PDA

View Full Version : Saints vs. Colts

tony hipchest
09-06-2007, 08:05 PM
Finally! its here.

seems alot are expecting a barnburner. by all accounts it should be. i dont know what the over/under is but all these suspected shootouts have a tendency to turn into a defensive struggle.

im thinking 24-20 colts. should be a nice game to kick off the season and a fantasy football players dream (or heartbreak if theyre expecting 45-42).

Black@Gold Forever32
09-06-2007, 08:15 PM
I'm pumped for the season to begin and I will be watching this game in 15 minutes....I don't think I have to tell you all who I will be rooting for in this game......

Lets Go Saints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tony hipchest
09-06-2007, 08:20 PM
I'm pumped for the season to begin and I will be watching this game in 15 minutes....I don't think I have to tell you all who I will be rooting for in this game......

Lets Go Saints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yep: since the steelers are shooting for the #1 seed in the playoffs, im definitely pulling for the saints, bears, cinci, and jets this weekend. i think the bears and bungles have the toughest road ahead with this weekends opponents. hard not to pull for the saints regardless. they definitely got some character to their team. im kinda bummed my favorite saint (joe horn) left.

stillers4me
09-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Real football!!! (even if we do have to listen to the Peyton Manning lovefest).

Black@Gold Forever32
09-06-2007, 08:25 PM
:yep: since the steelers are shooting for the #1 seed in the playoffs, im definitely pulling for the saints, bears, cinci, and jets this weekend. i think the bears and bungles have the toughest road ahead with this weekends opponents.

I would agree the Bears and Bengals have tough games this week.....The Bears have to go to San Diego but at least they have a good defense.....Still the Chargers should win......I hope not for my buddies sake and the Steelers sake......

As for the Bengals even though its a home game for them I don't think they will win this game....Their defense blows and McGahee should have a field day against their run D......I think the Ravens defense will shut down their offense.....The Bengals don't have their X Factor on offense for the first 8 games....Henry creates so many mis matches as their 3rd WR.....I see the Ravens with a 24-17 win.....

Black@Gold Forever32
09-06-2007, 08:26 PM
Real football!!! (even if we do have to listen to the Peyton Manning lovefest).

I'm used to the Peyton 24/7 love fest since I live in Peyton Land......:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny: One good thing I live closer to Chicago then Indy so its also Bears country where I live but still the Peyton love fest gets old.....

Crushzilla
09-06-2007, 08:38 PM
Reggie Bush in almost all my leagues...

OH BOY!

I've been sitting in my recliner since 4 watching NFL network... needless to say my thesis isn't making progress on my own

Steelman16
09-06-2007, 09:34 PM
Nice drop there by Reggie on 3rd down, but the Saints are leading 10-7

Dynasty
09-06-2007, 09:45 PM
Man, I need the RBs to do well this game... there my starting duo in my Fantasy league

Preacher
09-06-2007, 09:45 PM
I'm still at work!!!

tony hipchest
09-06-2007, 09:55 PM
manning is clearly in midseason form. i really wanna see the steelers use miller like the colts do clark. with arians calling the plays, i dont think thats a tall order. im especially interested in watching tony ugoh.

with faneca moving on, we most likely will be starting a "tony ugoh", next season, and it would be nice to alleviate the fears many have of a rookie lineman starting.

Atlanta Dan
09-06-2007, 10:51 PM
Colts up 24-10 and driving at the end of 3 - I may need to rethink my Saints to win the NFC pick.:dang:

tony hipchest
09-06-2007, 11:03 PM
colts are playing with a ton of energy and they look a hell of alot better w/o the players they lost , especially on defense. mannings abuse of jason david is pretty funny. i would only hope the steelers are moving to an indy style offense. i dont think ive seen a 4 wr set yet (common misconception) and the te position has been pretty active. running game is strong and playcalling is aggressiv, even into the 4th quarter with a lead.

tony hipchest
09-06-2007, 11:07 PM
lol. and then manning goes deep to r. wayne (abusing jason david yet again).

34-10. playing to win and not getting conservative, in the 4th quarter is a good thing. it teaches players how to win when theyre behind. (colts vs pats)

j. davids stats 7rec- 147yds- 3tds given up.... so far.

Preacher
Colts up 24-10 and driving at the end of 3 - I may need to rethink my Saints to win the NFC pick.:dang:

:sofunny::sofunny:

Yeah, they seem to be having an easy time against the Saints.

Sadly.

Preacher
lol. and then manning goes deep to r. wayne (abusing jason david yet again).

34-10. playing to win and not getting conservative, in the 4th quarter is a good thing. it teaches players how to win when theyre behind. (colts vs pats)

Yep. I hope we learn something from this as well.

Steelman16
09-06-2007, 11:16 PM
Oh its over now, Brees fumbled, Colty's recovers, game over. :)

Manning looks insane out there though, and Addai seems like he'll be able to carry the load effectively.

Atlanta Dan
09-06-2007, 11:18 PM
Of course someone has to win the NFC and I cannot see another Rex Grossman trip to the SB.

Seattle is mentioned by some.

It can get out of hand against Peyton at home in a hurry - Saints hopefully can rebound when they return to the minors and start playing NFC teams.

Preacher
09-06-2007, 11:20 PM
Of course someone has to win the NFC and I cannot see another Rex Grossman trip to the SB.

Seattle is mentioned by some.

It can get out of hand against Peyton at home in a hurry - Saints hopefully can rebound when they return to the minors and start playing NFC teams.

So so true!

I was shocked when I first looked at the score, and it was even. This is more of what I expected, unfortunately. I can respect the Saints.

Atlanta Dan
09-06-2007, 11:28 PM
Madden and Michaels now going overboard and saying it is hard to see how Indy will not be undefeated going into its game with New England in early November.

It is a long season - most defending SB champs (hell - even the 2006 Steelers) have looked good in the home opener after wining the SB.

Preacher
09-06-2007, 11:33 PM
AD...

what can you expect...

BTW, I left a message for you in your thread in teh Locker room... You'll get a laugh I think.

pittsburghp8baller
09-06-2007, 11:35 PM
u see that... brees only 6. something yards a completion. i figured each team would put up at least 30 each

Preacher
09-06-2007, 11:36 PM
Wow...

Call a time out, only to run the ball. Why?

Well people, according to Madden, that is the end of the season. Colts won it all again!

Atlanta Dan
09-06-2007, 11:37 PM
AD...

what can you expect...

BTW, I left a message for you in your thread in teh Locker room... You'll get a laugh I think.

LOL!!

:cheers:

Preacher
09-06-2007, 11:37 PM
LOL!!

:cheers:

I thought you would like that!!

Edman
09-06-2007, 11:46 PM
Ah, watch the people laud the Colts and Pats all season long.

That's why we play the games...

Black@Gold Forever32
09-07-2007, 12:14 AM
Very impressive performance by the Colts tonight...Especially their defense.....I thought the whole looked to be in mid-season form......Hard to believe the game was tied 10-10 at the half....The Colts turned it on and never looked back in the 2nd half.....I thought Manning was Manning....His usual self and really nothing you can say....He is a great QB.....I thought Addai ran well and is a budding star in the league.....Its safe to say Harrison/Wayne are still the best WR combo in the NFL.....The Colts didn't miss Tarik Glenn tonight...

Well their defense was just awesome...Holding a talented offensive team to 3 points is just impressive....Hats off to the Colts they impressed..........

Livinginthe past
09-07-2007, 03:10 AM
Just watched the game after taping it.

Hats off to Manning he absolutely toasted that Saints D - some of those passes were sublime - right to the receiver, right in stride.

It should be remembered that this was still an AFC/NFC match-up and therefore not the greatest test (despite the ridiculous hype that surrounds the Saints after a decent year last year) for Indy.

Addai looked, strong fundamnetally sound runner - you have to wonder about that depth chart at RB though - is that a UDFA scrub in as 2nd choice RB?

Couple of injuries to that offense (or defence) will really hurt.

The Saints DBs remain a liability, Freeney remains a liability for the Colts if you can keep the game close and you can run right at home.

Its good to have football back.