PDA

View Full Version : Just a funny and kinda sad tidbit

jjpro11
09-10-2007, 02:58 PM
in every year since 2000, we have had a better game against the browns the second time around. most of them were straight up whippings, with the exception of 2002 where both games were decided by 3 points each. so just when you thought the steelers might take the browns lightly the second time around after realizing how bad they are, they come out even more fired up.... just thought id share.

HometownGal
09-10-2007, 03:00 PM
in every year since 2000, we have had a better game against the browns the second time around. most of them were straight up whippings, with the exception of 2002 where both games were decided by 3 points each. so just when you thought the steelers might take the browns lightly the second time around after realizing how bad they are, they come out even more fired up.... just thought id share.

Although we whipped up on the Brownies pretty good yesterday, I never take any team for granted no matter how much they suck. When you let your guard down, bad karma comes around to bite ya in the hiney.

fansince'76
09-10-2007, 03:02 PM
Although we whipped up on the Brownies pretty good yesterday, I never take any team for granted no matter how much they suck. When you let your guard down, bad karma comes around to bite ya in the hiney.

Agreed - Oakland game last season. The Steelers should have kicked that team all over the field, but yet wound up losing. Inexcusable loss, still.

alittlejazzbird
09-10-2007, 04:03 PM
Agreed - Oakland game last season. The Steelers should have kicked that team all over the field, but yet wound up losing. Inexcusable loss, still.

Ugh....I can't even stand to THINK about that game. The lowest point by far in a season that had a lot of low points. Ninety eight yards of total offense and they beat us. I was physically sick about that loss for days.

As HTG so eloquently put it, we can't let down against the bad teams, or hineys get bitten.

steelergirl07
09-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Thats the downfall of many good teams. They tend to get too confident and don't take their opponents seriously. Look at Michigan.

jjpro11
09-10-2007, 05:12 PM
i dont know if the oakland game was overconfidence as much as it was ben not being all there yet. the defense had its best game of the season, unfortunately theirs did as well.