PDA

View Full Version : A win is a win...is a win.

Livinginthe past
09-09-2007, 05:48 PM
Clich?d, I know - but relevant all the same.

I confident that the Steelers will be competitive with every team they play this year - they are very capable of upsetting one or two of the 'big boys' of the early season power-rankings (yeah, I know how much you guys hate those...unless they rank the Steelers at no.5 or something :wink02:).

Anyhow, as much as the Browns suck - and boy(!)..do they....these games need to be put to bed - the Steelers have lost sure things in the last couple of years.

So props on a job well done (even if fumblitis wasn't a strictly 2006 fad) and good luck against Buffalo next week - although im convinced that they will give you a much better game than the Brownies.

:cheers:

Atlanta Dan
09-09-2007, 06:29 PM
Thanks LITP - did not watch the Jets game - Brady to Moss that good or a little bit of the Jets that bad?

Care to revisit whether the Jets would probably beat the Steelers?:smile:

Colts & Pats both apparently scary good but of the second tier teams the Steelers have presented
as well as anyone in Week 1.

Mosca
09-09-2007, 06:32 PM
Wet field = fumblitits. I'll worry about it if it happens on a dry day.

Tom

fansince'76
09-09-2007, 06:35 PM
Wet field = fumblitits. I'll worry about it if it happens on a dry day.

Tom

Same here, Tom - like the Bears' RBs coughing it up multiple times in bone dry San Diego today.

alittlejazzbird
09-09-2007, 06:36 PM
Thanks LITP - did not watch the Jets game - Brady to Moss that good or a little bit of the Jets that bad?

Colts & Pats both apparently scary good but of the second tier teams the Steelers have presented

I did watch Jets/Pats, and some of it was the Jets that bad. They looked pathetic on both sides of the ball. No doubt the Pats are excellent, but today wasn't any kind of challenge for them.

Broke my heart to see Chad injured. I'm not a Jets fan, but he's a good guy (from Marshall, my grad school alma mater) who's been through a lot, and I'd hate to see his season cut short again.

Livinginthe past
09-09-2007, 06:47 PM

Hey Dan,

I think the Jets offense could cause some problems for the Steelers - they kept it close for a half against us - Pennington actually played very well.

The main problem was that blitz or no blitz they could not get any pressure at all on Brady - which is a surprise - they have been all over him like a rash in recent history.

It'll take a few more weeks for things to shake out - but I think the Jets would do a little more against Pittsburghs O-line.

Im afraid, it appears to the Browns dont really have a football team at all - as I say its early - maybe the Steelers were just way too good for a team thats going to do ok this year.

steelpride12
09-09-2007, 07:02 PM
A win is a win yes and i do agree we can prob. upset some on the better teams we play this year no doubt.

NV STEELERS 723
09-09-2007, 09:13 PM
LITP....you guys have a wonderful team...its going to be fun when the STEELERS play the pats..!

Black@Gold Forever32
09-09-2007, 09:18 PM
Hey Dan,

I think the Jets offense could cause some problems for the Steelers - they kept it close for a half against us - Pennington actually played very well.

The main problem was that blitz or no blitz they could not get any pressure at all on Brady - which is a surprise - they have been all over him like a rash in recent history.

It'll take a few more weeks for things to shake out - but I think the Jets would do a little more against Pittsburghs O-line.

Im afraid, it appears to the Browns dont really have a football team at all - as I say its early - maybe the Steelers were just way too good for a team thats going to do ok this year.

Of course you would think the Jets offense could do better against the Steelers defense...Since you keep taking shots at the Steelers, their fans anymore...lol Really the Jets offense blows and would fair no better against the Steelers defense....The Steelers defense is on the level with the Pats and thats with that journeyman Dlineman Aaron Smith.....:sofunny:

I

Livinginthe past
09-09-2007, 10:02 PM
LITP....you guys have a wonderful team...its going to be fun when the STEELERS play the pats..!

Thanks, man.

Its always a HUGE game!

Livinginthe past
09-09-2007, 10:03 PM
Of course you would think the Jets offense could do better against the Steelers defense...Since you keep taking shots at the Steelers, their fans anymore...lol Really the Jets offense blows and would fair no better against the Steelers defense....The Steelers defense is on the level with the Pats and thats with that journeyman Dlineman Aaron Smith.....:sofunny:

I

Heh, We might have to wait a couple of weeks to see how you guys match up.

Til then your 1-0 and on the way..........