PDA

View Full Version : Week4 Speads Bets

Livinginthe past
10-02-2005, 04:54 AM
This weeks money makers are:

COLTS (-7) @ Titans

Peyton to finally get his act together this week. The Titans are still a poor side and I expect the Edge to have 100+ Yds on the ground.

Eagles @ CHIEFS (-1.5)

The Chiefs are a tough team to beat at home. I really think you need a consistent running game to be successful at Arrowhead and as nice a player as Westbrook is nobody could confuse him for a power running back.

NY JETS (+7) @ Baltimore

My vote for the 'Ugliest game of the week' - both offenses are going to struggle and Brooks Bollinger is going to have a tough day at the office.

Having said that, we dont know for sure that Bollinger sucks - we cant say the same for Boller.

Baltimore to shade it - but 7 points is too much.

COWBOYS (+3) @ Raiders

Jordan hasnt been a great success in Oakland - possibly another overpaid bust from Al Davis.
Cowboys have enough strength on the D to negate Moss - he will doubled/trebled all day if the Oakland ground game doesn't get going.
Bledsoe's big weakness is getting away from the pass rush - luckily Oakland hasn't had one of those for a couple of years!

Those are the picks for the week - if anyone wants to take my tips I will charge only a small fee.

For the record, Living's spread bets stand at 8-4 on the year so far.

Cheers

NM

ps cant seem to alter the mis-typed Thread Title.

clevestinks
10-02-2005, 07:36 AM
I like the Colts -7. Manning will probably go gang busters today.

The Jets ????? The ravens suck, and the Jets arent much better. Give Vinnie a week more to get ready and they`ll be fine.

Cape Cod Steel Head
10-02-2005, 07:40 AM
This weeks money makers are:

COLTS (-7) @ Titans

Peyton to finally get his act together this week. The Titans are still a poor side and I expect the Edge to have 100+ Yds on the ground.

Eagles @ CHIEFS (-1.5)

The Chiefs are a tough team to beat at home. I really think you need a consistent running game to be successful at Arrowhead and as nice a player as Westbrook is nobody could confuse him for a power running back.

NY JETS (+7) @ Baltimore

My vote for the 'Ugliest game of the week' - both offenses are going to struggle and Brooks Bollinger is going to have a tough day at the office.

Having said that, we dont know for sure that Bollinger sucks - we cant say the same for Boller.

Baltimore to shade it - but 7 points is too much.

COWBOYS (+3) @ Raiders

Jordan hasnt been a great success in Oakland - possibly another overpaid bust from Al Davis.
Cowboys have enough strength on the D to negate Moss - he will doubled/trebled all day if the Oakland ground game doesn't get going.
Bledsoe's big weakness is getting away from the pass rush - luckily Oakland hasn't had one of those for a couple of years!

Those are the picks for the week - if anyone wants to take my tips I will charge only a small fee.

For the record, Living's spread bets stand at 8-4 on the year so far.

Cheers

NM

ps cant seem to alter the mis-typed Thread Title.
You failed to mention this weeks sure thing. The Chargers Getting 5.5 They won't even need the points

Livinginthe past
10-02-2005, 09:24 AM
You failed to mention this weeks sure thing. The Chargers Getting 5.5 They won't even need the points

Alot of people must agree with you - the e-bookies I lay my bets with now has the Chargers at only +4.5 on the spread.

I dont think the Chargers have got the coaching or the bottle to come into Foxboro take the win - they do have some very capable players though.

Cheers

NM

tony hipchest
10-02-2005, 10:52 AM
jets +7 is probably the safest bet. hell there may not even 13 points scored in this game. i wonder what the over under is? 20????????

Livinginthe past
10-02-2005, 11:21 AM
The over/under is 31.5 - I can't see anything like a 20-10 scoreline happening so the under is probably a good bet.

Cheers

NM

slashsteel
10-02-2005, 11:22 AM
I dont think the Chargers have got the coaching or the bottle to come into Foxboro take the win - they do have some very capable players though.

Chargers coaching staff is solid, and last year they had a decent year. They have a three headed monster ( Brees,LT,Gates) that can go in anywhere and get a win. And with a injury riddled team the patsiepuffs are primed for the taking. Hard to beat the pats at home, but if there ever was a time, it's now....... The bottle huh never heard it used in this manner before, you made that up all by yourself didn't you? ;)

Cape Cod Steel Head
10-02-2005, 04:49 PM
Easy Money!

tony hipchest
10-02-2005, 10:18 PM
jets +7 is probably the safest bet. hell there may not even 13 points scored in this game. i wonder what the over under is? 20????????
i guess i underestimated the ravens ability to score more than 13 pts. but in the case of this game i wouldve taken the under to hedge my bets.31.5 was an excellent under to bet in this game. sucks to see the ratbirds win.