PDA

View Full Version : Receiver Problems

GBMelBlount
09-17-2007, 09:51 PM
New at FFL. Two of my receivers are Hines & top Philly receiver. Neither have been stellar so far and one thing I have noticed is both QB's are really spreading the ball around to about 10 receivers a game. Should I look at options?

ShutDown24
09-17-2007, 10:05 PM
Well if they are not getting it done, yeah you should consider your options.

Kaeg
09-18-2007, 10:02 PM
Yea, I find it tough to go with Pittsburgh offensive guys. Ben has so many weapons he spreads things a lot. Good for the team. Bad for FFL.

Livinginthe past
09-18-2007, 11:52 PM
Hey GB,

Think you done a nice job picking up Deion Branch - despiote a poor start to the year he is supposed to be the No.1 guy in Seattle this year so should see plenty of the ball in what can be an explosive offense.

Another guy I might take a look at is Drew Carter in Carolina - Delhomme isn't afraid to go deep and Steve Smith sees all the double teams.

revefsreleets
09-19-2007, 09:44 AM
Well, as I'm finding out owning McNabb, the Eagles lack any real explosive player on O other than Westbrook. I expect him to play better and the stats to improve, but nothing is a sure bet. As for Ward, he's hit or miss, but I think he's still Ben's go-to guy and he's going to have his moments. It's the kind of thing where the second you bench him, he'll catch 8 passes for 150 yards and 2 TD's. I'd hold Ward and look for emerging talent as a replacement the Eagles player.

ShutDown24
09-19-2007, 09:49 AM
Well, as I'm finding out owning McNabb, the Eagles lack any real explosive player on O other than Westbrook. I expect him to play better and the stats to improve, but nothing is a sure bet. As for Ward, he's hit or miss, but I think he's still Ben's go-to guy and he's going to have his moments. It's the kind of thing where the second you bench him, he'll catch 8 passes for 150 yards and 2 TD's. I'd hold Ward and look for emerging talent as a replacement the Eagles player.

I had McNabb in a league last year... It was a big league and the first few weeks he carried my team to like 6 - 0... Then after he got injured I was left with Leinart as the only capable guy on waivers... needless to say I didn't go very far... I ended up just missing the playoffs.

GBMelBlount
09-19-2007, 08:20 PM

Agreed, I kept my Eagles receiver in case things turnaround but don't plan on starting him until things hopefully do turnaround.

GBMelBlount
09-19-2007, 08:22 PM
Hey GB,

Think you done a nice job picking up Deion Branch - despiote a poor start to the year he is supposed to be the No.1 guy in Seattle this year so should see plenty of the ball in what can be an explosive offense.

Another guy I might take a look at is Drew Carter in Carolina - Delhomme isn't afraid to go deep and Steve Smith sees all the double teams.

Thanks LITP, I am enjoying ffl (though learning) and appreciate your help.

Livinginthe past
09-19-2007, 08:36 PM
Thanks LITP, I am enjoying ffl (though learning) and appreciate your help.

Hey, Im glad you're having fun with it. :cheers: