PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady

RichmondVA
09-30-2005, 09:57 AM
Can anyone help me with some stats.

How many games have a Tom Brady led Pats team been behind by 4 or more points with about 5 minutes left in a game.

How many games have a Tom Brady led Pats team been behind by 4 or more points with about 5 minutes left in a game and have scored to win the game.

Livinginthe past
09-30-2005, 10:12 AM
Hey Richmond VA,

I can't give you the definitive answers but I can give you the URL's of two forums that will more than likely be able to get your answer for you.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/

http://www.kffl.com/forums/index.php?

In the second of those links - try posting in the general forum or in the Pats one.

Good luck.

NM

ironcitychef
09-30-2005, 10:44 AM
Not sure but saw the stat that since 2001 Tom B. is leading with 17 4th qtr comebacks. Aaron Brooks was second with 14.

Soldier4Steelers
09-30-2005, 01:24 PM
crap! that guy is like a vulture. was it drew henson that started over him in college?? if so what happened to that guy??

Livinginthe past
09-30-2005, 01:40 PM
Drew Henson was indeed one of the QB's who attempted to start ahead of him - but Brady was so impressive they couldnt drop him.

Henson currently resides on the depth chart at Dallas - after a period of time playing baseball.

Cheers

NM

Soldier4Steelers
09-30-2005, 02:12 PM
who was the qb that started over brady his 1st couple years there. cause i know that he sat because so many colleges wanted him but he stayed in M despite sitting.... then came the henson ordeal and he still stayed... or am i mixing ncaa drama from another school?

RichmondVA
09-30-2005, 02:39 PM
Greise comes to mind.

I have heard 17 comebacks as well. I know two comebacks were by more than 4 points under the five minute mark. But still haven't found the correct answer.

tony hipchest
09-30-2005, 04:30 PM
Drew Henson was indeed one of the QB's who attempted to start ahead of him - but Brady was so impressive they couldnt drop him.

Henson currently resides on the depth chart at Dallas - after a period of time playing baseball.

Cheers

NM
i think henson is soon to reside with c. hutchinson and q. carter. to think henson was looked at as a potential #1 pick is pretty amazing when brady wasnt regarded as nothing more than a 6th. you know which qb was drafted right before brady in the 6th round? tee martin by the pittsburgh steelers. i wonder if brady wouldve climbed the depth charts here or wouldve been buried behind kordell and t. maddox, only to linger like b. st pierre has. whats your thoughts as a patsfan?

RichmondVA
10-10-2005, 01:25 PM
Another version of the question then. Of Tom's now 18 forth quarter combacks, how many ended with a field goal. I guess it is the same question as... since 2001, how many game winning field goals has Vinetari kicked?

slashsteel
10-10-2005, 02:12 PM
I don't think we would have ignored Brady. Maddox rose out of the sewer, and I think Brady would have shown enough, quickly enough to have stuck. You probably have to look at the pathetic O teams to see who would have overlooked him. LIke Atlanta overlooking Brett Favre I guess anything is possible......

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-10-2005, 03:45 PM
i too heard that brady leads the league with 17 4th quarter comebacks
and i also heard arron brooks was second with 14, that suprised me

Livinginthe past
10-11-2005, 01:05 AM
i think henson is soon to reside with c. hutchinson and q. carter. to think henson was looked at as a potential #1 pick is pretty amazing when brady wasnt regarded as nothing more than a 6th. you know which qb was drafted right before brady in the 6th round? tee martin by the pittsburgh steelers. i wonder if brady wouldve climbed the depth charts here or wouldve been buried behind kordell and t. maddox, only to linger like b. st pierre has. whats your thoughts as a patsfan?

Thats a tough one.

It all depends on how quick a teams management can spot talent and what sort of intangibles they are looking for.

Brady didnt have the big arm back then which is the first thing teams seem to look for, then maybe a bit of mobility - well Brady is good at sensing pressure but you certainly wouldnt call him a scrambler.

T.Maddox is probably a better back-up than we had backing up Bledsoe back then so Tom Brady didnt have so much traffic to get through.

All in all - who knows? Pittsburgh havent got where they are by missing top notch talent when it is right in front of them.

Cheers

NM