PDA

View Full Version : Shockey critical of Plaxico's Punishment.

Ambridge
09-28-2005, 09:20 AM
Dan Martin, of the New York Post, reports New York Giants TE Jeremy Shockey criticized head coach Tom Coughlin and his staff for deciding to bench WR Plaxico Burress for the first quarter of the Week 3 game. "I understand his point, but it's really not fair," Shockey said of Coughlin's decision to bench Burress after he was late for team meetings. "It affects the whole team. What can you do? As players, we play. Coaches coach. But you should have your best players on the field. The whole offense suffered from him not being out there." Burress entered the game early in the second quarter.

Plaxico in "General" Tom Coughlin's doghouse.
You gotta love it.

I think most fans of pro football know that Tom Coughlin's a fanatic about being on time for meetings..........I guess "Drops-ico" has to learn the hard way.

Suitanim
09-28-2005, 09:40 AM
He is just so not gonna fit in in NY...Him and Coughlin will never find a good working realtionship, and the media will just blister him unmercifully when he starts dropping important passes out of sheer laziness and lack of effort...

Livinginthe past
09-28-2005, 10:19 AM
What about the man Shockey himself - for all his great talent he hasn't achieved anything of note yet in the NFL - yet appears to think nothing of questioning his coaches disciplinary methods.

I would say that these two are on collision course in the not-too-distant future.

Cheers

NM

Suitanim
09-28-2005, 10:31 AM
Yup, I concur...you just look at Shockey on one end with his long hair and his rebellious attitude, and The Strict Disciplinarian Coughlin on the other, and you know there's going to be trouble sooner or later...

tony hipchest
09-28-2005, 01:25 PM
shockey questionning the discipline is definitely not a smart move. i bet his leash was just tightened a notch! plexico seems to be bringing it on the field though. i would not be suprised to see him continue to develop but i heard he missed 2 meetings. ouch. is it me or does he look even bigger and taller in a giants uniform?

Prosdo
09-28-2005, 01:32 PM
The thing to me is wasn't Plaxico benched for showing up late to meetings? It's Plaxico's fault for not being able to be there on time. Coughlin was showing him he won't put up with it. As for Shockey critizing Coughlin's decision, very bad move. Never a good thing to publicly critize the coach.

Koopa
09-28-2005, 02:32 PM
i don't know from what i've seen plax seems like he's doing good there, but he is still the same old plax that just catches and falls to the ground with no one around him. i wish he would've stayed and had a different attitude he is a good player regardless if y'all like him or not. i hate shockey though so i hope he gets banned from the league for those comments lol damn hick

BlitzburghRockCity
09-28-2005, 04:17 PM
Trouble in paradise, eh Plax ? :rofl:

Koopa
09-28-2005, 06:52 PM
how come a lot of ppl hate on plax? is it because the way he left or becasue y'all think he sucks? i personally like him and hope he does well with the giants. but it seems he's never gonna change the way he plays the game catch and then fall to the ground. that would've been tight if we could've kept him and hines together cause he did make the game easier for a lot of the players cause for some reason the defenses were afraid of him and the way ben is throwing the ball he could have a lot more yards if he would've stuck around

Suitanim
09-28-2005, 07:15 PM
Because he is the epitome of wasted talent...If God saw fit to give me that build and those skills, I'd be busting my ass morning noon and night to try to become the best WR the NFL has ever seen...He just sits back and takes it all for granted in cruise control.

If you could stick Wayne Chrebet's heart and brain in Plex's body, he'd probably be able to give Jerry Rice a run for his money...as it stands now, he'll simply be a footnote in the NFL record books...or the subject of a an NFL films blooper reel for that stupid spike...

Prosdo
09-28-2005, 09:08 PM
I'm not fond of Plax because of his attitude. He has awesome skills and talent yet he didn't live up to it. He would make the hard catches then drop easy ones.

hardwork
09-28-2005, 09:53 PM
Plaxico aside, and this issue aside, Coughlin's a pain in the ass. He took BC from somewhere around 20th in the nation, to 2nd in the nation, in only 3 or 4 years, but he was hated. To a man his players hated him. It's like what would happen if hipchest, or suitanut, became a coach. The players would put a contract out on them in the first week.

I.C. Lights
09-28-2005, 10:01 PM
[in Dr. Evil / Coughlin voice]: "Jeremy, you just don't get it, do ya?"

Shockey + Plax = disaster

Koopa
09-28-2005, 10:02 PM
Plaxico aside, and this issue aside, Coughlin's a pain in the ass. He took BC from somewhere around 20th in the nation, to 2nd in the nation, in only 3 or 4 years, but he was hated. To a man his players hated him. It's like what would happen if hipchest, or suitanut, became a coach. The players would put a contract out on them in the first week.

why is that? cause they don't have the same views as you or what? them two good ppl from what i can tell in their post. anyway coughlin is an asshole from what i always read about him, i don't blame plax for being late he human we all make mistakes no need to sit him in a game for the first quarter, it's not really sending him a message cause i doubt plax cared all that much, i wouldn't be surprised if we hear that plax is late at least 4 more times this season

hardwork
09-28-2005, 10:10 PM
"Shockey + Plax = disaster"

I suspect that might be true. Then add Coughlin to the mix, and you have an unmitigated disaster.

I'll put my money on Coughlin coming out on top though.

I.C. Lights
09-28-2005, 10:19 PM
it's not really sending him a message cause i doubt plax cared all that much, i wouldn't be surprised if we hear that plax is late at least 4 more times this season

Therein lies the problem, Koopa. Being late is a big deal in the working world - shows lack of respect and discipline, which pretty much epitomizes Plax.

Prosdo
09-28-2005, 10:21 PM
I agree IC. It does show a lack of respect and shows its not a big deal to him. Couglin benching him doesn't surprise me. I don't think he would put up with that.

hardwork
09-28-2005, 10:29 PM
"Couglin benching him doesn't surprise me. I don't think he would put up with that."

On that I agree with Couglin. Belichick would bench him for the whole game.

Koopa
09-28-2005, 10:43 PM
"Couglin benching him doesn't surprise me. I don't think he would put up with that."

On that I agree with Couglin. Belichick would bench him for the whole game.

for that belichick deserves a cookie :grin: