PDA

View Full Version : randle el and plaxico's career days

tony hipchest
09-10-2007, 06:31 PM
anyone see randle els hail mary catch at the end of the game that almost won it. talk about amazing reflexes and hands! i think his 160+ rec. yds are a career high. i'd like to see him emerge as washingtons #1.

plex had his 1st 3td game, and 140+yds. top fantasy scorer for wr's.

the jury is still out on arians as the steelers OC but him and ward sure as hell can coach up some receivers.

kinda ironic ben had a career day with 4 td's without either of them.

onthebus36
09-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Tony,

I was actually at the Skins game and ARE had a career day. Porter had some good plays too and there was a moment that felt like old times when he was talking some smack to the Skins fans.

I was really torn about going but how often do free club level tickets on the 45 come along?

The Duke
09-10-2007, 06:39 PM
Randle el's play was amazing, it was mostly due to miami's sucky secondary, but still a great play, I was laughing at how bad the dolphins secondary is.

Also, besides Randy Moss, Randle el and Plax are leading the league in receiving yards currently, Plax #3 El#2.

tony hipchest
09-10-2007, 06:39 PM
Tony,

I was actually at the Skins game and ARE had a career day. Porter had some good plays too and there was a moment that felt like old times when he was talking some smack to the Skins fans.

I was really torn about going but how often do free club level tickets on the 45 come along?i had to check porters stat line thismorning = 3 tackles. nice to see j. harrisons line compared to that.

that catch by el mustve brought the crowd to their feet. i can only imagine if he couldve actually snuck it in.

Livinginthe past
09-10-2007, 06:42 PM
Yah, Plex come up huge for the Giants - I remember thinking during that game that he would be an excellent weapon for Ben in Pittsburgh.

Did't see much of the Washington game, although the hail mary catch was a good one from Randle El.

Ben may have had a career day in terms of TD's but he still threw for less yardage than either receiver caught for - a result of playing a short field against a woeful Browns team, no doubt.

ShutDown24
09-10-2007, 06:44 PM
I think Holmes is going to be better than those two ever have been or will be but... I was glad to see them have good days. Randle El is grosly overpaid still though and isn't even supposed to be a starter... Brandon Lloyd and Moss are supposed to be 2 & 1 every year but El just plays a lot because they can't resist putting him in I think lol...

tony hipchest
09-10-2007, 07:07 PM
Ben may have had a career day in terms of TD's but he still threw for less yardage than either receiver caught for - a result of playing a short field against a woeful Browns team, no doubt.

:yawn: whatever

el- 162
ben- 161
plax- 144

pittsburgh definitely out rushed both teams though.

tough loss for plex. way too tough of a win for the skins.

fansince'76
09-10-2007, 07:30 PM
I was really torn about going but how often do free club level tickets on the 45 come along?

They don't - you made the right call.

RJC
09-12-2007, 08:23 AM
ARE is one helleuva player and should be the #2 in Washingto across from Santana Moss. Brandon Lloyd blows.....

Buzz05
09-12-2007, 08:37 AM
Im happy for Randle El...hes a good guy and Im happy to see him get some yardage he earned it. Plex is still a punk and a cry baby. Always has been.

On a better note Randle El selling cars!

kTPLdC0eE38

SteelersMongol
09-12-2007, 10:28 AM
Im happy for Randle El...hes a good guy and Im happy to see him get some yardage he earned it. Plex is still a punk and a cry baby. Always has been.

On a better note Randle El selling cars!

kTPLdC0eE38

Agreed about ARE and Plax.

BTW, the lady from the commercial is hot. :wink02:

Buzz05
09-12-2007, 10:33 AM
Agreed about ARE and Plax.

BTW, the lady from the commercial is hot. :wink02:

Those commercials run down here all the time. The song is catchy!

rog
09-12-2007, 04:31 PM
Plax is a no class punk I'll never cheer him or a team he is on.

Randle El on the other hand is kind of that underdog guy that keeps proving to people he can play although he is way over paid but if you can get that pay day anyone would take it.

delhess
09-12-2007, 09:15 PM
yeah, i loved to root for a guy like randle el, but i remember him dancing himself backwards sometimes. plax is prob the better player but i wasn't sad to see him go.

i often watch these guys play, and remember them as part of a great run over a year or two there, and wonder if plax regrets that he is gone, and wishes he had been there for the ring.

it must be hard to jump ship and watch your old team succeed w/o you.

CantStop85
09-12-2007, 09:26 PM
If the Steelers still had Plaxico (and especially if they had Randle El too), we would probably be talking about them as one of the top 5 or 6 receiving corps in the league.

delhess
09-12-2007, 09:49 PM
If the Steelers still had Plaxico (and especially if they had Randle El too), we would probably be talking about them as one of the top 5 or 6 receiving corps in the league.

yes, i would have to agree. this just shows how many great players come and go from the steelers.