PDA

View Full Version : Game day Questions

CanadianSteel
09-06-2007, 09:48 AM
Hi everyone,

Coming down for the Steeler Browns game Nov 11th and looking for some help on a few questions.

Looking to stay at the Omni William Penn, how far is it to Heinz feild, is it walkable.

I was looking to take the GAteway Clipper over, how far is this from the hotel, and can you take tailgate stuff with you? Their website says No beverages are allowed or Cooler bags and such!
Is this true ?

If yes then I will walk.

Also recomendations on a nice place for dinner for me & the wife on Saturday night close to the hotel would be much appreciated as well !

Thanks in advavence for your help !

rog
09-06-2007, 09:54 AM
As far as the clipper goes with taking coolers they won't let ya a friend of mine tried the said no so instead of leaving it there he started drinking and handing out beers to people and held the boat up so they left him take it on but couldn't drink.

Preacher
09-09-2007, 01:56 AM
How cold is it there in early November normally?

Jhulie
09-09-2007, 08:26 PM
bring a sweater

stillhead
09-10-2007, 07:22 AM
you can walk (to the stadium) from the william penn. not exactly close but walkable. it's even further to the gateway clipper from william penn. i wouldn't recommend walking that. best bet, get a cab from the hotel to drop you off over near the stadium, it's pretty cheap. they don't care what you take, ie: coolers. the weather? it could be 65 and sunny or 34 and flurries in november in western pa. (and with little notice of change) i would bring both warm and cold weather gear.

oh, and morton's steakhouse and ruth chris steakhouse are close to the william penn. both are really good, but bring your wallet. the steelhead brassiere is nearby as well, nice place.

CanadianSteel
09-10-2007, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the Info StillHead, very much appreciated.:thumbsup: Walking or cab it is for sure then !

One last question, How far is the "Strip district" freom the Omni William Penn and any recomenadtions on placxes to eat their as e are planning to hang out their on Saturday night

I will be looking for some tailgatting friends as well as I plan to bring lots of Canadian beer to share if anyone doesn't mind a couple canucks joining their tailgate.:cheers:

Stlrs4Life
09-10-2007, 05:04 PM
Not far at all to the Strip, you are closer tio the strip than the stadium.