PDA

View Full Version : Things are awful quiet in the Big House.

revefsreleets
09-08-2007, 05:03 PM
Oregon looks like a really good team. USC better watch out. I was sure that Michigan would rebound, but the Ducks are better than I thought, and Michigan's defense is really bad. It could be a really long year for the Wolverines.

packmule
09-08-2007, 05:36 PM
looks like the malaise and blue are going down!!!!!!!!

revefsreleets
09-08-2007, 05:39 PM
I have to admit I was dead wrong. I thought the loss to D1-AA would wake the Wolverines up, but it appears they just absolutely suck defensively.

steelergirl07
09-08-2007, 06:56 PM
there offense isn't doing too great either.

Edman
09-08-2007, 06:57 PM
The Wolverine D really misses Branch and Woodley.

Thought this was bad, wait until they play Ohio State and the other ranked teams. This may be the most embarrassing Michigan team in years.

revefsreleets
09-08-2007, 07:42 PM
Holtz makes a good point at halftime in the PSU ND game. Michigan recruits well, but they don't win. Can anyone say "bad coaching"?

I'm an OSU fan and I'm saying fire Carr. If the Bucks win the game, it's no surprise, but if UM gets super motivated and plays their best game (like they did last year) against the Buckeyes and find a way to win, the suck from their program tarnishes the Buckeyes program, which doesn't deserve it.

StinkyB
09-09-2007, 01:05 AM
Mich might get a win next week against ND, but it won't count for much.

Haiku_Dirtt
09-09-2007, 02:32 AM
Oregon looks like a really good team. USC better watch out. I was sure that Michigan would rebound, but the Ducks are better than I thought, and Michigan's defense is really bad. It could be a really long year for the Wolverines.

It does take an 0-4 start to the season (ND, Michigan combined) for this response - not to mention Auburn, Georgia.

And the close calls?

Oregon looked like a really good team in 2000. NO. If fact their defense was choke and nothing short of pure nasty. The Ducks were dogrobbed of their right to the National Title because Miami vs. Nebraska had the sex appeal.

I didn't pile on Michigan last week so I could this week. What about all of your losses on defense to the NFL? They weren't in the NFL last year when you lost to the Buckeyes and the Trojans. One key reason why USC lost to Texas in the Rose Bowl is because Lofa Tatupu left as a JUNIOR to call plays as a ROOKIE for the the Seahawks in the Super Bowl. The third-string linebackers were lost.

No animosity here towards the Wolverines. Be happy you didn't have Larry Smith as HC.

As for SC...hell yeah they better watch out. Each and every f--king week.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
09-09-2007, 09:11 AM
I love it. Michigan's misery gives me so much joy.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-09-2007, 09:46 AM
I love it. Michigan's misery gives me so much joy.

Ohhhhh me too. I hate That School Up North.

I work at a gas station and I had some scUMmers come in and buy beer last night...i quacked at them. :sofunny::toofunny:

pittsburghp8baller
09-09-2007, 11:09 AM
Mich might get a win next week against ND, but it won't count for much.

nope nope nope notre dame is goin to get their first win and michigan will still be stuck on 0

rpkachik
09-09-2007, 12:57 PM
i think the 07 wolverines are the most overranked team in college football history, they're 0-2 AT HOME!!

revefsreleets
09-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Since losing is contagious, I'm looking at UM's schedule and thinking that they can probably beat Northwestern, they'll beat Eastern Michigan, they can probably beat Minnesota (since the lost to a mid-pack MAC team, Bowling Green), and they might beat Michigan State. They might be looking at a season where they are 5-7 or even 4-8. I'd say that would definitely make them the most overrated college team of all time.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
09-09-2007, 04:34 PM
The only thing that concerns me now is the Big 10 is gonna loose a lot of legitamacy. With OSU getting blown out in the national title game last year and now the "2007 Big Ten Champs" getting romped the BCS selection commitee is gonna be hard pressed to chose a Big Ten team.

revefsreleets
09-09-2007, 04:47 PM
If OSU wins out, with PSU and Wisconsin very strong this year, and what looks like a vastly improved Washington (road game) on the schedule, they'll have enough juice to get the nod. The Buckeyes defense is going to be as good as any in the Country, but they are going to need to pick it up offensively. I guess Akron has a really good defense for a MAC team, but they are still just a MAC team, and the Bucks offense needs to get a lot better.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
09-09-2007, 04:59 PM
If OSU wins out, with PSU and Wisconsin very strong this year, and what looks like a vastly improved Washington (road game) on the schedule, they'll have enough juice to get the nod. The Buckeyes defense is going to be as good as any in the Country, but they are going to need to pick it up offensively. I guess Akron has a really good defense for a MAC team, but they are still just a MAC team, and the Bucks offense needs to get a lot better.

Yeah the Bucks O looked horrible in the first half. They really need to get Bennie going if the want to contend for the Big Ten title this year.

revefsreleets
09-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Actually, I think Brandon Saine might actually be the answer if Wells doesn't step up. He's been really impressive so far.