PDA

View Full Version : Let Us Remember

HometownGal
09-11-2007, 09:12 AM
God Bless all of those who lost their lives on September 11, 2001 as a victim or as a samaritan. We willl never forget you.

http://www.design.caltech.edu/erik/Misc/firemen_flag.jpg

X-Terminator
09-11-2007, 09:21 AM
Amen. :usa::usa:

That picture still chokes me up to this day...

GBMelBlount
09-11-2007, 09:26 AM
God Bless all of them. May we never forget.

memphissteelergirl
09-11-2007, 10:16 AM
God Bless all of them. May we never forget.

Amen...:crying02:

Tankus_Maximus
09-11-2007, 11:40 AM
As I look at that pic, I still start to tear up.

Amen.

Can we finally nail that sand rat?????

Hines0wnz
09-11-2007, 07:52 PM
Never forget, never forgive.

SteelCityMan786
09-11-2007, 08:47 PM
Let us not forget the men and women who gave their lives that day for our freedom. and for those who are fighting now.

9/11/01 Terrorists declared war on the united states. Today, we're still fighting the war declared on us 6 years ago. Support our men and women and uniform who one day will be home. As well as, have defeated terrorism.

ZIGGY0246
09-11-2007, 09:04 PM
my prayers go out to all affected by the tradgey of 9/11/2001 and all who have sacrificed to keep our precious freedom since then

TommyG
09-11-2007, 10:17 PM
Let's continue to pursue these scumbags so we don't have to suffer such a great loss again. God bless all the men and woman who lost their lives and be with their familes.

SteelersMongol
09-12-2007, 10:39 AM
Amen.

Atlanta Dan
09-12-2007, 05:25 PM
Some posters may remember a debate here several weeks ago regarding a New York Times Op-Ed piece written by 7 soldiers serving in Iraq on the ongoing events there.

Two of those soldiers have been killed in action.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/12/washington/12cnd-troops.html

By this post I am not seeking to debate their observations, only to note that they have made the ultimate sacrifice in defending us.

RIP

GBMelBlount
09-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Some posters may remember a debate here several weeks ago regarding a New York Times Op-Ed piece written by 7 soldiers serving in Iraq on the ongoing events there.

Two of those soldiers have been killed in action.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/12/washington/12cnd-troops.html

By this post I am not seeking to debate their observations, only to note that they have made the ultimate sacrifice in defending us.

RIP

AD. I appreciate your "impartiality." What is your point in inserting your post & link other than to undermine the war? Does the one typical NYT sentence at the end make it fair and balanced? It is only natural that a few of those in the Middle East have doubts considering the large numbers involved. Thankfully you didn't cherry pick your NYT link? WAR IS HELL. Few things are 100% when large numbers are involved. Thankfully WWII was trouble free! This is apparently the first war with dissension.........God Bless our troops and all those throughout history who have sacrificed their lives for this great nation! Thank you all for your service! This thread is a tribute to those who have sacrificed for our country. IMHO, your post is vailed politics and I don't think that is appropriate on this particular thread.

Atlanta Dan
09-12-2007, 11:51 PM
AD. I appreciate your "impartiality." What is your point in inserting your post & link other than to undermine the war? Does the one typical NYT sentence at the end make it fair and balanced? It is only natural that a few of those in the Middle East have doubts considering the large numbers involved. Thankfully you didn't cherry pick your NYT link? WAR IS HELL. Few things are 100% when large numbers are involved. Thankfully WWII was trouble free! This is apparently the first war with dissension.........God Bless our troops and all those throughout history who have sacrificed their lives for this great nation! Thank you all for your service! This thread is a tribute to those who have sacrificed for our country. IMHO, your post is vailed politics and I don't think that is appropriate on this particular thread.

It is "veiled" not "vailed":smile:

GBMelBlount
09-13-2007, 12:04 AM
It is "veiled" not "vailed":smile:

Ouch, sorry I'm not a spelling expert.....or artsy....let's diminish the content of the post by talking about spelling. LOL.

Atlanta Dan
09-13-2007, 12:30 AM
Ouch, sorry I'm not a spelling expert.....or artsy....let's diminish the content of the post by talking about spelling. LOL.

You want me to post my private response to you?:smile:

GBMelBlount
09-13-2007, 04:05 AM
You want me to post my private response to you?:smile:

That is your decision. I said what I believe.

Atlanta Dan
09-13-2007, 08:38 AM
That is your decision. I said what I believe.

So did I (without making a public post attacking the character of any other poster in what was a thread to acknowledge those who have died since September 11).

I have learned my lesson and am staying away from responding to or making any further posts in the Locker Room in general and will cease responding to or for that matter reading any posts by you in particular.

If you would put me on your ignore list i would appreciate it.