PDA

View Full Version : Nice to see the Rookies step up!

TXSTEELER
09-09-2007, 08:38 PM
I don't think anyone is questioning our 4th pick for our kicker now! Same goes for the TE. The pickup of the century was the return guy. It sure was great watching the return game again, he is so cool out there, nothing seems to faze him. Reed wasn't too shabby either kicking a couple of balls into the end zone.

T.J.
09-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Yea i think speath will be alright and so will sepulveda will be to and i also liked that when woodley came in he got a tackle and william gay recovered a fumble. but at least we are throwing to our tight ends a little bit. thats good

xXTheSteelKingsXx
09-09-2007, 10:30 PM
I saw Timmons a couple of times on specials but I didn't see a lot of Woodley. Did he play much in the first half?

Preacher
09-09-2007, 10:33 PM
Yeah... Our rookies did well. Sep had a great day of punting. Gay came in at the end and was very aware to pick up the ball.

McFadden (no, not a rookie, I know), did well as well.

WWIIOwheelz
09-10-2007, 01:11 AM
Loved seeing Spaeth get his TD in the opening game. It reminded me of my Superbowl DVD with Heath Miller getting his first. I've been saying all along, Ben will love throwing to another big target.

When Heath got one also, I saw a foreshadowing of things to come for this year..... Hines, Holmes, and both TEs got TDs. Ben has all the tools this year, and the running game is less of an emphasis. Myron is having a cow, but you can't argue with the results of the 1st team today.

Sepulveda had that one punt stop all on its own.... how sweet was that? The player standing over it was thinking the same thing, you could tell.

I'm liking what I've seen so far, but we know the 1st 4 games are the easier ones on the schedule. We'll see how things look in late October.

Infamix
09-10-2007, 01:42 AM
Our mid picks played very well...lets hope the high picks do the same

Preacher
09-10-2007, 01:43 AM
Our mid picks played very well...lets hope the high picks do the same

Hey.. Actually they did!

Galax Steeler
09-10-2007, 04:47 AM
I didn't get to see the game but I heard our punter did an outstanding job.

zoneblitz43
09-10-2007, 09:31 AM
Sepulveda had 4 punts downed inside the 20, he put the ball exactly where it needed to be. He was awesome. Nice play by Nate Washington keeping the ball out of the endzone. I don't understand why some people call Sepulveda a wasted pick. He is a 2 time Ray Guy award winner.

SteelerFanInCA
09-10-2007, 10:57 AM
Sepulveda had 4 punts downed inside the 20, he put the ball exactly where it needed to be. He was awesome. Nice play by Nate Washington keeping the ball out of the endzone. I don't understand why some people call Sepulveda a wasted pick. He is a 2 time Ray Guy award winner.

Also not to mention, I believe Jeef Reed kicked a few balls into the endzones for touchbacks. Last year I can't remember if he even did this.

CanadianSteel
09-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Yes the special teams overall has gotten back my trust.... hope they keep it up all year !
Last year was brutal and I cringed every time we had to kick, punt or receive.

Michael Keller
09-10-2007, 01:38 PM

Thank you,

Exactly my opinion. You are exactly right on and I have been defending this pick since mid Apri. Mot any more, right on.

Michaell