PDA

View Full Version : Woodson's take on Classless Johnson

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
09-12-2007, 02:02 AM
Was watching NFL Access and they were talking about Class less Ocho ass ho*es escapades on the sidelines last night. Here's what Woodson had to say

"....to me you gotta have class, he was fun, he's a funny guy I give him that BUT when you go to the sideline and put on a yellow jacket first of all your mocking the Hall of Fame, your doing that and second your not that good yet fella I mean I like you Chad but your not in the Hall of Fame and your not even close yet if Art Monk's not in your not even close to being in. So to me take some of that money and buy you some class!!!"

Thank you Woodson!! :cheer:

What I did notice in the clip is all his Cincinnati cronies the ball boys, the guys that carry the jock straps the shoe guys were all around him yucking it up and encouraging him. Why doesn't it surprise me that Lewis puts up with that crap. Could you see that happening on the Steelers sidelines...I don't think so.

ohiosteelerfan20
09-12-2007, 06:37 AM
Chad is a good player, but he is a loser. Disapears in the games against the Steelers. I hope he plays for the Bungles for a long time.

RJC
09-12-2007, 08:16 AM
I didn't think Chad's "HOF Jacket" routine was all that great, but all in all, he's good for the NFL and seams like he's one of the more popular guys among the players in the NFL.

rbryan
09-12-2007, 09:30 AM
How is Chad good for the NFL? He makes a mockery of the league every time he opens his mouth. The only thing Chad will be good for is some BS Reality TV show that our society can't seem to get eough of. You know the kind where you stick a couple has been, never were, psueudo celebrities in a room and watch them all take turns seeing which one can make a bigger azz of themself.

Chad is a clown. HOF?? please, more like hall of shame.

I keep hearing about how popular Chad is amongst the other players in the league. What a joke, like thats something to strive for. BTW they are laughing with him because they all know that as soon as they hit him in the mouth he disappears..

Tankus_Maximus
09-12-2007, 09:30 AM
Kudos to Rod for having the stones to go against the grain, and NOT suck up to CJ.

I think Rod said it best when he said CJ's good, but he aint that good. And he's right, if Art Monk cant get in, then CJ definitely can't get in the HOF.

If CJ had pulled that crap back when Rod was playing, it's safe to say that Rod woulda had something special waiting for Panocha Cinco the next time he went across the middle.

jjpro11
09-12-2007, 10:25 AM
CJ will feel the wrath of an actual future hall of famer when he faces us, Troy Polamalu.

Jman
09-12-2007, 10:40 AM
Wow - Very bold comments from Rod Woodson. I have to admit, I laughed at first, but hearing the comments from RW, wow, it's true; it is disgracing.

MACH1
09-12-2007, 11:01 AM
Did anyone see their top ten end zone celebrations?

The # 1 celebration was Barry Sanders - act like you've been there before.

CantStop85
09-12-2007, 11:15 AM
A former steeler classifying a bengals player as classless...really? You don't say.

Classless in my opinion is taking steroids in order to gain an advantage (merriman), spying on other teams' signals (patriots), getting arrested multiple times (henry and pac man), but not doing a silly touchdown celebration.

As far as Chad's chances of going into the Hall of Fame, if he keeps up his production to somewhere near where it's been the last 3 years, when his contract expires in 2011 he'll be somewhere near 6th on the all-time receiving list. If he has a few more decent years in the tank after that, he'll definitely have the stats to argue for a place in the hall of fame. However, the only real way for him to guarantee a spot is to win a Super Bowl...something that remains to be seen.

As far as my take on the celebration...it wasn't as exciting as promised and I thought it was pretty silly anyway. I would've rather he just done nothing at all. However, as long as he isn't drawing team penalties on the celebrations and he's getting in the end zone to do them, I could really care less. I'm just glad he was smart enough to walk over to the sidelines before he did it.

JimMac
09-12-2007, 11:26 AM
Let's not forget the funniest part of that "celebration"...

They missed the extra point!

SteelerFanInCA
09-12-2007, 11:28 AM
It was all bad comedy. Premeditated comedy is not funny. :dang::dang:

CJ is still an ass clown.

rbryan
09-12-2007, 01:25 PM
I'll be the first to acknowledge that when a player is on YOUR team that its human nature to accept things about him that you would despise if he were on another team (Joey Porter comes to mind)

But I can honestly tell you that I would still hate CJ and have zero tolerance for his crap if he played for the Steelers. It amazes me how the general public buys into his hype. So much so that we are going to actually debate him in the HOF?? Thats a joke to even discuss.

Elvis
09-12-2007, 01:34 PM
I was thinking the same thing at work and talking to my friends about the play with him assuming that he even thinks that he is HOF material is a JOKE!!
:tt02:

CantStop85
09-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Anthony Munoz didn't seem to like it either.

Munoz On Chad’s TD Celebration - “It’s Stupidity”
Posted by admin
September 12, 2007 |

Anthony Munoz, the only Cincinnati Bengal in the Hall Of Fame, seems to have taken offense to the recent Chad Johnson TD celebration on Monday Night Football. If you live under a rock, Chad scored in the first half on a touchdown catch from Palmer and proceeded to do a celebration which had him wearing a mocked up Hall Of Fame blazer.

The back of the blazer had this script, “Future H.O.F. 20??“

Anthony Munoz was on the Tony Bruno show yesterday and made his feelings known by simply saying, “It’s stupidity”…

He also went on to say it was “pathetic” and a display of “individualism” in a team game. He said 1 guy didn’t score, 11 guys scored.”

And I guess Daryl Johnston, the former Cowboy also feels strongly on the issue…..saying this on Sirius Radio recently.

“If Irvin was barely walking the line, no way Chad gets in”

“Plus, he was talking all week about how great his celebration would be, it was even that good“.

After some digging Daryl, we found that through each WR’s first six seasons, here is the tale of the tape on Irvin vs. CJ….

Irvin - 337 catches, 5694 yards, 34 TDs
Chad - 466 catches, 6925 yards, 41 TDs

rog
09-12-2007, 03:14 PM
IMO the NFL is pretty much to blame for punks like CJ and TO doing this stuff. If they would not have gotten rid of the team celebrations ie the Falcons dirty bird, the Rams bob and weave, the Redskins fun bunch ect we wouldn't be complaining about individuals showing anyone or even the other team up. Plus they were team celebrations I still don't see what is wrong with that. I would rather see an entire offense or defense dancing in the endzone instead of a jackass like TO pretending to sleep on the ball. Atleast it kind of acknowledges the fact it took the whole team to score and not just one guy. Plus we wouldn't have to hear CJ talk about all these stupid things he is going to do when he scores.

rbryan
09-12-2007, 03:16 PM
Trust me there are no players in the league past or present (other than a few knuckleheads on the current cincy roster) that are amused by this jackass. Its the media types like Tony Cornholer who think this is great stuff, and why not?? Another sideshow to exploit. Another story to fill the dead air with. I don't know how I ever managed to watch MNF without the insight and wisdom of TC.

HometownGal
09-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Let's not forget the funniest part of that "celebration"...

They missed the extra point!

Bwa ha ha!!!! :toofunny::toofunny::thumbsup:

RoethlisBURGHer
09-12-2007, 05:41 PM
What's sad is the media idiots vote on the HoF. So if they remember Chad doing tons of jackass celebrations, he must have been a great player.

I'd rather have 1 Hines Ward on my team than 10 Chad Johnsons.

83-Steelers-43
09-12-2007, 05:52 PM
Here....I'm going to make the common excuse.....

"That's just Chad being Chad!!!". Yeah, being a complete a-hole. Good job. That's something to be proud of. Let me tell you.

Wow, my excuse making is getting better and better since Bengal players started getting arrested and after listening to Marvin Lewis. I still don't have the bitching and moaning down to a science yet.

jjpro11
09-12-2007, 07:24 PM
its pretty pathetic when you have a whole city and media outlet speculating and looking forward to a stupid TD dance that might not even happen that day. i f'n hate chad johnson. let smith and polamalu knock his head off... now that is entertainment.

steelergirl07
09-13-2007, 12:19 AM
It turns me off when athletes toot their own horn. Have some humility, then you'll get respect.

Hines0wnz
09-13-2007, 03:43 PM
He is and always will be a talented tool.

revefsreleets
09-13-2007, 08:09 PM
Johnson completely disappears in big games (the few that the Bengals actually ever play). He almost certainly does much more to fire up the opposition with his nonsense then he does to help his team. Why the bulletin board material week after week? What does that really do? When teams with talent match up against him, they usually quiet him down. Chad is talented, but so are about 20 other WR's who play the game. I think when it's all said and done the ONLY way he'll be remembered 20 years from now will be the crap he pulls on the sidelines and in the media, and certainly not by enshrinement in Canton. And he'll have nobody but himself to blame for that.

LVSteelersfan
09-14-2007, 06:56 PM
I sincerely hope he jumps in the stands at the Dawg pound this weekend and gets his butt kicked up there. It would serve him right. I don't condone fans beating up on players, but he is one who deserves it.

MasterOfPuppets
09-14-2007, 07:39 PM
I sincerely hope he jumps in the stands at the Dawg pound this weekend and gets his butt kicked up there. It would serve him right. I don't condone fans beating up on players, but he is one who deserves it.maybe D-Dawg will smuggle a shiv into the pound....:scratchchin:

Tankus_Maximus
09-14-2007, 07:46 PM
A former steeler classifying a bengals player as classless...really? You don't say.

Classless in my opinion is taking steroids in order to gain an advantage (merriman), spying on other teams' signals (patriots), getting arrested multiple times (henry and pac man), but not doing a silly touchdown celebration.

As far as Chad's chances of going into the Hall of Fame, if he keeps up his production to somewhere near where it's been the last 3 years, when his contract expires in 2011 he'll be somewhere near 6th on the all-time receiving list. If he has a few more decent years in the tank after that, he'll definitely have the stats to argue for a place in the hall of fame. However, the only real way for him to guarantee a spot is to win a Super Bowl...something that remains to be seen.

As far as my take on the celebration...it wasn't as exciting as promised and I thought it was pretty silly anyway. I would've rather he just done nothing at all. However, as long as he isn't drawing team penalties on the celebrations and he's getting in the end zone to do them, I could really care less. I'm just glad he was smart enough to walk over to the sidelines before he did it.

If Art Monk isn't in the hall of fame, CJ NEVER gets in.