PDA

View Full Version : Hawaii Football Thread

pittsburghp8baller
09-06-2007, 12:07 AM
i think i have enough people to start a hawaii football thread. this is a place where the few of the hawaii fans can finally talk together about hawaii's season.

i know there are a couple of people who actually live in hawaii by any chance did any1 go to the game

i was wondering who took ian sample spot in the starting lineup. i heard it was either goin to be malcolm lane or cj hawthorne but i never heard for sure

steelergirl07
09-06-2007, 03:15 PM
I watched the first game against Northern Colorado, and C.J. Hawthorne was starting. It was a great game. I'm planning on going to the Fresno game. If I lived on Oahu, i'd go to every game.

It's great to find people on a Steelers forum that are also fans of the Warriors.

steelergirl07
09-06-2007, 03:16 PM
And I just realized my thing says i'm a water boy..anyway for it to say water girl? lol

ShutDown24
09-06-2007, 03:24 PM
When can I catch Hawaii play and what channel? I've got to see highlights but have wanted to check Brennen out deeper since last season... I assume it's like 3 a.m. eastern but that's ok... Any games on ESPN coming up for them this season?

steelergirl07
09-06-2007, 03:31 PM
10/12/07 @ San Jose State (ESPN) 5:05 p.m.
11/16/07 @ Nevada (ESPN2) 8:05 p.m.
11/23/07 Boise State (ESPN2) 4:05 p.m.
12/01/07 Washington (ESPN or ESPN2) TBA

I'm not sure about the time difference.

ShutDown24
09-06-2007, 03:39 PM
I can convert, thanks

steelergirl07
09-06-2007, 03:41 PM
Your welcome.

steelergirl07
09-06-2007, 05:10 PM
ERRR!!! I'm getting so upset at the way people talk about the Warriors!!! They have the best QB pound for pound, and they still don't get their dues. !@#$%!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
09-06-2007, 05:17 PM
I'm rooting for Colt Brennan....I think the kid is the real deal and not just the product of the system like Timmy Chang......

steelergirl07
09-06-2007, 05:24 PM
I agree. And one day all the haters will realize it too.

pittsburghp8baller
09-06-2007, 11:15 PM
I agree. And one day all the haters will realize it too.

ive been fighting the fight over the haters since i joined its good to have more people having my back.

i would like to see mike washington get more playing time. i know he ran that punt back but it would be cool to see someone from aliquippa play on hawaii. my cousin was friends with him before he left for hawaii

pittsburghp8baller
09-06-2007, 11:41 PM
im ordering espn gameplan tommorrow so ill get to see even more of the hawaii games. thank god i dont work sunday mornings because id never make to work. cant wait! even get to tune into some of the pitt games that i dont get to see

pittsburghp8baller
09-07-2007, 08:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMrDrY2MbNQ

offensive highlights from the hawaii game. the guy returning the punt at 2:38 is mike washington from aliquppa, pa

steelergirl07
09-08-2007, 04:10 PM
Your lucky you get to watch Steeler games. I usually work on Sunday so I just have to keep track on the computer. I get to watch all the UH games tho. :)

I think UH will give Washington more playing time. He's really talented. But Bess and Grice-Mullen is still the go to guys. Next year will be Washingtons year when those two guys leave.

You should go look up defensive highlights from last years season. I always enjoy watching those.

pittsburghp8baller
09-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Your lucky you get to watch Steeler games. I usually work on Sunday so I just have to keep track on the computer. I get to watch all the UH games tho. :)

I think UH will give Washington more playing time. He's really talented. But Bess and Grice-Mullen is still the go to guys. Next year will be Washingtons year when those two guys leave.

You should go look up defensive highlights from last years season. I always enjoy watching those.

i love watching peters fly around and knock people around. he reminded me so much of polamalu.

i thought bess and grice-mullen still had another year left after this and rivers would be the one leaving after this year

steelergirl07
09-08-2007, 04:43 PM
haha your right. I always assumed they were older. My bad.

pittsburghp8baller
09-08-2007, 04:45 PM
haha your right. I always assumed they were older. My bad.

its fine i think bess could be a first day pick if he left this year. what he does after he gets the ball i dont see many people here on the mainland do

steelergirl07
09-08-2007, 04:54 PM
its fine i think bess could be a first day pick if he left this year. what he does after he gets the ball i dont see many people here on the mainland do

I think he deserves to be picked early. But I don't think he will. People still don't believe in the Hawaii guys.

pittsburghp8baller
09-08-2007, 11:21 PM
what a game! gotta respect that decision to go for the win by latech.

defense is goin to have to pick their game up if their want to keep making their run at an unbeaten year

steelergirl07
09-08-2007, 11:39 PM
I think it was good that they almost lost. I don't want them to get over confident. But man what a game. I never swore so much in my life. Much props to latech.

steelergirl07
09-08-2007, 11:40 PM
and yea the defense is going to be working hard at practice.

Haiku_Dirtt
09-09-2007, 01:49 AM
i think i have enough people to start a hawaii football thread. this is a place where the few of the hawaii fans can finally talk together about hawaii's season.

i know there are a couple of people who actually live in hawaii by any chance did any1 go to the game

i was wondering who took ian sample spot in the starting lineup. i heard it was either goin to be malcolm lane or cj hawthorne but i never heard for sure

This thread would be dead if it were June Jones alone promoting in Steeler Country.

But the die hard Steeler contingency here (on Maui) are seeds from trees rooted in Mt. Lebo, North Hills, Moon, Upper St. Clair, Ross, Fox Chapel and vicinity.

I dunno. But seeing a token football program evolve into a viable third tier program happened when Jones switched to the aloha shirts. Jones has always reminded me of Ted Tollner -the wrong guy at the wrong time.

And now that his 'sabbatical' in paradise has manifested into a quasi second tier program with a preseason distant Heisman runner-up, this thread is nothing short of well...pono.

IMHO Colt has no chance. Usually anything east of the Mississippi is a novelty in football terms. I'm still shocked that Carson Palmer got the nod.

Here's the HUGE but though. Just read the headlines. It seems that the demise is now EAST of the Mississippi. And since I don't see a viable candidate at USC...

all I can say is "GO COLT!" (not Colts)

pittsburghp8baller
09-16-2007, 01:37 AM
Brennan sets record, utilizes legs in Hawaii rout

Sep. 16, 2007
CBSSports.com wire reports

LAS VEGAS -- Colt Brennan has rewritten the NCAA record book with his arm.

He used his legs against UNLV.

Playing on a sore right ankle, Brennan ran for three touchdowns and threw for two more to lead 24th-ranked Hawaii to an easy 49-14 victory over UNLV on Saturday night.

Brennan completed 26-of-32 passes for 298 yards in three quarters, setting an NCAA record by passing for more than 200 yards for the 29th straight time. He said he tweaked his ankle Friday during a light workout and that's why he called it an early night.

Hawaii (3-0) cleared a minor hurdle in what it hopes will be a journey to a Bowl Championship Series game.

The Warriors may have needed an impressive victory. They dropped four rungs in the Associated Press Top 25 after holding off Louisiana Tech in overtime a week ago.

Hawaii's supporters, many of whom flocked to the desert, will note that UNLV (1-2) threw a scare into then-No. 5 Wisconsin on the same field last week.

The Warriors completed a two-game, 12-day road trip that began in Ruston, La. Instead of making the long and costly journey back to the islands, Hawaii spent last week in Houston, practicing at Rice University.

Early on, the Warriors appeared a little weary. After the Hawaii offense uncharacteristically went three-and-out on its first possession, the Rebels jumped ahead 7-0 with a 13-play, 79-yard march. Travis Dixon hit Frank Summers for a 4-yard touchdown.

Hawaii dominated from that point on.

The Warriors responded with an 11-play, 67-yard drive led by Brennan, who went 5-for-5 for 45 yards and scored on a 1-yard sneak. Four minutes later, Brennan sneaked in from a yard out to make it 14-7.

Brennan's 13-yard pass to Ryan Grice-Mullen made it 21-7 midway through the second quarter.

Hawaii's defense has been derided, but it shut down the Rebels and redshirt freshman quarterback Travis Dixon after UNLV's opening drive. Midway through the third quarter, Hawaii cornerback Ryan Mouton intercepted a Dixon pass and returned it 40 yards for a touchdown.

Brennan scored his third touchdown on a 3-yard option keeper to put the Warriors ahead 28-7 early in the third quarter.

Brennan hit Jason Rivers for a 1-yard score to give Hawaii a 35-7 lead late in the third quarter.

Hawaii coach June Jones removed Brennan after three quarters, two yards shy of extending his streak of 14 straight games with at least 300 passing yards.

Hawaii will play host to Charleston Southern, a member of the Football Championship Subdivision, formerly known as Division I-AA. The Warriors make only three more regular-season trips to the mainland -- at Idaho Sept. 29, at San Jose State Oct. 12 and at Nevada Nov. 16.

pittsburghp8baller
09-22-2007, 02:03 PM
i have heard some rumors that jason rivers might be losing his starting job to malcolm lane any1 hear that too?

steelergirl07
09-23-2007, 03:15 PM
i have heard some rumors that jason rivers might be losing his starting job to malcolm lane any1 hear that too?

I never heard about that. But I wouldn't be surprised. Rivers hasn't been doing too well, and Lane is stepping up.

pittsburghp8baller
09-30-2007, 11:44 AM
wow the two times ive seen brennan this year he has been a little off. defense played real good and u might acutually say that their won that game for the warriors (never thought i would say that) brennan looked really rusty from not playing or even practicing the last week or so. i was not impressed with malcolm lane. he played a little better when their moved him to right receiver but his only good play was the touchdown and that was a perfect throw from brennan. if rivers was hurt than why did he suit up?

steelergirl07
10-07-2007, 04:30 PM
Brennan got hurt last night. But Graunke stepped up and made some big plays. Rivers got a touchdown. And so did Lane. So all in all it was a pretty good game. Special teams and the defense need a little more work. I just hope Colt gets better.

pittsburghp8baller
10-07-2007, 08:09 PM
i was up when their did the breaking news and the worst things possibly goes throug my mind. but i guess he came back for a little in the second half. hope he is good to go for fridays game at san jose state which is on espn thank god.

i also noticed that hawaii dropped to 16 in the polls which is of course BS.

steelergirl07
10-08-2007, 12:31 AM
According to everyone, Hawaii is nothing. So i'm not surprised by them dropping or staying the same. But oh well, as long as they keep winning, the polls mean nothing to me. It's all crap anyways. But I think Colt should be good to go by the next game. Just needs to be more careful.

pittsburghp8baller
10-12-2007, 06:23 PM
less than two hours till the game cant wait. saw PTI and wilbon and lebatard says no less than 500 yards for brennan. cant say i really agree with colt going up against dwight lowery but i think if the ankle doesnt bother him than he will get 400 and 4 or 5 TDs.

Elvis
10-12-2007, 09:53 PM
Hey... where are all the Hawaii
and Colt Brennans fans at ?
:blah:

pittsburghp8baller
10-13-2007, 12:37 AM
right here was recording the game in my baseent so couldnt talk while watching it. ive seen three games by hawaii this year two of them went to overtime.

brennan had a couple of mental errors that lead to a couple of picks the other two he was forcing it. on both of them i saw two people running underneath that were open and could of gained jus as much yards after the catch. but the thing you gotta love about brennan is that he jus never gives in. four picks hit on almost every play throws that were affected by the turf, by my count close to 10 drops by the receviers. still when the game is on the line he turns it on and leads his team to victory.

Hines0wnz
10-13-2007, 04:09 PM
Its only a matter of time before they lose one or two. Had SJ St been any good whatsoever they would have won (akin to the Dallas-Buffalo game last Mon night) and ended another small school dream. They are not the Boise St of 2007.

steelergirl07
10-13-2007, 04:46 PM
I enjoyed the game. Brennan had 4 INT, but he also had 500+ yards. And in the NFL, you're not going to be perfect. But you are going to need to come back. And he didn't give up, and neither did the rest of the team. They may not have the toughest schedule, but they have the most heart. And a lot of talent. So i'm happy with the outcome. It builds a stronger team.

And by the way, how come all the "top teams" are losing to unranked teams? I guess playing "nobodies" is not that easy huh?

Hines0wnz
10-13-2007, 11:02 PM
And by the way, how come all the "top teams" are losing to unranked teams? I guess playing "nobodies" is not that easy huh?

Parity is prominent this year.

pittsburghp8baller
10-14-2007, 11:15 AM

exactly nothing is a given this year. san jose state and louisiana tech are better than applachin state and look what happened when their played michigan.

with the offense that hawaii has there are never out of a game. and the defense may give up a lot of yards put it comes up with timely turnovers (leonard FR to set up tying TD and then newberrys interception in the endzone to end the game). as long as their never give in hawaii can win every 1 of their games.

steelergirl07
10-14-2007, 08:28 PM
So long as they stay in the fight, they got it. A big motivation for them is that they get no respect. Grice-Mullen said on the news that they won't get respect untill maybe the last game, so they don't worry too much about the rankings and all that stuff.

Rhee Rhee
11-02-2007, 02:36 AM
I think Brennan has a legit shot to be an excellent QB at the next level especially if he continues to play the way he did in the second half of the SJSU game.. he was amazing in the 4th and OT brilliant.... I hope the steelers get to play a legit team in the BCS so that everyone will know how good brennan is and how much better Hawaii is this year than Boisie State was last year.

pittsburghp8baller
11-11-2007, 05:10 PM
any1 else's heart stop after that hit on brennan.

Jeremy
11-11-2007, 05:14 PM
any1 else's heart stop after that hit on brennan.

I bet that girl he sexually assaulted at Colorado loved it. :thumbsup:

steelergirl07
11-11-2007, 06:16 PM
I bet that girl he sexually assaulted at Colorado loved it. :thumbsup:

Kind of low. He could of gotten seriously hurt and you try and make a joke about it. If you don't like him, stay out of the thread.

And yes my heart froze when I saw it. I'm glad he was able to walk to the locker room. He's a WARRIOR and will be fine. I know it.

Jeremy
11-11-2007, 07:13 PM
Kind of low. He could of gotten seriously hurt and you try and make a joke about it. If you don't like him, stay out of the thread.

And yes my heart froze when I saw it. I'm glad he was able to walk to the locker room. He's a WARRIOR and will be fine. I know it.

It wasn't a joke. The kid tried to rape someone and you jokers actually defend him. That's ****ing pathetic.

steelergirl07
11-11-2007, 07:25 PM
Do you know for sure? You don't know the situation, and neither do I so I won't judge him for it. He wasn't found guilty was he?

And please don't insult me. I didn't insult you so show the same respect.

Jeremy
11-11-2007, 07:32 PM
Do you know for sure? You don't know the situation, and neither do I so I won't judge him for it. He wasn't found guilty was he?

And please don't insult me. I didn't insult you so show the same respect.

I have a real low tolerance for spoiled Southern Californians who get away with everything and then have a whole battalion of adoring fans who are willing to forgive even the most heinous crimes. I don't like the kid. I think he's a really bad quaterback in a system that made a stiff like Timmy Chang look good and Hawaii will get what's coming to them when they play Boise State.

steelergirl07
11-11-2007, 07:39 PM
I have a real low tolerance for spoiled Southern Californians who get away with everything and then have a whole battalion of adoring fans who are willing to forgive even the most heinous crimes. I don't like the kid. I think he's a really bad quaterback in a system that made a stiff like Timmy Chang look good and Hawaii will get what's coming to them when they play Boise State.

Okay i respect your opinion. But did you feel it necessary to come into a Hawaii football thread, a place where we are Colt Brennan fans, and make a comment like that? It was in bad taste, regardless of how you feel about him. And when I make a comment back you call me a joker, and say that it's ****ing pathetic that we root for him. That was uncalled for.

Jeremy
11-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Okay i respect your opinion. But did you feel it necessary to come into a Hawaii football thread, a place where we are Colt Brennan fans, and make a comment like that? It was in bad taste, regardless of how you feel about him. And when I make a comment back you call me a joker, and say that it's ****ing pathetic that we root for him. That was uncalled for.

Because football is violent game. He chose to play a violent game and if he gets hurt, that's the gamble he's taking. I don't lament when a player gets hurt, I celebrate the fact that he had a chance to play. My own career was cut short by inuries, so I have very little tolerance for the kind of hand wringing that goes on in sport these days.

steelergirl07
11-11-2007, 07:53 PM
I know it's a violent game. People take bad hits. Does it mean we need to celebrate when they take those hits? It could have ended his career. It was just uncalled for.

Jeremy
11-11-2007, 08:14 PM
I know it's a violent game. People take bad hits. Does it mean we need to celebrate when they take those hits? It could have ended his career. It was just uncalled for.

Do you believe in karma steelersgirl?

steelergirl07
11-11-2007, 08:29 PM
Yes I do. I also believe that you're innocent until proven guilty. And he wasn't proven guilty was he? So there for I believe that Colt Brennan didn't deserve to be injured that way. If you do then fine. So be it. But don't come into a Hawaii football thread and make comments like that. You were looking for an argument when you did that. Why?

Jeremy
11-11-2007, 08:53 PM
OK...just wanted to know.

pittsburghp8baller
11-12-2007, 11:24 AM
Yes I do. I also believe that you're innocent until proven guilty. And he wasn't proven guilty was he? So there for I believe that Colt Brennan didn't deserve to be injured that way. If you do then fine. So be it. But don't come into a Hawaii football thread and make comments like that. You were looking for an argument when you did that. Why?

jus ignore him. some1 thats comes into a thread and starts bashing some1 who could have been severely injured is low class scum himself

steelergirl07
11-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Thanks. I usually don't like to argue on the net. It's kind of stupid. But I guess sometimes you can't help yourself.

So how did you like the game? It was on ESPN right?

pittsburghp8baller
11-12-2007, 06:09 PM
Thanks. I usually don't like to argue on the net. It's kind of stupid. But I guess sometimes you can't help yourself.

So how did you like the game? It was on ESPN right?

good game. finally the real colt brennan. other than that pick (should of ran it i think he was pressing for the record) perfect game from him. nevada game is on espn2, on the hawaii website colt said he was fine and should play.

steelergirl07
11-12-2007, 06:23 PM
On the June Jones show down here they showed him after the game. He looked a little woozy, but better than before. So that's good. I would rather him sit out the next game. Even if they lose, I don't want him to get worse.

pittsburghp8baller
11-12-2007, 06:59 PM
On the June Jones show down here they showed him after the game. He looked a little woozy, but better than before. So that's good. I would rather him sit out the next game. Even if they lose, I don't want him to get worse.

true, it suks that these last three games will probably be the toughest and we need him more than ever or id say sit him.

steelergirl07
11-12-2007, 10:24 PM
I know. But I have faith in Tyler Graunke if Brennan has to sit out. He has such a future ahead of him. But i'm sure he's going to play. He's too stubborn not to play.

pittsburghp8baller
11-13-2007, 02:04 PM
I know. But I have faith in Tyler Graunke if Brennan has to sit out. He has such a future ahead of him. But i'm sure he's going to play. He's too stubborn not to play.

yea he has that chip on his shoulder. hes never gonna want to sit out. i would normally not mind if graunke had to start, but at nevada scares me a little

pittsburghp8baller
11-13-2007, 02:46 PM
HONOLULU - University of Hawai'i football head coach June Jones addressed the media following today's practice at the grass field. Jones answered questions about the status of quarterback Colt Brennan for this week's game against Nevada and about the Wolf Pack.

On Colt Brennan's condition:
"We're just holding him out for 48 hours or so he's not going to do anything and we'll just practice like normal. We're going to get both (backups Tyler Grauke and Inoke Funaki) ready and both of them will probably have a role."
On Colt's status for this week's game:
"Yes, it will be a game-time decision. It's a big decision for the way concussions are now. I've talked to the NFL people, I've talked to whole bunch of specialists, it's a lot more complicated then what it used to be when they just gave you smelling salts and send you back in. We'll do what's best for him."

On the hit the knocked out Colt:
"I feel bad that the kid's probably going through the ring around but he's playing with emotion as a linebacker and I just think Colt didn't see him coming and it's an unfortunate deal. At the time I watched it was a quick fast play but I'm sure everyone has their own opinion. When I saw it on the Jumbotron I said `wow,' I couldn't tell (if it should have been a penalty) so if you can't tell it probably wasn't."

On giving backups Graunke and Funaki given more reps in practice:
"We do what we have to do to get ready to play. I know Tyler knows what to do. So we're just trying to get them both ready if they both have to play, then we want to make sure they have what they need to do. (Tyler's) played in games and got a lot of practice time. I've held Colt out on some of the practices too so Tyler has gotten in a lot of reps and that's why we want to get him all caught up."

On this week's opponent Nevada:
"Nevada is a real physical team, in fact I think they're as physical maybe even more physical up front than Fresno. Fresno was just trying to kill you so we were walking into that and we knew that going in."

With Nevada's physical style of play on defense, will it weigh on your decision to play Colt?:
"Not really. We'll do what we do and we'll just have to play a very good football game to beat them."

On Nevada freshman quarterback Chase Kaepernick:
"I'm very impressed. I think sometimes some things happen for a reason and that first quarterback got hurt and never got his job back. The young kid plays phenomenal."

Nevada has one of the top rushing offenses in the WAC. What will you do differently to stop them?
"We've got to limit the big plays. They make a lot of big plays with that quarterback. They run a real different running game with more misdirection, a lot of pulls, and all kinds of stuff with the quarterback so you've got two guys to worry about with only one guy back there."

On running back Kealoha Pilares' status for this week's game:
"He ran a little bit today but he didn't take any snaps. If he's not ready he's not ready."

On the play of the defense against a physical Fresno State team:
"They were flying around. We had some guys that really stepped up and some other guys who didn't have their best game but Brad Kalilimoku played unreal. Blaze Soares played real physical. Adam (Leonard) played good. Siave (Seti) played good. The D-line played real well all the way. Amani (Purcell) had a physical game and David Veikune. Everyone kind of stepped up. We are gonna have to do that two weeks in a row in a short week."

The Warriors and Wolf Pack face off in a nationally televised game on ESPN2, Friday, Nov. 16. Kickoff is 8:05 p.m. PST/6:05 p.m. HST at Mackay Stadium.

it appears they are preparing to play without brennan.

steelergirl07
11-17-2007, 04:46 AM
Hawaii 28 Nevada 26!! Still undefeated!!!

pittsburghp8baller
11-17-2007, 08:57 AM
how was the game i fell alseep during the second quarter. i woke up for a little in the third but was awake enough to notice the score.

Jeremy
11-17-2007, 03:09 PM
jus ignore him. some1 thats comes into a thread and starts bashing some1 who could have been severely injured is low class scum himself

I'm not the one who cheers for a man convicted of sexual assault.

But whatever makes you feel better.

steelergirl07
11-17-2007, 03:11 PM
It got close during the second half. Neveda had a 8 minute drive which hurt the defense. And it came down to a Dan Kelly field goal. Neveda tried to ice him twice, but he made it anyways. It was an exciting game.

Hines0wnz
11-17-2007, 04:22 PM
GO BRONCOS!

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/c/c2/145px-Boise_St.gif

revefsreleets
11-17-2007, 04:31 PM
Yeah, I can't see Hawaii beating Boise State.

If I was a Hawaii fan, I'd be more concerned about why there are clearly overrated teams with 3 losses ranked above them. If Hawaii does win next week, they still need to get in the top 12 to get a BCS Bowl.

steelergirl07
11-17-2007, 07:21 PM
I believe they can beat Boise. They just need to work on certain things. But it should be a very good game. I'm looking foward to it.

pittsburghp8baller
11-17-2007, 10:33 PM
I'm not the one who cheers for a man convicted of sexual assault.

But whatever makes you feel better.

he wasnt convicted of anything. and get ur facts straight it wasnt sexual assualt. it was sexual misconduct bascially he exposed himself.

pittsburghp8baller
11-17-2007, 10:35 PM
I believe they can beat Boise. They just need to work on certain things. But it should be a very good game. I'm looking foward to it.

cant wait already got off work the next morning so i can stay up and not worry about going to work with no sleep

steelergirl07
11-18-2007, 01:51 PM
cant wait already got off work the next morning so i can stay up and not worry about going to work with no sleep

I'm debating if I want to call in sick or not. I really want to watch it.

And by the way, don't even acknowledge that boy anymore.

pittsburghp8baller
11-19-2007, 04:02 PM
every1 talking about us having a bad schedule at least it aint this bad... this was our 1925 schedule the last year we were 10-0

Hawaii 68, 11th Field Artillery 0
Hawaii 20, 27th Infantry 0
Hawaii 86, Hawaii National Guard 0
Hawaii 74, Healani AC 0
Hawaii 42, Palama 0
Hawaii 43, Pearl Harbor Navy 0
Hawaii 14, Honolulu Town Team 6
Hawaii 13, Occidental (CA) 0
Hawaii 41, Colorado St. 0
Hawaii 20, Washington St. 11

if only our defense could throw a couple of shutouts!

Rhee Rhee
11-21-2007, 02:26 AM
is anyone going to the game? Ik i am... i can't wait im going at 10 to start tailgatin.. or whenever the gates open.. dude im stoked for this game... and if we win i guarantee we will be top 12 on sunday it'slike a given... as long as georgia or someone loses...

steelergirl07
11-21-2007, 05:09 AM
I wanted to go to the game. But we're in the process of moving and couldn't afford it. Plus it's sold out which sucks.

pittsburghp8baller
11-21-2007, 11:05 AM
omg yall lucky, at least yall got a chance to go to the games. i live not only on the mainland but all the way on the east coast. but if i lived there i would pay whatever it took to get to that game

steelergirl07
11-21-2007, 04:11 PM
I only ever went to one. I'll be moving mainland in a few weeks so I won't be able to watch them for a while. But i'll still be on the west coast so I can watch when they go Boise.

pittsburghp8baller
11-23-2007, 02:52 PM
saw this thought it might make sense

Scout.com

Andy from Terre Haute, IN: I love Peyton Manning, and there are very few quarterbacks in the league I'd rather have running my team. But he's been a little inconsistent this season and seems to have lost some confidence. I know he's only 31 years old, but considering Jim Sorgi is our backup and the Colts don't have a first-round pick next year, do you think the Colts will draft a quarterback somewhere between rounds two through four?

Steuber: Since 1998, the year Manning was drafted, the Colts have only selected one quarterback: Wisconsin's Jim Sorgi. Sorgi was a sixth-round pick, and from the moment he was drafted, I don't think anyone thought he'd ever become a starting quarterback in Indianapolis. He's done a decent job as a backup, but an upgrade is necessary. Manning is the starter and will be until he retires. But selecting a quarterback high in the draft next April is a proposition the Colts should welcome. There will be a lot of talented quarterbacks available in the second- and third-rounds next year. Some of the senior quarterbacks who should be available in that range include Chad Henne, Erik Ainge, and John David Booty. But the player the Colts should select is Hawaii's Colt Brennan. Brennan plays in a shotgun, spread formation at Hawaii and will fit nicely in the Colts offense. The Colts like to spread the ball around to their receivers on quick reads and that's what Brennan does best — deliver the ball quickly with great accuracy. At the very least, Brennan provides Indianapolis with a great insurance policy in case Manning ever suffers an injury.

if he fits any system it would be this

steelergirl07
11-23-2007, 07:02 PM
In a way I don't want him to be drafted there. I can't see myself cheering for the colts. But it would be cool for Colt to play for the Colts.

pittsburghp8baller
11-24-2007, 12:44 AM
3:38 left Hawaii 39 Boise 27 looks like Hawaii got their first outright WAC tittle in the bag, now its on to Washington!

Colt Brennan 495 yds 6 TD (5 pass, 1 rush)!

pittsburghp8baller
11-24-2007, 12:54 AM
congrats to hawaii on their first real WAC title

steelergirl07
11-24-2007, 01:08 AM
CHEEE HOOOO!!!
Hawaii still undefeated, and 2007 WAC champs!
What a game.

pittsburghp8baller
11-24-2007, 01:13 AM
CHEEE HOOOO!!!
Hawaii still undefeated, and 2007 WAC champs!
What a game.

great game! actually was able to stay up for the whole game. Brennan played an awesome game as did bess (15 catches!)

steelergirl07
11-24-2007, 02:56 AM
They all did great. My man Jacob Patek did good too! I'm so proud of all them. Party in Hawaii tonight!!

ShutDown24
11-24-2007, 10:40 AM
Brennan had some unbelievably accurate throws last night. Hawaii might be playing stronger right now than any other team in college.

Rhee Rhee
11-25-2007, 01:34 AM
dude us HAWAII fans cannot get ahead of ourselves.... we still havta 'BELIEVE' and we MUST contain jake locker who just owned his rivals washington state but somehow lost... BCS just one game away... BTW Lou Holtz said on tv that Hawaii is "definitely a BCS team" FYI GO WARRIORS... sorri for the amount of caps just so excited for these guys

pittsburghp8baller
11-25-2007, 03:37 PM
dude us HAWAII fans cannot get ahead of ourselves.... we still havta 'BELIEVE' and we MUST contain jake locker who just owned his rivals washington state but somehow lost... BCS just one game away... BTW Lou Holtz said on tv that Hawaii is "definitely a BCS team" FYI GO WARRIORS... sorri for the amount of caps just so excited for these guys

i kno we cant get ahead of ourselves. washington despite their record is a good team and we might have a game on our hands

THIS IS THE BIGGEST GAME IN HAWAII FOOTBALL HISTORY (how bout that for caps)

revefsreleets
11-25-2007, 04:45 PM
I'll be the first to admit i was wrong about Hawaii. They look for real (although the above post then playing stronger than any other team in football is way off). UDub is aching for some kind of redemption, but I think Boise State is a stronger team. Win and in, I think (meaning BCS) and they can measure themselves against a real quality opponent.

If Oklahoma can beat Missouri, would it be a stretch to think that Hawaii could replace the Buckeyes in the Rose Bowl? It's a perfect match having Hawaii play on the West Coast where they have a lot more love. It's be an exciting game, for sure.

pittsburghp8baller
11-25-2007, 07:34 PM
It's a perfect match having Hawaii play on the West Coast where they have a lot more love. It's be an exciting game, for sure.

i would rather them stick on the west coast. im prob the only hawaii fan this side of the mississippi prob even colorado

steelergirl07
11-25-2007, 08:37 PM
So long they get their due, i'm good with where ever they play. It would be awesome if they played on the west coast tho. Lots of Hawaii fans in California and Vegas.

revefsreleets
11-25-2007, 08:42 PM
So the Hawaii fans should become big fans of the Oklahoma Sooners this week. OU wins and Hawaii MAY play USC in the Rose Bowl.

pittsburghp8baller
12-01-2007, 11:42 AM
So the Hawaii fans should become big fans of the Oklahoma Sooners this week. OU wins and Hawaii MAY play USC in the Rose Bowl.

well im watching gameday and they are saying if mizz loses than hawaii will play in the sugar bowl against LSU/Tennessee (more likely LSU) and i would prefer not to play LSU in their own backyard. while im confident hawaii could compete i still remember what LSU did to my other team notre dame at the sugar bowl

steelergirl07
12-01-2007, 04:02 PM
GAMEDAY!!!

GO WARRIORS!!!

(sorry for the caps..i'm super stoked!!!)

pittsburghp8baller
12-01-2007, 04:08 PM
7 hours till gametime cant wait

steelergirl07
12-01-2007, 04:13 PM
Thank goodness I finish before gametime. I would have had to call in sick again.

revefsreleets
12-01-2007, 05:04 PM
well im watching gameday and they are saying if mizz loses than hawaii will play in the sugar bowl against LSU/Tennessee (more likely LSU) and i would prefer not to play LSU in their own backyard. while im confident hawaii could compete i still remember what LSU did to my other team notre dame at the sugar bowl

I wonder how well they will travel if that's how it shakes out?

pittsburghp8baller
12-01-2007, 09:24 PM

historically hawaii isnt the best of traveling teams. but this is a different team than historically, Colt is winner he is goin to have his team ready to play against whoever it is we play i can promise you that

steelergirl07
12-02-2007, 02:17 AM
This game is driving me nuts.

Rhee Rhee
12-02-2007, 03:37 AM
WE WON!!!!!!!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT I WAS FREAKIN OUT WHEN THEY WENT UP 21-0!!!!!

steelergirl07
12-02-2007, 04:24 AM
12 and ZERO BABY!!! What a comeback. I'm so proud of those guys. BCS HERE WE COME!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-02-2007, 11:30 AM
That was a great comeback by the Warriors.....

pittsburghp8baller
12-02-2007, 11:54 AM
undeafted!!!!!!!!! hell ya wat a game

VOTE FOR COLT!!!!

Steeler in Carolina
12-02-2007, 01:02 PM
Congrats to all Hawaii fans. I was pulling for them hard last night. Great to see a team from a BCS league to crash the party. No doubt in my mind, Colt Brennan is the best player in college football. He probably won't win the Heisman, but he should.

steelergirl07
12-02-2007, 02:08 PM
I agree about Colt winning the Heisman. Too bad we play so late and no one really gets to watch.

Steeler in Carolina
12-02-2007, 03:18 PM
Hawaii has a couple of outstanding WR's as well.

steelergirl07
12-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Bess and Grice-Mullen are amazing. And they got one more year left. Rivers is also great. They make Brennan look good.

pittsburghp8baller
12-02-2007, 11:18 PM
sugar bowl baby!!!

bring on georgia

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
12-02-2007, 11:47 PM
sugar bowl baby!!!

bring on georgia

Hawaii v. UGA is an intriguing matchup. It will be tough for the Warriors to beat UGA, but it should be a fun game to watch. One of the main things for Hawaii will be to keep their emotions in check and not get overwhelmed with the SuperDome crowd and the pro-UGA crowd. Heck, I might even buy a ticket and drive down to the Big Easy for the game.

Haiku_Dirtt
12-03-2007, 12:20 AM

Good question. Locals really don't travel much but the common destination is Las Vegas. Where else would you go to find the exact opposite of paradise?

Well. Maybe Cleveland. Okay the opposite of paradise that is still fun.

In Utopia, Hawaiian Airlines or Aloha Airlines would concoct a way to get fans there for a fixed rate or charters. Someone should be proactive. Opportunites like this are golden.

Haiku_Dirtt
12-03-2007, 12:22 AM
Hawaii v. UGA is an intriguing matchup. It will be tough for the Warriors to beat UGA, but it should be a fun game to watch. One of the main things for Hawaii will be to keep their emotions in check and not get overwhelmed with the SuperDome crowd and the pro-UGA crowd. Heck, I might even buy a ticket and drive down to the Big Easy for the game.

How does one put odds on this game? The money flow on this game is going to be volatile.

pittsburghp8baller
12-03-2007, 02:29 PM
im in the process of getting tickets to the game!! i have the money to buy the tickets, seats im looking at r about 150 a piece, its jus the hotel reservations and travel that im worried about. my truck isnt actually trustworthy on long trips and i kno i wouldnt have the money to rent a car or fly. im trying to see if my dad can come but i doubt he will be able to get out of work for that long

steelergirl07
12-03-2007, 02:31 PM
The price for my husband and I to go would be $600 each. So we are probably not going. I'm bummed about that. But i'll be rooting from home.

Steeler in Carolina
12-03-2007, 11:53 PM
It will be nice to see CB pick apart Georgia.

revefsreleets
12-04-2007, 09:12 AM
It will be nice to see CB pick apart Georgia.

Not so fast, my friend. This is another case of a team never having seen a defense like their upcoming opponents. I'm not saying Georgia is going to shut Hawaii down or anything, but I'd be shocked if the warriors scored more than 24-30 points, and Georgia's offense will run wild over Hawaii. I think Hawaii is for real, but only in the sense that they belong in the BCS. I don't think they'll be able to hang with the Bulldogs.

MasterOfPuppets
12-04-2007, 11:19 AM
geogia will crush hawaii.......42 - 20.....:coffee:

pittsburghp8baller
12-04-2007, 01:54 PM
Not so fast, my friend. This is another case of a team never having seen a defense like their upcoming opponents. I'm not saying Georgia is going to shut Hawaii down or anything, but I'd be shocked if the warriors scored more than 24-30 points, and Georgia's offense will run wild over Hawaii. I think Hawaii is for real, but only in the sense that they belong in the BCS. I don't think they'll be able to hang with the Bulldogs.

and georgia has never seen an offense like this. with colt brennan i think that hawaii can compete with any1 in the nation. i dont think they can beat every1 but they can def compete. and if they stick in the game long enough hawaii's defense is known to come up with a timely stop or turnover and that turns the game around

pittsburghp8baller
12-04-2007, 01:55 PM
geogia will crush hawaii.......42 - 20.....:coffee:

wat bowl game is ur team in :coffee:

thought so

steelergirl07
12-04-2007, 05:11 PM
Regardless of who wins, i'm happy. Hawaii made it to a bowl game and shut up all the non-believers. They also got a needed paycheck. Those guys played their hearts out week in and week out. And I couldn't be prouder. Plus their freaking 12-0. How sweet is that?

pittsburghp8baller
12-04-2007, 05:19 PM
its freakin awesome that hawaii finished 12-0 so many didnt think we could beat boise and we did. jus makin it to the BCS is a great accomplisment and now we have more than doubled our football budget. now we can afford to go to the mainland and recruit some more talent.

This is part of the June Jones press conference regarding his comments toward tim tebow

About Tim Tebow comment on ESPN Sunday:
"I did some national shows today. I may get some more (heat) from that. My intent on what I said was not to demean Tim Tebow in anyway. I said this on ESPN Today The media picks the Heisman Trophy winner. No longer will it go to a guy like it did years ago on a 3-8 team. It just doesn't happen. My point was that my quarterback has been labeled a `system quarterback' for three years. He is the best passer in college history. He is. There is no question about it. Tim Tebow is in a system. The last quarterback who was in that system, if you had asked me about Alex Smith, he was a system quarterback I thought when we were watching him. Talented. But I didn't see him in an NFL passing (system). Colt Brennan plays in an NFL passing game. You can dial it up and see that it is not a system. Tim Tebow's system is a college system. He is a great quarterback who'll probably win a national championship. He's competitive; he's all those things. But a lot of his stuff comes off little dives, fades, things he is not going to do in the National Football League. That's my point. I think Jake Locker (from Washington) is a great athlete. I'd love to be a part of coaching a kid like that. But I said what I said and I mean it. I said this too on national radio today and probably take some heat from it. (his phone rings) Look, here is an 847 area code right now. On ESPN GameDay, they are promoting Tim Tebow to win the Heisman, which he'll probably win. My quarterback is the best player, trust me. But they (ESPN GameDay) said, and we watch at the hotel and listening to it for last six weeks, they said as they were going off the air 'Tim Tebow has accounted for 53 touchdowns in one season, the most in college football history.' I said you guys just told a lie. Last year, my quarterback threw for 58 touchdowns and ran for another (five). I got my point across. You guys ripped me a knew one yesterday, and I'm going to say it again and stand by what I said, my quarterback is the best college football player in America. I did not add Tebow's team has three loses or is not in a BCS game. I wish I had that info, why didn't you call me? The bottom line is I irritated them because they knew I was right. But I did get a whole bunch of emails and calls from Florida State people that said 'Thanks for finally saying that.'"

On Colt Invited To New York:
"I would be very surprised if he is not among the finalists. Hopefully, my comments yesterday will get him some publicity. I'll be honest with you. It would be a long shot (if Brennan won) because of the (national) media attention giving to other players. He not only deserves to be there, but he deserves to win it. Just look at what he has done."

steelergirl07
12-04-2007, 05:26 PM
I was glad Jones said that. The media is pissed that he actually called out their golden boy. Tebow is great, don't get me wrong. But Jones was right. He is a sytem QB. Which I don't see as a bad thing. But that's what everyone holds against Colt. I've already come to terms with the fact Brennan won't win the heisman. Which is sad because he deserves it.

pittsburghp8baller
12-04-2007, 05:45 PM
i like how he brought up alex smith. every1 was saying how great he would be and look at where he got drafted. but what has he done so far, alot of people have called him a bust. but a lot of people forget he ran the same exact offense that tim tebow is running right now.

ive come to terms that colt will not win and it is a shame because he really does deserve it

revefsreleets
12-04-2007, 07:50 PM
and georgia has never seen an offense like this. with colt brennan i think that hawaii can compete with any1 in the nation. i dont think they can beat every1 but they can def compete. and if they stick in the game long enough hawaii's defense is known to come up with a timely stop or turnover and that turns the game around

But, unfortunately, I was talking about talent, not scheme. Nobody runs the run and shoot in the NFL anymore because it was figured out. All you have to do is defense it correctly. The problem is that Hawaii is able to "out-talent" it's defensive competition at the level they play at. Colt Brennan is a fine QB. He's the best QB to ever play at Hawaii. He plays in a system that a lot of the other 119 D1-A QB's would love to play in. I'm not even necessarily saying he won't be able to succeed at the next level with a year or two of seasoning.

But he hasn't seen defensive talent like the Bulldogs will have on the field. The big guys will be bigger then the big guys he's used to seeing. The fast guys will be faster then the fast guys he's used to seeing. I'm not saying he won't be able to overcome some of the adversity, but I remember watching Ben play against legitimate Big Ten defenses, and, while he was talented enough to hang, the talent around him wasn't. No one player can make THAT big of a difference.

Hawaii is likely in for a long day.

As for the Heisman, I have no idea. His team is 12-0. His numbers are huge. I think he deserves consideration, but he won't win for all of the aforementioned reasons the Warriors won't beat Georgia. That's just the way it is.

pittsburghp8baller
12-04-2007, 09:26 PM
when u think about it georgia hasnt seen this kind of talent on offense. we have the best college quarterback along with 3 pro potential receivers. regardless of scheme georgia's d could be in for a long game, longer than people think

Mamaduck43
12-05-2007, 09:38 AM
I am so excited for the Warriors, and the fact that Colt Brennan chose to play at UH this season rather than throwing his hat into the NFL draft speaks volumes about his character and team spirit....

I guess the biggest problem Hawaii fans are having now is not getting tickets to the game, but per this mornings Honolulu Advertiser, their 17,000 block is sold out - - but getting plane tickets out of the state is virtually impossible right now..... Apparently, a travel agent is working on getting a few charter planes dedicated to the Sugar Bowl lined up...... I hope that there will be a good showing...... It might start a new trend - - gambling in NO rather than Vegas......

Go Warriors!!!!!!

Note: I am finding this very frustrating - - 25 years I lived there and this happens after I move to Colorado!!!!!! Sheesh!!!!!!!

Steeler in Carolina
12-05-2007, 11:29 PM
What trips me out is every QB is a product of their system. If a RB at Navy runs for 2000 yards, he is considered a great RB. But, he is a product of the system. They run the ball 50 times a game.

steelergirl07
12-06-2007, 02:31 AM
What trips me out is every QB is a product of their system. If a RB at Navy runs for 2000 yards, he is considered a great RB. But, he is a product of the system. They run the ball 50 times a game.

Great point. That's why I don't see it as a bad thing.

ShutDown24
12-06-2007, 10:40 AM
Hawaii has a lot more talent than Georgia - if you watch tape on Brennan, he can make all the throws. Unless the Warriors have some huge breakdown, their superior players give them a good chance to win big. Plus, this isn't Andre Ware's run & shoot... They do a lot of things that where never introduced or thought of when it was popular amongst Detroit and Houston in the NFL.

revefsreleets
12-06-2007, 11:50 AM
Wow. Hawaii was in squeekers with some very mediocre teams this year. Their opponents combined winning percentage is around .300

LA Tech is an SEC doormat, and they took the Warriors down to OT. San Jose St is nobody and also went into OT. Nevada, Fresno, Washington...none of these are quality opponents, and they hung right in their with Hawaii.

I'm sorry, but there is a tremendous talent gap between a Georgia and a Hawaii. There are probably 5 players on the Warriors squad that would start for Georgia.

pittsburghp8baller
12-06-2007, 03:00 PM
ok and ur point is? u come in here and make the same dam point over and over. i get it ur one of the people that dont think that hawaii is any good. join the club their r already about 3 million of them- go talk to them about how bad hawaii is.

ill make the same point that ive been making over and over. hawaii has decent skills, enough that hawaii could hang around with any team in the country. and when any team hangs around for a while then they got a chance to win. hawaii's defense follows the whole 'bends but doesnt break' philosphy. they come up with timely turnovers. and when hawaii's offense is clicking there isnt any defense that could slow them down.

another thing on the whole tim tebow thing, lets forget about pro potential or skill all of that and just look at the numbers. they say brennan stats r a product of the system, while thats true in the NFL he will never put up 58 touchdowns, no one ever mentions that the great tebow's numbers too could be inflated by his system. his offense requires him to run the ball alot (194 times) which then leads him for more opportunities to run for more touchdowns. like brennnan throws it more than most quarterbacks so he has a opportuinty to throw for more touchdowns.

revefsreleets
12-06-2007, 05:18 PM
Easy, there. I was responding to the "way out there" post that erroneously stated that Hawaii had superior talent to Georgia, which any football pundit with a rudimentary understanding of the game would refute. I'm not quite sure how that is repeating anything. I gave the Warriors a few props, and even said Brennan deserves Heisman consideration. I'm not running anybody down, just stating the facts.

You Hawaii fans need to chill. Enjoy the ride. "Hang loose" or whatever.

Tim Tebow dominated in the SEC, playing against a ton of future NFL talent. He did something no QB in any conference has ever done before. He was instrumental in Florida's NC win last year. I hate Florida, but I think he deserves the Heisman.

(Edit: The line in the game is only 9.5-10, so Vegas is giving the Warriors a little love if that makes you feel better)

pittsburghp8baller
12-06-2007, 05:28 PM
Easy, there. I was responding to the "way out there" post that erroneously stated that Hawaii had superior talent to Georgia, which any football pundit with a rudimentary understanding of the game would refute. I'm not quite sure how that is repeating anything. I gave the Warriors a few props, and even said Brennan deserves Heisman consideration. I'm not running anybody down, just stating the facts.

Tim Tebow dominated in the SEC, playing against a ton of future NFL talent. He did something no QB in any conference has ever done before. He was instrumental in Florida's NC win last year. I hate Florida, but I think he deserves the Heisman.

(Edit: The line in the game is only 9.5-10, so Vegas is giving the Warriors a little love if that makes you feel better)

sry dude. stressful time. christmas working at walmart. a lot of people have been giving me crap all season about hawaii im jus getting fed up with it. i dont think i was the one that said we had superior talent, if i did please let me know where so i can correct myself, i jus say that with a leader like colt brennan we can win any game.

ShutDown24
12-06-2007, 05:28 PM

The thing is, I am not a Hawaii fan. It is just obvious that when both teams play to their full potential Hawaii can beat Georgia, talking about it is worthless - Just watch the game.

Hawaii - LSU would have been a much more entertaining matchup.

revefsreleets
12-06-2007, 06:01 PM
I'll just say this and back out until after the game.

CBS Sportsline ranks strength of schedule. Hawaii came in at an sos of 118. That means out of 120 teams, Hawaii had the 3rd easiest schedule. Only two teams out of all FBS (as it's called now) played lighter schedules. And they struggled in more than a couple of the games in that schedule.

pittsburghp8baller
12-06-2007, 06:08 PM
i dont mind if ur in here or not i overeacted. i know we didnt play a hard schedule, believe me even if i didnt know this at the start of the year myself a million people have reminded me of this during the season. but didnt ohio state struggle against some of them for a while too? u struggled with the same team that we did (washington), i thought i saw a couple other games that were 'sure' games end closer that before.

i said this before but we had michigan on our schedule, they backed out at the last moment (turned well for them huh?) and michigan state backed out too. so that would of left us with a whole lot better schedule than this.

steelergirl07
12-06-2007, 07:08 PM
I'm over hearing about the easy schedule. Didn't a lot of the big name schools lose to far less superior teams? Any other season, it would be a valid argument. Not this season. Too many upsets.

And I definately think Hawaii can hang.

revefsreleets
12-06-2007, 08:09 PM
I just can't stay away:smile:

OSU played the 41st most difficult schedule, if you'd like to know, and they struggled against only one team (Illinois, who is going to surprise an overconfident USC). The Washington thing only lasted a half. They blew the Huskies out in the 2nd half, and that was in Seattle.

As far as dissing the schedule, there is an easy way to fix that: Schedule tougher teams. If Michigan backed out, that's news to me. Might have been to stay at home for the crucial 7th home game and all the money selling out a 110,000 seat stadium brings. What was the alternative? $100,000 to play to a 1/2 empty stadium in Hawaii. No brainer.

I don't blame MSU a bit if they declined to play Hawaii in Hawaii. A couple years ago they were literally robbed of a game by some of the worst officiating I've ever seen all because Hawaii needed the win to become bowl eligible play in their own bowl game (There IS a Hawaii Bowl, you know).

When your toughest game is against Boise State (who had like the 111th toughest schedule, and ended up with 2 losses) you will never take the next step. Bringing up OSU is sort of apropos, though, but not for the reasons you thought. The Buckeyes have something like 21 top ooc teams they play between 2001 and 2020 lined up. This year it wasn't their fault that Washington sucked. They schedule these marquee match-ups with perennial powerhouses just so if it comes down to ooc scheduling and sos, they have the edge.

Look, it's simple. Hawaii is the only undefeated team, and they are still only playing in a BCS game because a bunch of better teams lost 2 or 3 games. There's a very valid reason why they are undefeated and NOT playing for a national championship.

steelergirl07
12-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Over it.

Colt and Jones were suppose to come to Kauai(where I live) this weekend to sign stuff. But they cancelled because he's going to New York. I'm going to be pissed if he doesn't win. LOL.

revefsreleets
12-07-2007, 09:30 AM
Hey, I'm just telling it like it is.

The good news? Hawaii has 5 ooc conference games next year against Florida, Cincinnati, Weber State, Washington St. and Oregon State.

If they win out next year, they'll have the sos to play in the BCS NC game.

pittsburghp8baller
12-07-2007, 10:49 AM
Over it.

Colt and Jones were suppose to come to Kauai(where I live) this weekend to sign stuff. But they cancelled because he's going to New York. I'm going to be pissed if he doesn't win. LOL.

that suks. maybe they will reschedule it for when he gets back.

hey maybe if he wins u could get a picture with the heisman!

steelergirl07
12-07-2007, 01:06 PM
that suks. maybe they will reschedule it for when he gets back.

hey maybe if he wins u could get a picture with the heisman!

They are going to reschedule, but I'm moving to Washington on Tuesday. So its my last weekend here. I'll just wait till he's in the NFL I guess. :(

pittsburghp8baller
12-11-2007, 02:00 PM
ha! were wackjobs now! thats funny! jeremy why dont u find a new team and go bug those fans because ur not annoying anymore ur posts r jus lame and sad i jus cant help but laughing!

Rhee Rhee
12-13-2007, 01:41 AM
[QUOTE=revefsreleets;334907The Washington thing only lasted a half. They blew the Huskies out in the 2nd half, and that was in Seattle.
[/QUOTE]

the game was in Hawaii... but anyway dude we have 5 recievers that are very good and im sorry but moreno is equal to ian johnson... its just that he runs behind a massive o-line.... i think as long as our Defense grows about 2 or 3 inches we'll have a chance to stop the run.... but no team in the country can match up against our recievers.... and btw i hate the guy from texas tech... actually i hate texas tech... bunch of hawaii wannabees that can and will never be as good as this hawaii team.... (michael crabtree) what a loser... he makes first team all america while davone, ryan and jason all have incredible seasons.... what a joke. we'll see how he pans out in the NFL

revefsreleets
12-13-2007, 09:30 AM
My point was that OSU outmatched the Huskies, and the Buckeyes had to play them in Seattle, while Hawaii played them at home and struggled to win.

I'm reserving judgement on the rest of Hawaii's skill players until I see them match up against tier-1 talent.

Rhee Rhee
12-13-2007, 06:45 PM
My point was that OSU outmatched the Huskies, and the Buckeyes had to play them in Seattle, while Hawaii played them at home and struggled to win.

I'm reserving judgement on the rest of Hawaii's skill players until I see them match up against tier-1 talent.

whoops sorry bro.. i should learn to read...

anyway ya we play 5 OC games next year and idk i dont think we'll do to well... half our defense are seniors and our best player (who mite be a bit overrated) colt brennan is gone... i dont see a good ending to the florida game at all..

pittsburghp8baller
12-17-2007, 08:53 PM
Hawai`i And Colorado Agree On Four-Game Football Series

HONOLULU - The University of Hawai`i and University of Colorado agreed Thursday on a four-game, double home-and-home, football series between 2010 and 2015, according to UH Athletics Director Herman Frazier.

The first game is set for Sept. 18, 2010, at Folsom Field in Boulder, Colo. CU will make a return trip to Honolulu on Sept. 3, 2011, with the other two dates of the series set for Sept. 20, 2014, in Boulder, and Sept. 5, 2015, back at Aloha Stadium.
The Warriors and Buffaloes have only met once before, although they were known as the Rainbows and Silver & Gold at the time. The two met on Jan. 1, 1925, with UH completing its first unblemished season by beating CU 13-0.

"I'm happy to be able to reach an agreement to play four games with the University of Colorado," Frazier said. "It will be quality competition between two fine institutions."

Hawai`i also has future non-conference games scheduled at Florida (2008), Weber State (2008), at Oregon State (2008), Navy (2009), Wisconsin (2009), Southern California (2010) and Charleston Southern (2011), along with three-game series with UNLV (2009-11) and Washington State (2008-09, '11).

steelergirl07
12-17-2007, 09:10 PM
Im glad they will play each other. When the go to Colorado, I can go since i'm in Washington now.

Rhee Rhee
12-25-2007, 07:30 PM
im afraid that we wont be able to stop the two headde running game of Georgia and their enormous D-line.... but anywhoo our recievers will run day and night against them...

Rhee Rhee
01-01-2008, 03:35 AM
omgosh! the game is so soon... i cant wait!!!

touchdownward
01-01-2008, 09:13 AM
omgosh! the game is so soon... i cant wait!!!
Resident Georgia fan here.

This is your classic run vs pass matchup, Knowshon Moreno/Thomas Brown vs Brennan and his receivers. Smashmouth vs Finese.

Brennan's passing accuracy concerns me, but Georgia plans to counter by substituting alot and keeping the D fresh. The Dogs also plan to pressure Brennan with blitz packages. We'll see how long that works.

The wildcard of the game is Georgia's sophomore QB, Matthew Stafford. He's still learning the position in my eyes, so he can be really good or really bad. If he is on as well as the running game, it will be no contest. but I don't see that kind of game happening.

Good luck to your team, but only for an injury free game. :flap:

touchdownward
01-01-2008, 09:29 PM
Still very, very early in the game, Georgia up 7-3.

Hawaii hasn't quite shaken the nerves thing yet.

The Dogs' running game looks dominant so far.

Alot game left though.

touchdownward
01-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Moreno has a sprained ankle, but it isn't showing at all. Nice run.
And just that quick he's back in the endzone!!!:tt02:

steelergirl07
01-01-2008, 09:41 PM
Hawaii needs to get their stuff together. Too much penalties. Good job Georgia.

touchdownward
01-01-2008, 09:41 PM
I dare say Brennan hasn't seen pressure like this, this season.
It's the only way we're going to beat him is to keep him on his back or at least hurry him.
He'll pick Georgia's young defensive corp apart if given time, he's too damn accurate.

steelergirl07
01-01-2008, 09:52 PM
He's been pressured a lot actually. You don't know how much times I screamed my head off at the O-line (kind of like when I watch a Steelers game). I have faith though. They'll get their shhh together. I just hope it won't be too late.

touchdownward
01-01-2008, 09:54 PM
Wow! 52 yd FG by Brandon Coutu!

touchdownward
01-01-2008, 09:58 PM
He's been pressured a lot actually. You don't know how much times I screamed my head off at the O-line (kind of like when I watch a Steelers game). I have faith though. They'll get their shhh together. I just hope it won't be too late.
On the inverse, Hawaii is getting very little pressure on Stafford.
He's a sophomore and will get rattled if pressured. He starts throwing high.
Believe me, I've seen alot of it. :smile:

Have you noticed Stafford, looks just like John Elway?

touchdownward
01-01-2008, 10:00 PM
I'm sure you're screaming at the O-line right now Steelergirl after a 3 man rush pressured Brennan into that interception.

steelergirl07
01-01-2008, 10:01 PM
I'm sure you're screaming at the O-line right now Steelergirl after a 3 man rush pressured Brennan into that interception.

I just hung my head in shame. LOL.

touchdownward
01-01-2008, 10:11 PM
Man I hate to see that. Rivers got knocked completely out. He's sitting up now.

touchdownward
01-01-2008, 10:15 PM
Hawaii has a nice drive going, but they just wiped out a big gain with a penalty.

Rhee Rhee
01-01-2008, 10:27 PM
UGH keith ah soon and keoni steinhoff.... omg! they're the ones killing us if they would at least let colt get one more second... jeez

steelergirl07
01-01-2008, 10:40 PM
The Rivers hit reminded me of the one Colt took. Scary. I'm glad he's alright.
Defense is doing better at stopping the run. If only the O-line would give Colt some time.
And one other thing...number 29 needs to keep his mouth shut. Hawaii isn't a team that talks smack. He's annoying me.

touchdownward
01-01-2008, 11:26 PM
That was a monster hit that Brennan just took. I think he hurt his wrist in the scrum for the fumble.

steelergirl07
01-01-2008, 11:28 PM
Defense stepped up, offense sucks right now. Too much penalties. I'm dissapointed. Hawaii is better than this.

steelergirl07
01-01-2008, 11:31 PM
That was a monster hit that Brennan just took. I think he hurt his wrist in the scrum for the fumble.

The offensive blocker let him right through. AHHHHH!!!

touchdownward
01-02-2008, 12:13 AM
Brandon Coutu is going to make some NFL team very happy. That kid's got a leg!

touchdownward
01-02-2008, 12:22 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to hear tomorrow that Colt has bruised ribs, he's taken some hard shots tonight.

steelergirl07
01-02-2008, 12:27 AM
YAY a touchdown. I was hoping they would get at least one. Colt is banged up bad.

touchdownward
01-02-2008, 12:30 AM
YAY a touchdown. I was hoping they would get at least one. Colt is banged up bad.
This reminds of the beating Ben took last season at the hands of the ravens. I hope the kid is all right.

steelergirl07
01-02-2008, 01:37 AM
This reminds of the beating Ben took last season at the hands of the ravens. I hope the kid is all right.

He'll be fine. It sucks that his great college career ended on such a sour note. But I still believe he'll do great in the NFL. And seeing Graunky play tonight made me excited for next season. Congrats Hawaii on a great season.

Rhee Rhee
01-04-2008, 03:49 AM
He'll be fine. It sucks that his great college career ended on such a sour note. But I still believe he'll do great in the NFL. And seeing Graunky play tonight made me excited for next season. Congrats Hawaii on a great season.

i think the worst for colt was that he couldn't get his team into the endzone while graunke went 5-5 and scored on his first drive... hopefully we'll beat florida next season and save some face.

pittsburghp8baller
01-07-2008, 04:43 PM
Bess foregoes senior season

HONOLULU - University of Hawai`i junior slot receiver Davone Bess will forgo his senior season and enter the National Football League Draft. Bess, a three-year starter for the Warriors, finished his career as the school's all-time leader in receptions (293) and touchdowns (41).

"This is an opportunity I felt I couldn't pass up," said Bess, who received a second round grade by the NFL Advisory Committee. "It's been a dream of mine to play in the National Football League and I've worked hard these past three years to get to this point."
In three seasons, the Oakland, Calif., native, tallied 3,610 receiving yards (2nd), 3,877 all-purpose yards (5th), and 250 points (4th). He caught a pass in all 39 career games played and was the nation's active career leader in receiving touchdowns. In addition, Bess and quarterback Colt Brennan shared the NCAA record for most touchdown combinations (39) with Louisiana Tech's Tim Rattay and Troy Edwards.

Bess, a preseason Biletnikoff Award nominee as the nation's best receiver, was named to the Associated Press All-America third team and Walter Camp All-America second team as well as first-team all-Western Athletic Conference this season. He hauled in a team-leading 108 receptions, a new single-season school mark, 1,266 yards receiving, and 12 touchdowns. Against Boise State, Bess set a new UH single-game mark with 15 receptions.

Last year the 5-foot-10, 195-pounder was a si.com All-America honorable mention and in 2005 earned Freshman All-America accolades from The Sporting News, Football Writers Association of America and rivals.com. He is a three-time all-WAC selection.

This past season, Bess and fellow receivers Ryan Grice-Mullen and Jason Rivers became just the second teammates in Football Bowl Subdivision (formerly Division I-A) history to feature three receivers with 1,000-yards. Heading into the Sugar Bowl, Bess ranked fifth nationally in receptions per game, ninth in total yards and 10th in receiving yards per game.

"It was a thrill to be a part of something special this past season and I'll remember what this team accomplished for the rest of my life," Bess said. "To coach (June) Jones, coach (Ron) Lee and my teammates, I say thanks for making me, not only the player I am today, but the man I've become. It's hard to say goodbye but I can't thank our fans enough for the support they showed during my career. To them, I say mahalo. I will forever be a part of the great Warrior tradition."

Bess and the Warriors capped a remarkable 12-1 season by finishing as outright WAC champions and earned the school's first-ever Bowl Championship Series game appearance against Georgia in the Allstate Sugar Bowl.

-UH-

i think he should of stayed for his senior season but i still think he is top a 2-3 round pick even next year. he is gonna be a good 2-3 receiver and a great returner given the right opportunities. he has to work on his hands a little but with his raw skills he is gonna make some team very happy

pittsburghp8baller
01-09-2008, 04:44 PM
HONOLULU - Several former University of Hawai`i football players will be in action in this week's Cornerstone Hula Bowl, Saturday, at Aloha Stadium. Outgoing seniors C.J. Hawthorne, Jacob Patek, Hercules Satele, Michael Lafaele, and Jason Rivers will compete on the West squad. Kickoff for the 62nd all-star classic is 1:00 p.m.

Rivers, the school's all-time leader in receiving yards (3,919), capped a stellar career with his fourth 100-yard receiving bowl game with 105 yards against Georgia in the Allstate Sugar Bowl last week. Rivers also ranks second all-time in school history in receptions (292) and fifth in touchdowns (35).
Hawthorne switched over to the offensive side of the field for his senior season. The Gulf Port, Miss., native, finished with 61 receptions for 859 yards and six touchdowns this season.

Satele anchored the offensive line for the past two seasons, starting every game as a junior and senior at left guard. He was selected to the Football Writers' Association of America All-America team and was an honorable-mention All-America pick by SI.com.

Lafaele was the anchor on Greg McMackin's defense, which improved from 93rd nationally in 2006 to 33rd this past season. An all-WAC first team pick, Lafaele made the switch from offensive line to defense after his freshman season.

Patek started all 26 games at strong safety during his two-year career. This season he finished third on the team in tackles with 77 and had three interceptions, including one against Georgia in the Sugar Bowl.

In addition to the Hula Bowl, Rivers was invited to next week's East-West Shrine Game. That game will be played at the University of Houston's John O'Quinn Field at Robertson Stadium, Saturday, Jan. 19.

Record-setting quarterback Colt Brennan is expected to participate in the Senior Bowl, Saturday, Jan. 26, at Ladd-Peebles Stadium in Mobile, Ala.

Hula Bowl
C.J. Hawthorne, Jacob Patek, Hercules Satele, Michael Lafaele, Jason Rivers

East-West Shrine Game
Jason Rivers

Senior Bowl
Colt Brennan

pittsburghp8baller
01-09-2008, 04:45 PM
HONOLULU - University of Hawai`i junior slot receiver Ryan Grice-Mullins will skip his senior season and declare for the National Football League Draft. The Rialto, Calif., native led the team in receiving yards this past season and was named a second team All-American.

"This was one of the hardest decisions I've had to make in my life for the simple fact that I have so much love for this university and the islands," Grice-Mullins said. "Because of what they did for me, I truly believe I grew as a man here. But in the end, I felt I had to leave and it's a decision I made with my parents. It's the right time."
In three seasons with the Warriors, Grice-Mullins finished fourth in receptions (237), third in receiving yards (3,370), sixth in all-purpose yards (3,414) and fourth in touchdowns (37). This past season, he led the team in receiving yards (1,372) and ranked second behind teammate Davone Bess in receptions (106).

Grice-Mullins was named to the CNN/Sports Illustrated All-America second team as well as first-team all-Western Athletic Conference.

"I just want to thank everyone in Hawai`i for some of the best four years of my life," Grice-Mullins said. "To those magical group of guys over the past years who went through the good and bad and to Coach (June) Jones and Coach (Ron) Lee for the opportunity to succeed and for always believing in me."

As a freshman, Grice-Mullins finished sixth nationally in receiving yards per game (102.3) and led all receivers with 1,228 yards. After missing parts of most of five games last season, he stilled hauled in 11 touchdowns.

Grice-Mullins, Bess, and Jason Rivers became just the second Football Bowl Subdivision (formerly Division I-A) team to feature three receivers with 1,000 yards this season. Heading into the Sugar Bowl, Grice-Mullins ranked fifth nationally in receiving yards per game and sixth in receptions per game.

The Warriors (12-1) capped a remarkable season by competing in the school's first-ever Bowl Championship Series game appearance against Georgia in the Allstate Sugar Bowl.

steelergirl07
01-09-2008, 05:11 PM
Wow. Bess and Grice-Mullin are leaving. Not much left for wide receivers. Good luck to them. I'm guessing next season will be Hawaii's rebuilding year.

Steeler in Carolina
01-09-2008, 08:52 PM
This was Hawaii's peak season. Now, the downhill slide comes.

touchdownward
01-09-2008, 10:09 PM
Players leaving early.....the backlash of Jones leaving has begun.
Hawaii University officials should have thought of that when they gave Jones chump change to recruit with.

Rhee Rhee
01-11-2008, 03:07 AM
Wow. Bess and Grice-Mullin are leaving. Not much left for wide receivers. Good luck to them. I'm guessing next season will be Hawaii's rebuilding year.

u cant count out CJ hawthorne now steelergirl... come on he is blazing fast and has a bright future at hawaii..

steelergirl07
01-11-2008, 11:07 AM
u cant count out CJ hawthorne now steelergirl... come on he is blazing fast and has a bright future at hawaii..

Isn't he a senior already?

I think we'll be seeing more of Salas. The few times he played, he showed some talent. Libre is another. Both good, but didn't get much playing time. They are a good team, with talented guys, but it's going to be hard with Jones and now Bess and Grice-Mullin gone. But i'll still be cheering.

pittsburghp8baller
01-11-2008, 11:14 AM
yea CJ is gone, salas looked from wat i saw. now with bess and ryan gone we get to mike washington play cant wait

steelergirl07
01-11-2008, 12:17 PM
I'm looking foward to Libre. He's a fast guy. I'm excited to see what happens next season. And I really would like to know who our new coach will be.

pittsburghp8baller
01-11-2008, 03:32 PM
didnt really know who he was but always said to see a young athlete die (hes jus a little older than me)

Former Phoenix Shadow Mountain football player Mitch Farney, a University of Hawaii wide receiver, died Tuesday night after collapsing during a pickup basketball game in Phoenix. He was 20.

Farney was a redshirt freshman at Hawaii who was planning to transfer to Weber State. At Shadow Mountain, he made the All-Northeast Valley team and was an honorable mention All-State selection as a senior.

Farney led Shadow Mountain with 57 receptions for 1,120 yards and 10 touchdowns

Rhee Rhee
01-16-2008, 02:26 AM
Isn't he a senior already?

I think we'll be seeing more of Salas. The few times he played, he showed some talent. Libre is another. Both good, but didn't get much playing time. They are a good team, with talented guys, but it's going to be hard with Jones and now Bess and Grice-Mullin gone. But i'll still be cheering.

o snap.. ur right... im sorry... my mistake... BUT we have young guys at reciever and they can only improve... i'll be looking for leon wright jackson and kealoha pilares to have a bit bigger impact... than they did last season... hopefully we get to seen the run game just a biiit more...

steelergirl07
01-16-2008, 06:08 PM
o snap.. ur right... im sorry... my mistake... BUT we have young guys at reciever and they can only improve... i'll be looking for leon wright jackson and kealoha pilares to have a bit bigger impact... than they did last season... hopefully we get to seen the run game just a biiit more...

Yeah I want to see a run game too. Pilares is good, and he's improving each time he plays. And i'm looking foward to Wright-Jackson getting healthy. I really want to see Tyler play. Hes been itching to start since he got here. Just needs to take care of the ball better I think.

Rhee Rhee
01-17-2008, 11:00 PM
Yeah I want to see a run game too. Pilares is good, and he's improving each time he plays. And i'm looking foward to Wright-Jackson getting healthy. I really want to see Tyler play. Hes been itching to start since he got here. Just needs to take care of the ball better I think.

pilares is improving... and wright-jackson will compete with pilares for the startin job... w/o any startin recievers back i find it a little hard for tyler... but nevertheless he will still put up big numbers... hopefully the #1 reciever will reveal himself by spring training...

steelergirl07
01-18-2008, 02:07 AM
McMackin Era Begins (http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080117/SPORTS0201/801170369/1312/SPORTS0201&template=UHsports&GID=tS8H6kIbea0h0Ja7N5pbkVPJY/pkBjE3ysoPH7I/kbg%3D)

I'm glad they chose him. I like McMackin. And the players love him. With everyone leaving UH, it's good to have someone they know and trust leading them. Good luck McMackin!!!:thumbsup:

Rhee Rhee
01-18-2008, 04:54 AM
im iffy on mcmackin... he's a great coach don't get me wrong but there were reports that we could've landed the O-coordinator for the Giants (kevin gilbride)... if we were able to land him it would've done wonders for our recruiting...

touchdownward
01-18-2008, 08:49 AM
im iffy on mcmackin... he's a great coach don't get me wrong but there were reports that we could've landed the O-coordinator for the Giants (kevin gilbride)... if we were able to land him it would've done wonders for our recruiting...
Any HC is going to be handcuffed with recruiting until the cheapo University ponies up enough dough to recruit on the mainland. $50,000 for recruiting is ridiculous.

They split 17 mil. with Georgia, will it go to the athletic program? We'll see.

Rhee Rhee
01-18-2008, 06:02 PM
Any HC is going to be handcuffed with recruiting until the cheapo University ponies up enough dough to recruit on the mainland. $50,000 for recruiting is ridiculous.

They split 17 mil. with Georgia, will it go to the athletic program? We'll see.

good point good point... i highly doubt w/e they got in the sugar bowl will go to recruiting... my guess is they shore up the facilities and use the money to build a new stadium... aloha stadium is dying... whenever you start jumping and cheering the whole stadium like feels like it's gonna break...

pittsburghp8baller
08-30-2008, 07:36 PM
just embarrissing. the only word i can describe that game. why Greg Alexander even played is a complete mistery to me, i think he had 4 turnovers on his own.

Funaki played good at the end, im guessing he will be the lead guy next week against weber state.

the one plus side, offensively wise, was Jackson Wright and Daniel Libre. bot ran the ball really well (as well as they could).

Defense looked allright until the florida speed wore them down. we wont be facing another team with that kind of speed all season

steelergirl07
10-06-2008, 04:07 AM
Since moving up here, I have only seen the Oregon game. But I've been trying to follow them online and radio, and I'm stoked they beat Fresno. They aren't doing as bad as I thought they would. I'm glad they're sticking with Funaki, since he's going to be the QB next year. Give him some playing time.

ricksteelers55
10-10-2008, 02:36 PM
Yeah we did a nice job beating Fresno but still a lot of work to do,one of the things I would like to see is Brent Rausch or Greg Alexander seeing some playing time til the end of the season.I know that Alexander hasnt played well against the Gators but hey it was his first game with the Warriors and he played the Gators so let's see what he can do against a ''normal'' team

Go Warriors

LA Tech vs Warriors 10/12 12:05 AM EST

ricksteelers55
11-10-2008, 04:06 AM
I know that our season is pretty much over but at least we can see some positive things for next year,it looks like we found our starting QB

Alexander has been looking good since the Boise State game

Go Warriors