PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Steelers Fever for all the memories as a moderator, but I must step down

SteelCityMan786
09-15-2007, 02:43 PM
The time unfortunately has come for me to step down as a moderator here at Steelers Fever. SF, myself, and our moderator staff agreed that it was best I stepped aside due to my lack of presence.

It was great to serve this board as a moderator. When I first registered here, it was a small board that wasn't far from seeing it's potential as it has seen now. It went from a small 500 to maybe 1000 member board to a more then 6000 members board. It's just hard to walk out from the job, but it's what I have to do.

Anyway, changes in my life have caused this change. My Football schedule is now 6 days a week with longer practices since I'm now a member of my Varsity/Junior Varsity Football team. In addition, I'm taking a higher course load this year. It has consumed so much more then it has in the past that it's unfair to the moderators who served with me that I stayed on. I can only be on for maybe 2 Hours during the week depending on how much homework I have to do.

You won't see me go away. I'll still contribute my opinion on this board like everyone else who is an active member of this board does. It just won't be as much as it was in the past and over the summer.

Maybe if I'm fortunate enough, I can be placed in this position yet again. But for now, I have to worry more about the bigger fish I have to fry in school and life.

Anyway, Steelers Fever will be going around searching for potential candidates to fill the roll that I have now vacated. Don't know how many though.

Well, I guess that's all.

May Steelers Fever live on to even greater successes in the future.

The Duke
09-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Wow, I didn't see this coming. Thanks for everything steelcityman

MasterOfPuppets
09-15-2007, 02:59 PM
good luck with everything. you've been a good mod. :thumbsup:

i nominate ..........TONY HIPCHEST !!!! for sherriff...:thumbsup:

tony hipchest
09-15-2007, 03:16 PM
SCM- its good to see you have your priorities in order. i wish you the best of luck in your football and more importantly school. while this board is fun and a hobby, it cant distract you from your preparation for the rest of your life. thanks for all your time and dedication :thumbsup::cheers::jammin:

good luck with everything. you've been a good mod. :thumbsup:

i nominate ..........TONY HIPCHEST !!!! for sherriff...:thumbsup:

ok, i say you lloydfan and i get sloshed at the nearest moose tavernuckle to map out my campaign trail. :party:

:sofunny:

SteelCityMan786
09-15-2007, 03:27 PM
Thanks guys. I would also like to recommend TH for Mod if he wants it.

HometownGal
09-15-2007, 03:37 PM
Thank you Matt for the time you put in here as a Mod. As Tony said - it is great seeing a young man with his priorities in order! :thumbsup::cheers: Hope to see you around when you are available! :tt02:

SteelCityMan786
09-15-2007, 03:39 PM
Thanks Marianne. It was great to serve with you. I had the honor of training you when you first come on to the staff and you have done a great job from day 1. Best of luck to you and gary training my sucessor.

Preacher
09-15-2007, 03:39 PM
Thanks for your work SCM...

Hope all things work out well...

TH... as a mod? Oh my goodness!!! Is the apocalypse coming?

fansince'76
09-15-2007, 03:41 PM
It was a pleasure moderating with you, Matt. Good luck in school and to your football team! :cheers:

tony hipchest
09-15-2007, 03:44 PM

TH... as a mod? Oh my goodness!!! Is the apocalypse coming?im changing my name to 4THhorseman. :yeehaw:

SteelCityMan786
09-15-2007, 03:45 PM

TH... as a mod? Oh my goodness!!! Is the apocalypse coming?

Your welcome Preacher Thankfully I had no trouble with you.

It was a pleasure moderating with you, Matt. Good luck in school and to your football team! :cheers:

you to gary. Like wise with Marianne. it was great to be able to train you into the great moderator you have turned out to be today. Thanks for the good luck. So far our football team is 3-0 on the season. Won a barn burner 42-35 against clearfield last night.

Preacher
09-15-2007, 03:45 PM
I say put TH and me as mods... see if we can TAKE OVER THE WORLD!

(pinky and the brain... pinky and the brain, one's a genius, the other's insane....)

HometownGal
09-15-2007, 03:48 PM
C'mon guys - have a little heart here. I don't think this is the proper thread for new Mod nominations.

Preacher
09-15-2007, 03:51 PM
C'mon guys - have a little heart here. I don't think this is the proper thread for new Mod nominations.

True...

However I was talking about taking over the world!

(Pinky and the Brain... Pink......)

SteelCityMan786
09-15-2007, 03:52 PM
Yeah, HTG is right. This about my resignation. I feel that it is proper I announce this because since August of 2006, users have been use to seeing me in Blue lettering instead of Black.

HometownGal
09-15-2007, 03:55 PM
Yeah, HTG is right. This about my resignation. I feel that it is proper I announce this because since August of 2006, users have been use to seeing me in Blue lettering instead of Black.

Exactly, Matt. This is about YOUR resignation. You deserve the respect. If this thread continues to be hijacked, posts are going to be disappearing. :flap:

SteelCityMan786
09-15-2007, 03:59 PM
Exactly, Matt. This is about YOUR resignation. You deserve the respect. If this thread continues to be hijacked, posts are going to be disappearing. :flap:

Yeah, considering If I'm not mistaken, I was the longest tenured moderator in SF History. Mike will have to back me on that one though.

tony hipchest
09-15-2007, 04:01 PM
thanks for the vote of confidence scm, but like it has been said... this is your thread. hopefully any talk of a 4th horseman as mod has been seen for what it is. strictly tongue in cheek.

i would hate to bee seen as one who is pushing you out the door, as you have done a fine job and your dedication has been noted.

revefsreleets
09-15-2007, 05:47 PM
Nice job HCM. I never even suspected you were a mod. Good mods are like good DB's or good OT's: If they do their job right, you never hear their name mentioned.

SteelCityMan786
09-15-2007, 06:32 PM
Thanks Reve.

steelersfanmx
09-15-2007, 06:39 PM
I didn't see this comming too!.. We gonna miss you as moderator,
and as fellow poster and a good friend...
but you have more important things to take care and thats is good.
I just want to wish you the best of luck in this new stage of your life.:thumbsup:

hasta pronto amigo!:tt02:

Preacher
09-15-2007, 06:58 PM

Hmmmm....

I got some people that need to disappear... Interested HTG? :sofunny:

Matt... Keep the focus on school... but enjoy yourself as well! As I already said... good luck this year.

ShutDown24
09-15-2007, 07:12 PM
From what I can tell you did a very good job moderating this board SteelCityMan. I know how much of a challenge a large community board can be to keep up with. Good job.

HometownGal
09-15-2007, 07:42 PM
Hmmmm....

I got some people that need to disappear... Interested HTG? :sofunny:

Yes - as a matter of fact I am. And I know who is going to be disappearing first. :flap:

People - please. Out of respect for Matt, please no nominations in this thread, k?

SteelCityMan786
09-15-2007, 07:43 PM
I didn't see this comming too!.. We gonna miss you as moderator,
and as fellow poster and a good friend...
but you have more important things to take care and thats is good.
I just want to wish you the best of luck in this new stage of your life.:thumbsup:

hasta pronto amigo!:tt02:

I'm actually going to stay on and post.

I'm just done as a mod. Thanks Joel

SteelCityMan786
09-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Yes - as a matter of fact I am. And I know who is going to be disappearing first. :flap:

People - please. Out of respect for Matt, please no nominations in this thread, k?

Thanks Mar.

Dynasty
09-15-2007, 07:53 PM
Hey Matt, nice job as a mod... and I can understand where your coming from about the "not having enought time" as a fellow high school student... so good luck with everything, and considering that my team doesn't play yours (as far as I know), good luck with the football seasson

SteelersFever
09-15-2007, 08:16 PM
The time unfortunately has come for me to step down as a moderator here at Steelers Fever. SF, myself, and our moderator staff agreed that it was best I stepped aside due to my lack of presence.

It was great to serve this board as a moderator. When I first registered here, it was a small board that wasn't far from seeing it's potential as it has seen now. It went from a small 500 to maybe 1000 member board to a more then 6000 members board. It's just hard to walk out from the job, but it's what I have to do.

Anyway, changes in my life have caused this change. My Football schedule is now 6 days a week with longer practices since I'm now a member of my Varsity/Junior Varsity Football team. In addition, I'm taking a higher course load this year. It has consumed so much more then it has in the past that it's unfair to the moderators who served with me that I stayed on. I can only be on for maybe 2 Hours during the week depending on how much homework I have to do.

You won't see me go away. I'll still contribute my opinion on this board like everyone else who is an active member of this board does. It just won't be as much as it was in the past and over the summer.

Maybe if I'm fortunate enough, I can be placed in this position yet again. But for now, I have to worry more about the bigger fish I have to fry in school and life.

Anyway, Steelers Fever will be going around searching for potential candidates to fill the roll that I have now vacated. Don't know how many though.

Well, I guess that's all.

May Steelers Fever live on to even greater successes in the future.

As per our discussion, whenever you have more time to spare you just let me know! You won't ever be forgotten here, at Steelers Fever.

Thank you again for volunteering your time and helping Steelers Fever become one of the best of all message boards online. We couldn't have got this far without you.

SteelCityMan786
09-15-2007, 08:58 PM
As per our discussion, whenever you have more time to spare you just let me know! You won't ever be forgotten here, at Steelers Fever.

Thank you again for volunteering your time and helping Steelers Fever become one of the best of all message boards online. We couldn't have got this far without you.

Thank you Mike.

When you asked me to become a moderator here I was shocked to see that I was given the opportunity. When I thought about it, I figured I have seen other members step up and make it better, I thought it was the right time since Steelers Fever was making a transition from a board in it's infancy on V-Bulletin into what it has become today. I'm proud to have helped raise that standards into what other boards decided to use today. I'm thankful for the opportunity you have bestowed upon me. It has been a fun ride. I'm looking forward to the day I can rejoin the staff. The time that most likely will happen though, is not going to be until after the Football season is over. Especially once it's over I'm going to want to have a chance to relax and just enjoy life. Hopefully though, it's after a championship year. But hey, I also have other big responsibilities in my life that can help keep me busy to.

I feel the time I have been on this board have taught me a lot about life. You're going to meet people who you are going to like and not going to like. In addition, no matter how hard you try, what you feel is best, won't always please everyone. So in a way, you can call this part of maturation into the young man I have become today. Even 12 years after the biggest loss of my entire life happened, it's amazing how far I have come.

For anyone who might be interested in knowing how my high school team is doing. I play for the Hollidaysburg High School Golden Tigers. We're a team in District 6 Class AAA in the Mountain Athletic Conference. We're 3-0 on the season so far and in first place. You can find out more about our team at http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/Team.mxp/Pennsylvania/Boys_Varsity_Football_Fall_07-08/AreaID-465e1237-b7da-45d5-8f9d-f0b5b4281700/SchoolID-d8d63a6e-e7c4-457b-9e67-8fc3e79c2323/Sort-Overall

All of you have become part of my extended family. Here's to more great days ahead.:cheers:

btw dynasty, what school do you go to?

Steelman16
09-15-2007, 09:11 PM
I didn't know you, but being a mod of SF I have to give you props. Take care brother, and I hope life goes well for you. :cheers:

SteelCityMan786
09-15-2007, 09:12 PM
I didn't know you, but being a mod of SF I have to give you props. Take care brother, and I hope life goes well for you. :cheers:

Thanks man. You might have just registered that's probably why you never knew.

Dynasty
09-15-2007, 09:30 PM
Hey SCM, you need to clear your PMs.

Crushzilla
09-15-2007, 09:36 PM
High school is such an important time to enjoy the things that you want to, and are able, to do. From my time here I have seen how much you enjoy being on the board and aiding SteelersFever in being one of the best boards out there. Period.

I also know that you have a passion for the game and nothing is better than being able to be out there yourself. I'm also glad to know your team is enjoying success, which I hope continues. Have fun out there on the field and please be safe.

I'm also very impressed that you understand how important your studies are. As you already know from football, work hard now and enjoy success later. My grades were alright in high school, but I was able to get into a good school because of extra-curriculars. You've always come off as a guy with a lot of sense and I was surprised to see how old you are, I wouldn't have pegged you for so young. I'm sure it was difficult, but this decision reinforces my belief that you've got a good head on you.

As with the other Mods, I can't thank you enough for what you've done for the board. I look forward to continue seeing you around the site and beating your butt tomorrow in the fantasy league :wink02:

Take a deep breath, you've served well. :tt02:

SteelCityMan786
09-15-2007, 10:14 PM
High school is such an important time to enjoy the things that you want to, and are able, to do. From my time here I have seen how much you enjoy being on the board and aiding SteelersFever in being one of the best boards out there. Period.

I also know that you have a passion for the game and nothing is better than being able to be out there yourself. I'm also glad to know your team is enjoying success, which I hope continues. Have fun out there on the field and please be safe.

I'm also very impressed that you understand how important your studies are. As you already know from football, work hard now and enjoy success later. My grades were alright in high school, but I was able to get into a good school because of extra-curriculars. You've always come off as a guy with a lot of sense and I was surprised to see how old you are, I wouldn't have pegged you for so young. I'm sure it was difficult, but this decision reinforces my belief that you've got a good head on you.

As with the other Mods, I can't thank you enough for what you've done for the board. I look forward to continue seeing you around the site and beating your butt tomorrow in the fantasy league :wink02:

Take a deep breath, you've served well. :tt02:

Thank You Crush. It was a pleasure to make your visits here great.

SteelCityMan786
09-15-2007, 10:20 PM
Hey SCM, you need to clear your PMs.

Taking care of it now.

Be patient if you plan to send me PMS. I am about 590 PMs over the limit. Just goes to show you that I almost never delete PMs. :toofunny:

83-Steelers-43
09-15-2007, 10:30 PM
Take care SCM and good luck. Sorry to see you go. Stop in and talk some Pens hockey......please....lol.

SteelCityMan786
09-15-2007, 10:32 PM
Take care SCM and good luck. Sorry to see you go. Stop in and talk some Pens hockey......please....lol.

Oh I will be around to talk about our beloved Penguins. Considering we've been able to keep the faith all the time. I'll still be around to raise hell during Penguins and Steelers games.

The Duke
09-15-2007, 10:38 PM
Oh I will be around to talk about our beloved Penguins. Considering we've been able to keep the faith all the time. I'll still be around to raise hell during Penguins and Steelers games.

Oh good, so you'll be staying for steelers game days, cause I'm just beginning to enjoy myself discussing the game and reading your posts

83-Steelers-43
09-15-2007, 10:38 PM

Lord Stanley will be ours soon enough!!! :wink02:

SteelCityMan786
09-15-2007, 10:43 PM
Oh good, so you'll be staying for steelers game days, cause I'm just beginning to enjoy myself discussing the game and reading your posts

Yep, this has always been home to me. Mike and the staff who were on when I registered gave me a great welcoming. I'm proud to stay here.

Lord Stanley will be ours soon enough!!! :wink02:

One Day we can hear Mike Lange say again

LORD STANLEY, LORD STANLEY, GIVE ME THE BRANDY.

SteelCityMan786
09-15-2007, 10:54 PM
Ok, the PM wire is open.

Dylan
09-15-2007, 11:53 PM
thanks man good luck to ya

Livinginthe past
09-16-2007, 01:16 AM
Hey Matt,

I think you done a real stand-up job with the whole mod thing - best of luck with football, school and whatever else makes up your average week.

:cheers:

Nigel

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-16-2007, 04:14 AM
Brother!!!
It wont be the same....hope to see you here often!!!!

Atlanta Dan
09-16-2007, 08:23 AM
Good luck with school and thanks for all your time devoted to being a moderator

GBMelBlount
09-16-2007, 08:54 AM
Great Luck with everything Matt!

SteelCityMan786
09-16-2007, 09:21 AM
thanks man good luck to ya

Thanks Dylan

Hey Matt,

I think you done a real stand-up job with the whole mod thing - best of luck with football, school and whatever else makes up your average week.

Nigel

Thank you Nigel. It was great to work with you during your time as a moderator to.

Brother!!!
It wont be the same....hope to see you here often!!!!

I'll still be around. Heck, once I have free time again, I might request to be put back on the staff when the time allows. The Fall semester of school though, says no.

Best of Luck to you SCM! Thank you for all of your time and dedication to SF!
This wouldn't be the best Steelers board on the net without great people like you!
This is a really important time in your life (school)..... Keep taking it seriously and give it your all. You've got my respect and admiration! :thumbsup:

Although you may be stepping down as a mod, we all know you'll never step down from being a true Steelers fan or a part of the great Steelers Nation! :cheers:

Thanks Lloyd. I feel thankful I could make Steelers Fever into what it is today. It's hard to step aside from what I have helped mold into what it has become today. Thank you again.

I'll still be standing by as a loyal member of Steelers Fever. it's what helped me earned Moderatorship here. Black and Gold is stuck in my blood. You can not take it out. No one can ever take the colors of Black and Gold away from you or ANY Steelers fan. Once you become a Steelers Fan, you are one for life.

Good luck with school and thanks for all your time devoted to being a moderator

Thanks Dan

Great Luck with everything Matt!

Thanks GB.

pitt
09-16-2007, 09:40 AM
Good luck with school and football.

SteelCityMan786
09-16-2007, 09:51 AM
Good luck with school and football.

Thanks pitt

Elvis
09-16-2007, 01:57 PM
Steelcityman.. my prayers and congrats go out to ya brother. I believe that you have made the right decision to go
to bigger things in life other than sports/steelers. You are a young man with a good head on your shoulders sounds like to me and I wish you the best in all that you do, of course this doesnt mean to let your interest/love in the Steelers get away at all..
and God Bless Ya
:thumbsup:
:tt02:

SteelCityMan786
09-16-2007, 03:21 PM
Steelcityman.. my prayers and congrats go out to ya brother. I believe that you have made the right decision to go
to bigger things in life other than sports/steelers. You are a young man with a good head on your shoulders sounds like to me and I wish you the best in all that you do, of course this doesnt mean to let your interest/love in the Steelers get away at all..
and God Bless Ya
:thumbsup:
:tt02:

Thanks Elvis.

It won't be going away from me. This board won't go away from me. But I have bigger issues in life to attend to.

TackleMeBen
09-16-2007, 08:03 PM
so i guess this means i can harrass you about penn state now and not get in trouble...lol.....

good luck steelman.. you are my favorite penn state fan..

SteelCityMan786
09-16-2007, 08:41 PM
so i guess this means i can harrass you about penn state now and not get in trouble...lol.....

good luck steelman.. you are my favorite penn state fan..

For right now TMB. Once I have free time and SF needs people, I'm making a temporary comeback.

Thanks.

Stlrs4Life
09-18-2007, 05:14 PM
Best of luck to ya 786. You were a great Mod.

stillers4me
09-18-2007, 05:17 PM
You did a great job!! I foresee great things in your future..........best of luck!!

augustashark
09-19-2007, 02:58 PM
You've done a job here that any young man should be proud of. Good luck this season and if you get into the endzone make sure you let us know.

klick81
09-20-2007, 12:09 AM
Hey man! I think you've been a great mod and your presence as one will be missed, but you're doing it for ALL the right reasons! Live life, enjoy it, and play HARD!

SteelCityMan786
09-20-2007, 02:12 PM
Best of luck to ya 786. You were a great Mod.

Thanks Dom, keep running your tailgate parties at the Steelers games for SF.

You did a great job!! I foresee great things in your future..........best of luck!!

Thanks stillers4me.

You've done a job here that any young man should be proud of. Good luck this season and if you get into the endzone make sure you let us know.

Thanks augusta. I am very proud of what I have done. I feel it's a reflection of what I have done in school. It's blow up the standards that were set on me and raising them even higher

Hey man! I think you've been a great mod and your presence as one will be missed, but you're doing it for ALL the right reasons! Live life, enjoy it, and play HARD!

Presence as a mod might be done, but as a loyal member of Steelers Fever, NEVER!

That's how I like to live my life.

silver & black
09-23-2007, 10:43 AM
I just saw this thread. Better late than never, I guess.

In my short time here, I have enjoyed being a member here, and you have been a very good MOD. I think you had to give me a warning once... a well deserved one, at that. There was never any hard feelings on my part.

Good luck in whatever you do in the future.

SteelCityMan786
09-23-2007, 03:41 PM
I just saw this thread. Better late than never, I guess.

In my short time here, I have enjoyed being a member here, and you have been a very good MOD. I think you had to give me a warning once... a well deserved one, at that. There was never any hard feelings on my part.

Good luck in whatever you do in the future.

Thanks S&B. You have been a great member. No hard feelings towards ya man either. Just wanted to save you from ban so I figure the warning so you would control yourself enough to stay on.

NV STEELERS 723
09-23-2007, 06:44 PM
SCM....You've been a great
Mod... School is more important though, and I wish you all the best in athletics and life....

I've enjoyed your comments and you have been very fair to some of mine......

Being a full time Dad now with 2 kids in HS and college, I know that its hard for me to spend some time here, but I'm glad I saw your post...

Good luck in everything you do!

Paul

SteelCityMan786
09-23-2007, 09:58 PM
SCM....You've been a great
Mod... School is more important though, and I wish you all the best in athletics and life....

I've enjoyed your comments and you have been very fair to some of mine......

Being a full time Dad now with 2 kids in HS and college, I know that its hard for me to spend some time here, but I'm glad I saw your post...

Good luck in everything you do!

Paul

Thanks Paul. People I have come across are shocked about my personality, they never thought they would see a child that puts his academics up front of his others hobbies. I'll still hang around here, but I may not be around as much.