PDA

View Full Version : Mahan, Davis and Colon

jjpro11
09-09-2007, 07:28 PM
How'd they do? i was up in the nose bleeds and couldnt really tell how each guy did.

revefsreleets
09-09-2007, 07:31 PM
Mark Madden regurgitated the bullshit about Mahan getting pushed around by bigger NT's. Ted Washington is listed at 375, but that fat f^*k weighs 425 if he weighs a pound, and Mahan owned him all day. We are solid at center, and we have been since like 1972.

The Duke
09-09-2007, 07:31 PM
Mahan had a bad snap which cost us. Colon was a bit too aggressive

HometownGal
09-09-2007, 07:34 PM
Mark Madden regurgitated the bullshit about Mahan getting pushed around by bigger NT's. Ted Washington is listed at 375, but that fat f^*k weighs 425 if he weighs a pound, and Mahan owned him all day. We are solid at center, and we have been since like 1972.

Obviously, Madden's cheeks were full of Twinkies when he made that statement about Mahan, as he obviously wasn't watching the same game I was and didn't pay attention at TC.

I said it after TC and I'll say it again - Mahan is one strong mofo and if he can hold back and frustrate Big Snack like he did at TC, he can block just about anyone. :thumbsup:

Preacher
09-09-2007, 07:34 PM
Mahan seemed to do pretty good. He muffed a snap, but there were no other glaring mistakes.

Davis was ok. Nothing to right home about.

Colon had a couple good blocks and a good fight... about what we're going to expect out of him!

Preacher
09-09-2007, 07:36 PM
Mahan had a bad snap which cost us. Colon was a bit too aggressive

WHAT?

It is virtually impossible for a OT to be TOO agressive.

The Duke
09-09-2007, 07:38 PM
WHAT?

It is virtually impossible for a OT to be TOO agressive.

well, I saw him pushing a lineman after the play was over

GBMelBlount
09-09-2007, 07:38 PM
Mahan seemed to do pretty good. He muffed a snap, but there were no other glaring mistakes.

Colon had a couple good blocks and a good fight... about what we're going to expect out of him!

I thought he did OK. I really think our success this year may hinge on his performance. Actually, his side.

Preacher
09-09-2007, 07:43 PM
well, I saw him pushing a lineman after the play was over

Yep.

that is EXACTLY what I wanted to see as well. There are SO many head games being played. Willie C. simply said... You ain't doing this crap with me!

There was NO bad outcome, offsetting penalties...

Good Job Willie.

The Duke
09-09-2007, 07:47 PM
Yep.

that is EXACTLY what I wanted to see as well. There are SO many head games being played. Willie C. simply said... You ain't doing this crap with me!

Good Job Willie.

well, yeah if it doesn't cost us any penalties then he's doing a good job

fansince'76
09-09-2007, 07:48 PM
Yep.

Good Job Willie.

Agreed - I'd rather see that anyday than Starks the creampuff being blown right by and Ben or Willie getting clocked in the backfield because of it.

Preacher
09-09-2007, 07:48 PM
well, yeah if it doesn't cost us any penalties then he's doing a good job

The reason I love it so much, is that is the EXACT fire we lacked on the Right side last year.

The Duke
09-09-2007, 07:53 PM
The reason I love it so much, is that is the EXACT fire we lacked on the Right side last year.

But we had Starks at the right side last season.....wait, I get it :toofunny:

jjpro11
09-09-2007, 09:26 PM
what and who started the fight in the first place? did ben get hit late or something?

xXTheSteelKingsXx
09-09-2007, 09:37 PM
I have to agree with Preach. I really like to see those guys show some fight and emotion. I'm really glad Willie got the right tackle spot.

Also Davis didn't look bad at all. He made a few nice blocks and I love the idea of mixing in Krieder in short yardage.

Preacher
09-09-2007, 09:42 PM
what and who started the fight in the first place? did ben get hit late or something?

Nope, they just locked up on the line. that is all.

Tankus_Maximus
09-09-2007, 10:06 PM
I didn't catch the muffed snap, but I was impressed with how Mahan handled that fat slob Washington.

Overall I was really impressed with the O-Line protection, save for the 1 sack, but Ben had ALL day to get rid of the rock on that one.

X-Terminator
09-09-2007, 10:48 PM
I thought Mahan did a great job against Washington's labyrinthian gut.

Didn't see enough of Davis to make a call one way or the other.

Willie Colon is just a bad, bad man - gotta love that in an OL. Just hope he keeps it under control and doesn't hurt us with bad penalties.

HometownGal
09-09-2007, 11:11 PM
I didn't catch the muffed snap, but I was impressed with how Mahan handled that fat slob Washington.
Overall I was really impressed with the O-Line protection, save for the 1 sack, but Ben had ALL day to get rid of the rock on that one.

It looked like Mahan made Washington his own personal bop bag. :sofunny:

http://www.clown-ministry.com/images/bozo-the-clown-bop-bag.jpg

Preacher
09-09-2007, 11:25 PM

Willie Colon is just a bad, bad man - gotta love that in an OL. Just hope he keeps it under control and doesn't hurt us with bad penalties.

Yeah.. that is about it for colon.

a Bad bad man!! :sofunny:

and HTG.. Great pic!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-10-2007, 05:08 AM

Colon is young and needs some games under his belt..but he has almost perfect leverage...he bends at his knees and rolls his hips into the blocks...VERY nice after watching Starks stand up for the last two years.

Mahan seems stronger than I was led to believe he was..and though I saw him get some help from the guards occasionally...he looked like he held his own against Washington when one-on-one.

Carey is still an unknown quality for me....I liked what I saw in pre-season...but didnt see enough last night to form an opinion.

Preacher
09-11-2007, 12:44 AM
Colon is young and needs some games under his belt..but he has almost perfect leverage...he bends at his knees and rolls his hips into the blocks...VERY nice after watching Starks stand up for the last two years.

Mahan seems stronger than I was led to believe he was..and though I saw him get some help from the guards occasionally...he looked like he held his own against Washington when one-on-one.

Carey is still an unknown quality for me....I liked what I saw in pre-season...but didnt see enough last night to form an opinion.

LLT...

I gotta agree on all three assessments.

Steel D
09-11-2007, 03:56 AM
I posted an offensive line breakdown on my PostGameHeroes site.

Mahan did a great job on Washington. I don't know what some people were looking at. If you didnt know any better you wouldnt have even known that Washington was on the Browns roster on Sunday. I came away impressed.

I gave him a good overall grade.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-11-2007, 09:37 AM
I posted an offensive line breakdown on my PostGameHeroes site.

Mahan did a great job on Washington. I don't know what some people were looking at. If you didnt know any better you wouldnt have even known that Washington was on the Browns roster on Sunday. I came away impressed.

I gave him a good overall grade.

I live in Cleveland so I get to see lots of Clowns football.

Most of the time you wouldn't know this future hall of famer is on their roster. He's supposed to stop the run and bust up the pocket in pass plays...but he rarley does either. The Browns get ran and thrown on with ease by many teams.

Washington is just a fat slob who takes up a massive amount of space.

86wardTD
09-11-2007, 11:39 AM
Mahan was a force.. He owned his gaps, period. And as far as that bad snap.. I did not see it that way. From what I saw that is. I am not saying ben mishandled it but, it was there. I think there is still a transition. IMO, Mahan and Ben just need to get many more snaps together.

Preacher
09-11-2007, 12:52 PM
Mahan was a force.. He owned his gaps, period. And as far as that bad snap.. I did not see it that way. From what I saw that is. I am not saying ben mishandled it but, it was there. I think there is still a transition. IMO, Mahan and Ben just need to get many more snaps together.

Hey, for them getting as few snaps together as they did in the preseason, under game situations, I am surprised there wasn't one or two more.

It was probably both Ben and Mahan's fault. Until they get used to each other a bit more, that is a possibility.

RJC
09-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Mahan was really solid. Technically sound football player. Colon is an animal. That's a good thing. We need some attitude on that line. I still wish we could have gotten Kemoeatu in there over Simmons. He'll be slated to replace Faneca, but I still would have prefered a Smith-Faneca-Mahan-Kemoeatu-Colon line....

Elvis
09-13-2007, 05:38 PM
Dont see it happening RJC myself. I like the line that we have right now on the field. Keomateau is gonna have his chance next season to take over for Faneca. I just aint a big fan of Faneca's anyway though. He gives up plays every game and it never gets even mentioned about it. He gives up atleast a big tackle for loss or a sack just about every game. So, next year I look forward to having someone else there at that spot for him and that should be Keomateau.
:tt02:

Polly
09-15-2007, 04:22 PM
kemoeatu is a beast, I can't wait to see him start

Preacher
09-15-2007, 07:28 PM
kemoeatu is a beast, I can't wait to see him start

I wasn't too impressed with him this preseason... though last year he seemed to be playing pretty well.

However, what are the possibilities of Simmons (who seems to be playing to his expected level again) moving to the left side and Kemo taking the right (where he seems more comfortable?)

revefsreleets
09-16-2007, 05:47 PM
Line graded the road today for sure.