PDA

View Full Version : Trade Offered

Prosdo
09-27-2005, 04:08 PM
Okay this is my first year doing Fantasy Football. I use to do baseball, but the seasons were way too long for me.

Here is my current roster: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/609506/3
Other guys roster: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/609506/1

I was offered a trade for L. Tomlinson. For LT the guy will trade me P.Manning IND QB, L.Fitzgerald ARI WR, S.Davis CAR RB, and T.Jones CHI RB. I am pretty sure I am going to take this trade, but my one thing is this guy is probably my second biggest threat on this league. He will have S.Alexander and L.Tomlinson as a hell of 1-2 RB punch and my team has been doing great so far (3-0). Kind of like if it's not broke don't fix it sort of thing lol. What do you guys think?

clevestinks
09-27-2005, 04:37 PM
1 for 4? Your commish will approve this??

Prosdo
09-27-2005, 04:42 PM
Good point. There was a 2 for 6 player trade I think it was in week 1 maybe? I think it went through not sure though.

*edit* Just checked. The team managers could block it by the majority declining.

tootalltoscore
09-27-2005, 06:11 PM
Whilst this sounds like a great trade, personally I have a few reasons not to accept.

1. Manning, we have not heard much about his arm this year, but he is certainly down on previous years, unless this is a keeper league I feel a little wary, he is just not firing on all cylinders.

2. Fitzgerald (in my team) despite Warner being told to throw his way more often he is not getting enough receptions.

3. Davis a bit of a crock? a big risk.

4. Jones how long will he keep Benson out, I doubt if it will be much past half season

Against this losing LT would be disastrous IMHO :smile: mind you what do I know, I'm just a crazy Brit who is currently also 3-0 in the Steeler Fever Forum Fantasy League :grin:

Prosdo
09-27-2005, 06:24 PM
Yeah. I know what you mean tootal. I am very tempted to take it. But Carson for now is putting up much better numbers than Manning. Roethlisberger is as well. I think I have a good combo with LT and Tiki. If I trade him the guy will have the top two RBs. Alexander and LT. I'm thinking it over for now, but I'm kind of in the it's not broke so why fix it mind set.

BB2W
09-27-2005, 10:17 PM
It looks like a great trade from your perspective, but giving him the Alexander/LT combo makes him near unbeatable. Together, they scored like 100 points in one of my leagues (more than some teams). The trade will likely not be approved by the other owners, but if it was... I would still say it could be a bad move. :twocents:

Keep in mind that RB's (espescially LT) are always more valuable than QB's... even Manning. Your only hope would be that Peyton ends up with 40+ TD's, and considering his slow start you would benifit greatly... IMO. Then again, I am 1 and 2 in the SF league... so take it how you want. :rolleyes:

One more thing.... You are almost never getting the better end of a trade when excepting a proposal... considering the porposer knows how to make their team better, and what it is gonna take to win the league...

I would say counter-offer... for LT and one of your quality/expendable players for Alexander and Manning.

You have the upperhand... LT is the best fantasy player in the game.

Prosdo
09-27-2005, 10:35 PM
That was my problem BB2W. He is my second biggest threat and if he has LT and Alexander I won't be able to beat him. I don't think he will go for a trade with LT and someone for Alexander and Manning because he is going for that RB 1-2 punch. I think I'm just going to decline. I have three quarterbacks that aren't doing too bad Brady, Roethlisberger, and Palmer. Thanks for the input. :smile:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-27-2005, 11:33 PM
If you've got the RB's to spare. Plus Manning will get going there's no doubt, and having him and manning in your arsenal not only helps you but keeps others from getting points on ya too.

Prosdo
09-28-2005, 12:56 AM
At the moment I have three RBs. Tiki, LT, and Willie. I also have three QB's Roethlisberger, Palmer, and Brady. I think I have some pretty quality guys on my team right now. The other thing I thought of just now is I will have to drop 3 guys. Probably a QB, RB, and either QB/RB/WR. This could work to his advantage. He has 3 open spots. With the guys I drop he could make some nice pickups. The more I think about this the more the trade seems like a bad idea.

Prosdo
09-29-2005, 11:15 PM
Ended up turning down the trade. He would have to much of a threat with his RB combo. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Steel - X
10-04-2005, 02:52 PM
Very very smart move. It doesnt matter who your running backs are LT is the best Fantasy player in the game. You would have been dissapointed making that trade.

Prosdo
10-04-2005, 03:56 PM
Yeah. The same guy is making me another offer with good WR's, but no way am I letting him get LT. Then he'll have Alexander and LT. He would be unbeatable.

Steel - X
10-06-2005, 03:27 PM
Yeah LT2 and SA would be a tuff combination to beat. The only way I trade LT2 is if I need help every where on the team and I am loosing week in and week out.