PDA

View Full Version : Wk 4 Steelers vs Cards---Russ & Ken!!!!

SteelDogFan
09-18-2007, 09:15 PM
I know its early and I know we play San Fran next, I'm not overlooking this important game. But I believe we need to start this thread so that everyone gets a chance to chime in. Considering I believe we will be 3-0 going into the 4th week, I wanted to start this one early.

My first thoughts are: No matter what their record the Card players themselves will be fired up for this one. You know win one for the coach. Ken knows the D well. This will be a good challenge for Bruce.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-18-2007, 09:21 PM
Ken knew the D well. I think LeBeau will really throw some new things at Whiz that he never saw from the Steelers defense before.

MasterOfPuppets
09-18-2007, 09:25 PM
it should be quite a chess match between whiz and lebeau..

Elvis
09-18-2007, 09:26 PM
First of all... I like your sig, its cool. Next...
Dont overlook this 49ers team..
They have a little over 400 yards total in their first 2 games combined... but they have 2 victories. They are playing pretty good defense. I dont see Gore having alot of yards against us this sunday afternoon, but this will be a trap game. I just hope that Tomlin keeps the guys focused on these Niners!!
Forget the Cardinals for now, we still have a 2-0 team coming to Heinz field this sunday afternoon..
:tt02:

tony hipchest
09-18-2007, 10:01 PM
hmmm. this thread is like getting to 1st and 2nd base for the first time.

personally im gonna stop and smell the fresh roses, and enjoy 2nd and 3rd base for a while, before i start worrying about hitting a home run and prematurely leaving a mess in my jeans.

slippy
09-18-2007, 10:31 PM
i don't think this is a trap game at all. it's a much bigger deal to wiz and grimm to porve that we let the best men go. it seems that the team is happy with tomlin so far, and i have not heard one hint otherwise since before training camp!

Steel Pit
09-19-2007, 02:01 AM
First of all... I like your sig, its cool. Next...
Dont overlook this 49ers team..
They have a little over 400 yards total in their first 2 games combined... but they have 2 victories. They are playing pretty good defense. I dont see Gore having alot of yards against us this sunday afternoon, but this will be a trap game. I just hope that Tomlin keeps the guys focused on these Niners!!
Forget the Cardinals for now, we still have a 2-0 team coming to Heinz field this sunday afternoon..

You're exactly right. I'm suprised at myself thus far this season, I haven't yet looked beyond our next oponent and I want to continue with that trend. Screw Arizona, for now anyway.

Sharkissle29
09-19-2007, 02:23 AM
.....and i will be at that game.

JackHammer
09-19-2007, 04:06 AM
I never worry about games beyond the next one. I get impatient and only want the next game to be here! That being said, it's going to be a treat to watch us show Ken, Russ, and Faneca that we made the right choice in hiring Tomlin.

ChronoCross
09-19-2007, 05:16 AM
Hmm get with me next week when we actually start to pre pair for them..

shutdown
09-19-2007, 11:46 AM
.....and i will be at that game.

meeeeeeeeee toooooooooooooo :tt02:

shutdown
09-19-2007, 11:47 AM
oops

alittlejazzbird
09-19-2007, 02:37 PM

personally im gonna stop and smell the fresh roses, and enjoy 2nd and 3rd base for a while, before i start worrying about hitting a home run and prematurely leaving a mess in my jeans.

:toofunny::sofunny::toofunny::sofunny::toofunny:

ROTFL!

HometownGal
09-19-2007, 02:52 PM
While I appreciate your insight into the Cards/Steelers game, I must go along with the consensus here and say that I am concerning myself with this week's matchup with the Niners. A lot can happen in a week, i.e. injuries, so I prefer to wait until the Monday before the Cards game to voice my opinions, predictions, etc.

From the words of Coach Cowher during our historic Super Bowl run in 2005 . . .

One game at a time. :tt02:

MACH1
09-19-2007, 05:46 PM
How bout we worry bout week 3 first.

onthebus36
09-19-2007, 06:47 PM
I TOTALLY agree we focus on the Niners.

Regarding Whiz and Grimm in general, there seems to be quite a bit of hand-wringing that Whiz knows LeBeau's defense so well but nobody looks at the other side of the coin... Coach LeBeau knows Coach Whiz's offense inside and out too.

In my book, LeBeau wins the knowledge fight. He's more experienced, he's been a head coach, and he has a bunch of new looks and plays no one has seen before.

That said, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Right now, I'm more interested in stopping Frank Gore.

steelpride12
09-19-2007, 06:50 PM
Ken knew the D well. I think LeBeau will really throw some new things at Whiz that he never saw from the Steelers defense before.

I agree obviously our defensive schemes will be much different and our offense is also new so the cards really won't have an advantage accept to win for the coach, so as long as we come out fired up and run all over Leinert we should be fine.

TackleMeBen
09-19-2007, 07:36 PM

tony you are disappointing me .... no cheese reference???????????????????? lol:cheers:

SteelDogFan
09-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Ok folks, I understand the things said. But if you read my initial post you will see that I stated that "I am not overlooking the SF game". I believe it will be competitive but in the end I believe the Steelers D will be to much for their mediocore offense.

I just believe that the game with the Cards will be our toughest test out of the first 4. I in know way meant any disrespect to the 49's who is a 2-0 team either. I just know that there are Steelers fans with some crazy stuff to say about this game and did not want anything to go unsaid.

If you come to this thread and feel you cant or shouldn't post (some fans are superstitious that way, thats ok). But the reason I started this post was to let everyone have their say.

Check this out:
Ken
Russ,
Sean Morey,
Chukky Okobi,
Oliver Ross,
Rodney Baily
ALL ex-Steelers

Larry Fitzgerald
Anquan Boldin
Edgerrin James
Sean Morey
If Lienart is on our secondary will get its biggest test of the year.

jd2
09-20-2007, 03:32 PM
Do we play the Card's for the next 2 or 3 years?

TackleMeBen
09-20-2007, 05:18 PM
all i want to see is that punk leinhart on his butt all game. i want see him sacked everytime he has the ball in his hands.. (in case you didnt notice i hate leinhart..lol)

ricksteelers55
09-23-2007, 04:55 AM
Check this out:
Ken
Russ,
Sean Morey,
Chukky Okobi,
Oliver Ross,
Rodney Baily
ALL ex-Steelers

You forgot Special Team Coach Kevin Spencer, TE Tim Euhus and P Mike Barr too ;)

As far as I'm concerned,I dont want to under-rate the 49ers,their offense hasnt start yet and they are 2-0 and god knows how dangerous their offense can be,so we must respect them and be prepared.We'll worry about Whiz and Grimm later.

Galax Steeler
09-23-2007, 08:31 AM
Remember who rushed for a 100 yards against us last time the edge.

SteelDogFan
09-23-2007, 12:03 PM
This thread now officially starts at:

4 pm September 23, 2007

If you post in this thread before that date and time your keyboard will explode and the earth will stop revolving. LOL :coffee:

stlrtruck
09-23-2007, 04:17 PM
So now that I saw a BS Personal Foul call on the cardinals for the hit at the 50 yard line, I must say that the cardinals definitely pose a threat to our defense, especially playing in Arizona.

I think they definitely have some offensive talent, way above what the experts give them. I didn't get to see their defense today - but being in Tampa doesn't allow for much else but the scubs!

Steeler in Carolina
09-23-2007, 04:23 PM
They have a QB problem know. Lineart got pulled in favor of Kurt Warner today. Warner lit it up with 2tds and 200+ yards. I really like our chances next week.

TommyG
09-23-2007, 05:15 PM
Yeah...If we would have stuck a couple of those drives in the endzone we would have blown the niners our even more.....Leinart or Warner will be running for their life next week, whichever one plays.

stlrtruck
09-23-2007, 05:35 PM
Yeah but don't let Warner fool you, he does good for the first 3 weeks as a back up!!

klick81
09-23-2007, 06:19 PM
I wonder who we will prepare for...Leinnart, or Warner.

SteelDogFan
09-23-2007, 07:20 PM
Lets hope we have to prepare for Matt because Kurt will play with a chip on his shoulder as though he has something to prove. What a better chance to prove you still got it than against the number 1 "Defense" (after this week) in the league.

This past week I was worried about our offense against the 49's defense. This week its just the opposite our defense against the Card's offense. I believe we will score at least 24 points and probably more. The question is can we stop them. I think we can and will.

Today was the first time I got to see the steelers play and the defense is better than I thought it was. Dick is going to have to ease up on the blitz or our corners are going to have to prove they can cover well one on one. either way its going to be a challenge.

Crushzilla
09-23-2007, 07:23 PM
Lets hope we have to prepare for Matt because Kurt will play with a chip on his shoulder as though he has something to prove. What a better chance to prove you still got it than against the number 1 "Defense" (after this week) in the league.

This past week I was worried about our offense against the 49's defense. This week its just the opposite our defense against the Card's offense. I believe we will score at least 24 points and probably more. The question is can we stop them. I think we can and will.

Today was the first time I got to see the steelers play and the defense is better than I thought it was. Dick is going to have to ease up on the blitz or our corners are going to have to prove they can cover well one on one. either way its going to be a challenge.

Also, if we don't start turning drives that go into the other teams field into touchdowns we are gonna find ourselves in big trouble against teams that have potential to light up the scoreboard...

NV STEELERS 723
09-23-2007, 07:26 PM
100 yrds rushing,sacks,Defense, QB elite, it all spells a STEELER win...

TackleMeBen
09-23-2007, 08:21 PM
if leinart was affected by the ravens defense(which seems to be less than stellar) he should be very afraid of the steelers defense. they look better than the ravens defense right now.

MEANSTEELER
09-23-2007, 08:28 PM
Steelers First game in Arizona Sept 30 ,2007
Steelers Next Arizona Game. ..Feb 3,2008
GO STEELERS..........PITTS 35-ARZ 9
WILL BE THERE

lilyoder6
09-23-2007, 09:52 PM
we alrdy know that the steelers can stop edge.. i mean they been stoping all rb's evry game.. we just need a good game from our secondary to shut down fitz and boldin.. it's gonna be a good game...

bratsinmybelly
09-24-2007, 12:53 AM
I get a sense that there is frustration building in AZ. They have been close this year but just can't turn the corner. Now they've created themselves a little QB controversy and still can't get it going. The Steelers feed on teams like this. I know they will be fired up b/c of Whiz/Grimm but so will we. Add the fact that we are a team that has established an early identity vs. a team that is struggling to find theirs and I think we win going away.

MACH1
09-24-2007, 01:00 AM
We need to be careful of this game not to have a let down.
But I think Tomlin will keep them focused on the task at hand. Then hope that our secondary can handle their receivers.

fansince'76
09-24-2007, 01:06 AM
Looks like Leinart is still the starter - at least for the moment:

Arizona backup QB and former league MVP Kurt Warner, who traded series with Matt Leinart throughout the game, led the Cardinals to two touchdowns in the fourth quarter and finished with 258 yards on 15-of-20 passing. After the game, coach Ken Whisenhunt said Leinart will remain his starter.

Ravens/Cardinals Wrap Up (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?season=2007&week=REG3&game_id=29227)

SteelersMongol
09-24-2007, 07:00 AM
We need to be careful of this game not to have a let down.
But I think Tomlin will keep them focused on the task at hand. Then hope that our secondary can handle their receivers.

Exactly! Especially after what they tried to do against the Ratbirds yesterday.

Buzz05
09-24-2007, 08:42 AM
Looks like Leinart is still the starter - at least for the moment:

Ravens/Cardinals Wrap Up (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?season=2007&week=REG3&game_id=29227)

I was stuck watching the Cards-Ravens game yesterday since the Steelers game wasnt shown here. The reason Warner was put in was for package purposes only. Wiz said in a half time interview that the reason he put in Warner was because they were trying to do something different with the packages and the No Huddle they ran. True Leinart looked like a baby with a soiled diaper back there but he is a starter and will remain so. He will keep getting pulled in those situations until he shows he can effectively run the No Huddle.

So either way you look at it we are going to have to prepare for both Warner and Leinart. Leinart for the normal sets but Warner whenever Wiz decides to run the No Huddle. Now yesterday they ran it at the end of the first half and the fourth quarter when they were down 23-6. So look for this around these situations.

Also I noticed that Edge didnt do anything really against the Baltimore defense. He had 1 good run and he was taken out of the game plan, it might have been because they were down so much but none the less, the Arizona offensive line couldnt with stand the Baltimore rush defense.

We will however need to put the clamps on Anquan Boldin. Guy is a stud, he lit up the Baltimore secondary. As far as Larry Fitz goes he did not look happy all day. They said in the first half he only had 1 ball thrown his way so look for him to get involved more.

Just from what I could tell this is going to be a chess match like someone said in a previous post. Watch for Russ to have his O-Line geared up to opening wholes for Edge and Wiz trying to throw some trick plays in there to counter act the Defense.

SteelDogFan
09-24-2007, 01:52 PM
After actually getting to see the Steelers play for the first time this season I believe the Cards are in real trouble. Its not that the Steelers are playing great ball its the fired-up-ness of the whole team and the atmosphere. They were high five-ing and patting each other on the back all game. I know this goes on all the time in the NFL but I got a sense of new-ness that wasn't there during Cowers last year. Its as though they know their going on a SB run.

The confidence they showed was all over the field (if you have seen the Patriots this year you know what I mean). The Steelers are not necessary just playing good ball but they are very confident while doing so. I like what Mike Tomlin is doing. I'll say it again the Rooney's did a great job in hiring again.

moedap
09-24-2007, 04:09 PM
Matt L or Kurt W. they are in trouble. Kurt W gets happy feet with a rush and the Steelers cause fits for new QB's(except P. Rivers last year).

DACEB
09-26-2007, 01:20 PM
With all the acclaim we have been getting this week I hope we don't have a letdown. Tough game or not, storylines or not, this is a game we should win and I believe the Steelers will win. As many have pointed out we have not been on a rollercoaster ride but instead have played consistently at a high level.

This is the type of game in the past that would have me worried. This will be the biggest test for the secondary so far this season. Somehow though I feel confident that they will rise to the occasion. Not because of the storylines involved but because of the preparation that they have gone through up to this point.

We have been hearing about some surprises on defense for some time now. I believe this will be the week that some of those will be unveiled by the wizard.

I am not concerned with the familiarity Whiz and Grimm have because I think we are a different team. Tomlin and Lebeau have altered the defense somewhat. I myself love that we now use a big four man line in different formations instead of moving the ends to tackle and the OLB to DE. The team now runs a much more versatile offense that is far less predictable, and they actually throw to the TEs.

This will be Tomlins first big test I believe, I hope he passes with flying colors.

alittlejazzbird
09-26-2007, 04:43 PM
Courtesy of Profootballoutsiders.com in their weekly NFL Rundown:

Steelers at Cardinals: The worst thing about coaching the Cardinals is, well, they're the Cardinals. The best thing is that a coach has some freedom to experiment. Ken Whisenhunt was able to tinker with a rotating quarterback system last week ? Matt Leinart got the start, Kurt Warner ran the no-huddle package ? because he didn't have the ghosts of Chuck Noll and Bill Cowher looking over his shoulder. If he tried anything that daring in Pittsburgh, longtime fans might have given him the pitchforks-and-torches treatment.

On the surface, the Leinart-Warner rotation looks like a panic move after only three games. But give Whisenhunt the benefit of the doubt. The move opened up the playbook and momentarily stunned the Ravens. Plus, it may have reminded Leinart that film work and preparation isn't a week-on, week-off commitment. Leinart is still the starter, but he and opponents now know that Whisenhunt has a quick trigger and will juggle passers to gain an edge. It's a bad long-term strategy, but it will give the Cardinals' next few opponents something to think about.

It's too early to tell if Whisenhunt is injecting Steelers-ness into the Cardinals, or if he contracted Cardinals-ness upon reaching the desert, leaving his own Steelers-ness to desiccate and blow away. One thing is certain; the Steelers aren't missing their former offensive guru very much. The Steelers still don't quite have the hang of new coordinator Bruce Arians' scheme (Ben Roethlisberger spends an awful lot of time running around), but the Willie Parker-heavy offense is good enough to complement the scary defense and suddenly effective special teams.

Don't worry about the Warner Shuffle this week. Take the Steelers and enjoy their blitz-happy show.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7265078

Dino 6 Rings
09-26-2007, 05:25 PM
Ever been in school, and had a teacher's aid sit in the classroom. Well, that's what this is. Wise and Grim are the teacher's aids, that sat in the room and learned the last couple years off your teacher. Then your teacher retired...and instead of the teacher's aid becoming your teacher, a new young, hip, exciting, fired up, fresh teacher was brought in and school was fun again...well, this is like that. Yeah, we liked the teacher's aid. They were cool and ok while the regular teacher was there, but now that we have this new teacher, who is cool, hip, exciting and fired up, well, we don't really need the teacher's aid anymore...sorrry aid...you got your 3rd grade science class...leave the higher level education up to our new teacher...

man I love to rant

FastWillieParker39
09-27-2007, 03:56 PM
I know I'll probably get blasted for saying this but I'm honestly worried about this game for the Steelers.

Warner came into the AZ offense and that offense picked it up nicely. Now I know Leinart is starting but if Warner comes it, watch out.. They also have Wisenhunt and Grimm and they both know what the Steelers weaknesses are in the players. They know how to gameplan against them because well they were on the Steelers staff so they know how to prepare against each player.

I don't know I just have this weird feeling this will be a let down game. Of course this "feeling" I talk of will most likely be wrong.

Counselor
09-27-2007, 04:21 PM
I know I'll probably get blasted for saying this but I'm honestly worried about this game for the Steelers.

Warner came into the AZ offense and that offense picked it up nicely. Now I know Leinart is starting but if Warner comes it, watch out.. They also have Wisenhunt and Grimm and they both know what the Steelers weaknesses are in the players. They know how to gameplan against them because well they were on the Steelers staff so they know how to prepare against each player.

I don't know I just have this weird feeling this will be a let down game. Of course this "feeling" I talk of will most likely be wrong.

I don't worry about it being a "let down"---but I do worry about Ben & company being "too tight" and wanting to prove too much.

BurghZ0n3
09-27-2007, 05:50 PM
Cards, Hawks, & Ratbirds ....all the birds will get their turn being BBQ!!! Still some fire burnin' inside, being bashed by the "Ratbirds" twice last year....:banging::banging::banging:

SteelDogFan
09-27-2007, 10:09 PM
I agree with Fast-Willie for this reason. This team has a lot of talent and one game this season they will gel and put up a lot of points on someone. I see them becoming the next big three, yeah maybe they'll have a different QB than Matt, but we know Wiz can coach an offense and one day he will get this team rolling. Add the incentive of playing our Steelers and they may put up a big fight. its games like these I wish we still had Porter. The team needs his fire for this game.

On the other side I don't believe this game to be the one where they get it all together. The Steelers will be fired up for this one and most of all........WILLIE PARKER WILL BE ON A FAST SURFACE, THAT MEANS TROUBLE FORM THEM! Also I guarantee Dick has some special stuff saved up for Wiz and he will be suprised at some of the "D" he sees.

The main problem with this game is Kurt Warner. If he plays a lot that could change the game.
I still say the Steelers whip them bad.

STEELERSTAR
09-27-2007, 10:26 PM
Interconference is based on every 4 years. We'll play Cardinals again in 2011

Do we play the Card's for the next 2 or 3 years?

.24lockdown
09-27-2007, 10:36 PM
i must say im feeling worried bout this game also. after what KW did when he came in against the ravens....idk.....
wiz said he was gonna try and get him into the game at some points and i think he is gonna be a threat for some reason.

me, my dad, and his friend are actually gonna head out to arizona and try and get tickets, hopefully we can find someone selling a few tickets......
i cant wait!

BurghZ0n3
09-28-2007, 02:20 PM
I'd say closed game..., but our "D" would make several turnovers again & score...24-17 Re-live the 2004 season! :thumbsup:

NateC
09-28-2007, 02:37 PM
Do not Fear The Card's Just Respect the Card's, Be Well Prepared and Do our best to Execute. SAME STORY DIFFERENT SUB PAR OPPONENT.
Steelers Should WIn, only thing is We Gotta play the Game and Score more Points than Arizona On sunday.

"GET YOUR POPCORN READY". Its Gonna BE QUITE A SHOW. Will be an AMazing game in AZ. I predict BIG time coverage and Analysis for Days After the Game. BIG STORY QUARTERBACK CONTROVERSIES AROUND THE LEAUGUE

GRIESE STRUGGLES, LIENART SUCKED, CULPEPPER LOOKED OK BUT MCNOWN IS HEALTHY FOR NEXT WEEK . lol I CAN SEE BIG NEWS A BREWING. We Just Gotta do our part to make lienart Look Silly Next to Ben And our Offense.

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO...

RIDE OR DIE., WIN OR LOSE> HOMER FOR LIFE.

Member Who Said it.:helmet:

delhess
09-29-2007, 09:40 PM
this is pretty funny: a steeler fan hijacks a cards forum and look at the buzz it makes. maybe we should join him. cardinals fans appear to be so unrealistic. but anyway what can you do, after all fan = fanatic.
http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?t=25109

Elvis
09-30-2007, 06:08 AM
This is gonna be alot harder game than most think against the Cards in my opinion. The Cards passing game is gonna test our untested secondary this weekend for the first time. I just hope that all the talk about our secondary being faster is true, because Boldin and Fitzgerald are gonna be ready to push our corners around. We must run the ball very well today and keep the ball away from that Cardinals offense.

Dino 6 Rings
09-30-2007, 12:05 PM
Let me mention something about Fitgerald that isn't talked about much. In big spots, in big games, he disappears. He did it at Pitt, he still does it in the NFL. The guy is great, and as a Pitt fan, I rooted my butt off for him, but one too many times I saw him drop the ball in the endzone on a 3rd down or get shut down by a big time corner. He's great against a mediocre secondary, but against a good solid secondary, he'll have his 3 catches for 22 yards and zero touchdowns. He's a non factor today, Steelers roll, 33-19. game set match. Oh, and there is no freaking way James has 100 yards on us today. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he "limps" off the field in the 2nd quarter and sits with a "knee sprain" for the remainder of the game. He will want no part of our revenge minded linebackers.

Preacher
09-30-2007, 12:19 PM
I just want us to WIN this game...

For some reason, I am more anxious about this one then I was the opening game!

SteelDogFan
09-30-2007, 04:59 PM
WOW! Cleveland Browns!!!!!!!

SteelDogFan
09-30-2007, 05:22 PM
Preach I agree. The Ravens lost, we could be up 2 games in the Division and we haven't even played them yet, Go Browns!

Preacher
09-30-2007, 05:42 PM
Yea.. If we win this game... we are two games up, with only 4 played. WOW.

bw87a
09-30-2007, 06:58 PM
why are we losing this game? i am unable to watch it, but i've been following it on yahoo. it seems like we have to rushing game today and several penalties may have hurt us?

BAC
09-30-2007, 07:02 PM
Where's our defense? It hurts with no 43 in the game.

Eztarget
09-30-2007, 07:03 PM
We lost because we couldn't punch it in from the 2 yard line, and Ben throws KILLER INT at 2 yard line. Then bad punt coverage = loss to ANY TEAM.

acemobsoldier
09-30-2007, 07:07 PM
****ING STEELERS :rocket:

bw87a
09-30-2007, 07:10 PM
when i was watching it on yahoo, it said that ben had threw an INT at the 2 yard line, but that we tackled them and got a safety. it even updated as that on yahoo. what happened with that?

acemobsoldier
09-30-2007, 07:14 PM
when i was watching it on yahoo, it said that ben had threw an INT at the 2 yard line, but that we tackled them and got a safety. it even updated as that on yahoo. what happened with that?

all i gotta say is no....................

no safety just a ****ing interception *smh*

bw87a
09-30-2007, 07:17 PM
whatever. i hate when yahoo ***ks with my head.
NOW they put the game on tv when we are down by a touchdown and arizona has the ball. screw that.

SteelDogFan
09-30-2007, 07:19 PM
hey guy's and gal's switch to the post-game thread, ok