PDA

View Full Version : Brand new Steelers fan!

norcalbrewin
09-06-2007, 11:18 AM
Steeler Nation

I just moved out to Pittsburgh from Southern California and am excited to be in a die hard football city. Anybody want to give me some tips before the upcoming season? (where to get myself a terrible towel or how I can even get a ticket to a game!) Thanks!

fansince'76
09-06-2007, 11:38 AM
Welcome to the board, norcalbrewin! :cheers:

If you have any questions or concerns about the site, please feel free to PM (Private Message) myself or one of the other mods. Post often and have fun!

I imagine two of our other mods, HometownGal and X-Terminator, would be able to help you better than I could as I live in Broncos country and they're both in the 'Burgh.

rog
09-06-2007, 11:48 AM
Welcome GO STEELERS!!!!!!

HometownGal
09-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Hiya norcalbrewin and welcome to the #1 Steelers fan site anywhere! :smile::tt02::wave:

Getting a ticket to a game is no easy feat, unfortunately. I'm sure others here can point you in the direction of the most reasonable ticket sites.

As far as buying a TT, be sure to get the 75th Anniversary edition towel. You can buy one (or two or three!) at most local stores, i.e. Walmart, K-Mart, etc., at Hometowne Sports in Station Square, Honus Wagner Shop on Forbes Avenue downtown or if you are out in the South Hills - at Definitely You in Brentwood Towne Square (which is a hop, skip and jump from me) which has anything and everything Steelers that you could possibly imagine buying at very reasonable prices! :tt02:

If I can help with anything else, please don't hesitate to PM me. :smile:

ShutDown24
09-06-2007, 01:49 PM
This is VERY exciting. Someone moving from one place to another and actually wants to embrace the team(s) and culture.

The thing is though, you can't just 'want' to be a fan of a team. Something has to click. It will probably be a few years of watching the Steelers religiously before you honestly come to 'love' them. If you are a big fan of football though it is an easy team to love. Plenty of stars on offense and defense to watch until you get into the not so nationally well known players... Best of luck to you becoming a die hard.

I would suggest posting on here a lot to find out about the team as well as listening to local sports talk or yes maybe even going to a game. Again good luck and I hope you find yourself loving it. Pittsburgh is a great city especially for football and coming from the fanatic collegiate area of Southern Cal I think you will find it a pretty easy transition. :)

norcalbrewin
09-06-2007, 02:23 PM
I grew up a 49ers fan (and still am), and went down to UCLA for college. So I got a heavy dose of college football, but still miss the pros - don't ask why LA doesn't have a pro team.

The Steelers definitely have the tradition and I love rooting for teams with gritty defenses. So, this won't be a hard transition for me, as I already know all the players.

I'm already liking the camaraderie in this forum :cheers:

ShutDown24
09-06-2007, 02:26 PM
I grew up a 49ers fan (and still am), and went down to UCLA for college. So I got a heavy dose of college football, but still miss the pros - don't ask why LA doesn't have a pro team.

The Steelers definitely have the tradition and I love rooting for teams with gritty defenses. So, this won't be a hard transition for me, as I already know all the players.

I'm already liking the camaraderie in this forum :cheers:

Sounds good

xXTheSteelKingsXx
09-06-2007, 05:42 PM
Welcome.

SteelersMongol
09-06-2007, 07:55 PM
Welcome to the site.

norcalbrewin
09-07-2007, 11:16 AM
How many admins/mods are there on this site? Are you guys volunteers or employees of the site?

Moonlite37
09-07-2007, 09:41 PM
All hail to you Steeler Fan!:tt02:

Big Ben 33
09-08-2007, 07:42 PM
Welcome to the site.

Here we go Steelers Here we go :tt02: