View Full Version : Acquiring Rossum Heightens Expectations For Holmes

SteelersFever
09-06-2007, 11:32 AM
Title: Acquiring Rossum Heightens Expectations For Holmes
Source: Steelers Fever
Date: 9/06/07
Author: Paul Eide

Link: http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials/0752.html

Summary: When the Steelers traded a conditional late-round draft pick to the Atlanta Falcons in exchange for veteran return man/cornerback Allen Rossum, it showed how highly the team regards second-year player Santonio Holmes and just how far he has progressed from this time last year.

rog
09-06-2007, 11:33 AM
I really believe that Holmes could be pretty special for us this year.

MasterOfPuppets
09-06-2007, 01:37 PM
here all along,i thought the signing had more to do with, lack of confidience in reid....:coffee:

ShutDown24
09-06-2007, 01:40 PM
It did MOP, but the thing is that lack of confidence in Reid means that Holmes would have most likley had to fill in there again had Reid had problems. That leads to this article and the assumption that the team didn't want to waste Holmes playing time on ST.

I agree. I think he as well as Parker and Ben are going to be huge this year.

Preacher
09-06-2007, 02:20 PM
Again.

I just don't read it as a lack of confidence. I read it is a mentor role, and as a second player to fill the slot.

We KNOW Mr. Ricardo C can't do it. We don't WANT Holmes doing it. So that just leaves one player... and if he gets hurt?

Naaa... This trade isn't as big a deal as everyone is making it out to be.

atlsteelers
09-06-2007, 02:56 PM
They just want to keep holmes healthy. returning kicks, you take alot of hits. I am thinking that SH has at least 80 catches and near 1000 yds recieving this year.

fansince'76
09-06-2007, 02:58 PM
They just want to keep holmes healthy. returning kicks, you take alot of hits. I am thinking that SH has at least 80 catches and near 1000 yds recieving this year.

Yep - I'd rather not have a repeat of Woodson blowing his knee out returning a kick at the beginning of the season back in '95 scenario again.