PDA

View Full Version : New Year, New Ben Roethlisberger

NateC
09-17-2007, 06:49 PM
REAL QUESTION IS HOW MANY OF US HAD A HORRIBLE FEELING WHEN BEN THROUGH THAT PICK. I WAS LIKE OH NO. HERE WE GO LOL. i didnt say that but i deffinately was thinking it... was SO happy to see ben bounce back. he would have thrown 3 last year. this year he throws one and recognises it was a Gamble and goes on to just plain Lead his team down the field many a drive. I really like Ben, Such huge Character coming from that guy in my opinion. Wish him and the Team all the best. The thing is, I WONT, from now on Get all Queezy when he throws a INT, it happens and when it does it Shows MAD character to bounce back and not Freaking Tripple Clutch and take a Sack cause your Second guessing yourself... I Saw JP losman do that once yesterday and was like... WOW... im so happy to have Ben At QB. it may be a Confidence thing, that JP can attain. Ben Has it. Can it be Shaken or Stripped from him... Yes When Traumatic things Happen it can mess your Mind up. Last Season was an example of Trauma effecting Bens Psyche. I AM sure of this now. I mean when you have a Good training Camp, a Good pre season and everyone around you saying man your Great and this and that. He has to take that and start believeing it. Last year lol not many around him were praising him by the 8th week. Im sure he was second guessing himself if only a little, even a little hesitation can mess you up in this league i do see that now. So, Barring Injury or personal problems in his off the Field Life i expect him to Ride his High. That means good things for Pittsburgh Offense. And if he has a Bunch of great games. Last season is gonna fade from his mind more and more. Lets hope for the best, If you see ben around the City Damn Tell him you respect him and wish him all the best and you know he can do it. cause damn if he dont already know im sure more and more good things said and expirenced by him is only gonna help him get back to 100%. maybe 105% cause he young and can still get better.:cheers:

FastWillieParker39
09-17-2007, 07:08 PM
I really wasn't worried that he threw that pick. That stuff happens. Brady threw a INT last night, no big deal.

Ben isn't looking like the "new" Ben Roethlisberger, he's looking like the old but improved Ben Roethlisberger. It's amazing to see how much of a difference a year makes when you're healthy and not heathly.

stillers4me
09-17-2007, 07:18 PM
but but but...........Carson threw 2 interceptions and Ben only threw one!!!!!

The Duke
09-17-2007, 07:49 PM

Carson is a Pro bowl MVP, you can't compare him to Ben :toofunny: :flap:

Edman
09-17-2007, 08:14 PM
Ben is going to toss INT's. But so far the positives have outweighed the negatives. Ben is vastly, HUGELY improved over last year. The 2004/2005 Ben would toss an INT or make a mistake and it wouldn't rattle him. Ben tossed and INT and went back and took care of business.

Also, give credit to the Bills D. The Safety didn't bite on Ben's pump fake.

rog
09-17-2007, 08:24 PM
That pick would have bothered me if it was a bad throw on a crossing route or something but it didn't bother me because it was a shot at a huge play and the safty made a play sometimes you have to give credit to the D.

Big7BenHOF
09-17-2007, 09:03 PM
We knew he was gonna throw one sooner or later.

steelpride12
09-17-2007, 09:17 PM
Ya Tom Brady threw an INT it happens. I think 5 TD's and only 1 pick so far is looking pretty good to me. I think this is the 2005 Ben we have been hoping for and i think him number this year will be very impressive as he helps us get back to the playoffs!

SteelCityMan786
09-17-2007, 10:05 PM

What did you say?

Smashmouth225
09-17-2007, 10:28 PM
Ben is going to lead us to the AFC North crown this year. I don't understand why a lotta folks think he is garbage or is nothing more than a game manager. Yeah right, game changer impact player is Ben. The league is going to find that out this year.

Steelers
09-17-2007, 11:21 PM
the safty made a play sometimes you have to give credit to the D.

QFT

Galax Steeler
09-18-2007, 03:44 AM
Ben is looking alot better in the pocket not forcing a throw alot better than 06.

Steel Pit
09-18-2007, 04:49 AM
Yep, interceptions happen, some are forced some by great defensive efforts. Every QB is going to throw his share of interceptions.

I have noticed something else about Ben, I'm not saying it's a big problem YET but I am a little concerned with it. I've noticed that he's showing signs of "happy feet" in the pocket. At times he's a little panicky. He's moving his feet around even when there's no presence of pressure. I believe that this has accounted for some of his inaccurate throws.

I just hope that he becomes more comfortable as the season progresses because signs of happy feet while under no duress is a bad sign.

Before you decide to bash me for the comment, do as I do, TIVO the game and study his footwork. The signs are there. I know what he's been through with the crash, the surgery, the thumb and the lack of protection from last years O-Line and I know that it takes time to recover from all of that so don't bother replying with that stuff. I'm just simply pointing out something that I'm a little concerned with.

Edman
09-18-2007, 07:06 AM
This years happy feet stems from Ben simply trying to make a play. Not because he's scared or antsy like last year. Ben has always had happy feet.

I think it's good Arians/Anderson are trying to turn Ben into more of a pocket passer, but trying to do it too much will waste Ben's natural talent...his deadly mobility. If you ask me, I'd rather see happy feet Ben rather than a statue back there at QB.

BurghZ0n3
09-18-2007, 08:33 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the most calm QB so far, since I've been a B&G die hard fan, was....Neil O'Donnell! Not Mike T, not Kordell, not Tommy, not Charlie either. Ben is no doubt ..... GREAT, but still edgy sometimes.