PDA

View Full Version : And the Shite hits the fan for Frye

stlrtruck
09-11-2007, 12:36 PM
The local sports radio station has just announced that the Cleveland Browns have traded Charlie Frye. No other information is available at this time. :toofunny::sign03:

fansince'76
09-11-2007, 12:40 PM
Damn! That was sudden.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-11-2007, 12:40 PM
This is kind of a surprise.

They spend all this time evaluating the QB's in the "Browns QB Derby" as the Plain Dealer called it. They name Frye the winner, start him against a ferocious Pittsburgh defense, pull him from the game before halftime, and now trade him. What does that say for thet talent evaluation of the Browns coaching staff?

The biggest surprise is that anybody gave up a draft pick for this bum. Even if it's a
7th rounder, it's way too much.

TommyG
09-11-2007, 12:41 PM
They should just cut everybody but Winslow and Quinn and start over.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-11-2007, 12:51 PM

They've been starting over every year since 1999. :sofunny:

onthebus36
09-11-2007, 12:54 PM
I feel kinda bad for Frye. Hopefully he's not too damaged to be a backup for somebody and salvage some kind of a career. He seems like a standup guy and I wish him well.

NEXT!

tony hipchest
09-11-2007, 01:03 PM
what does this say about their talent evaluation?

the rumor i heard is that theyre bringing ken dorsey back in to replace him.

that says it all.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-11-2007, 01:15 PM
what does this say about their talent evaluation?

the rumor i heard is that theyre bringing ken dorsey back in to replace him.

that says it all.

Quinn never wanted Dorsey cut.

Dorsey understands the offense being run. Chudzynski (or however you spell it) was his OC at Miami and runs the same offense. Having Dorsey on the roster is kind of like having another coach there.

Atlanta Dan
09-11-2007, 01:27 PM
Great planning Romeo

I recall the Jim Miller era ended for the Steelers after an opening day loss to Jax in 1996.

Cleveland is a complete train wreck - too bad the Bengals play them ths week while they are so clearly dysfunctional

onthebus36
09-11-2007, 01:38 PM
ESPN reports Frye was traded to the Seahawks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3014233

Wouldn't it be funny if we got another crack at him in a couple weeks?

ShutDown24
09-11-2007, 01:41 PM
Frye goes to Seattle and they signed Dorsey again to either A. Start or B. Help Quinn start.

onthebus36
09-11-2007, 01:43 PM
To follow up on the Seahawk post, now that I think about it, I read somewhere this morning that the Seahawks wanted to start using Senaca Wallace as a receiver and needed to bring in another QB. I guess that's Frye.

What a disaster Cleveland is...

tony hipchest
09-11-2007, 01:46 PM
if anyone can do something with frye, its holmgren. im kinda suprised jon gruden didnt try to add him to his collection.

ShutDown24
09-11-2007, 01:48 PM
lol nice... How about that qoute the announcers used the other day... "Jon Gruden told me that to go anywhere in this league you have to have stability at QB..." They were talking about the Browns... I was like WTF??? Gruden told you that?

Atlanta Dan
09-11-2007, 01:49 PM
Frye goes to Seattle and they signed Dorsey again to either A. Start or B. Help Quinn start.

I think Dorsey has been brought back as Brady's stable pony to keep him calm for the turmoil ahead.

The question is whether you avoid traumatizing the kid by holding him out until week 5 after the Patriots and Ravens games or just throw him in on Sunday against the Benglas and go from there - Romeo is Dead Coach Walking either way.

Atlanta Dan
09-11-2007, 01:51 PM
lol nice... How about that qoute the announcers used the other day... "Jon Gruden told me that to go anywhere in this league you have to have stability at QB..." They were talking about the Browns... I was like WTF??? Gruden told you that?

Maybe Gruden picked that up after calling Ray Lewis for advice and guidance like everyone else in the league does according to the Monday Night crew.

ShutDown24
09-11-2007, 01:52 PM
I would be putting him in now. Max protect with short dink and dunk passes and hand to Jamal. He has to play good teams sometime, he can't avoid it forever.

Michael Keller
09-11-2007, 01:57 PM
"Wait a few more days" Any NFL teams looking for a QB,

J P Loshman will be avilable for a trade next Monday.

Go Steelers!!!

Mosca
09-11-2007, 01:58 PM
I like the kid.

A HUGE part of his problem was that he played for the Browns. Cowher always thought he had a strong upside. He goes from the worst team in the league to a contender; good for him!

Tom

fansince'76
09-11-2007, 02:01 PM
Romeo is Dead Coach Walking either way.

Yep, I expect the dreaded "vote of confidence" for Crennel from Savage any day now.

Preacher
09-11-2007, 02:04 PM
I think Dorsey has been brought back as Brady's stable pony to keep him calm for the turmoil ahead.

The question is whether you avoid traumatizing the kid by holding him out until week 5 after the Patriots and Ravens games or just throw him in on Sunday against the Benglas and go from there - Romeo is Dead Coach Walking either way.

If i cared about Quinn's career, I say hold him out until after the bye week. Let him get two straight weeks of practice running the first team offense (Put him in for the last few minutes of a few games before hand).

As a Steeler fan, I say put him in now, as he will have the best shot at defeating the Bungles.

alittlejazzbird
09-11-2007, 02:06 PM

They could probably keep Wembley too. But definitely scrap everything else!

Jman
09-11-2007, 02:11 PM
"This team is better than what you saw today..." is all I kept hearing from the Browns' locker room.

I suppose this makes the team "better"????

rbryan
09-11-2007, 02:13 PM
Goody, maybe if all goes well we'll get another crack at Charlie when the Seasqawks come to town. Can't wait.

Steelman16
09-11-2007, 02:21 PM
Well, gotta give it to the Clowns for making it quick for once. I wake up Tuesday morning and they say Frye's headed to Seattle. Good move on the 'Hawks part. They need Wallace at WR...he's no good at QB anyway.

Now they get to "evaluate" Dorsey Vs Quinn. :tt02:

Counselor
09-11-2007, 04:44 PM
Wow we knocked him out of thr game AND off the team!

In all seriousness though, Frye should send the Steelers a fruit basket or something---he's going to develop into a better QB in Seattle.

Edman
09-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Cleveland destroys yet another young Browns QB. Frye Stinks, but the handling of the QB situation in the offseason by Cleveland was pathetic. You spend all that time during the offseason deciding on a QB, flip a coin to decide the starter, let him get abused by the Steelers D, then cut him 2 days later. If Frye wasn't good enough, why the hell did you sign him to your final 53?

What a joke.

HometownGal
09-11-2007, 05:21 PM
Wow we knocked him out of thr game AND off the team!

In all seriousness though, Frye should send the Steelers a fruit basket or something---he's going to develop into a better QB in Seattle.

This is a blessing in disguise for Frye - he's with a contender now instead of a pretender. I wish the kid a lotta luck. :cheers:

fansince'76
09-11-2007, 05:23 PM
This is a blessing in disguise for Frye - he's with a contender now instead of a pretender. I wish the kid a lotta luck. :cheers:

Same here - I have no ill will towards Frye. He got a raw deal. :cheers:

ShutDown24
09-11-2007, 05:23 PM
Yeah, now that he isn't in the **** pound I hope he does well... Maybe is Hasselbeck gets older he could have a future there lol...

Preacher
09-11-2007, 05:25 PM

I will SO laugh if he comes back to lead Seattle into a BIG win over the Browns.. 3 touchdowns, 300 yards... no INTs.

:sofunny:

fansince'76
09-11-2007, 05:28 PM
I will SO laugh if he comes back to lead Seattle into a BIG win over the Browns.. 3 touchdowns, 300 yards... no INTs.

:sofunny:

He probably will - he'll be behind an actual O-line in Seattle. THAT was their problem Sunday. Peyton Manning would have been just as ineffective against the kind of rush we were putting on them.

MasterOfPuppets
09-11-2007, 05:44 PM
I like the kid.

A HUGE part of his problem was that he played for the Browns. Cowher always thought he had a strong upside. He goes from the worst team in the league to a contender; good for him!

Tom
cowher.???.......odonell,grahm,tomzak,corkie,maddo x,miller....

SteelerFanInCA
09-11-2007, 06:32 PM
Unbelievable. I guess we literally scared him out of town. :sofunny:

MasterOfPuppets
09-11-2007, 07:17 PM
i'd rather play for a whiner than a cheater...:sofunny:

RoethlisBURGHer
09-12-2007, 02:04 AM
Frye has a chance to sit and learn something behind Hasselbeck. He sat behind Dilfer for a bit, but Dilfer has no interest in helping Frye and was a shitty QB to begin with. Not to mention he gets to work with Walruss...oops I mean Holmgren...who is considered a QB guru.

Preacher
09-12-2007, 02:09 AM
He probably will - he'll be behind an actual O-line in Seattle. THAT was their problem Sunday. Peyton Manning would have been just as ineffective against the kind of rush we were putting on them.

I agree!

Our D was VERY strong. Again, I loved how we dropped our safeties to cover the deep routes of the receivers and thus used our CB's to jump short routes,

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-12-2007, 04:34 AM
Same here - I have no ill will towards Frye. He got a raw deal. :cheers:

Agreed...I hope now that he can sit behind a proven QB, he will get a chance to learn the nuances of the game from a vantage point other than having his backside on the turf.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-12-2007, 04:38 AM
I agree!

Our D was VERY strong. Again, I loved how we dropped our safeties to cover the deep routes of the receivers and thus used our CB's to jump short routes,

Good point Preacher...but we had to rob Peter to pay Paul...and we left Kellen open too much for my taste. The upside is that WHEN the LB's dropped into good coverage, the Browns couldnt lead the TE....and we should only get better as the games progress.

revefsreleets
09-13-2007, 08:00 PM
This is good news for Frye.

I've changed my mind about Quinn. He should start this week against the Bengals. They don't play defense (Steve McNair payed the worst game of his career and the Ravens horrible offense still hung 20 points on the Bungals) and the Browns offense actually matches up pretty well. Quinn will be safe this week.

warddj86
09-13-2007, 09:18 PM
the sweet thing is that he said as he got on the plane, "maybe i'll have a shot of a title now" lmao

Polly
09-13-2007, 09:20 PM
I don't know why they did that, I mean, we would have made any of their other qbs look the same if not worse than frye

steelers simply fried frye