PDA

View Full Version : Surprise!! Guess where Chukky's going???

stillers4me
09-11-2007, 06:01 PM
http://cardinals.scout.com/a.z?s=126&p=2&c=678454

The Arizona Cardinals are bringing in free agent C Chukky Okobi in for a physical Tuesday and if he passes it, he'll likely sign a one-year, minimum deal. The veteran offensive lineman was released by the Steelrs earlier this month.

SteelerFanInCA
09-11-2007, 06:07 PM
After seeing the Cardinals center go down last night, I figured it was only a matter of time before we saw this move.

MasterOfPuppets
09-11-2007, 06:11 PM
at least he isn't going to a team of cheaters !!! :sofunny:

ShutDown24
09-11-2007, 06:11 PM
at least he isn't going to a team of cheaters !!! :sofunny:

Amen.

Stlrs4Life
09-11-2007, 09:00 PM
Cardinals | Team to bring in Okobi for a physical
Tue, 11 Sep 2007 11:05:39 -0700

Adam Caplan, for Scout.com, reports the Arizona Cardinals are bringing in unrestricted free-agent C Chukky Okobi (Steelers) for a physical Tuesday, Sept. 11. If Okobi passes the physical, the Cardinals will likely sign him to a one-year contract.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
09-11-2007, 09:02 PM
Cardinals | Team to bring in Okobi for a physical
Tue, 11 Sep 2007 11:05:39 -0700

Adam Caplan, for Scout.com, reports the Arizona Cardinals are bringing in unrestricted free-agent C Chukky Okobi (Steelers) for a physical Tuesday, Sept. 11. If Okobi passes the physical, the Cardinals will likely sign him to a one-year contract.

Not surprising since I think it was the Cards center went down last night.

The Duke
09-11-2007, 10:05 PM
Well, good luck Chukky, hope we see a matchup between you and Big Snack soon

tony hipchest
09-11-2007, 11:04 PM
now taking a paycut to stay with the steelers doesnt seem like such a bad idea.

in okolbis defense, im thinking hes looking more to going to a team where he has a chance to start.

good luck chuckwun. as far as nfc teams go i will definitely be rooting for you and all the other steelers with the cards.

(you would think we coulda atleast got a 1st round pick by trading the cardinals 1/5 of a franchise though.)

Hines86Ward
09-11-2007, 11:30 PM
Here's his official comments from a MySpace bulletin he posted around 11:30 this evening, if anyone is interested.....

"Its been fun Pittsburgh. But as you know, if it was up to me, i would have played for MY city forever. But coach Tomlin and company had different plans. I guess the fact that I am here with the coordinator and line coach that had so much faith in me for the past 6 years goes to show that if either one of them was the head coach in Pittsburgh, i would still be there. But the weather is great, the people are great, and its the beginning of a new chapter. not happy to be leaving Pittsburgh, but it was time to go. I really dont belong with the Steelers anymore. BUT I WILL ALWAYS BELONG TO THE CITY OF PITTSBURGH.......like my man Wiz Khalifa said, "It all in my Blood". I love you all and i will miss you. But now its time to play, see you Sept. 30th.....HOLLA!!!"

Steelman16
09-12-2007, 01:30 AM
They're becoming the Arizona Pitt-Rejects. lol

Good luck to Chukky, hopefully he'll be able to start.

RJC
09-12-2007, 07:14 AM
Chukki's just too damn small to play center in the AFC. With guys like Henderson, Stroud, Seymour, Williams, Washington, and now Ngata he would have been easily overmatched too often....