View Full Version : The best football commercial I have ever seen...period

Infamix
09-09-2007, 12:21 AM
Pw7XwdWpe9M

Besides the Steelers getting run over at the end =D

But seriously, how cool is that?

j-dawg
09-09-2007, 12:29 AM
hells yeah... i think the song is from "the last of the mohicans".. but that was a cool commercial.

Infamix
09-09-2007, 12:33 AM
hells yeah... i think the song is from "the last of the mohicans".. but that was a cool commercial.

oh your right...i knew that sounded familiar

Crushzilla
09-09-2007, 12:58 AM
It was cool, but I'm going to have to agree with my drunk roommate who just flipped out when we saw it on TV.

Awesome commercial, but we can't have this kind of karma going into the season!

steelshirts
09-09-2007, 01:25 AM
If only it wasn't Merriman. Its like having Bonds in great baseball commercial.

83-Steelers-43
09-09-2007, 07:56 AM
Personally, this is my favorite NFL commercial (no steroids used or needed in this commercial)....

jfR05OzK81k

Infamix
09-09-2007, 10:28 AM
haha I like that one alot too...but IMIO from a design standpoint the steroid one :flap: is much better

83-Steelers-43
09-09-2007, 10:39 AM
haha I like that one alot too...but IMIO from a design standpoint the steroid one :flap: is much better

Don't get me wrong, I love the video. I particulary enjoyed the song from "The Last of the Mohicans" in the commercial. I just felt they should have used a player that is not juiced up and who cheated the game. Kind of a turn off in my book.

Atlanta Dan
09-09-2007, 06:10 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love the video. I particulary enjoyed the song from "The Last of the Mohicans" in the commercial. I just felt they should have used a player that is not juiced up and who cheated the game. Kind of a turn off in my book.

Agreed - probably turned on who they could use at a reasonable price (no LT, Brady, or Peyton).

But it is a cool ad (even though I initially thought it was for Madden 2007)

revefsreleets
09-09-2007, 07:17 PM
I didn't like seeing the Steelers as the team that Jackson bulled his way through at the end, but, other than that, it was a great commercial. Don't tell Tony, but that is a great example of marketing working at it's best.

tony hipchest
09-09-2007, 07:25 PM
:yawn:

using football players to market a shoe company. i wonder who the genius is who figured that out. :toofunny:

majoring in marketing is like majoring in sociology.

excellent effects on the commercial though.

revefsreleets
09-09-2007, 07:36 PM
:yawn:

using football players to market a shoe company. i wonder who the genius is who figured that out. :toofunny:

majoring in marketing is like majoring in sociology.

excellent effects on the commercial though.

LOL...there you go again. "Since they both fly". By the way, there is a PhD in Sociology available from Harvard. I don't think, however and unfortunately for you, that they offer a correspondence degree based solely on misguided and uninformed opinion.

nojobny
09-09-2007, 07:42 PM
Yeah.. I'm not feeling the end of the commercial either... oh great. I'd on again.

revefsreleets
09-09-2007, 07:44 PM
I just now saw it again in the Dallas/NYG game. To relegate this commercial to "Just another NFL player endorsing a product" is like comparing a Commodore 64 to a Cray III super computer. But, in some people's simpler worlds, computers, like commercials are pretty much all the same.

tony hipchest
09-10-2007, 08:21 PM
lol. i just saw this commercial again and was wondering exactly what it is they are advertising. is it shoes? under armor? gatorade? a video game? nfl network? toothpaste?

its another cool comercial with some nice special effects, that is just as ambiguous as anything and will be totally forgotten in about 1-3 years. not exactly mean joe green and "have a coke and a smile" now is it? :smile:

but then again, it doesnt take a marketing "expert" to figure that out.

this will have a shorter shelf life than "chicks dig the long ball" or mj and bird playing HORSE.

i bet kordell delivering newspapers on a bicycle had a greater impact on the bottom line...

*click clack*

fansince'76
09-10-2007, 08:25 PM
its another cool comercial with some nice special effects, that is just as ambiguous as anything and will be totally forgotten in about 1-3 years. not exactly mean joe green and "have a coke and a smile" now is it? :smile:

Agreed - as cool as these new commercials are with all the expensive SFX, the MJG Coke commercial from back in the day is timeless. In my humble opinion, still the best of the bunch.

Borski
09-10-2007, 11:41 PM
It ends before you know what happens, so IMO the Steelers are the team that stopped him:tt02:

tony hipchest
09-11-2007, 12:06 AM
I just now saw it again in the Dallas/NYG game. To relegate this commercial to "Just another NFL player endorsing a product" is like comparing a Commodore 64 to a Cray III super computer. But, in some people's simpler worlds, computers, like commercials are pretty much all the same.

i just saw the year old peyton manning "Direct TV NFL Ticket" commercial where he is involved in a blow out (much like that against the saints) and he pauses the game to tell fans they can watch a much more exciting game with his brother vs. the cowboys (see giants vs cowboys on opening night 07). funny how a year old commercial is still relevant today, and a true example of great marketing.

anyways, good luck waving the pom poms for this new nike commercial that uses some special FX that will soon be forgotten.

dont forget.... even though the space shuttle "flies" doesnt mean it doesnt crash and burn every now and again (just like your posts.)

:chuckle:

(for those saying :huh:, apparantly simple marketing is more difficult than putting man on the moon.)

sixstringlass
09-11-2007, 04:30 AM
It ends before you know what happens, so IMO the Steelers are the team that stopped him:tt02:

I'm with you. That commercial came on Sunday morning, and my kid was going crazy telling me all about the graphics and stuff, and my husband started going on and on about the soundtrack (he even has the damned thing on CD!) and I was watching it....

And then it got to the end... and as if hubby and kid had never spoken to me at all, I said:

"And they want me to believe that the Steelers let him through? Oh, yeah. Riiiiight."

RoethlisBURGHer
09-12-2007, 08:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrk9I1jhJ9U

One of my facorites...particularly because he can't catch anything during a game.

revefsreleets
09-12-2007, 09:41 PM
i just saw the year old peyton manning "Direct TV NFL Ticket" commercial where he is involved in a blow out (much like that against the saints) and he pauses the game to tell fans they can watch a much more exciting game with his brother vs. the cowboys (see giants vs cowboys on opening night 07). funny how a year old commercial is still relevant today, and a true example of great marketing.

anyways, good luck waving the pom poms for this new nike commercial that uses some special FX that will soon be forgotten.

dont forget.... even though the space shuttle "flies" doesnt mean it doesnt crash and burn every now and again (just like your posts.)

:chuckle:

(for those saying :huh:, apparantly simple marketing is more difficult than putting man on the moon.)

LOL LOL LOL Tony. Nobody even knows what we are talking about. Nice try, though.

fansince'76
09-12-2007, 09:45 PM
LOL LOL LOL Tony. Nobody even knows what we are talking about. Nice try, though.

Wanna bet? Please, guys, cool it. OK?

GBMelBlount
09-12-2007, 10:10 PM
Agreed - as cool as these new commercials are with all the expensive SFX, the MJG Coke commercial from back in the day is timeless. In my humble opinion, still the best of the bunch.

No contest.

vasteeler
09-13-2007, 10:42 AM
Pw7XwdWpe9M

Besides the Steelers getting run over at the end =D

But seriously, how cool is that?

BUT AT THE END IT DOSENT SHOW HIM SCORING ON US SO IM GOING TO BELEIVE WE STOPPED HIM:tt02: