PDA

View Full Version : Week 2 Highlights

tony hipchest
09-17-2007, 05:35 PM
just some things i noticed-

-2 of steve smiths 3 td's were freakish in nature. breaking a 4 man tackle is insane.

-s. janikowski kicked a 52 yd fg and the ball hit the TOP of the upright. it woulda been good from 75 yards!

-paul posluszny has one hell of a nose for the ball. he seemed to be in on every tackle. there was talk we needed bobby carpenter the year before. poz is better. a #15 pick on him would not have been wasted.

-anthony gonzalez has glue for hands. he made a catch between 2 defenders yesterday that p. manning didnt have no business throwing, (and probably only he could complete).

-if i had 1 game to win, i would take brett favre at the age of 40 over carson palmer at his current age, any day. carson has all the measurables, tools, and physical traits. but he just doesnt have "it".

through the 7 games tomlin has been coach, the defense has allowed 16 points (maybe its 20) in the 1st half. its too much to ask the steelers to pitch a shut out in their 1st 2 games, but by all means they could be pitching shut outs. b. keisel, who is becoming a walking soundbite, revealed that their gameplan against the bills was pretty "vanilla", and they really didnt show any defensive packages that are still "secret" and being held for the future. :jawdrop:

what else stood out ? (or discuss any of the above)

:dang: :banging: :dang: (2nd time in a week i put an nfl thread in the locker room)

MasterOfPuppets
09-17-2007, 05:41 PM
just some things i noticed-

-2 of steve smiths 3 td's were freakish in nature. breaking a 4 man tackle is insane.

-s. janikowski kicked a 52 yd fg and the ball hit the TOP of the upright. it woulda been good from 75 yards!

-paul posluszny has one hell of a nose for the ball. he seemed to be in on every tackle. there was talk we needed bobby carpenter the year before. poz is better. a #15 pick on him would not have been wasted.

-anthony gonzalez has glue for hands. he made a catch between 2 defenders yesterday that p. manning didnt have no business throwing, (and probably only he could complete).

-if i had 1 game to win, i would take brett favre at the age of 40 over carson palmer at his current age, any day. carson has all the measurables, tools, and physical traits. but he just doesnt have "it".

through the 7 games tomlin has been coach, the defense has allowed 16 points (maybe its 20) in the 1st half. its too much to ask the steelers to pitch a shut out in their 1st 2 games, but by all means they could be pitching shut outs. b. keisel, who is becoming a walking soundbite, revealed that their gameplan against the bills was pretty "vanilla", and they really didnt show any defensive packages that are still "secret" and being held for the future. :jawdrop:

what else stood out ? (or discuss any of the above)

:dang: :banging: :dang: (2nd time in a week i put an nfl thread in the locker room)
i noticed the bengals suck....:hunch:

Atlanta Dan
09-17-2007, 06:31 PM

I forget - who had the #15 pick?:smile:

I am not one of those who want to put Carson Palmer in Canton, but what Palmer does not have is a defense - Bengals games are getting to remind me of the over always being the safe bet when the early 80s Chargers took the field

tony hipchest
09-17-2007, 06:56 PM
I forget - who had the #15 pick?:smile:

I am not one of those who want to put Carson Palmer in Canton, but what Palmer does not have is a defense - Bengals games are getting to remind me of the over always being the safe bet when the early 80s Chargers took the field
funny story about those 80's chargers.

phil simms was talking about stealing signals on sirius last week. he was saying how they knew all of fouts calls, signals, audibles, formations, etc..... "and we even held them to 44 points". :sofunny:

nothing against timmons, but if we wouldve picked poz, i think most of the detractors wouldve gotten over us for "reaching" with the #15 pick by now. then again poz wouldnt have been thrown into the starting line-up with the steelers like he is with the bills. but im far from buyers remorse (i'll give it 2-3 years, atleast) even though i wanted the steelers to take urlacher over burress. we'll see what happens.

tomlin replacing harrison with haggans, and putting in woodley definitely says coach believes in putting "the best players on the field".

Newzfoxjr
09-17-2007, 07:17 PM
Frank Gore's touchdown run was pretty freakish too. I couldn't believe he got away from that.