PDA

View Full Version : "Keeping it Real"

Suitanim
09-28-2005, 08:50 PM
Just as a reminder, at about this point in time last year, we had just been blown out by Baltimore (Who ended up being pretty awful last year) and had a rookie QB taking over the helm of our team...we then rattled off 15 straight wins. The Steelers traditionally under Cowher start a little slow and don't hit their stride until November/December.

So, for any of you doubting Thomas' who were contemplating hari kari over one loss, hang on, sloopy...there is a happy ending out there somewhere...

tony hipchest
09-28-2005, 09:16 PM
unfortunately if the steelers lose another game all other teams fans and the media will say how they suck and trying to diagnose whats wrong with them. like 12-4, 13-3, 14-2 all of a sudden is horrible. plenty of people will be more than happy to pile on. i guess thats what happens to a team with such high expectations year in and year out. 10-6 and a sb win would suit me just fine.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-28-2005, 10:01 PM
if the steelers lose another game it will be blamed on "bens sophmore slump"
??????
which he will not have

BlitzburghRockCity
09-28-2005, 10:45 PM
Yeah Im not concerned about it either.. we all the Steelers start out slow all the time.. then we kick it in gear and start rattling off wins left and right.. its par for the course..better to hit your stride after the midway point of the season, than before anways.

I.C. Lights
09-28-2005, 10:47 PM
hang on, sloopy...

You've definitely been in Ohio too long :rofl:

But I get your point...no point in worrying now...we all know what happened to the ratbirds the second time we played them.

Suitanim
09-29-2005, 09:01 AM
You've definitely been in Ohio too long :rofl:

But I get your point...no point in worrying now...we all know what happened to the ratbirds the second time we played them.

I'm pretty sure "Hang On Sloopy" was on in the background when I was born...

Soldier4Steelers
09-29-2005, 09:18 AM
a cool streak to root for now is big ben undefeated on the road. 10-6 might not even win the division this year, and put pitt on the road in the playoffs but damn a sb would be so nice.

ironcitychef
09-29-2005, 09:19 AM
October is always Cowher's month anyways.

Ambridge
09-29-2005, 11:32 AM
October is always Cowher's month anyways.

I'd rather the month of January and the Super Bowl weekend in February be Cowher's new strong time of the year.

chaichick70
01-25-2006, 03:38 PM
I love it!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's go Steelers!!!!! Whoo-Hooooooooooo!!!!!! Make sure you go to www.pittsburghvsseattle.com and vote for the Black and Gold!!!!

Suitanim
01-26-2006, 11:01 AM
Sometimes old suit actually knows what he's talking about...

melroseplace
01-26-2006, 11:09 AM
unfortunately if the steelers lose another game all other teams fans and the media will say how they suck and trying to diagnose whats wrong with them. like 12-4, 13-3, 14-2 all of a sudden is horrible.

unfortunately that is very true...hopefully we won't have to worry about that tho :bouncy:

Koopa
01-26-2006, 01:50 PM
i was wtf, i don't remember playing the ravens at this time of year, then i scrolled down and someone said something about a sophomore slump and i was wtf who the hell gonna bring that up if we lose, then i realized this was an old ass thread but good call suit