PDA

View Full Version : Steelers in Power rankings

Polly
09-18-2007, 03:30 PM
I've been looking in a couple of power rankings and in almost everyone of them the steelers are ranked in the top 5. I would post to links to CBS sportsline, Fox sports, and NFL.com but im not allowed because of my post count.

How do you guys feel about that? Im not really a big fan of ranking us at the top, I like when people doubt us..thats when we perform our best.

fansince'76
09-18-2007, 03:39 PM
Power rankings. :yawn: :coffee:

moedap
09-18-2007, 03:39 PM
I dont care for the "no respect" motivation. I want the attitude that they are they best and belong in the top of the rankings.

rog
09-18-2007, 04:14 PM
This is the NFL not College power rankings are irrelevant. A couple of weeks ago the Saints were either the #1 or #2 team in the NFC according to some of the experts how many of thoughs guys are willing to stick with that pick now and it is only 2 weeks in.

tony hipchest
09-18-2007, 04:24 PM
I dont care for the "no respect" motivation. I want the attitude that they are they best and belong in the top of the rankings.

:iagree: as long as they act like theyve been there (which we all know they have).

the alternative is the steelers can sandbag, and barely squeak by opponents, so all the writers continue to overlook and disrespect them. i'll take the record, and forget about the "radar".

robzombie813
09-18-2007, 10:37 PM
I take these things with a grain of salt. Just look at the Fox Sports list. The Steelers are number five after Da Bears. C'mon, the Bears? No disrespect, but...c'mon,

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
09-18-2007, 11:17 PM
The only rankings that count are the current 2-0 ranking.

Steelman16
09-18-2007, 11:19 PM
The only rankings that count are the current 2-0 ranking.

:iagree: So true. Who would have thought before week 1 that the Saints would be 0-2 and the Texans would be 2-0?

risnuff
09-18-2007, 11:48 PM
The only thing I care about the Steelers being number one in is the division standings.

Ok, possibly the conference standings too. You know, for the whole "bye week in the playoffs" thing.

stlrtruck
09-19-2007, 07:29 AM
I enjoy reading the power rankings but other than that, they are nothing more than an entertainment value.

duma
09-19-2007, 07:33 AM
While they are unimportant, I do like seeing other people think this team is great. It also provides me with more proof of better teams when I have to argue with the band wagon Bengal fans who don't know any better.

83-Steelers-43
09-19-2007, 07:35 AM

I personally do not bother with power rankings, but I agree with your opinion. I always felt the "no respect card" was overrated. The "no respect card" did not help us in the 25 years leading up to XL. If the "experts" at ESPN, SI, etc. etc. have us ranked in the top five, great. If they didn't, oh well.

All that matters to me is what they do on Sunday's. If our team needs negative power rankings or negative "expert" opinions to get them ready for Sunday's, we are in trouble.

TackleMeBen
09-19-2007, 07:39 AM
i was listening to late hits on sirius nfl channel and one of the guys said that its the steelers division to lose and the other guy was like you cant just count out the bengals and ravens. then he went on to say that the bengals defense doesnt show up and the ravens got beat by the bengals.

83-Steelers-43
09-19-2007, 07:51 AM
Personally, I'm not counting anybody out in this division (maybe the Browns). I'm not comfortable playing the Bengals or Ravens. That's not to say I think we won't win, but I wouldn't take either of those two teams lightly. I don't think you ever want to take a divisional team lightly or "count them out".

Then again, who knows what could happen from now until October 28? Ben could go down with an injury. Marvel Smith could go down with an injury. Willie Parker could go down with an injury. I'm not counting any of the teams in our division out. Hate to state the obvious, but this season is two games old. Many things can change from week to week.

The guy talking on sirius can get back to me in week 15. If things are looking like they are right now, I will join him and put on the black and gold sunglasses. Until then, it's waaaaay tooooo early to count anybody out (except for your obvious teams).

Just my two cents.

TackleMeBen
09-19-2007, 08:06 AM
Personally, I'm not counting anybody out in this division (maybe the Browns). I'm not comfortable playing the Bengals or Ravens. That's not to say I think we won't win, but I wouldn't take either of those two teams lightly. I don't think you ever want to take a divisional foe lightly or "count them out".

Then again, who knows what could happen from now until October 28? Ben could go down with an injury. Marvel Smith could go down with an injury. Willie Parker could go down with an injury. I'm not counting any of the teams in our division out. Hate to state the obvious, but this season is two games old. Many things can change from week to week.

The guy talking on sirius can get back to me in week 15. If things are looking like they are right now, I will join him and put on the black and gold sunglasses. Until then, it's waaaaay tooooo early to count anybody out (except for your obvious teams).

Just my two cents.

:iagree: its only week 2 and it seems like everyone is crowning a division winner already. i dont think they took into consideration injuries. i do think we are the better team right now, but we havent had to play a tough opponent yet either (like the ravens or bengals) . i do like what i see on offense and defense, and if we can keep it up maybe we will win the division or superbowl.. but right now i am only looking forward to the 49ers game.:thumbsup:

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-19-2007, 08:07 AM
Since these same arbitrary Power rankings had the Eagles and the Saints rated just as high a week ago........:yawn: