PDA

View Full Version : Best Sports Movie Ever...

GBMelBlount
09-09-2007, 12:23 AM
AOL just listed their top 25 sports movies ever. Many are favorites of mine. Brians Song, Miracle, Titans, Field of Dreams, Rocky, etc. My #2 all time is "The Natural" with Robert Redford...My all time favorite isn't even on the top 25...... I've watched it 30+ times.....The Steelers Super bowl season DVD, it is truly amazing!!!!!! Here we go! :tt02:

The Duke
09-09-2007, 12:28 AM
My all time favorite isn't even on the top 25...... I've watched it 30+ times.....The Steelers Super bowl DVD, it is truly amaing!

That one is truly the best.

Brian's song is my personal favorite, I think I even read the book.

And if we're also counting comedys then The Longest Yard is one of the best too

stlrtruck
09-09-2007, 12:41 AM
Varsity Blues
Remember the Titans
Gridiron Gang
The Replacements
Tin Cup
For Love of the Game
The Longest Yard (original and remake)
Facing the Giants (great flick)
Marshall (and I haven't seen it yet.)

StinkyB
09-09-2007, 01:04 AM
Sandlot.

tony hipchest
09-09-2007, 01:26 AM
i quickly list these in no particular order but they are all movies i can (and have) watched over and over. i will leave off most of the obvious such as "major league" and "field of dreams".

i appreciate the social message in "remember the titans. great cast and acting. one of my most favorite movies.

to a similar degree "a league of their own". hilarious move with great acting despite rosie o'puke.

"wildcats" great cast and goldie hawn is hot (especially in the tub).

"waterboy" cowhers finest acting job (other than as a coach on 06 :chuckle:

"glory road" basketball version of remember the titans.

"invincable" can totally relate.

"rocky III" watched this over and over when it 1st hit HBO. of course the others belong.

"million dollar baby" morgan freeman's narration + clint eastwood = what more do you need other than an excellent story.

"talledega nights" must get recognition along with "blades of glory" because it is will farrell doing what he does best.

"six pack" with kenny rogers

'days of thunder' great cast. on track stuff was kinda hokey but all the off track stuff was well done.

"3" for an espn for tv production it was a great movie.

"fast times at ridgemont high" ok, this wasnt a sports movie but the hs football elements it did contain were great.

"caddyshack" always makes this list, and why shouldnt it?

so those are some of my favorites. i'll leave off the completely homeristic "the fish that saved pittsburgh"

Aussie_steeler
09-09-2007, 07:00 AM
My all time favourite is "The Natural" and another must is "Field of Dreams"

I also enjoy the historical recounts such as "We are Marshall", "Remember the Titans", "Friday Night Lights" & "Invincible". They quickly give you a kick in the rear to motivate you.

"Eight men out" and "The replacements" are another few that come to mind.

For some reason "Any given Sunday" is a movie I can watch again and again. "Million Dollar Baby" was a powerful movie that just floored me.

I am a golf nut so I also love "Happy Gilmore" and "Caddyshack". Along those lines, is "Dodgeball" a sports movie. I LMAO watching that one.

Sports movies always get first preference in our house. There is no tolerance for girly movies with us.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-09-2007, 07:27 AM
How can noone have mentioned "HOOSIERS" yet???!!!

Mosca
09-09-2007, 08:19 AM
The Rookie. For all the old guys who held onto that dream into their '40s, and later.

Best football movie: North Dallas Forty.If any younger guys haven't seen this one, see it.

One of the best things about these two movies is, the action is real. Quaid knows how to throw a baseball. Nolte went to ASU on a football scholarship. It helps a sports movie when the guys know what they're doing.

Not saying these are the best ever or anything, but they are a couple of my faves.

n

Tom

83-Steelers-43
09-09-2007, 08:25 AM
Slap Shot.

n_w4MV_LwMw

Hammer67
09-09-2007, 10:09 AM
Why is it when the thread calls for "greatest movie of all time" people give lists??!!! Come on guys!!!! COP OUTS!!!!

I vote Slap Shot as well.

lilyoder6
09-09-2007, 10:17 PM
I vote for Rudy.. i mean seriously... great great movie.. aren't they making a rudy 2????

xXTheSteelKingsXx
09-09-2007, 10:43 PM
I'd have to say Remember The Titans. I love that movie.

pitt
09-10-2007, 12:39 AM
Rocky 1 is the best. The replacements is good too.

steelpinstripe72
09-10-2007, 01:10 AM
aren't they making a rudy 2????

Oh, I hope not. I love Rudy, but please...no sequel.

Best ever? Can't really pick one, but I have to say my favorite at the moment is We Are Marshall. Comes out on DVD in 8 days. Finally. :thumbsup:

Preacher
09-10-2007, 01:15 AM
Why is it when the thread calls for "greatest movie of all time" people give lists??!!! Come on guys!!!! COP OUTS!!!!

I vote Slap Shot as well.

Slap shot is it... but I also love Miracle. It is a toss up for me.

MACH1
09-10-2007, 01:17 AM
Talladega Nights :chuckle:

FOOTEupyourarse
09-10-2007, 07:25 AM
the fish that saved pittsburgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.................. .........also like jerry mcguire

Virginia Steeler
09-10-2007, 09:48 AM
jerry mcguire is like a chick flick and a sports movie at the same time...I have always said that it is the perfect date movie

but -- best sports movie is Hoosiers.

memphissteelergirl
09-10-2007, 10:50 AM
"Rocky;" 1 and 2-the other sequels were flat-out terrible. I have heard some good reviews on "Rocky Balboa"-will have to rent it and see.

"Hoosiers" hands down the best ever...

Honorable mentions to:

"Miracle"
"Glory Road"

X-Terminator
09-10-2007, 11:26 AM
How is Bull Durham not mentioned among the best? That movie produced some of the best lines and scenes ever. The meeting at the mound is my personal favorite.

fansince'76
09-10-2007, 12:30 PM
Raging Bull.

Crushzilla
09-10-2007, 02:14 PM
The Natural

Hammer67
09-10-2007, 06:56 PM
How is Bull Durham not mentioned among the best? That movie produced some of the best lines and scenes ever. The meeting at the mound is my personal favorite.

"Let's turn two!!!"

By the way....Rudy was offsides.

Maidenarcher
09-10-2007, 07:53 PM
I would have to say Million Dollar Baby and Miracle....

xXTheSteelKingsXx
09-10-2007, 08:12 PM
Another one I like that I don't think has been mentioned is Friday Night Lights.