PDA

View Full Version : Andre Frazier is back

jjpro11
09-19-2007, 06:09 PM
well that didnt take long. frazier was always pretty good on special teams.

Steelers | Frazier claimed
Wed, 19 Sep 2007 15:00:39 -0700

The Pittsburgh Steelers have announced they have claimed LB Andre Frazier (Bengals) off waivers.

Steelers | Cooper waived
Wed, 19 Sep 2007 15:01:55 -0700

The Pittsburgh Steelers have announced they have waived LB Marquis Cooper.

stillers4me
09-19-2007, 06:12 PM
I bet he's relieved to get out of the Bengals locker room............. :sofunny:

onthebus36
09-19-2007, 06:41 PM
I bet he's relieved to get out of the Bengals locker room............. :sofunny:

I don't know... I bet you can pick up a "used" car stereo pretty cheap in that locker room. :wink02:

Preacher
09-19-2007, 06:49 PM
I don't know... I bet you can pick up a "used" car stereo pretty cheap in that locker room. :wink02:

Sadly, that is one of the few things you can pick up in that locker room....
....... That won't disappear with a penicillin shot.

NateC
09-19-2007, 07:21 PM
Hmmm is he being signed to Practice Squad do you think? or the 53 man Roster needs to make room for him.... bye bye Dan Krieder??? I will be Not happy if thats the Case.:banging:

Never mind.... bye bye Marques Cooper. Never Knew you so I refuse to Miss you.

Hines86Ward
09-19-2007, 10:47 PM
I'm glad Frazier is back. He was always in or around the tackle on kickoffs/punt returns & he had a presence on special teams. Not a household name, but a guy who can do what's asked....

nicesteel4life
09-20-2007, 02:29 AM
Nice! I thought he had good upside. Now my autographed photo of him can be hung up on the wall again!

Galax Steeler
09-20-2007, 04:52 AM
I wonder how much they signed him for leauge min?

Lord Stiller
09-20-2007, 09:02 AM
Great move IMO.

Frazier played very well for us our SB year (think he was injured in the Bengals playoff game)

He even looked good playing OLB that year when given the chance

Hines0wnz
09-20-2007, 01:28 PM
Sadly, that is one of the few things you can pick up in that locker room....
....... That won't disappear with a penicillin shot.

hahaha.......didnt expect such a zinger there. Nice. :cheers:

Stlrs4Life
09-20-2007, 08:56 PM
Great move IMO.

Frazier played very well for us our SB year (think he was injured in the Bengals playoff game)

He even looked good playing OLB that year when given the chance

He broke his leg in the AFC Championship game vs Denver. He wasn't the same in training camp 2006 when the Steelers cut him.

SteelCityMan786
09-20-2007, 08:58 PM

Who wouldn't? :sofunny:

The Duke
09-20-2007, 09:13 PM
Isn't Frazier the one that recently said he has his super bowl ring dusting on top of his refrigerator and saying it's all about the bengals now.

Just curious, I just don't like to have someone with that stupid attitude on the team

NV STEELERS 723
09-20-2007, 09:56 PM
hahaha.......didnt expect such a zinger there. Nice. :cheers:

Never mind about Frazier....HinesOwnez your sig is my screen saver !!!!!!!!!!!! too cool !!!!!!!!

OneForTheToe
09-21-2007, 02:21 AM
Isn't Frazier the one that recently said he has his super bowl ring dusting on top of his refrigerator and saying it's all about the bengals now.

Just curious, I just don't like to have someone with that stupid attitude on the team

Well, I don't know ....... I don't find that all that bothersome. When I guy goes to a new team, I respect the fact that they commit totaly to the new team. Otherwise, I'd be learey of any player who didn't commit %100 to their job, regardless of disfunctional the team they are presently on is. It's not like he threw the ring away, or lost its place, he knew exactly where it was.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-21-2007, 04:47 AM

I think it was just an excuse to not take an expensive piece of jewelry to the Bengals facility.......:sofunny::sofunny:

The Duke
09-21-2007, 07:49 AM
I think it was just an excuse to not take an expensive piece of jewelry to the Bengals facility.......:sofunny::sofunny:

lol, could be...

DACEB
09-21-2007, 09:22 AM
He broke his leg in the AFC Championship game vs Denver. He wasn't the same in training camp 2006 when the Steelers cut him.

Apparently none of the players were the same last year.:wink02:

If Coopers hami was'nt getting better then they had to make a move.

This move could serve a dual purpose. Obviously we help our STs and our LB depth, Cooper was undersized to be a viable backup. But also I believe one of Cincys LB went down this week (sorry can't remember the name) so this move also leaves them even thinner at LB.

jjpro11
09-21-2007, 12:21 PM
i bet they picked his brain trying to figure out lebeau's defense. :flap:

BlastFurnace
09-21-2007, 01:47 PM
i bet they picked his brain trying to figure out lebeau's defense. :flap:

Marvin Lewis was our LB coach during the same time period of when LeBeau was the DB coach when Capers was our DC. I'm sure that Lewis know's the system already.

Preacher
09-23-2007, 10:49 AM

I think that is an excellent way of going about it. Last year is last year, next year is next year... I wish the Steelers would have thought about that before they started playing last season!