PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben's 4 TD Passes

Black@Gold Forever32
09-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Put him in fifth place on the Steelers all-time passing TDs list.....He know has 56 for his career....Plus if Ben stays healthy he should move into 2nd place by the end of the season....So congrats to Big Ben.....I know its not a great list of QBs behind Terry....But still a Steelers QB with not even 4 seasons under his belt to be in the top five so soon says something....

The Top Five

1. Terry Bradshaw-212
2. Kordell Stewart-70
3. Neil O'Donnell-68
4. Bobby Layne-67
5. Ben Roethlisberger-56

Some other interesting notes from yesterday to were.....

Hines first quarter TD catch moved him even closer to passing John Stallworth for the most TD receptions in Steelers history......

Stallworth had 63 and Ward now has 59.....So Ward only needs 5 more to pass him to be the alltime Steelers leader....Plus after yesterday Hines only needs 668 more receiving yards to pass Stallworth for the most receiving yards in Steelers history....Both of those marks Hines will reach this year.....

FourThreeMafia
09-12-2007, 01:05 AM
I have no doubt that barring injury, he will surpass that this year. Ill even take it a step fiurther to say that, as long as he stays healthy the majority of his career, he will pass Bradshaw.

He is the first QB weve ever had that I am actually excited about. Its always been about the RBs for me, but since they picked Ben up and Ive seen what he is capable of, I believe he can be the best Steelers QB ever. Not really a daunting challege considering some of the stinkers weve had, but still an accomplishment.

Preacher
09-12-2007, 01:12 AM
Wow.. and he is there in only 3 full years, 4 years to second. Not bad. Bradshaw... be worried, be very worried!

Haiku_Dirtt
09-12-2007, 01:14 AM
Plus if Ben stays healthy he should move into 2nd place by the end of the season....

WOW. That's truly remarkable. I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see the numbers especially since the accident thang.

Justin Otstott
09-12-2007, 08:07 AM
thanks for those stats...did not know that! Go BEN!

HometownGal
09-12-2007, 08:10 AM
Very interesting facts, Dan - thanks! :cheers:

Our O has always been run-oriented and this year Ben will be able to open up the offense more with his arm. That being said - it is possible that he could end up with 25-30 TDs this season. :thumbsup::tt02:

Jman
09-12-2007, 08:12 AM
....Plus if Ben stays healthy he should move into 2nd place by the end of the season...

We all know Ben's ability to stay healthy when on the field is pretty good so I'm excited! :tt02:

SteelersMongol
09-12-2007, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the facts. Excited about Hines.

jjpro11
09-12-2007, 09:21 AM
wow, thats pretty good.

and will Ward be considered the greatest steelers receiver ever when he is retired? i think so.

klick81
09-12-2007, 10:23 AM
This is damned cool! Big ups to both Ben and Hines.

Elvis
09-12-2007, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the stats Dan...
Does the stats make Big Ben the greatest Steelers QB?
No Way.... how many super bowls have the Steelers won with Ben at the helm? 1 if I'm not mistaken... and Bradshaw actually had a couple big stat games in the super bowls and a MVP award to his credit also... I love Ben, but he has a ways to go if he is to unseat Terry as the greatest in Pittsburgh history.
Hines is one of the top 3 or 4 WR's in Steelers history there is no doubt about that. He has still got to get by the best ever in Steelers history in my opinion is Stallworth.
:tt02:

SteelDogFan
09-12-2007, 12:36 PM
Nice post, good stats, if thing work out the way Ben and Bruce want, Ben may someday pass TB. H. Ward will eventually be considered the best all aroud reciever in Steelers history. Maybe not the most graceful (Swanny). But definitely the best all around.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-12-2007, 12:56 PM
I wasn't comparing Ben to Terry....I just made the thread to show were Ben ranked on the Steelers alltime passing TDs list.....He is already 5th with not even 4 seasons under his belt...I'm a stat geek and I have a history of making stat threads on this site since I have been a member of this site.....I know stats are over-rated but stats are fun....Plus I know my Steelers history and always track Steelers records....

rog
09-12-2007, 01:32 PM
There is only one number that Ben needs to reach to pass Bradshaw as the greatest Steeler QB and it is 4. 3 more and he will be an icon in Pittsburgh forever.

Dino 6 Rings
09-12-2007, 02:15 PM
Even Ben agrees

"They asked me my dream" Roethlisberger said, "and I said it would be to get five, because that's one more than (Terry) Bradshaw and, you know, one more than other quarterbacks."

As long as he is thinking that he needs to do his best, to win it all, 4 more times, and stays focussed like that, I'm a smiling and happy fan. Stats, TD passes are meaningless, to be considered a "Legend". Rings are what really matter. Ask Jim Kelly or Dan Marino or Dan Foutz what they wish they would have done in their life, the answer is clear. Win Rings!