PDA

View Full Version : Ben says he's ready

stillers4me
09-06-2007, 07:01 AM
Roethlisberger hoping his hard work pays off
Thursday, September 6, 2007
By Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

A year ago Ben Roethlisberger was preparing for the start of the football season in a much different role than he is today.

At that point he was just a spectator on the sidelines after undergoing an emergency laparoscopic appendectomy.

What a difference a year makes. As the Steelers prepare for their 2007 opener, Roethlisberger is feeling fine physically and has confidence in his ability and that of his teammates to operate the offense installed by new coordinator Bruce Arians.

Roethlisberger spent a considerable amount of time during the off-season working with Arians and feels like it's going to pay off.

"I feel lot healthier, working out lot earlier than I did last year and having contributions to the offense and talking to Bruce and working with him," said Roethlisberger. "I feel lot more confident in this offense and where we are as a team."

"I feel I know more what guys are doing, I'm able to kind of get guys in positions even in no-huddle call offenses and call the plays and stuff. I definitely feel better out there. I think the guys feel more comfortable with me now more than ever."

Roethlisberger spent noticeably more time at the team's practice facility this off-season than he did in his previous two off-seasons with the team. As the season gets ready to begin, he was even in watching film on Tuesday of this week, the players' only day off, trying to get an extra edge.

"I worked harder because of the way I thought I played last year and let the guys down," said Roethlisberger. "I didn't want that to happen again. Whether it was working out earlier or being here longer or spending more time up in the meeting room with Bruce, whatever it was, I just felt like I had to put in a lot of extra work."

And now he is ready for that hard work to pay off. He is pumped for Sunday's game in Cleveland, ready to get the regular season underway after a long preseason.

"We were all talking about the last few weeks dragging and we came in today and everyone is alive again," said Roethlisberger. "That's because the season is here. We all feel the excitement and energy. Not that the preseason doesn't mean anything, but it's good to have a meaningful game."

http://news.steelers.com/article/81110/

Edman
09-06-2007, 09:21 AM
The Clownie fans say you're no good, Ben. Kick some Cleveland anus! Shut them up!

Man, this week has been going on forever.

HometownGal
09-06-2007, 09:33 AM
It's great to hear Ben's new and improved 'tude - now take it to Cleveland and muzzle those DAWGS. :tt02:

fansince'76
09-06-2007, 09:49 AM
It's great to hear Ben's new and improved 'tude - now take it to Cleveland and muzzle those DAWGS. :tt02:

I second that motion! :tt02:

bizob2828
09-06-2007, 09:52 AM
This is Ben's year to take the step to the next level. Arians seems like is letting him air it out even more than last year. We saw what that led to last year, so hopefully now with Ben healthy and confident he's going to be in the top 5 QB's.

rog
09-06-2007, 10:31 AM
What is impressive about Ben this season is how much more mature he seems. Not to say he was immature in the past because he has allways said the right things and has allways taken responsibility for his play but it just seems he believes what he says more and has a bit of swager. The swager we didn't have last year. I think he knows and has known he can play this game at a high level but I think he just believes he will play at that high level that is the confidence he lost last year and now it's back.