PDA

View Full Version : Haggans out at least 6 weeks

figg
09-28-2005, 02:20 PM
He had surgery on his groin today. http://postgazette.com/pg/05271/579290.stm

Koopa
09-28-2005, 02:26 PM
well this bops, hopefully he'll have a speedy recovery and hopefully harrison will step up and not make us miss him all that much.

BB2W
09-28-2005, 03:06 PM
This sucks!!! I think Haggans was gonna have a Pro-Bowl calibur year... I don't doubt that Harrison can pick up the slack, but Porter must play better.

I don't even remember when the injury happened. :lost:

figg
09-28-2005, 03:09 PM
This sucks!!! I think Haggans was gonna have a Pro-Bowl calibur year... I don't doubt that Harrison can pick up the slack, but Porter must play better.

I don't even remember when the injury happened. :lost:

On the pass to Pass down the sideline.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-28-2005, 04:22 PM
Yeah, I was really cheering for haggans, he was leading in sacks & turnovers on the defense. Definately a PB year in the making. But Harrison can definately strut his stuff w/ no problems. We shouldnt see that much if any, of a drop off here. Now we just gotta make sure our depth is sured up at LB too.

Black-n-Gold
09-28-2005, 04:43 PM
Sad to see this happen, but the good thing about Pittsburgh is the outstanding backups in case these things happen. I hope he recovers quickly, and Harrison does so well they have a hard time deciding who starts.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-28-2005, 05:49 PM
I like both Haggans and Harrison.Maybe this'll be Harrison's time to shine and become a permanent starter in our defense.

Suitanim
09-28-2005, 07:18 PM
I like both Haggans and Harrison.Maybe this'll be Harrison's time to shine and become a permanent starter in our defense.

Wouldn't be the first time we've seen a changing of the guard due to injury...no disrespect to Haggins...

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-28-2005, 08:58 PM
Harrison was an animal in training camp knocking people out
hopefully he will carry this over in the reg. season.
they say the guy is crazy........i guess we will see

Prosdo
09-28-2005, 09:16 PM
I really like Haggans. He was definitely starting off the year well. I am interested to see Harrison step in, but BB2W is right Porter needs to step it up.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-29-2005, 10:10 PM
They should hold him out until later in the year,
maybe the last 4 games depending on our record.

Koopa
09-29-2005, 11:50 PM
well that could be a good idea casue harrison would get a lot of experince, but last time we held a player out of a few games when they got healthy they fell off when it came time to playoffs i'm reffereing to plax and duce, so i hope he gets healthy fast and can come back in and continue his pro bowl caliber year

BlitzburghRockCity
09-29-2005, 11:52 PM
If Harrison has the hot hand and he's doing good things, Cowher will keep him in there..same situation w/ Ike when Willie went down. He wont take the Hot player off the field.

Soldier4Steelers
09-30-2005, 12:01 AM
If Harrison has the hot hand and he's doing good things, Cowher will keep him in there..same situation w/ Ike when Willie went down. He wont take the Hot player off the field.

since you say that alot of steeler players emerge after injury. kordell after oneil, tommy broke out after kordell, big ben broke out after tommy. foote after bell. i think kemo started after an injury too? even when the bus was just tired... chris futmatfalmaufalalala steped it up huge. cowher always sticks by his hot hands. i would of quit football forever if cowher put maddox back in for ben after ben beat the pats... philly... and was already on his 7th win.

Ambridge
09-30-2005, 07:26 AM
Clark was voted Steelers Digest-Player of the Week for his performance against the Pats.

I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Livinginthe past
09-30-2005, 07:41 AM
Look on the bright side of the injury - it will give you a bit of time to have a good look at the depth players you have in that position.

So by the time the playoffs roll round you might actually be better off in terms of knowledge about your squad depth.

Haggans looks to be another difference maker you have in the LB core - but I think you have enough quality in that area to cover for him in his absence.

Cheers

NM

slashsteel
09-30-2005, 05:42 PM
Look on the bright side of the injury - it will give you a bit of time to have a good look at the depth players you have in that position.

So by the time the playoffs roll round you might actually be better off in terms of knowledge about your squad depth.

Haggans looks to be another difference maker you have in the LB core - but I think you have enough quality in that area to cover for him in his absence.

We already know what we have behind Haggans in Harrison, we won't miss a beat. He played last year quite a bit when Haggans was out with a broken hand. Our depth last year was unveiled to us. No mysteries for us except for maybe at Guard and Tackle.