PDA

View Full Version : Brady Quote

Cape Cod Steel Head
10-01-2005, 12:23 PM
Did anyone happen to catch the game of the week on the NFL channel? As Brady was walking off the field with Seymour he says " Man I hate this place" Can you blame him. Every time they play here the lose a key player,in this case two players. This victory may have cost them their season,and thus we won't get our shot at redemption.

Koopa
10-01-2005, 12:33 PM
we won't get our shot at redemption until next season cause the colts will be knocking them out of the playoffs

Dirtywater
10-01-2005, 12:56 PM
:grin:

Ha! But you left off the end of the quote.

Brady: I hate this stadium
Seymour: Oh, no question
Brady: But, it's a great team

Livinginthe past
10-01-2005, 12:59 PM
Thats a nice snippet of news capecod - im sure thats the first time I have heard reference to it on this board - good find.

Oh, one factual error - we actually lost 3 players that night.

Cheers

NM

Va_steeler
10-01-2005, 12:59 PM
I have to give that 1 to Dirty............thats what was said. Was a good hard game for both teams. Major loss for the pats!

Livinginthe past
10-01-2005, 01:01 PM
we won't get our shot at redemption until next season cause the colts will be knocking them out of the playoffs

Hey KK,

Im pretty sure you have posted this prediction in nearly every thread since the game finished - how come you're so sure the Colts got our number this year?

I'd be interested to hear your analysis of how Peyton is going to overcome the Pats.

Not saying it cant happen, but i'd just like your take on how you think it might come about.

Cheers

NM

Koopa
10-01-2005, 01:36 PM
don't worry about it, i don't have to explain my self, i'm watching ut and don't feel like writing a novel like you do all the time so i'll just say, just wait and see mayne

Cape Cod Steel Head
10-01-2005, 01:36 PM
Thats a nice snippet of news capecod - im sure thats the first time I have heard reference to it on this board - good find.

Oh, one factual error - we actually lost 3 players that night.

Cheers

NM
Yeah,I wasnt sure if Faulk was injured during the game,or in practice because it didn't surface till late in the week. And I thought he was in there on your last drive.

Livinginthe past
10-01-2005, 01:39 PM
Yeah,I wasnt sure if Faulk was injured during the game,or in practice because it didn't surface till late in the week. And I thought he was in there on your last drive.

You are pretty much right - he got injured on that last drive - as usual BB managed to keep it under wraps until mid-week.

Cheers

NM

Livinginthe past
10-01-2005, 01:42 PM
don't worry about it, i don't have to explain my self, i'm watching ut and don't feel like writing a novel like you do all the time so i'll just say, just wait and see mayne

I see.

I just thought you had a reason for saying it all the time - as its a football forum a little football analysis wouldnt be bad thing.

Cheers

NM

Koopa
10-01-2005, 01:46 PM
well i'll write a novel like you like to do later, i'm watching ut

SteelCityMan786
10-01-2005, 01:53 PM
Did anyone happen to catch the game of the week on the NFL channel? As Brady was walking off the field with Seymour he says " Man I hate this place" Can you blame him. Every time they play here the lose a key player,in this case two players. This victory may have cost them their season,and thus we won't get our shot at redemption.

DAMN IT! I was looking forward to a rematch. All my friends at school gave a hard time. All of which were DORKGLES(Eagles) Fans. We'd just have a reverse of last year. We lose regular season and then we take the playoffs.

Soldier4Steelers
10-01-2005, 01:56 PM
with how injury prone the pats are the last few seasons, their first 9 weeks sure dont help. i think every team they play minus the raiders who even put up a legit fight will be playoff teams in their first 9 games. hopefuly the pats can heal in the last leg of their schedual to make a healthy run at the playoffs cause i would rather have to play the pats in the afcc game then the colts. week 10-17 for the pats is like the bengals first half.

tony hipchest
10-01-2005, 02:10 PM
:grin:

Ha! But you left off the end of the quote.

Brady: I hate this stadium
Seymour: Oh, no question
Brady: But, it's a great team
actually the same clip was in inside the nfl and i think brady said "great team though" i just assumed he was talking about himself :grin: j/k one thing though.... if a steelerfan says they hate tom brady they are a "hater" or " sore loser" or "whiners" but if brady says he hates the stadium (whitch i assume means the players and fans in it too) its cute? why cant steelerfans say they hate the patriots or rodney harrison etc. without patfans getting all bent out of shape. just cause redsox fans love the yankees doesnt mean steelerfans hold no anomosity towards the pats.

note to living in the past: in no way am i insinuating ALL steelerfans hate anyone or that all redsox fans love the yankees. its just a general term. kind of like when one says republicans support george bush, im sure theres a registered republican out there that doesnt.

Va_steeler
10-01-2005, 02:55 PM
Again you are talking about the all mighty patriots ! How many times do I need to say it, They think they are superior and someone owes them something. As far as I'm conserned :flipoff: Tom Brady and the patriots. The only reason he said "there a good team" was to cover up the "I hate this stadium" comment for the cameras. Tired of hearing about em they are punks!

Livinginthe past
10-01-2005, 03:14 PM
well i'll write a novel like you like to do later, i'm watching ut

Hey Koopa,

Im pretty excited thinking about this novel you are going to write for us on the reasons why the Colts are definitely going to beat the Pats.

Cheers

NM

tony hipchest
10-01-2005, 03:27 PM
Hey Koopa,

Im pretty excited thinking about this novel you are going to write for us on the reasons why the Colts are definitely going to beat the Pats.

Cheers

NM
why wont the colts beat the pats? because of the past? why does everyone owe you an answer? if i knew the outcome of every game i would have a suite in a highrise in vegas but this is what the colts have going for them: a defense, a strong running game, one of the leagues best passers in years, experience and solidity. current weaknesses of the pats that give the colts a shot: no bruschi, johnson, law, harrison etc. running game isnt as strong as last year. all pressure is on the pats. overconfidence based on the past???? now im not saying this is a guaranteed win for the colts but by no means is it a bye week for the patriots just because what has happened in the past. cant someone make a prediction on gut feeling without being in debt to you with an answer why? get over yourself.

Livinginthe past
10-01-2005, 03:36 PM
why wont the colts beat the pats? because of the past? why does everyone owe you an answer? if i knew the outcome of every game i would have a suite in a highrise in vegas but this is what the colts have going for them: a defense, a strong running game, one of the leagues best passers in years, experience and solidity. current weaknesses of the pats that give the colts a shot: no bruschi, johnson, law, harrison etc. running game isnt as strong as last year. all pressure is on the pats. overconfidence based on the past???? now im not saying this is a guaranteed win for the colts but by no means is it a bye week for the patriots just because what has happened in the past. cant someone make a prediction on gut feeling without being in debt to you with an answer why? get over yourself.

Hey Tony,

Why are you getting so irate?

Last time I looked this was a football forum - where we talk about football.

King Koopa has repeatedly contended that the Colts are going to beat the Pats in the playoffs this year, and I was curious as to why he was so sure.

Everytime I address a post to someone, a different poster jumps in and begins an abusive tirade about how arrogant/ignorant/classless I am.

To be quite honest, its getting a little bit boring - I asked Koopa a question and he says he is going to give me his thoughts when he has a little more time - this is fine with me.

Nobody 'owes' me an answer - but i'd like to think posters at least had some idea why they chose to make a prediction - if Koopa says 'its just a gut instinct' then thats fine with me too.

Cheers

NM

tony hipchest
10-01-2005, 04:01 PM
Hey Tony,

Why are you getting so irate?

Last time I looked this was a football forum - where we talk about football.

King Koopa has repeatedly contended that the Colts are going to beat the Pats in the playoffs this year, and I was curious as to why he was so sure.

Everytime I address a post to someone, a different poster jumps in and begins an abusive tirade about how arrogant/ignorant/classless I am.

To be quite honest, its getting a little bit boring - I asked Koopa a question and he says he is going to give me his thoughts when he has a little more time - this is fine with me.

Nobody 'owes' me an answer - but i'd like to think posters at least had some idea why they chose to make a prediction - if Koopa says 'its just a gut instinct' then thats fine with me too.

Cheers

NM

not irate. i too would prefer to keep it to football talk. king koopa contends it will be the colts who will come out #2. thats fine. let it be what it is. an opinionated statement. goading someone into an argument seems to stray from the football talk forum. maybe he does have a reason the colts will come out on top, maybe its just an instinct. i dont know, but none of us are professional tv analists and ultimately it is someone offering up their opinion. i would love to read some football analysis on your part rather than you just questionning everybody elses feelings, opinions etc. you seem intelligent enough to do so.

as for this statement:
"Everytime I address a post to someone, a different poster jumps in and begins an abusive tirade about how arrogant/ignorant/classless I am."
my heart trully bleeds :grin: please keep in mind you are a pat fan on a steeler board and i bet steeler fans with an attitude that the steelers are better than the pats because they have 4 rings would be treated just the same. lets keep all things in perspective. we all know you are better than us all. no need to constantly rub it in. cause while you are in heaven with tom brady we will all be rotting in hell. :smile:

tony hipchest
10-01-2005, 04:05 PM
by the way living... i like how my take on what the colts might have going for thim was spun into me being "irate". good job. it was just some simple fb analysis that i already contend isnt gospel. no need to be so defensive. i havent called you any names or been abusive in any way. pretty much just trying to talk football with the fan of a rival team. you seem to have thick skin. hang in there. im sure you can shake off any abusive posts directed against you.

Koopa
10-01-2005, 04:07 PM

damn if i would've saw this post i wouldn't have started a thread in the blast furnace explaining myself, i would've just co-signed everything you said there

Livinginthe past
10-01-2005, 04:49 PM
by the way living... i like how my take on what the colts might have going for thim was spun into me being "irate". good job. it was just some simple fb analysis that i already contend isnt gospel. no need to be so defensive. i havent called you any names or been abusive in any way. pretty much just trying to talk football with the fan of a rival team. you seem to have thick skin. hang in there. im sure you can shake off any abusive posts directed against you.

Well Tony,

I appreciate your effort to give me a few reasons on why you think the Colts will win, that was what I was after in the first place.

The Pats, Colts and Steelers will contend for the AFC title this year so it makes sense we have some posts on the various match-ups within the 3 teams.

You think the Colts D is for real this year?

Maybe Simon can help shore up the run D for them and Freeney is having a great season already.

Personally, i thinkl we will find out over the next few weeks that the Colts D is a fraud - but they seem to have an advantage on H.F.A due to their weak schedule.

Its quite a strange start for the Colts Offense though - no blow-outs against some weak opposition and Manning has been almost totally reliant on the Edge to put the points on the board.

Seems that teams have adopted the Patriots mode of defense by dropping alot of people into coverage and making Manning pass over or through the DB's.

I also think we have now succesfully 'got into mannings head' in a big way - I have never seen him wracked with so much self doubt as in last years playoff game - he was scared to make a mistake and ended up freezing.

Anyway im sure we are in for some huge match ups this year - I think i would probably prefer the Colts over the Steelers - you have actually managed to beat us.

Cheers

NM

slashsteel
10-01-2005, 06:09 PM

A 5 star response if I ever saw one. See in every one of living's posts you will see one constant. As I said before he will either be spewing off at the mouth of how great his team is, or he will try to impress us all with his infinite wisdom.

Calling out koopa prodding him to answer, livingwithmommie is gonna show us that he has a top shelf IQ!

Steeler posters actually like to talk about Steeler football without being challenged every other post on every little comment that they type.

And to say the colts D is a fraud. I guess Jacksonville's offense is a joke too right? They shut them down, and with some offseason additions are clearly a improved team defensively. Even if this patriot fan is in denial can't come to terms that there actually might be another team out there as good as theirs.

I can't wait for your reaction towards the end of the year when you realize that your team isn't capable of going all the way. I am sure you will blame the injuries then.

I haven't seen one Steeler poster that is overjoyed with your 'debates". Maybe it's because they see you for the picture you clearly paint of yourself.

A boy desperate to always prove his or his team's greatness.

It's ok livingwithmommie as Koopa might say, we got they dilli yo on you mayne. :bouncy:

tony hipchest
10-01-2005, 10:16 PM
"You think the Colts D is for real this year?"

i have to. their record and points allowed speaks for itself. many said the steelers were a fluke last year heading into the games with pats and eagles based on their "weak opponents" i think the strength of schedule is overrated, especially in a league where any team can beat anyone on any given week. (see the dolphins and 49ers in week 1 and titans in week 2)

are they as good as their record and p.a. would suggest? probably not but to call them a fluke is a little extreme. i give tony dungy a little more credit than that. he knows what his teams weaknesses are and has done quite a bit in recent drafts and working within the salary cap to fix it. i would say he knows defense more than brian billick (the genius) knows offense. will they have a tuff road ahead? yes. but so do the steelers, pats, chargers, etc. anyone who makes it to the superbowl for the afc is gonna have to dogfight their way through and i dont think their really is an easy schedule. that frame of thought is what has bitten the almighty ravens in the ass so far. i will agree that the pats made manning look like roethlisberger in the playoffs but they have only faced eachother in the playoffs twice. farve went through the same things with the cowboys before he broke through.

edge running the ball and being the scoring threat is a good thing and that d has alot of upside when the offense starts putting up some more points. the patriots better approach any games they face with this team like the steelers will. steelers dont have no history with the colts and you can bet that cowher will instill the fear of losing into his players. the colts will not be overlooked on our side. i think if the pats rest on their laurels and what has happened in the past they could be in for a rude awakenning. every game is a mindset, and executing what has been prepared to do. the afc is definitely providing alot of playoff calibur games for us to watch this season.

going into this year i figured there were 3 people the pats couldnt afford to lose. brady, dillon and harrison. just like the colts cant afford to lose manning. i still think the steelers are one of the deepest teams in the nfl (although i have had my fill of maddox). who gets beat up the most could dictate whether a team like the bengals can ruin everyones aspirations.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-02-2005, 12:28 AM
Just to add to this colts thing..if there ever was a year that colts could reasonably do it, beat the pats, it could be this year,..their defense is worlds ahead of where they were last year..they are still vulnerable in the secondary though, so we'll see.

clevestinks
10-02-2005, 06:37 AM
Soon all threads will be moved to the Blast Furnace.

Livinginthe past
10-02-2005, 06:43 AM
I thought it might be fairly safe to have a discussion on one of our mutual rivals - the Colts.

But then I got chewed out for that aswell - another example of my arrogance no doubt.

Im going try and keep the talk football related from now on - the last couple of days havent done anybody any favors, ill hold my hand up to my part in it even though I think my initial point was valid.

What are your thoughts on the Colts this year Cleve, and their reversal of fortunes for their 'O' and 'D'?

Cheers

NM

clevestinks
10-02-2005, 07:09 AM
Maybe its just me. But I am not as impressed with thier defense as everyone else is. I think that they have improved. But have yet to be really tested. I may be wrong.

Now thier offense is a different story. I watched them a little during the brownie game last week. Thier play calling was terrible. manning with 3rd and goal from the 8, and Thee almighty Manning calls a run play???? I`m not sure where thier plays are called from, Manning, the sidelines, or upstairs. But they are definitley not in sync. Or maybe its just a Tony Dungy curse, he can`t have both a great offense, and defense? I wouldn`t be a bit surprised to here that Manning has some type of injury.

slashsteel
10-02-2005, 10:54 AM
I thought it might be fairly safe to have a discussion on one of our mutual rivals - the Colts.

But then I got chewed out for that aswell - another example of my arrogance no doubt.

Said the pot to the kettle. Crying like a b!tch nice.

Im going try and keep the talk football related from now on - the last couple of days havent done anybody any favors, ill hold my hand up to my part in it even though I think my initial point was valid.

You think every opinion is valid, get overyourself.

And hold that hand up high, and as far as your word goes you might as well whipe your a$$ with it. Because in no time you will be your regular arrogant know it all self. We shall see.

ngreene15
10-02-2005, 11:21 PM
Hey KK,

Im pretty sure you have posted this prediction in nearly every thread since the game finished - how come you're so sure the Colts got our number this year?

I'd be interested to hear your analysis of how Peyton is going to overcome the Pats.

Not saying it cant happen, but i'd just like your take on how you think it might come about.

Cheers

NM

I'm not sure if anyone would have an analysis on how the Colts will beat the Pats. I think it's just more of everyone wanting to see the Colts beat the Pats.

Koopa
10-02-2005, 11:24 PM
I'm not sure if anyone would have an analysis on how the Colts will beat the Pats. I think it's just more of everyone wanting to see the Colts beat the Pats.

and that's something he can't figure out, that's why i had to just type up a bunch of bullshit so he could stop asking me to explain

CowherLover
10-03-2005, 07:59 AM
Maybe its just me. But I am not as impressed with thier defense as everyone else is. I think that they have improved. But have yet to be really tested. I may be wrong.

Now thier offense is a different story. I watched them a little during the brownie game last week. Thier play calling was terrible. manning with 3rd and goal from the 8, and Thee almighty Manning calls a run play???? I`m not sure where thier plays are called from, Manning, the sidelines, or upstairs. But they are definitley not in sync. Or maybe its just a Tony Dungy curse, he can`t have both a great offense, and defense? I wouldn`t be a bit surprised to here that Manning has some type of injury.
I was thinking the exact sam thing Cleve. Nothing else makes sense with their offense only scoring like they have. You'd think that Manning would come out this year with guns a blazin after last year. I know every coach tries to keep injuries as quiet as possible but I expect to hear about an injury at some point too.