PDA

View Full Version : Bellichick orders Steelers trainer away..9/28 Update; Trainers Pres. Surprised

RoethlisBURGHer
09-27-2005, 03:04 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AorOkxSVWvWXwj9uHk1PxCtDubYF?slug=ap-steelers-belichick&prov=ap&type=lgns

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- New England coach Bill Belichick ordered Pittsburgh Steelers trainer John Norwig off the field when Norwig asked if medical help was needed for injured Patriots tackle Matt Light during Sunday's game.

As Light lay on the Heinz Field turf with an apparently serious right leg injury during the second quarter of New England's 23-20 victory, Norwig came onto the field to offer help.

That prompted Belichick, who cautiously guards all injury information, to emphatically order the trainer off the field. Light later left the stadium with a cast on his leg.

NFL trainers normally treat only their own players but will offer their assistance during a serious injury, especially when it involves a visiting team player. Most teams have larger medical staffs for home games than for road games.

Belichick also may have been upset because Steelers coach Bill Cowher went onto the field to offer condolences to Patriots safety Rodney Harrison after he badly injured a knee earlier in the game. Harrison is expected to miss the rest of the season with a torn left knee ligament.

What a prick.Our guy's trying to help Light and Bellicheck orders him away from the injured player.What if our trainer was only telling him to not move at all or it could possibly be injured more.Bellicheck doesn't care about a guy's career or well-being,only about being able to gaurd the injury report.

Also,Cowher showed class by going out to offer condolences to Harrison,a classless player.It's something Bellichick wouldn't do,that's for sure.

Now Harrison is out for the year,and I wouldn't be surprised of Light is out for the year or at least misses substantial time.Everyone will know thier week spot when the come back to the field-the knee.It doesn't matter how badly BB lies on the injury report.

Avoid LLoyd1975
09-27-2005, 03:22 PM
Belicheck is a cock. We did to Harrison what we did to Ty Law last year. They may have come out with the win but so did we in a sense as well.

Va_steeler
09-27-2005, 03:27 PM
Thats What Happens When You Win Super Bowls And You Think Your Shit Doesn't Stink! The More They Act Like That The More Respect Gets Lost For Them.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-27-2005, 03:32 PM
Another thing about Harrison really quick.He's one of the most classless players in the NFL.He's always taking cheap shots and trying to injure players,at times successfully (see Duce Staley last year).Well,I think he had this knee injury coming.Hey Rodney,karma's a bitch...ain't it?

Da Boot
09-27-2005, 04:35 PM
He's a jackass.....thats it.

geran42o
09-27-2005, 04:50 PM
Another thing about Harrison really quick.He's one of the most classless players in the NFL.He's always taking cheap shots and trying to injure players,at times successfully (see Duce Staley last year).Well,I think he had this knee injury coming.Hey Rodney,karma's a bitch...ain't it?
Hey Burgher. That's it in a nutshell. Nail meet the head of the hammer.

tony hipchest
09-27-2005, 05:09 PM
todays post gazette said that parcells jr. yelled at norwieg? (steelers trainer) "get the [explitive] away from my player".

i posted a funny poll on another board whether rodney will throw bogus flags against the steelers when he becomes an official and 1 dudes response was that hes got 2 things no steeler does: talent and class. ??????????WTF??????????? where to these patriot fans get off thinking that guys like harrison and bruschi are classy. they throw that word around like no other player in the nfl has class and its something that trully seperates their players from all others. bruschi and harrison were 2 of the biggest showboating gloating players in the nfl. barry sanders had class. belichick does not. in fact id have to say dillon, once arriving in n.e. was one of the classiest players they had. robert craft is a classy owner. these crazy patfans need to quit confusing playing hard and being a favorite player with being "classy". sorry patriot fans but your team is no more classy than any other team in the nfl. but then again these are the same people who will try to convince you that manny ramirez is classy taking a piss in the outfield during a game. patriots really havent had a classy player since d. bledsoe or c. martin left. so please dont come here with that "our team is classy crap" walter payton is rolling over in his grave every time you say it.

hardwork
09-27-2005, 06:08 PM
I'm sure you won't mind if I use my own definition of who has class rather then a Steeler fans definition.

Got your Super Bowl tickets yet?

tony hipchest
09-27-2005, 06:23 PM
I'm sure you won't mind if I use my own definition of who has class rather then a Steeler fans definition.

Got your Super Bowl tickets yet?
im sure that is a reference to 2001 when steelers had travel plans arranged for the superbowl (just as the pats and every team does in the conference champ games) weak!

here comes the "no respect card" what defines the patriots class? please tell me why they are so classy whereas other teams are not? i have already posted some classy players and people from that organization and if you could expand on that with proof or examples id be more than happy to add them to my list. if warrick dunn plays for them and i over looked it i would be more than glad to aknowledge it.

I.C. Lights
09-27-2005, 06:43 PM
The Patriots have always been a classy team because they've always been dignified and respectful on and off the field. If this story is true, then it seems that the team's apparent struggle to maintain that image starts from the top down. There's no excuse for that behavior from a head coach and creating derivations of the word "class" isn't going to fix it. If the Pat's don't care about that image any more or if it simply left with Weis, that's one thing; but, if they want to hold on to that image then they'll have to shape up. Like I said before, it will be interesting to see how this plays out and whether it affects the team in the long run.

tony hipchest
09-27-2005, 06:54 PM
i forgot to mention how classy bruschi was mocking t.o. with his wingflap after the superbowl. didnt vrabel pile on and do it too? and before anyone says hines did it first it was a playful endzone celebration and im not on here trying to profess how classy hines is. this thread is about bill belichick acting like an ass. r. kraft may wanna step in if they want to protect this contrived image.

hardwork
09-27-2005, 07:10 PM
"id be more than happy to add them to my list."

Yeah, well, why would we care about your list?

Suitanim
09-27-2005, 07:15 PM

Do you know there is a "Quote" feature here? It's pretty easy to use, as well...

And, who is "we"? Ya got a mouse in your pocket, or are you implying you play for the Patriots along with that other weirdo who signs his posts as "Tom Brady"?

hardwork
09-27-2005, 07:18 PM
I thought you were going to run along son?

tony hipchest
09-27-2005, 07:48 PM

still no examples of "classy" patriot players???? i didnt think so. its just a hollow word you patfans like to throw out in a desperate attempt to garner respact and make your team seem better than they are. was the steelers dynasty of the 70's classy? who cares? they straight up balled and whooped ass. do the steelers of today need to brag about how classy they are? who cares? and no.

tony hipchest
09-27-2005, 07:53 PM
patriots and their fans saying they are classy is like coing out to a strip club and while you are getting a lap dance a fine assed naked girl whispers in your ear "ive got a 150 i.q.". lol. once again hollow words and who cares.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-27-2005, 11:53 PM
Latest update from .. http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05271/578904.stm

Steelers Notebook: NFL trainer says Belichick's act uncommon

Wednesday, September 28, 2005
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The president of the pro football athletic trainers society expressed surprise yesterday that any NFL coach would rudely chase off a trainer offering aid to a seriously injured player on a football field.

"It's a common courtesy for the home team," said Steve Antonopulous, the trainer for the Denver Broncos who heads the NFL group.

Steelers trainer John Norwig came onto the field to offer his help Sunday when Patriots tackle Matt Light was seriously injured in the second quarter at Heinz Field. New England coach Bill Belichick went up to Norwig and rudely told him to leave, using a profanity.

"I really don't know the full extent of everything," Antonopulous said, "but I'm surprised if it occurred to any of our athletic trainers in our organization."

Antonopulous said the home trainer meets with the visiting trainer before games to determine logistics and other matters -- where the X-ray room is, where the paramedics are located on the field, ambulances, etc.

"If a player goes down on the field and is there for a little bit or has a recognizable serious injury, the home trainer will go to that area of the field to offer his assistance," Antonopulous said. "That's a common courtesy. That's something each of us does. It helps the situation as it is on the field to expedite the medical care of the individual -- expedites getting the cart on the field, paramedics if needed, if they need to be transported off the field."

Antonopulous said he has been in the business for 30 years and never experienced anything like Norwig faced from Belichick.

"No, sir, it's actually opposite of that," he said, noting the opposing coach appreciates the medical aid.

BB2W
09-27-2005, 11:56 PM
I heard on ESPN radio, that while they ran our training staff off on the field... they allowed them to help tend to Light, and Harrison's injuries in the lockeroom.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-28-2005, 12:02 AM
Yeah, oh btw, can you find me some more tape!!! :screwy: :grin:

hardwork
09-28-2005, 12:25 AM
You all sound like a bunch a democrats protesting the war in Iraq. Get a life.

Prosdo
09-28-2005, 12:48 AM
When Light went down I think it was after Rodney and I think one other guy got hurt. Probably came out of frustration. Of course it wasn't the best move or thing to say. But hey what can you do.

Dirtywater
09-28-2005, 02:13 AM
Guys, seriously, look inward about trying to win a Super Bowl with your team than criticizing the guy who has won 3 out of the last 4.

Stop worrying about policing fans and personel and start to ask why your coach hasn't delivered it. And I'm not talking smack. I'm being serious.

What our coach and team does has zero bearing on your reasons for success or failure. Anything more is useless and rings of hollow jealousy.

You're better than that. Save this whoa-is-me act for Colts fans.

Ambridge
09-28-2005, 06:04 AM
I posted the same topic over in the NFL Forum.

Watch out guys!
The sensitivity squad from the Patriots Police will probably be here to defend their honor.

CowherLover
09-28-2005, 08:13 AM
Guys, seriously, look inward about trying to win a Super Bowl with your team than criticizing the guy who has won 3 out of the last 4.

Stop worrying about policing fans and personel and start to ask why your coach hasn't delivered it. And I'm not talking smack. I'm being serious.

What our coach and team does has zero bearing on your reasons for success or failure. Anything more is useless and rings of hollow jealousy.

I believe the topic was along the lines of your coach being a DICK, not a SB caliber coach. Your aggravation with the topic must give it some credibility otherwise you would care less. I couldn't stand your coach when he was with the Brown's and I still can't stand him. I give him his props because of obvious reasons, but I think I have a mop that has a better personality! It kills me to see a true nice-guy like Mike Vrabel act the way he did against the Saints when he ran back a turnover for a td, holding the ball out and yanking it away like that from the fan. What an ass! It has to be the company he's been keeping because I've followed him his whole career. I wish we never let him go.

BB2W
09-28-2005, 11:27 AM

Thanks for the info about Cowher and the Pats Superbowls. We were not aware that he has lost any big games, or of the Pats recent success. We are all amazed by your discovery, Thanks again...

This is not about Cowher, it is about your asshole coach cursing and running off our trainer trying to lend a hand to a serious injury. What a prick!!!

If this is what Steelers fans want to talk about, and you don't like it... Then go back to your Patriot board. :idea:

Dont you think we are well aware of Cowhers struggles in the big game. Are you kidding me? That topic has been beaten to death at every Steelers board on the net.

hardwork
09-28-2005, 12:02 PM
Exactly DW.

If you Steeler fans know your coach can't handle the big games, get another coach. Crying about ours isn't going to help you.

CowherLover
09-28-2005, 12:48 PM
Exactly DW.

If you Steeler fans know your coach can't handle the big games, get another coach. Crying about ours isn't going to help you.

You would be the epitomy of the "fan" that gets under my skin. It's obviously been long enough for you to forget how long your team sucked ass! This thread wasn't anything about wins and losses or your coach vs ours. Yet it seems to have turned that way because we struck a nerve by establishing a valid point; Your coach is an asshole!
But since you brought up the topic, at least since Cowher has been here we've been able to enjow winning seasons (almost) every year and he's not a smarmy little egocentric prick like your coach!

hardwork
09-28-2005, 01:09 PM
"CowherLover" Isn't that sweet. How long have you loved him?

I.C. Lights
09-28-2005, 09:38 PM

I think most of us are more concerned with our own team then BB's recent actions. Trying to characterize this thread as useless and envious, however, is only going to fuel it more because it remains a legitimate and revelant topic (this is furthered by the recent articles on the matter as well). You might consider the broader picture here: that Steeler fans or football fans in general. We watch, play, coach, etc. From that perspective, all of this crazy BB stuff matters because it's an example for all of us of how not to act. I understand that you are trying to diminish its importance, but that is a completely subjective matter over which you have no control or bearing. If you want to see it stop, just ignore it and it will go away soon.

Dirtywater
09-28-2005, 10:29 PM
I'm simply more amazed that you even care. How does this affect your team winning or losing at all?

So, to talk about it to get a cheap "we're better than them" does ring of jealousy. And if our coach is a jerk to you guys, what else would you want? Him to send you a cake or cookies?

To quote Herm, "You play to win the game." This is just a strange topic, and the self-righteousness in it is weird too. If it doesn't affect the game or your playing, I just fail to see what this has to do with anything other than a "we are better than them". That is settled on the field at game-time.

I really am not talking trash. I respect your team alot, you are a great team and have great players, but this is exactly what Colt fans do and I just figured you guys were above & past that. That's what struck me as odd.

SEMP
09-28-2005, 10:43 PM
You all sound like a bunch a democrats protesting the war in Iraq. Get a life.

A republican from boston ?????

hardwork
09-28-2005, 10:59 PM
"A Republican from Boston ???"

Yeah, there are a few of us old yankees still around.

I.C. Lights
09-28-2005, 11:13 PM
I just fail to see what this has to do with anything other than a "we are better than them". That is settled on the field at game-time.

I really am not talking trash. I respect your team alot, you are a great team and have great players, but this is exactly what Colt fans do and I just figured you guys were above & past that. That's what struck me as odd.

I'm not sure that being concerned about BB's actions is stooping to a level from which we are supposed to be "above." If anything, a forum based solely on winning and loosing games would be a little superficial, if not boring. You choose to characterize this as whining, which is your perrogative. However, there is nothing self-righteous about being disappointed about BB's actions. Moreover, I don't see where any post on this thread claiming that our team has never made these same types of mistakes.

It's a shame that fans who are disappointed with a coach's or a player's actions are being discouraged from expressing their views and summarily dismissed as whiners by those who can't take the criticism. But, alas, this is clearly important to some dissenters because they keep responding. Indeed, those who are interested only in wins and losses don't really need a forum at all.

Livinginthe past
09-29-2005, 12:50 AM
I'm simply more amazed that you even care. How does this affect your team winning or losing at all?

So, to talk about it to get a cheap "we're better than them" does ring of jealousy. And if our coach is a jerk to you guys, what else would you want? Him to send you a cake or cookies?

To quote Herm, "You play to win the game." This is just a strange topic, and the self-righteousness in it is weird too. If it doesn't affect the game or your playing, I just fail to see what this has to do with anything other than a "we are better than them". That is settled on the field at game-time.

Hey DW,

I have decided to stay clear of this topic pretty much.
These guys are like a dog with a bone... the more you try and take it off em - the more they pull harder to keep it going.

I say - let em have it - trying to make a constructive argument in favor of our coach is seen as saying the Pats are perfect - between me and you we know that this is a classic case of displacement.

For all the pretence - its just a medium for ridding themselves of some of the frustration of last sunday.

Cheers

NM

Dirtywater
09-29-2005, 01:14 AM
Hey DW,

I have decided to stay clear of this topic pretty much.
These guys are like a dog with a bone... the more you try and take it off em - the more they pull harder to keep it going.

I say - let em have it - trying to make a constructive argument in favor of our coach is seen as saying the Pats are perfect - between me and you we know that this is a classic case of displacement.

For all the pretence - its just a medium for ridding themselves of some of the frustration of last sunday.

Cheers

NM

I see. All good.

Va_steeler
10-01-2005, 02:26 AM

Every coach plays a game to win it! That is not the point we are making. The medic was doing his job and tring to help out a player on the other team mind you, and to top that Cowher came out as well. As Light lay on the Heinz Field turf with an apparently serious right leg injury during the second quarter of New England's 23-20 victory, Norwig came onto the field to offer help. That prompted Belichick, who cautiously guards all injury information, to emphatically order the trainer off the field. Light later left the stadium with a cast on his leg. NFL trainers normally treat only their own players but will offer their assistance during a serious injury, especially when it involves a visiting team player. Most teams have larger medical staffs for home games than for road games. Belichick also may have been upset because Steelers coach Bill Cowher went onto the field to offer condolences to Patriots safety Rodney Harrison after he badly injured a knee earlier in the game. Harrison is expected to miss the rest of the season with a torn left knee ligament.
Again get a life Patriots! :monkey:

steelers2motorcity
10-02-2005, 10:39 AM
As if our trainer would put out an APB on the sidelines about the injury....and what approach would the Steelers take if Light would've stayed in the game..."Oh he has a boo-boo...let's try to make it worse?!" WTF????

As if the Steelers are cheap shot artists and try to hurt opponents....

Class...the Steelers have it....Bellicheck doesn't....remember where he came from >>> CLEVELAND!!

slashsteel
10-02-2005, 03:00 PM
Speaking of frustration (this time for the pats) this sunday the pats are having their a$$es handed to them. Go Chargers ! They are kicking the patsiepuffs butts! Oh hell yea. Two losses already ? ? Say goodbye to the dynasty! Wasn't that living withmommie poster that was saying something about that the Chargers coaching? Yea that coaching is sure lousy they have already scored over 30 on the puffs! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I said before the pats will be exposed, and it already is coming to pass. Looks like they put everything they had into the Steeler game. Shame to see them fall. So much for another streak, as it looks like it is going to be soon a home loss. Oh I love it, yes!

2 out of 4 I wanna Sey mour! LMFAO!

WittleWillie39
10-02-2005, 06:05 PM
We just have alot more class then NE will ever have. Haha. We hurt Rodney Harrison twice in the last year. :)

hardwork
10-02-2005, 06:11 PM
An example of Steeler class?: "Haha. We hurt Rodney Harrison twice in the last year."

WittleWillie39
10-02-2005, 06:13 PM
hey! Its not my fault Rodney Harrison cant take a hit.