View Full Version : Steelers Will Be Better Or Worse Than 8-8 Record

SteelersFever
09-06-2007, 11:37 AM
Title: Steelers Will Be Better Or Worse Than 8-8 Record
Source: Steelers Fever
Date: 9/05/07
Author: Marc Simon

Link: http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials/0751.html

Summary: The Steelers had a great preseason. The best thing about it was that no one got hurt. Surprises were few and far between. You had to know several months ago that Chukki Okobi's days were numbered once they signed free agent center Sean Mahan; that Verron Haynes, despite being a good soldier for many years, had a slim to none chance of sticking; that they were going to cut draft choices Ryan McBean, Cameron Stephenson and Dallas Baker.

LambertLunatic
09-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Steelers Will Be Better Or Worse Than 8-8 Record

Now that's really going out on a limb! Future articles from Marc Simon will include:

Hines Ward will get either more than 1,000 yards receiving or less.
If the Steelers don't beat Buffalo in week 2, they will lose to the Bills.
It will either be above or below 32 degrees when the Bengals play in Pgh on Dec 2.

fansince'76
09-06-2007, 12:01 PM
Why we'll be better:
We have a healthy Ben Roethlisberger.

Why we'll be worse:
We have a healthy Ben Roethlisberger, the guy that led the league in interceptions.

Oh, the healthy Roethlisberger that was about a week removed from major surgery for the Jacksonville loss? Or the one that still obviously was suffering from "scrambling of the brain" for the Oakland loss?

Black@Gold Forever32
09-06-2007, 12:07 PM
When the schedule first came out...I predicted 10-11 wins for the Steelers...I'm sticking to that....I also think that will be enough to win the AFC North......

I think the Bengals defense still sucks and I think they will miss Chris Henry for the first 8 games...Yes CJ and TJ are very good...But Henry is the X Factor in that offense...He creates mis matches for defenses at the 3rd WR when he is in the lineup...

The Ravens will miss Adalius Thomas.......Both McNair and Ray Ray are a year older.....I think the Ravens take a step back this year and win 9 games....

rog
09-06-2007, 12:12 PM
WTF was that I don't mean to be rude here but seriously. We could be better or we could be worse no SH@T. I understand what he is trying to say I just don't understand why.

rog
09-06-2007, 12:14 PM
When the schedule first came out...I predicted 10-11 wins for the Steelers...I'm sticking to that....I also think that will be enough to win the AFC North......

I think the Bengals defense still sucks and I think they will miss Chris Henry for the first 8 games...Yes CJ and TJ are very good...But Henry is the X Factor in that offense...He creates mis matches for defenses at the 3rd WR when he is in the lineup...

The Ravens will miss Adalius Thomas.......Both McNair and Ray Ray are a year older.....I think the Ravens take a step back this year and win 9 games....

I agree 10 to 11 wins and it might even take a tie breaker to decide the divison and you dead on about Henry he is more valuable than alot think.

shutdown
09-06-2007, 12:16 PM
I think it comes down to this first 5 game stretch. If we can pull a 4-1 / 5-0, I think we will be in great shape to make a run for the division.

StinkyB
09-06-2007, 01:54 PM
better.

atlsteelers
09-06-2007, 03:02 PM
I think it comes down to this first 5 game stretch. If we can pull a 4-1 / 5-0, I think we will be in great shape to make a run for the division.

you are could not be more right - if we do not start off hot, we are screwed our schedule is brutal in the second half of the season. bengals, patroits, jags, rams, and ravens to finish up. if we go 3-2 out of the last five its a minor miracle.

WisconsinSteelerMan
09-06-2007, 03:21 PM
There is a LOT of season to play before the first 5 games are done. I think we can only improve as the season goes on while everyone gels together and plays even MORE like a team. If we come out of the first 5 games with a 5-0 record, I think even the Ratbirds and the Bungles will be scared of us...especially if we dominate those 5 games.

I will go out on a limb and predict that we will win 12-13 games this season. I may be smoking something other than those wonderful menthols that I like, but I say it is possible.

Call me a Homer or Yinzer, but that is my take!!

Mike in La Crosse, WI

Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jjpro11
09-06-2007, 04:04 PM
we're winning all 16 baby.. tomlin's going straight to the Hall!

delhess
09-06-2007, 04:31 PM
we're winning all 16 baby.. tomlin's going straight to the Hall!

that's the spirit . seriously, we could get 10-12 wins. i'll be surprised if its 8-8, but who knows. we don't know our oposition yet. the browns should be as good as last year. cincy might suck, maybe not. i'm not sold on the ravens yet either. it's a whole new season, and anything can happen. let's just take it week by week.

Davison_K
09-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Sunday, Sept. 9 @ Browns We should win this one easily.
Sunday, Sept 16 vs. Bills Pittsburgh will win this game
Sunday, Sept. 23 vs. 49ers Should be a tough game, though if Pittsburgh shuts
Gore down it should be an easy win
Sunday, Sept. 30 @ Cardinals A nice win over our former offensive coordinator - best of
luck just not this week.
Sunday, Oct. 7 vs. Seahawks A rematch of XL - It will be a tough game, but with the
Steelers 4 game win streak the momentum will carry over
Sunday, Oct. 14 Bye Week A nice rest to prepare for the weeks ahead... With the
momentum we have it could have been a week or two
later
Sunday, Oct. 21 @ Broncos Cutler is in for a rough year... Steelers win.
Sunday, Oct. 28 @ Bengals With Henry still suspended and being as talented as he is
the steelers will win this game because the Bengals won't
be able to make as many big plays
Monday, Nov. 5 vs. Ravens I hate the Ravens. Thomas will be missed on defense -
Pittsburgh splits the series I will give Pittsburgh this game
Sunday, Nov. 11 vs. Browns The Browns suck... Its just a way of life... Pittsburgh wins.
Sunday, Nov. 18* @ Jets Steelers undefeated streak is over... Pittsburgh loses.
Monday, Nov. 26 vs. Dolphins Steelers win... Dolphins have a good defense but its not
enough steelers bounce back and win this week giving
some more momentum
Sunday, Dec. 2* vs. Bengals Steelers lose with Henry's return. The offense is just too
much.
Sunday, Dec. 9* @ Patriots Patriots are ridiculous this year... Steelers don't stand much
of a chance
Sunday, Dec. 16* vs. Jaguars Steelers win against former rival... We have been trading
games for years... This year its ours
Thursday, Dec. 20 @ Rams Rams aren't as good as everyone thinks... Bulger is injury
prone... Their defense still isn't that great... If Pittsburgh
shuts down Jackson it should be an easy win... Steelers
greatest help is that its late in the season
Sunday, Dec. 30 @ Ravens Final game in Baltimore... Baltimore wins.

Steelers finish 12-4 - What a year with their new head coach

Atlanta Dan
09-06-2007, 04:52 PM
10-6 if they start 4-1 - this team needs to build confidence.

Key stretch of the season appears to be at Denver, at Cincy, and Ravens at home on Monday night after the bye in games 6 -8.

Anything less than a 4-1 start and i look for no better than an 8-8 year.

SteelDogFan
09-06-2007, 07:12 PM
This does not make sense, does anyone remember the Steelers record from last year. I believe it was 8-8. Stop looking at other teams and realize how good the Steelers are. The team you will be seeing will resemble the Superbowl year more than last years team from the start of the season.

This is not a team with a banged up QB that has a concussion a appendix operation and a near death experience, all in 3 months. The Steelers are going to be better than 8-8. I cant believe some of you think they will only win 50% of their games.

steelpride12
09-07-2007, 09:19 PM
I can see and predict 10 wins and a wild card birth and from there its history!

FastWillieParker39
09-07-2007, 10:26 PM
I've said 10-6 for a while and I'm sticking to it!

WisconsinSteelerMan
09-07-2007, 10:31 PM
I feel strongly that this year will resemble the 15-1 season. I just have that feeling. My only question at ALL is the o-line. They have to step it up and PROTECT and open holes. Our team is not going to be #1 in any one particular category, passing, running, O-line, D-line or secondary. We are just solid on ALL fronts (O-line needs to be MORE solid) and put them all together.

Call me a homer (from out of town) or a Yinzer (I still talk like a Blitzburgher) but I feel strongly that we are ready to go and take it to these teams (especially our division)....

Mike in La Crosse, WI

nwksteeler
09-09-2007, 12:57 PM
Steelers will definitely be in the playoffs and a serious super bowl contender. We are back!!!!

Elvis
09-09-2007, 03:10 PM
Steelers will be right around the 8-10 win season I believe. The Browns are what they are ... not the Ravens but they are who are they are. Dont get too excited about this Browns game cuz this aint your bigtime divisional rival in Cleveland. They are gonna be in the basement of our division, so, lets see what happens in the next few games...
:tt02: