PDA

View Full Version : Jooooonyuuur!! #88

tony hipchest
09-20-2007, 06:55 PM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/joooonyur.jpg

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/jooonyur2.jpg

the national guard sponsorship is brilliant. 30 minutes after all the 18-26 year olds (who had a few too many Budweisers) have a 2nd number 8 tatooed to their butt cheek or bicep, they can stroll over to the nearest recruiting office and sign up.

who knows, they may be so drunk they actually stumble into an army or marines recruiting office. :thumbsup:

the paint schemes are throwback and old school. quite a bit different than the more flashy ones of the 24 and 48. i sense a draw on the nostalgia factor and a reach out to old school fans with these schemes. the Amp and Mt Dew sponsorships coupled with dale will definitely reach the X- generation and the x-gamer culture mt dew has targeted.

i appreciate dale embracing the historical significance of the number along with the legends and champions that have driven it before him. to me, it shows he doesnt think he is bigger than the sport .

however, i was a little disappointed in the bland cars themselves. kind of boring and insignificant for a supposed superstar of the sport. it seems like something they would give to brian vickers while his teammates drives much cooler looking cars.

then again, jr. doesnt need all the flash and pizzaz and pretty colors to be considered "cool".

considering the old school, throwback approach, i think i like them. and jr. has always said he liked the white cars with the red numbers, so thats cool they incorporated that into his vision.

kasey kahne driving dales old colors and sponsor is what is really gonna be strange.

SteelCityMan786
09-20-2007, 07:46 PM
I figured he was just going to add another 8 since he can't keep number 8.

revefsreleets
09-23-2007, 03:54 PM
I think these things will become kind of cyclical.

TackleMeBen
09-24-2007, 09:00 AM
he will still be an overrated driver

steelerbackr4life
09-24-2007, 10:02 AM
Those guys dont impress me. Let them try driving on the GSP or NJT or mid town on a weekday morning now thats skill!

wadester47
09-24-2007, 10:15 AM
i agree the last person to drive the mt. dew brand car was darrel waltrip.....i think he is with a good team now- but still jimmy and jeff can possibly push him to be better.