 2007 season as most peoples' favorites to win it all. As one source explained it, the media has built the Patriots into the best team ever assembled.

So maybe good, old-fashioned human nature has taken root in some league circles, causing folks to focus on anything negative that they can find -- and possibly prompting them to make some stuff up, if need be.

Perhaps that's the explanation for rumors that receiver Randy Moss was possibly going to be cut, or that defensive end Richard Seymour might not play at all this year.

"I would say that things are not as smooth as people expected in Foxboro," another source observed over the weekend, as we detected a hint of glee in the e-mail containing said observation.

Some of it is legitimate -- the Rodney Harrison suspension, the scramble for a punter after the Todd Saurberun contract gaffe, the Moss hamstring injury and his reputation for being moody and selfish, and the definite absence of Seymour for at least six weeks. But it could be that the rumor mill is exaggerating the negative when it comes to New England, since folks who work for one of the other 31 teams would like nothing more than to see the Patriots fail.

None of this changes the fact that there were rumors that Moss would possibly cut, or that there are rumors that Seymour might not play at all this year. But we think it's important to consider the factors that could be fueling the scuttlebutt. With all ears anxious to hear something that might make it harder for the pre-determined winners of Super Bowl XLII to fulfill their destiny, any rumors that emerge must be considered with that reality in mind.

Making stuff up about the Patriots.....?

Exaggerating the negative?

Well..jeez...we've had one guy doing that for as long as I've been here....truly Tony you are ahead of your time ;wink02:

Livinginthe past
09-06-2007, 02:31 PM
http://http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/1804/batmanmz6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Awwww.

Thats cute the way you mimic whatever Tony does...you see him kinda like an older brother, right?

Or something else....?? :cheer:

Livinginthe past
09-06-2007, 02:33 PM
we will see once the season is underway.and i'm thinkin take your stupid attitude back to boston.come on to our sight and post something so biased and ludicrous.what nerve you have,and are about to lose.good god all-mighty

Im not from Boston.

ShutDown24
09-06-2007, 02:35 PM
A very smart football guy once said this... "If your going to crown them, crown them." Lol ok Dennis Green may not be considered a VERY smart football guy but non the less... That's what the media did... They crowned the Bears much too early and forgot about the Colts... The media has now crowned the Patriots... This league runs on trends... Last year Miami signed a ton of big names and flopped... Plenty of examples of the same thing happend before last year... Everytime the team gained a ton of media attention... That's what the Patriots are this year. Whether your article is true or not, the 'dynasty' is desperate and it shows.

Preacher
09-06-2007, 02:42 PM

Well..jeez...we've had one guy doing that for as long as I've been here....truly Tony you are ahead of your time ;wink02:

You know LITP...

I actually enjoyed posting with you for quite some time, I was respectful of you when you were a mod, and thought you stepped down admirably.

However lately, you are descending into just being another :troll:

Its not the fact you take the Pats side... I expect that. It is your haughty, all knowing, all seeing attitude.

You know, we really aren't as blessed you may think we are by your presence.

Please. Give it a rest.

fansince'76
09-06-2007, 02:46 PM
C'mon guys, let's chill a bit here. Thanks.

rbryan
09-06-2007, 03:02 PM

Whose making up stuff about the Patsies ??? Besides you of course. You spend half your life punching a time clock at this rumor mill. Are your feelings hurt because people are already jumping off the bandwagon before the season even starts? (BTW,the preseason polls don't mean anything in professional football, only college.Thats why they play the games) Do you take satisfaction from being the preseason favorite? So much so that you're upset when suddenly you don't seem to be in EVERYONES eyes.

Livinginthe past
09-06-2007, 03:05 PM
LITP, Smith has just as much if not more respect than Seymore amongst responsible and knowledgable sports guys... Seymore is just a bigger name...

I will compare personnel right now.

Let me say right off the bat that this post is in totally the wrong thread - we dont really do unbiased, balanced like this in the BF :wink02:

The original OP was of such a ridiculous nature (basically an extended gossip column masquerading as footballing critique) that I felt it only fair to respond in a similar fashion.

Then someone comes along (its happened before) and posts something credible and well thought out and im forced to switch back to Mr Reasonable.

QB: Winner: Pats - Brady has three rings Ben has one.

Fair comment. I know it was more than a year ago but Bens ability in the clutch was something that stuck out for me in his first couple of years.

RB: Winner: Pittsburgh. It's close but Maroney had one decent year and has been nothing but one big injury sense. Don't even try and disagree with that. Parker has more seasons under his belt and is a more proven back.

Yah. I give it to Pittsburgh WP by quite a distance at this point - I have high hopes for maroney but thats all they are at this moment in time.

WR: Winner: Patriots: The Patriots win hands down here but... What good is it spending cash on WR's if Brady can complete just as many passes to mediocre receivers as he can to elites???

The thing is, the Patriots havent actually spent that much cash on the WR's - two of the guys are on short term everyone's-a-winner deals and Welker is about as perfect for the Patriots scheme as is possible.

The idea in spending that cash on Stallworth and Moss is to give the offense a genuine deep threat ability - teams were forever cheating up to the LOS all last year knowing that Caldwell/Gaffney/Brown were unlikely to burn them deep.

Welker is worth every penny if he converts as many 3rd downs as I hope.

TE: Winner: EQUAL: Kyle Brady, old and slow. Tuman, old and slow. Watson, good receiver, lacks blocking. Miller, good receiver decent blocking. Wild card: Spaeth.

Thats fair enough too. Miller is definitely a playmaker but I still have my doubts as to how much Pittsburgh really wants to use him as a pass catching threat. Watson took a pretty large step up this year (while being double teamed every game) and I think that will continue.

O-line: Winner: Patriots: The line is proven and while the Stillirs line may be as talented, they are not as proven looking back at last year and with the new starters.

For sure. The Patriots O-line is very comfortable with itself right now. I;d like to see a little more power in the run blocking..but they definitely have the edge.

FB: Steelers: No doubt, Evans is great but Kreider is elite.

Sure I like Kreider and he is one of the premier blocking FB's in the NFL..and thats all Pittsburgh want him to do.

The Patriots expect Evans to carry the rock a few extra times and catch a few passes..but then he isnt as good a blocker as Kreider..horses for courses.

D-Line: Equal: Hampton is incredible, Smith is great, Kiesiel doesn't get nearly enough respect. He is almost as versatile as your newly added toy Thomas. Seymore is an injury risk but great. DT's arn't big names but are good. Ty Warren is viewed diffrenty by many diffrent people but he is good too.

Sorry. Our 1st major disagreement. The Patriots D-line is the best in the NFL by some distance with teams that play the 3-4.

Ty Warren was our MVP last year on the line, and Wilfork looks like he is lined up for a breakout year and Seymour is great when he's in.

Jarvis Green would start for a lot of teams in the NFL and he got 7.5 sacks as a back-up last year.

Our depth and talent is unrivalled.

LBers: Patriots: For the next year or so atleast until Timmons and Woodley explode (which will happen) and the Pats old core retires New England has it here.

Agreed. The patriots are better but are only going to head in one direction with this current unit - down. I think they'll be very effective this year of they can avoid catastrophic injuries.

Safties: Equal: Polamalu gives any team a top five safty team no matter who he is paired with. Whether it is the smart Clark or hard hitting Smith. Harrison is almost argueably as good as Polamalu but almost doesn't cut it. Don't even try and tell me the NFL's Barry Bonds is anything more than a roleplayer now. Old, experianced but misses game after game and has under-achieved almost every year of his career.

I'll give the edge here to the Steelers - Polamalu is the best of the bunch by some distance on either side.

Rodney is great..wheh he is on the field..which is increasingly rarely.

Eugene Wilson/ Merriweather/ Sanders have a slight edge over Clark/Smith but not enough to cancel out the advantge of having Troy.

Corners: Patriots until Ike gets back to his old self, then we can talk. The Steelers have great depth at corner but the starters don't match up well enough to make an arguement.

Yup. Patriots here. I like our top 3 Samuel, Hobbs and Gay - im praying they can stay fit.

there is your side by side compariosn, everything is fair unbiased it's hard to argue against anything that I have said. It is very fair and in some cases generous to the Patriots. I gave most positions on the Pats benefit of the doubt simply out of past performance (TE, Safty)

So lets see...

Steelers win 3 and Patriots win 5... 3 are equal... In two or three years the Steelers have 5 and the Pats have three... Close enough to keep a game between the two more than competetive. For all the attention the Patriots get they should win every single match up. I am not saying it's their fault they are overrated, just that the media makes so much of a fuss over the widley bandwaggoned team that they need to win every match up give or take one to deserve it. That is a more than fair evealuation.

Agreed. Like I say..too fair for the BF.

Anyhow, the winning every game thing is an absolute fallacy - to have a 14-2, 15-1 or even a 13-3 season you need to have alot of things go your way.

What the media has suceeded in doing is taking the bullseye off the Colts and giving it to the Patriots.

For a team that tries to keep everything low key, it seems a bit unfortunate.

HometownGal
09-06-2007, 03:05 PM

This coming from a fan of the team in the worst division in the AFC and one of the worst in the NFL? :jawdrop: Hell - the Pittsburgh Passion would probably be division champs in that league if the Patsies were in another division.

Livinginthe past
09-06-2007, 03:08 PM
You know LITP...

I actually enjoyed posting with you for quite some time, I was respectful of you when you were a mod, and thought you stepped down admirably.

Its not the fact you take the Pats side... I expect that. It is your haughty, all knowing, all seeing attitude.

Please. Give it a rest.

Hey Preacher,

With all due respect - give it a rest yourself.

For some reason you seem bothered by what I write, i've gone out of my way to keep this one in the BF, if you don't like it -ignore it.

If you can't ignore it - then maybe its time you took a break yourself.

If I come across as haughty and all-knowing - then I guess I don't really care how I come across.

Take my advice, save your preaching for someone who gives a crap about your opinion.

Livinginthe past
09-06-2007, 03:09 PM
This coming from a fan of the team in the worst division in the AFC and one of the worst in the NFL? :jawdrop: Hell - the Pittsburgh Passion would probably be division champs in that league if the Patsies were in another division.

Rubbish!

The AFCE has been the strongest division in football at getting to the playoffs and winning games in recent history.

Aside from the Steelers the AFCN has been....pathetic.

ps I laughed at the Pittsburgh passion bit..that was pretty good :wink02:

MasterOfPuppets
09-06-2007, 04:09 PM
Awwww.

Thats cute the way you mimic whatever Tony does...you see him kinda like an older brother, right?

Or something else....?? :cheer:
whats really cute is the way you mimic being a patriot bandwagon fan. oh wait ...i forgot you hopped on thier wagon, because they have ..."england" ...in thier name...i'm sure it had nothing to do with them winning superbowls about the time you decided to take an interest in the nfl. ( which was what 4,5,6 years ago?) i guess you had to do a lot of reading and studying up on the game to figure it all out. but it sure has paid off !!! you've got to be the most football savvy person on the planet. :yawn: hell, i'd even go so far as to say if you had ever touched a football (not the round version) or even played the game (even at an unorganized level ), you could be the greatest coach of all time !!! :scratchchin: that gives me an idea !!! i'm gonna read up on soccer...pick the most recent champion ....get on a european message board of an imposing team...and spew all of my new found knowledge ,and pass it off as original thought !!!:thumbsup: they'll have no choice but to admire and respect me....:shake01:

Livinginthe past
09-06-2007, 04:13 PM
whats really cute is the way you mimic being a patriot bandwagon fan. oh wait ...i forgot you hopped on thier wagon, because they have ..."england" ...in thier name...i'm sure it had nothing to do with them winning superbowls about the time you decided to take an interest in the nfl. ( which was what 4,5,6 years ago?) i guess you had to do a lot of reading and studying up on the game to figure it all out. but it sure has paid off !!! you've got to be the most football savvy person on the planet. :yawn: hell, i'd even go so far as to say if you had ever touched a football (not the round version) or even played the game (even at an unorganized level ), you could be the greatest coach of all time !!! :scratchchin: that gives me an idea !!! i'm gonna read up on soccer...pick the most recent champion ....get on a european message board of an imposing team...and spew all of my new found knowledge ,and pass it off as original thought !!!:thumbsup: they'll have no choice but to admire and respect me....:shake01:

I'll be honest and say i didnt really read much of that...you caught me by surprise by actually posting something without Tony posting the same thing first!!

MasterOfPuppets
09-06-2007, 04:48 PM
I'll be honest and say i didnt really read much of that...you caught me by surprise by actually posting something without Tony posting the same thing first!!
doesn't suprise me....it's pretty common for people in denial to avoid the truth...:coffee:
as tony would say....."deflection at its best"

Preacher
09-06-2007, 04:49 PM
Hey Preacher,

With all due respect - give it a rest yourself.

I was just pointing out something I have noticed.... that is all.

For some reason you seem bothered by what I write, i've gone out of my way to keep this one in the BF, if you don't like it -ignore it.

For the most part yes... which is more then I can say about most Bengal fans....

If you can't ignore it - then maybe its time you took a break yourself.

Its that accent... It hard to ignore anything that sounds like Ozzy Osbourne.. and all brits sound like Ozzy don't they?

If I come across as haughty and all-knowing - then I guess I don't really care how I come across.

That's about normal for a pat's fan... !!

Take my advice, save your preaching for someone who gives a crap about your opinion.

Trust me... This aint preaching.... Just an observation. thats all.

Maybe you just realized that Camilla is now part of the royal family... I don't know... I have just noticed a difference.

Preacher
09-06-2007, 04:51 PM
C'mon guys, let's chill a bit here. Thanks.

Chill? CHILL!!!

Yeah.. it has been a hundred degrees in Napa for a couple of weeks!!!

Please... show me how to chil!!

:sofunny::sofunny:

MasterOfPuppets
09-06-2007, 05:13 PM
I

Maybe you just realized that Camilla is now part of the royal family... I don't know... I have just noticed a difference. actually preach, i think his pompous, arrogant attitude, and attempts to pass himself off as a superior intellect, are direct results of an inferior complex.it could be that he hails from a country that is viewed around the world ,as our, "lap dog", is the root cause.:coffee: psychology 101

tony hipchest
09-06-2007, 05:23 PM
doesn't suprise me....it's pretty common for people in denial to avoid the truth...:coffee:

:chuckle:

and now for some more "gossip"-

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/09/05/childress.ap/index.html

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) -- Vikings coach Brad Childress is the typical tight-lipped NFL coach, but he opened up on a radio interview last weekend. And Childress revealed an apparently tense conversation he had with Patriots coach Bill Belichick about a couple of players each team wanted to pass through waivers and put on the practice squad.

Childress said Belichick called to ask him not to claim tight end Garrett Mills, offering to avoid picking up a player the Vikings cut as a reward. Childress declined. :jawdrop:

"He didn't really care for that," Childress said Sunday morning on WCCO-AM. "He was trying to leverage, but you always find out who is honest and straightforward."

what a pathetic worm. thats pretty desperate to have to beg other teams coaches to not pick your practice squad players.

ShutDown24
09-06-2007, 05:23 PM
Preacher has a point. LITP is condescending and does come on like he thinks he is a superior being. You are free to post what you want here pretty much but it's all the time the past week or so. Whatever though... It's the posters choice how he/she wants to act.

EDIT: Just read TH's last post... How disgusting. I respect Childress a ton and hold him higher than a lot of coaches in this league. The more Belichick's peers talk the more we find out about is real personality. Mangenius proves to be a great coach and he can't stand it. He punches camera men because much like the Patriots rep. on this board he thinks he is better than them. He has bad influences on his team (Last years win over the Chargers, LT was completely correct)... We could go on and on at this point... I'll go as far as to say he is becoming the coach’s version of what T.O. has been. Much smaller scale but coaches are not supposed to do some of the highly immature things this guy does. Winning is great, but it's no excuse for being a bad guy.

X-Terminator
09-06-2007, 05:40 PM
You know LITP...

Please. Give it a rest.

Well, this IS the Blast Furnace, Preach, so he's going to chafe a few asses. Such is the nature of smack talk. So long as he doesn't go overboard or pull a "kiss_my_stripes" - and doesn't take it to the general forums - it's fine. So have some fun with it and give it back to him...or not - your choice. I'm sure I'll have more than a few things to say to him in here, such as the fact that that bunch of PAPER CHAMPIONS he roots for haven't won a damn thing yet, but hey - no harm, no foul! :wink02:

Livinginthe past
09-06-2007, 05:40 PM

I see...'as Tony would say...'

Too.

Easy.

Rah Rah Rahhhhh :cheer:

Try and find your own identity, you are doing yourself a disservice playing the part of a cut-price TH.

Livinginthe past
09-06-2007, 05:42 PM
actually preach, i think his pompous, arrogant attitude, and attempts to pass himself off as a superior intellect, are direct results of an inferior complex.it could be that he hails from a country that is viewed around the world ,as our, "lap dog", is the root cause.:coffee: psychology 101

.........as Tony would say. :cheer:

Livinginthe past
09-06-2007, 05:45 PM
:chuckle:

and now for some more "gossip"-

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/09/05/childress.ap/index.html

what a pathetic worm. thats pretty desperate to have to beg other teams coaches to not pick your practice squad players.

What a worm.

Ha ha.

Its only because our practice squad players are better than anything Minny actually has on its roster.

Im surprised they didnt try and pick up a D player - they were made to look very second rate against the Patriots last year - or maybe they just had a second rate defensive co-ord.

Wonder if that guy will ever get a HC coaching gig...nah..that team would have to be desperate.

Livinginthe past
09-06-2007, 05:48 PM
Winning is great, but it's no excuse for being a bad guy.

I'll let Vince take this one.

Over to you, Vince.

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

Thanks, Vince.

Livinginthe past
09-06-2007, 05:50 PM
Well, this IS the Blast Furnace, Preach, so he's going to chafe a few asses. Such is the nature of smack talk. So long as he doesn't go overboard or pull a "kiss_my_stripes" - and doesn't take it to the general forums - it's fine. So have some fun with it and give it back to him...or not - your choice. I'm sure I'll have more than a few things to say to him in here, such as the fact that that bunch of PAPER CHAMPIONS he roots for haven't won a damn thing yet, but hey - no harm, no foul! :wink02:

Grrr. Paper Champions?

Thats unfair - i've seen 'em crowned on my computer screen too!

tony hipchest
09-06-2007, 05:51 PM
Try and find your own identity, you are doing yourself a disservice playing the part of a cut-price TH.

...says the cut-price belidick.

i guess being considered a prick amongst ones peers is a sign of a champion though. :thumbsup:

Livinginthe past
09-06-2007, 05:54 PM
...says the cut-price belidick.

i guess being considered a prick amongst ones peers is a sign of a champion though. :thumbsup:

Stickin up for your twink?

Cuter and cuter.

I would say MOP is a big boy and can look after himself....but lying just aint in my nature!

Being a cutprice version of a sure-fire HOF football coach sure has to be a step up on being a cutprice version of you though....right?

So..thanks.

tony hipchest
09-06-2007, 06:17 PM
i dont know. im pretty sure i get laid more than belichick.

and now for some more gossip:

according to espn's sportscenter brady missed paractice time due to his "chronic" shoulder injury.

ouch. that must hurt.

your welcome

Black@Gold Forever32
09-06-2007, 06:27 PM
What a worm.

Ha ha.

Its only because our practice squad players are better than anything Minny actually has on its roster.

Im surprised they didnt try and pick up a D player - they were made to look very second rate against the Patriots last year - or maybe they just had a second rate defensive co-ord.

Wonder if that guy will ever get a HC coaching gig...nah..that team would have to be desperate.

Ok the Steelers havn't been desperate organization for some time...Plus I think the Rooney's know how to pick head coaches since this is the Steelers 3rd HC in 30 some years...lol I think I'll take their opinion on Tomlin over yours Nigel.....lol

Livinginthe past
09-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Ok the Steelers havn't been desperate organization for some time...Plus I think the Rooney's know how to pick head coaches since this is the Steelers 3rd HC in 30 some years...lol I think I'll take their opinion on Tomlin over yours Nigel.....lol

Well...if you're sure?

All I can say is that, should you ever decide to take my opinion over the Rooney's then my door is always open to you! :cheers:

Livinginthe past
09-06-2007, 06:35 PM
i dont know. im pretty sure i get laid more than belichick.

and now for some more gossip:

according to espn's sportscenter brady missed paractice time due to his "chronic" shoulder injury.

ouch. that must hurt.

your welcome

Yeah.

Bill is like flypaper to women...married, single...they are all helpless - underneath that drab exterior beats the heart of a ravenous lothario.

Never judge a book by its cover..especially if its sleeves are cut off at the elbow.

Brady won a couple of SB's with that shoulder - I think its in pretty good nick.

tony hipchest
09-06-2007, 06:38 PM
What a worm.

Ha ha.

not half as desperate as someone who would actually post this drivel.

So the Vikings claimed Mills, the Patriots claimed linebacker David Herron, and Childress later realized he said too much.

:toofunny: - good luck with your vikings defender. geeze, things are worse off in patsland than i initially suspected.

claiming a vikings backer????? :sofunny::sofunny::sofunny: then again, after the colts made them look like a 2nd rate defense i guess they feel they can use all the help they can get.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-06-2007, 06:40 PM
Well...if you're sure?

All I can say is that, should you ever decide to take my opinion over the Rooney's then my door is always open to you! :cheers:

You don't have to try and belittle me Nigel.......All I was saying the Rooney's have a good track record in picking HCs.....So I'm confident that Tomlin will make a good HC.....You called Tomlin a second rate DC............I didn't know you had a history of picking coaches like the Rooneys?:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

tony hipchest
09-06-2007, 06:52 PM
Yeah.

Brady won a couple of SB's with that shoulder - I think its in pretty good nick.thank goodness for the willingness to cheat and HGH. is nick the guy who supplies the drugs?

ShutDown24
09-06-2007, 07:02 PM
A second rate DC? Your opinion is officially worthless in my mind now England. Tomlin turned that Minnesota defense into one of the best in the league and revived Pat Williams career.

Preacher
09-06-2007, 08:44 PM
Does anyone else wonder if the Whole Tony vs Nigel thing is a ruse to up post counts?

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofu nny:

Livinginthe past
09-07-2007, 01:55 AM
A second rate DC? Your opinion is officially worthless in my mind now England. Tomlin turned that Minnesota defense into one of the best in the league and revived Pat Williams career.

Yeah right.

One dimensional - they totally sold out on stopping the run (NFL rank No.1) and were awful against the pass (NFL rank - joint last).

How does that make them 'one of the best in the league'?

Fact is, it doesn't.

Fact is, you're wrong.

Again.

If I were you i'd stick to evaluating the Patriots strengths - you seem stronger in that area :wink02:

MasterOfPuppets
09-07-2007, 02:49 AM
Stickin up for your twink?

Cuter and cuter.

I would say MOP is a big boy and can look after himself....but lying just aint in my nature!

Being a cutprice version of a sure-fire HOF football coach sure has to be a step up on being a cutprice version of you though....right?

So..thanks.
maybe lying isn't in your nature,but it appears fantasizing about homosexuality is. we know nigel...its not your fault you are the way you are. after all what chance did you have? growing up watching a gay sport with guys running around in knee highs and daisy duke shorts...:shake02: but nigel pretending to be a "real" football fan isn't going to change who you are, so you should just embrace it, and go back to soccer.

tony hipchest
09-07-2007, 11:01 PM
more make believe gossip:

http://www.nfl.com/kickoff/story?id=09000d5d802215d4&template=without-video&confirm=true

Manning making his case over Brady
By Vic Carucci | NFL.com
INDIANAPOLIS -- Has the debate ended before it even began?

Has Peyton Manning removed even the tiniest doubt that anyone might have that he is the very best quarterback in the NFL?

After watching him throw for 288 yards and three touchdowns in his first game of the season, I'm inclined to think so.

Tom Brady, who is the only other quarterback worthy of being in the discussion, is still awaiting his turn to show off the 2007 edition of his [bum] (can anyone say bens toes) throwing arm in a revamped passing attack.

Before the Sept. 6 season-opener at the RCA Dome, Brady was my favorite to become the league's offensive MVP. I'm beginning to have second thoughts. [join the club, vic.]

The leaves are still green, yet Manning and the rest of the Indianapolis Colts' offense are well into midseason form. Sure, that was the Saints' defense they obliterated for 452 yards and 34 of their 41 points. Allowing too many big plays was a problem for New Orleans in 2006, and nothing has changed on that count.

Still, what Manning did against the New Orleans Saints was almost beyond comprehension. [what manning has done since being in the league is almost beyond comprehension, vic]

After shaking off a little bit of rust he accumulated during an incredibly busy post-Super Bowl-championship offseason, he completed passes practically at will. Manning made his two touchdown throws to Reggie Wayne and one to Marvin Harrison look effortless. Ditto for the way he found Dallas Clark down the seam.

And he did it in typical Manning fashion. He stepped up to the line, correctly read the defense's intentions, and almost always selected the right play to exploit it. When he saw the Saints were playing two-deep zone coverage, he simply handed off to Joseph Addai, who sliced his way to a 118-yard, 5.1-yards-per-carry night. When Addai's running forced the Saints to do more blitzing and use a single safety in coverage while crowding the line of scrimmage, Manning simply looked for the open receiver.

Manning, his receivers, and Addai look as if they're playing many levels above everyone else. That includes the Saints’ Drew Brees, who threw for a league-best 4,418 yards in 2006. He couldn’t break 200 yards against the Colts’ defense, was intercepted twice (with one returned for a touchdown), and lost a fumble.

On Sept. 9, Brady and his receivers -- especially newcomers Donte' Stallworth, Wes Welker, and Randy Moss (if he's healthy enough to play) -- get their chance to show what they can do against the New York Jets. Brady certainly could match or even top Manning's numbers. But with former Patriots defensive coordinator Eric Mangini coaching the Jets, Brady is always in for a challenge when matching football wits with someone who knows him and his scheme as well as anyone outside of the New England dressing room.

Brady is exceptionally talented and every bit as cerebral as Manning. Yes, Brady has three Super Bowl rings to Manning's one. But this argument is about which is the superior player at the game's most important position.

Although they are even in most quarterbacking categories, Manning creates separation as a pure passer. [welcome to the world of the obvious, vic.] Manning also has had multiple years to develop his virtually perfect synchronization with his best receivers. On the other hand, Brady has had an offseason and preseason to get familiar with Stallworth, Welker, and (to some extent) Moss.

-"a star qb who is obviously jealous of the $$$ manning makes and the accolades he receives":

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/peytonandtom.jpg[/QUOTE]

ShutDown24
09-07-2007, 11:12 PM
Yeah right.

One dimensional - they totally sold out on stopping the run (NFL rank No.1) and were awful against the pass (NFL rank - joint last).

How does that make them 'one of the best in the league'?

Fact is, it doesn't.

Fact is, you're wrong.

Again.

If I were you i'd stick to evaluating the Patriots strengths - you seem stronger in that area :wink02:

Fred Smoot... Does that name mean anything to you?...

Manning is certainley making a case as the article you provided suggests Tony... If he were to win another SB I think he would surpass Brady in most minds as a better QB...

tony hipchest
09-07-2007, 11:29 PM
If he were to win another SB I think he would surpass Brady in most minds as a better QB...and i think brady is much more mature and could handle this alot better than most patfans. its definitely a burr in their saddle.

:yeehaw:

rbryan
09-07-2007, 11:52 PM
maybe lying isn't in your nature,but it appears fantasizing about homosexuality is. we know nigel...its not your fault you are the way you are. after all what chance did you have? growing up watching a gay sport with guys running around in knee highs and daisy duke shorts...:shake02: but nigel pretending to be a "real" football fan isn't going to change who you are, so you should just embrace it, and go back to soccer.

Ur killing me lol. If I new it was this easy to shut him up, I would have called him out earlier. Remind me not to get on ur bad side.

Livinginthe past
09-08-2007, 08:03 AM
Fred Smoot... Does that name mean anything to you?...

Sure it does.

Overpaid, over-rated cornerback - makes perfect sense he'd find himself at home in Washington....again.

Lets have a look at fred's outstanding stats - 11 passes defenced and 3 interceptions...in TWO YEARS(!) as a Viking.

Then again its a team game and you can't always judge a player on his personal performance - which is why it should be noted that the great Fred Smoot was part of the Vikes Burnt Toast brigade that finished dead last in pass defense in 2006 - remind me why you even mentioned this guys name?

Mind you, that probably looks good when compared to Pittsburgh's premier CB - Ike Taylors embarrassingly poor 4 INT's in 4 years - yeah, it really is that bad.

Its not like teams avoid throwing at him either - rocks for hands....rocks for a brain.

Livinginthe past
09-08-2007, 08:05 AM
Ur killing me lol. If I new it was this easy to shut him up, I would have called him out earlier. Remind me not to get on ur bad side.

Yup.

Thats all to takes - start some 'soccer smack' in a football forum - thats real winner.

Sign of desperation, more like.

I know I got a guy beat when he reverts to English stereotypes.

So if it helps you feel like you aren't getting beat up - feel free to make as many jibes about tea, gay soccer, cucumber sandwiches and whatever else you have learnt about us from watching the Simpsons :wink02:

Its all been done before.

Livinginthe past
09-08-2007, 08:07 AM
more make believe gossip:

http://www.nfl.com/kickoff/story?id=09000d5d802215d4&template=without-video&confirm=true

-"a star qb who is obviously jealous of the $$$ manning makes and the accolades he receives":

Sure.

We got the second best QB in the NFL.....at worst.

Thats a real crying shame.

QB smack from the fan of a team whole QB threw more INT's than TD's last year?

Whose QB single handedly gave Oakland one of its TWO WINS! :toofunny:

Its like a Browns fan trying to lay the smack down on Willie Parker by adopting LaDainian Tomlinson as his own.

Sad.

Tankus_Maximus
09-08-2007, 10:09 AM
Yup.

Thats all to takes - start some 'soccer smack' in a football forum - thats real winner.

Sign of desperation, more like.

I know I got a guy beat when he reverts to English stereotypes.

So if it helps you feel like you aren't getting beat up - feel free to make as many jibes about tea, gay soccer, cucumber sandwiches and whatever else you have learnt about us from watching the Simpsons :wink02:

Its all been done before.

Don't forget the Mr. Belvedere references! the pip-pip-cheerio's! the bad teeth! and driving on the wrong side of the road!

From the country that gave us the Sex Pistols & Black Sabbath, you really do them a disservice with that nose-in-the-air attitude of yours Nigel. Somewhere, Sid Vicious is rolling over into his grave (again).

You guys actually eat cucumber sandwiches?? There's a gay innuendo in there somewhere, but I'll just leave that one alone, there's been enough gay-bashing on you so far.

Cumcumber sandwiches? That doesn't even sound remotely tasty....gross.

MACH1
09-08-2007, 10:46 AM
I believe they have some kind of cake called spotted dick. :toofunny:

Livinginthe past
09-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Don't forget the Mr. Belvedere references! the pip-pip-cheerio's! the bad teeth! and driving on the wrong side of the road!

From the country that gave us the Sex Pistols & Black Sabbath, you really do them a disservice with that nose-in-the-air attitude of yours Nigel. Somewhere, Sid Vicious is rolling over into his grave (again).

You guys actually eat cucumber sandwiches?? There's a gay innuendo in there somewhere, but I'll just leave that one alone, there's been enough gay-bashing on you so far.

Cumcumber sandwiches? That doesn't even sound remotely tasty....gross.

Didn't you do this about 6/9 months ago?

Because I remember laughing uncontrollably about that sort of time.

Got anything to say about the Patriots, or sticking to a subject closer to your...heart?

tony hipchest
09-08-2007, 11:00 PM
Sure.

We got the second best QB in the NFL.....at worst. of course homer patfans are the LAST ones to figure this out

Thats a real crying shame. :crying01: heres some tissue bro.

QB smack from the fan of a team whole QB threw more INT's than TD's last year? deflection at its finest. what else would i expect. an actual response?

Whose QB single handedly gave Oakland one of its TWO WINS! :toofunny:

Its like a Browns fan trying to lay the smack down on Willie Parker by adopting LaDainian Tomlinson as his own. :huh: that point is like a cat in a jellybean outfit walking into a beehive with mustard on its tongue

Sad. :crying01: seriously dude. tissue is a patfans best friend. its nothing like a browns fan adopting tomlinson as his own (what the hell do you know about brownsfans anyways?)

heres the big difference: steelerfans can easilly admit that tomlinson is the best RB in the NFL even though willie has won more rings and has a SB setting record run that hasnt been broken since marcus allen in the early 80's vs. washington. of course this dates back to a time when red sox and sb humiliation was on the forefront on the majority of patfans minds.

this is how i envision you departing this thread:

Guess which one you are :wink02:

Livinginthe past
09-08-2007, 11:17 PM
its nothing like a browns fan adopting tomlinson as his own (what the hell do you know about brownsfans anyways?)

heres the big difference: steelerfans can easilly admit that tomlinson is the best RB in the NFL even though willie has won more rings and has a SB setting record run that hasnt been broken since marcus allen in the early 80's vs. washington. of course this dates back to a time when red sox and sb humiliation was on the forefront on the majority of patfans minds.

this is how i envision you departing this thread:

Guess which one you are :wink02:

Red Sox?

As a non-baseball fan that doesnt mean much to me (unless you think there really is a bunch of ''patsfans' at this end of the keyboard?).

What im talking about is, using a player from a team neither of us supports to talk smack against a player who is clearly better than anything that the Steelers can call upon.

So yeah, its like me trying to downplay how good Willie is by posting pictures of LT (not ones of him throwing a tantrum after an AFCCG loss at home to the Patriots....still that does hurt, right?).

You need to stop hiding behind players who don't even belong to your team - it just makes you look like you don't have any faith in your own.

Tankus_Maximus
09-09-2007, 10:22 AM
Didn't you do this about 6/9 months ago?

Because I remember laughing uncontrollably about that sort of time.

Got anything to say about the Patriots, or sticking to a subject closer to your...heart?

And if I did, what's your point?? I saw another chance to do it, and took it.

As far as keeping this thread football-related, you're hardly in any position to remind anybody of that, as you're the first person to take a "shot" at somebody when it's NOT football related. So don't get all sensitive when somebody hands you your ass on a plate, Nigel.

It's called Karma, what comes around goes around.

As usual, it's been your pleasure.

Livinginthe past
09-09-2007, 12:39 PM
And if I did, what's your point?? I saw another chance to do it, and took it.

As far as keeping this thread football-related, you're hardly in any position to remind anybody of that, as you're the first person to take a "shot" at somebody when it's NOT football related. So don't get all sensitive when somebody hands you your ass on a plate, Nigel.

It's called Karma, what comes around goes around.

As usual, it's been your pleasure.

Au contraire,

I don't mind at all if you want to waste your time indulging your hilariously ignorant pre-conceptions....just wondering....you know..this being a football forum and all....if you had something to add in that area....?

Tankus_Maximus
09-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Au contraire,

I don't mind at all if you want to waste your time indulging your hilariously ignorant pre-conceptions....just wondering....you know..this being a football forum and all....if you had something to add in that area....?

Awww what's the matter man? Don't like to make personal attacks anymore? Isn't finding a bogus Myspace page, and posting it here funny anymore? Ok, I guess you've learned your lesson about how weak that was.

Since you don't want anymore abuse, I'll keep it to football:

Ok, the point you brought up that really caught my attention earlier on, was comparing Aaron Smith to that of a journeyman D-lineman. That's just not true. Aaron Smith is a stud, pure & simple. There's not much difference between Seymour & Smith (well there is that whole P.U.P thing), and there would be little-to-none dropoff in production between the two. Seymour just gets more publicity cuz of that whole winning 3 rings in 4 years things. Aaron Smith is a throwback, quietly goes about his job stuffing the run, and racking up tackles.

So there, your theory debunked.

Cheerio!

Livinginthe past
09-10-2007, 05:54 AM
Awww what's the matter man? Don't like to make personal attacks anymore? Isn't finding a bogus Myspace page, and posting it here funny anymore? Ok, I guess you've learned your lesson about how weak that was.

Since you don't want anymore abuse, I'll keep it to football:

Ok, the point you brought up that really caught my attention earlier on, was comparing Aaron Smith to that of a journeyman D-lineman. That's just not true. Aaron Smith is a stud, pure & simple. There's not much difference between Seymour & Smith (well there is that whole P.U.P thing), and there would be little-to-none dropoff in production between the two. Seymour just gets more publicity cuz of that whole winning 3 rings in 4 years things. Aaron Smith is a throwback, quietly goes about his job stuffing the run, and racking up tackles.

So there, your theory debunked.

Cheerio!

Wow.

You still got that Myspace thing rattling round in your skull?

I had totally forgotten about it.

As regards Seymour, its weird how that 'winning 3 rings in 4 years thing' can improve peoples opinion of a player isn't it?

Good luck with your 'throwback'.

Tankus_Maximus
09-10-2007, 08:34 AM
Wow.

You still got that Myspace thing rattling round in your skull?

I had totally forgotten about it.

As regards Seymour, its weird how that 'winning 3 rings in 4 years thing' can improve peoples opinion of a player isn't it?

Good luck with your 'throwback'.

I had forgotten about the Myspace thing too, until YOU brought up the 6/9 months ago incident.

Nice try there Nigel, I see you working.

Oh yeah, and that 3 rings in 4 years, cuz Seymour did it all by himself, right?

The guy is NOT Reggie White incarnate, so get it off it.

One more thing, Aaron Smith is NOT a journeyman lineman either. Ted Washington: THAT'S a journeyman D-lineman, Grady Jackson: THAT'S a journeyman D-lineman, Gerrard Warren: not only is that a #1 bust draft pick, but it's ALSO a journeyman D-lineman. Have I fully illustrated what a journeyman D-lineman really is?

If not, feel free to come back to me for further schooling, son.

Livinginthe past
09-10-2007, 09:54 AM
I had forgotten about the Myspace thing too, until YOU brought up the 6/9 months ago incident.

Nice try there Nigel, I see you working.

Oh yeah, and that 3 rings in 4 years, cuz Seymour did it all by himself, right?

The guy is NOT Reggie White incarnate, so get it off it.

One more thing, Aaron Smith is NOT a journeyman lineman either. Ted Washington: THAT'S a journeyman D-lineman, Grady Jackson: THAT'S a journeyman D-lineman, Gerrard Warren: not only is that a #1 bust draft pick, but it's ALSO a journeyman D-lineman. Have I fully illustrated what a journeyman D-lineman really is?

If not, feel free to come back to me for further schooling, son.

So when someone says the phrase '6-9 months' - it automatically triggers memories of Myspace?

Can't say I see the link there myself - but each to their own.

Seymour is a hugely talented cog in the best 3 man D-line in football - luckily we have the sort of depth and talent to cover him in his rare absence (8 games missed in 5 years as regular starter).

I guess maybe I was a little harsh on Aaron Smith - he only looks like a journeymen when you compare him to the behemoths of the New England line.

To answer your question, Seymour didn't do it all by himself - a typically facetious, immature strawman argument as per, he did it with the help of the other members of the best team in football over that period.

Its not as if you didn't get enough close up exposure to that team.

Tankus_Maximus
09-10-2007, 10:50 PM
So when someone says the phrase '6-9 months' - it automatically triggers memories of Myspace?

Can't say I see the link there myself - but each to their own.

Seymour is a hugely talented cog in the best 3 man D-line in football - luckily we have the sort of depth and talent to cover him in his rare absence (8 games missed in 5 years as regular starter).

I guess maybe I was a little harsh on Aaron Smith - he only looks like a journeymen when you compare him to the behemoths of the New England line.

To answer your question, Seymour didn't do it all by himself - a typically facetious, immature strawman argument as per, he did it with the help of the other members of the best team in football over that period.

Its not as if you didn't get enough close up exposure to that team.

Ya got a point there, but you can thank Kordell Stewart for the first AFCCG. You did remember to send him a thank you basket, didn't you?

As for the 2nd AFCCG, well, that was just a rookie QB in the biggest game of his life being fed to the lions.

The only reason the Myspace thing sticks out, is because it was the ONLY nugget of creativity & ingenuity that I've ever seen you crap out!

I'm certain that's been the highlight of your small, sheltered life Nigel. Along with driving on the wrong side of the road, and eating cucumber sandwiches!!

Take it easy bloke!!

Livinginthe past
09-11-2007, 09:22 AM
Ya got a point there, but you can thank Kordell Stewart for the first AFCCG. You did remember to send him a thank you basket, didn't you?

As for the 2nd AFCCG, well, that was just a rookie QB in the biggest game of his life being fed to the lions.

The only reason the Myspace thing sticks out, is because it was the ONLY nugget of creativity & ingenuity that I've ever seen you crap out!

I'm certain that's been the highlight of your small, sheltered life Nigel. Along with driving on the wrong side of the road, and eating cucumber sandwiches!!

Take it easy bloke!!

Heh, you too, man!

tony hipchest
09-12-2007, 08:13 PM

Well..jeez...we've had one guy doing that for as long as I've been here....truly Tony you are ahead of your time ;wink02:why, i guess i am now arent i? :flap:

although i seemed to be just a little too far ahead of my time that i think my list was missing one critical element. i wonder what that could be.

things not so rosey in patsland?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:scratchchin: hmmmm. it is missing a lil' something....

yep, its true what they say- things arent so rosy in patsland.

oh, the irony

(brad childress' quote on belichick is a classic. he too, is ahead of his time. and no this doesnt mean im trying to adopt the vikings as my team)

Tankus_Maximus
09-12-2007, 11:39 PM
Ya' know, granted the Pathetics (cheaters) did managed to cheat their way to 3 Super Bowls in 4 years......they never really dominated the opposition, like the true dynasties before them (the 70's Steelers, 80's 49ers, 90's Cowboys). They actually managed to sneak by on the strength of a clutch kicker. Period. That's it.

I hereby move that the moniker of "dynasty" be stricken from any reference to the New England Pathetics.

tony hipchest
09-13-2007, 12:08 AM
Ya' know, granted the Pathetics (cheaters) did managed to cheat their way to 3 Super Bowls in 4 years......they never really dominated the opposition, like the true dynasties before them (the 70's Steelers, 80's 49ers, 90's Cowboys). They actually managed to sneak by on the strength of a clutch kicker. Period. That's it.

I hereby move that the moniker of "dynasty" be stricken from any reference to the New England Pathetics.

"the patriots are who we thought they were"

an average group who was able to overachieve because they were brainwashed into thinking their coach was a genius who was capable of working magic.

it snowballed from there. and as the cookies were consumed they had to reach further into the jar...

Tankus_Maximus
09-13-2007, 10:30 AM
"the patriots are who we thought they were"

an average group who was able to overachieve because they were brainwashed into thinking their coach was a genius who was capable of working magic.

it snowballed from there. and as the cookies were consumed they had to reach further into the jar...

Don't forget all the Kool-Aid that was consumed, to wash those cookies down!

Livinginthe past
09-13-2007, 11:08 AM
I think its going to be even sweeter when we batter the Steelers in week 14.

Make the most of it of the opportunity to talk, while it lasts.

It'll put an end to the Steelers considering themselves as worthy of a post-season place (but they'll probably still squeak in due to being in a piss poor division).

fansince'76
09-13-2007, 11:14 AM
It'll put an end to the Steelers considering themselves as worthy of a post-season place (but they'll probably still squeak in due to being in a piss poor division).

You mean like the Pats have been doing for years now?

Livinginthe past
09-13-2007, 11:18 AM
You mean like the Pats have been doing for years now?

AFCE is much better than the AFCN and probably is again this year.

That Bengals/Ravens game showed that - and they are suppsoed to be the two best teams in the division! :jawdrop:

fansince'76
09-13-2007, 11:18 AM

That Bengals/Ravens game showed that - and they are suppsoed to be the two best teams in the division! :jawdrop:

The Bills suck, the Dolphins suck, and the Jets are at best average.

tony hipchest
09-13-2007, 11:20 AM
I think its going to be even sweeter when we batter the Steelers in week 14.

Make the most of it of the opportunity to talk, while it lasts.

It'll put an end to the Steelers considering themselves as worthy of a post-season place (but they'll probably still squeak in due to being in a piss poor division).:yawn: i guess the patriots already have a back up cheaters contingency plan in place?

after you hyped up the mighty jets, im more fearful of them. :sofunny:

Livinginthe past
09-13-2007, 11:23 AM
The Bills suck, the Dolphins suck, and the Jets are at best average.

Of course they are.

The Browns shouldn't even be allowed in the NFL, the Bengals are okay on offense, poor on defence - and the Ravens are god awful on offense.

Patriots are better than the Ravens
Jets are better than the Bengals
Dolphins are worse than the Steelers.
Bills are better than the Browns.

AFCN sucks.

Livinginthe past
09-13-2007, 11:24 AM
:yawn: i guess the patriots already have a back up cheaters contingency plan in place?

after you hyped up the mighty jets, im more fearful of them. :sofunny:

They certainly aren't mighty - they just don't belong in a sentence with non-NFL teams like the Browns.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-13-2007, 12:21 PM
Jets are better then the Bengals? I don't think so........Even last year when they made the play-offs I didn't think they were that good of a team.....

I think both the Steelers and Bengals are better then the Jets...Even the offense challenged Ravens are better then the Jets.....

Livinginthe past
09-13-2007, 12:33 PM
Jets are better then the Bengals? I don't think so........Even last year when they made the play-offs I didn't think they were that good of a team.....

I think both the Steelers and Bengals are better then the Jets...Even the offense challenged Ravens are better then the Jets.....

Well, everyone has an opinion on this one - when teams from one division make the playoffs and consistently fall flat in the postseason, like teams from the AFCN do, you have to think that the only reason they ever got there was because they play so many games against each other.

fansince'76
09-13-2007, 12:37 PM
Well, everyone has an opinion on this one - when teams from one division make the playoffs and consistently fall flat in the postseason, like teams from the AFCN do, you have to think that the only reason they ever got there was because they play so many games against each other.

Yep, everyone knows what postseason powerhouses the Jets, Dolphins and Bills have been lately....:yawn:

Livinginthe past
09-13-2007, 12:44 PM
Yep, everyone knows what postseason powerhouses the Jets, Dolphins and Bills have been lately....:yawn:

They don't have to be 'powerhouses' to wipe the floor with the combined efforts of the AFCN minus the Steelers.

rbryan
09-13-2007, 12:44 PM

Considering the fact that your boy "Bellichic the genius" has been exposed as the cheater that I've always suspected him to be I would think maybe a small amount of humility might be in order from you. Guess not. Keep on stroking Nigel, wouldn't expext anything less from a TRUE(lol) patsie fan.

Livinginthe past
09-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Considering the fact that your boy "Bellichic the genius" has been exposed as the cheater that I've always suspected him to be I would think maybe a small amount of humility might be in order from you. Guess not. Keep on stroking Nigel, wouldn't expext anything less from a TRUE(lol) patsie fan.

Im afraid you'll have to look somewhere else for your daily dose of humility.

Of course, im really sad about that.

Yup, really cuts me up.

fansince'76
09-13-2007, 12:49 PM
Im afraid you'll have to look somewhere else for your daily dose of humility.

Of course, im really sad about that.

Yup, really cuts me up.

Of course, to be quickly followed tomorrow by bellyaching about Goodell the "Nazi" coming down on the poor little Pats too hard. Expect about the same requisite amount of sympathy on this board as you're showing humility now. :yawn:

rbryan
09-13-2007, 12:49 PM
Almost as much as it cuts me to see what I've been saying all along come to light?

rbryan
09-13-2007, 12:59 PM
Poor patsies, now that thier edge is gone they will no doubt fall back into the mediocrity of the past. You know pretty much thier entire existance until 2000. Wait I forgot, you don't know anything about that since you didn't even know what real football was back then. Why do you think everyone outside of NE refers to them as the "patsies"

All your snappy comebacks can't change the tide of public opinion.

Livinginthe past
09-13-2007, 01:02 PM
Of course, to be quickly followed tomorrow by bellyaching about Goodell the "Nazi" coming down on the poor little Pats too hard. Expect about the same requisite amount of sympathy on this board as you're showing humility now. :yawn:

I don't expect any sympathy.

Even before this 'scandal' came to light they weren't exactly popular round these parts :toofunny:

If the punishment is anything less than multiple 1st rounders I'll have a good laugh at the expense of those who wished the worst on us.

rbryan
09-13-2007, 01:14 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble but the true punishment will come in the form of not having the advantage of cheating anymore. Lets see how well these "average joes" fair now that the field isn't tilted thier way. How many loses will it take for you to go away??

You've always displayed that you have no class, the fact that you are going to have a good laugh about the slap on the wrist for cheating shows your true character.

Livinginthe past
09-13-2007, 01:18 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble but the true punishment will come in the form of not having the advantage of cheating anymore. Lets see how well these "average joes" fair now that the field isn't tilted thier way. How many loses will it take for you to go away??

You've always displayed that you have no class, the fact that you are going to have a good laugh about the slap on the wrist for cheating shows your true character.

What i'll laugh at is those who are desperate to make something more of this than it really is - as a cure-all for the dominations you have suffered at the hands of the Patriots.

So yeah, lets see this team fall apart when they aren't allowed to tape signals - I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

tony hipchest
09-13-2007, 01:21 PM
Well, everyone has an opinion on this one - when teams from one division make the playoffs and consistently fall flat in the postseason, like teams from the AFCN do, you have to think that the only reason they ever got there was because they play so many games against each other.so the pats were consistantly better in the playoffs cause they are roided up cheaters? good for you.

seriously, your smack sucks. the only one you should be smacking is yourself for being so ignorant and blind.

Livinginthe past
09-13-2007, 01:24 PM
so the pats were consistantly better in the playoffs cause they are roided up cheaters? good for you.

seriously, your smack sucks. the only one you should be smacking is yourself for being so ignorant and blind.

I wouldnt be throwing out any accusations about steriod use, as a Steelers fan, if I were you.

rbryan
09-13-2007, 01:26 PM
Don't back track, you just said you will laugh if the punishment for CHEATING turns out to be a slap on the wrist. You display the same arrogance and lack of character as your boy Bellichick. We're not talking about allegations anymore. They were caught cheating red handed.

Patsies = low class, cheating scumbags. Just ask anyone lol.

Livinginthe past
09-13-2007, 01:28 PM
Don't back track, you just said you will laugh if the punishment for CHEATING turns out to be a slap on the wrist. You display the same arrogance and lack of character as your boy Bellichick. We're not talking about allegations anymore. They were caught cheating red handed.

Patsies = low class, cheating scumbags. Just ask anyone lol.

Steady on the personal stuff there.

I'd say you stepped over the line, right there.

Don't do it again.

I just asked a bunch of guys that question, on a Patriots board, they didn't agree.

So I guess you were wrong.

tony hipchest
09-13-2007, 01:30 PM
I wouldnt be throwing out any accusations about steriod use, as a Steelers fan, if I were you.why what are you gonna do about it? point out all the steelers who mysteriously had strokes and are currently on suspension?

LMAO... the pats are cheaters. everybody knows it. everybody has suspected it. EXCEPT YOU! :sofunny: you must be heartbroken and crushed. the wizard behind the curtain was just a little old man.

rbryan
09-13-2007, 01:31 PM
Seriously though I hope you stick around here. I want to be here the day both you and your boy Bellichick pop the cyanide capsule. Do you think he really knows how to use it??

MACH1
09-13-2007, 01:32 PM
Looks like a certain fan of cheaters can't handle the heat in the BF.

http://members.aol.com/AUTrailerPark/graphics/excuses_for_dummies2.jpg

Livinginthe past
09-13-2007, 01:33 PM
why what are you gonna do about it? point out all the steelers who mysteriously had strokes and are currently on suspension?

LMAO... the pats are cheaters. everybody knows it. everybody has suspected it. EXCEPT YOU! :sofunny: you must be heartbroken and crushed. the wizard behind the curtain was just a little old man.

Heartbroken?

Hardly.

Im a fan of the most dominant team of the decade (by far) if people want to hype up this minor offence into something bigger, then thats their own look out.

I have some great memories (and DVD's) of the Patriots dominance, and I think its opnly going to get stronger this year.

Livinginthe past
09-13-2007, 01:35 PM
Seriously though I hope you stick around here. I want to be here the day both you and your boy Bellichick pop the cyanide capsule. Do you think he really knows how to use it??

Er.

Its not Belichick taking the cyanide, is it? :toofunny:

Read it again.

rbryan
09-13-2007, 01:36 PM
Steady on the personal stuff there.

I'd say you stepped over the line, right there.

Don't do it again.

I just asked a bunch of guys that question, on a Patriots board, they didn't agree.

So I guess you were wrong.

Like I could really strike a nerve with you. lol Good one.

I gonna take a deep breath now. I can see that I take this way more serious than you do.

StinkyB
09-13-2007, 01:37 PM
The punishment should be a forfeited game against the Jets, a HUGE fine, and suspension fo Billy Belly, period.

The Leauge took specific measures to warn temas this year to curtail the cheating.

rbryan
09-13-2007, 01:40 PM
Er.

Its not Belichick taking the cyanide, is it? :toofunny:

Read it again.

Just wishfull thinking. I knew what you meant

Livinginthe past
09-13-2007, 01:42 PM
Just wishfull thinking. I knew what you meant

Ahhhhhh.

Oh well.

When you support a team like the Steelers wishful thinking is probably an easy habit to slip into, right?

Unless you are one those who gets overexcited at the thought of beating up on perrenial losers like the Browns.

tony hipchest
09-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Im a fan of the most dominant team of the decade (by far) if people want to hype up this minor offence into something bigger, then thats their own look out.

.ahhhh, the "they were only dogs" excuse. good luck with that one. and the tainted memories. i will be sure to enjoy the muzzle put on fans such as yourself in the future.

MACH1
09-13-2007, 01:45 PM
Unless you are one those who gets overexcited at the thought of beating up on perrenial losers like the Browns.

At least we don't have to cheat to do it.

rbryan
09-13-2007, 01:48 PM
How much excitement did we see out of NE monday morning for beating up on a perrenial loser like the Jets. It must really suck to find out you had to cheat to do that.

I can do this all day.

Livinginthe past
09-13-2007, 01:51 PM
At least we don't have to cheat to do it.

Your teams dynasty was founded on cheating.

fansince'76
09-13-2007, 01:53 PM

Pot, meet kettle. :yawn: And there's actual proof to back my claim up, not a bunch of hearsay.

Livinginthe past
09-13-2007, 01:54 PM
Pot, meet kettle. :yawn:

So you admit that we are both 'black' then?

Thats surprising.

rbryan
09-13-2007, 01:54 PM
Hear say and unfounded allegations. Too bad for you that we are way beyond that with the patsies current situation

MACH1
09-13-2007, 01:55 PM

You need to change your location to.

Cheating the AFCE...annually

Livinginthe past
09-13-2007, 01:56 PM
Hear say and unfounded allegations. Too bad for you that we are way beyond that with the patsies current situation

There aint no smoke without fire.

rbryan
09-13-2007, 01:57 PM
Patsies = Cheaters

Just ask anyone. Front page news (At least front page of the sports section lol) Its not just the overwhelming opinion on the Steelers board anymore.

fansince'76
09-13-2007, 01:58 PM
Patsies = Cheaters

Just ask anyone. Front page news (At least front page of the sports section lol) Its not just the overwhelming opinion on the Steelers board anymore.

Of course, a LIONS assistant coach like Martz is jealous of them too. Never mind they play them maybe once a decade. :coffee:

rbryan
09-13-2007, 02:00 PM
Face it. Your beloved patsies have been exposed for the cheaters that I always said they were. We are not talking about allegations anymore.

fansince'76
09-16-2007, 05:20 PM

After witnessing the complete domination by our team of a member of that "vaunted" AFCE today, somehow I think we'll be able to manage. :coffee: You are right for the most part about the AFCN, though - the Stains, Bungles and Ratbirds all do truly suck.