PDA

View Full Version : Steelers mentioned on Around The Horn today....

FastWillieParker39
09-18-2007, 07:45 PM
Today they were playing "Buy or Sell" and the question was "Will the Steelers return to greatness?"

The cast members were Tim Cowlishaw, Jay Marrioti, Kevin Blackistone, and Bill Plasche. When I first saw this I didn't even know if I wanted to watch it because I assumed they would say how the Steelers will not make the playoffs, how the Bengals will blah blah blah. I did watch it though and surprisingly 3 of the 4 cast members buyed that the Steelers will return to greatness and make the playoffs. I was very surprised and pleased.

BTW, Plasche was the one who sold it.

ShutDown24
09-18-2007, 07:53 PM
Despite all of the bashing that the PTI guys and ATH members get on the net... Most of them do actually have a pretty good opinion on things....

The question wasn't entirley "Will the Steelers return to greatness?" Tony threw in there that mike Tomlin could go undefeated in his first season which is why I think Bill Plasche sold it more than anything. Reali didn't do a good job presenting the question.

JimMac
09-18-2007, 08:05 PM
The majority was that yes the Steelers look good but us fans should not get our hopes up for a Super Bowl.

wadester47
09-18-2007, 09:58 PM
why-not everyone else gets their hopes up? why can;t steelers fans- I am I hope we win the super bowl every year.
we'll get tested soon enough to know what is going to happen.
go steelers

JackHammer
09-19-2007, 01:51 AM
Funny thing is, I was watching it with my dad and I said almost the exact same thing to him. I told him they were all going to shit on us, but I'd still check it out. Not that I put much stock into the self proclaimed experts, but I was pleased to see that somebody sees this teams potential.

OptionCoach
09-20-2007, 12:19 PM
It's sometimes interesting to listen to the talking heads, but do they know as much about our team as we do? Hell, no. We are a better judge of where we stand as a team....they are blowhards interested in entertainment value only.

My .02

:tt02: