PDA

View Full Version : Another "Darwin Award" Nominee

fansince'76
09-21-2007, 02:40 PM
Looks like MIT's standards have dropped precipitously if they're admitting idiots like this nowadays. :dang:

MIT student arrested with fake bomb

By GLEN JOHNSON, Associated Press Writer

BOSTON - An MIT student wearing what turned out to be a fake bomb was arrested at gunpoint Friday at Logan International Airport and later claimed it was artwork, officials said.

Star Simpson, 19, had a computer circuit board and wiring in plain view over a black hooded sweatshirt she was wearing, said State Police Maj. Scott Pare, the commanding officer at the airport.

"She said that it was a piece of art and she wanted to stand out on career day," Pare said at a news conference. "She claims that it was just art, and that she was proud of the art and she wanted to display it."

Simpson was charged with disturbing the peace and possessing a hoax device. A not guilty plea was entered for her and she was released on $750 bail.

MIT student arrested with fake bomb (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070921/ap_on_re_us/fake_bomb)

Livinginthe past
09-21-2007, 03:59 PM
Any relation to Homer?

Being part of the 'arrested at gunpoint' experience will probably be the main feature of her coursework!

Indy_Steelers
09-21-2007, 05:28 PM
I am surprised that she did not spend 30 days in jail. Art my but. It was a stupid immature prank.

Polamalu Princess
09-21-2007, 07:46 PM
You have to wonder how people can be THAT stupid, especially with what is going on in our world. She could have ended up shot or even worse - dead. Holy Cow!!!!

MasterOfPuppets
09-21-2007, 08:24 PM
You have to wonder how people can be THAT stupid, especially with what is going on in our world. She could have ended up shot or even worse - dead. Holy Cow!!!! i guess i better rethink the unibomber costume for halloween.....:scratchchin:

83-Steelers-43
09-21-2007, 09:19 PM
And if one of those cops blew out the back of her skull, you would have her family and certain groups screaming up a storm and throwing out lawsuits.....

MORON. :coffee:

tony hipchest
09-21-2007, 09:28 PM
i guess i better rethink the unibomber costume for halloween.....:scratchchin:

ehhh, i wouldnt sweat it. just tell them youre bill belichick. thats sure to get you off the hook with any authority figures....

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/unabomber.gif

MasterOfPuppets
09-21-2007, 09:32 PM
ehhh, i wouldnt sweat it. just tell them youre bill belichick. thats sure to get you off the hook with any authority figures....

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/unabomber.gif
should i go with the fake TNT or surviellence equipment ?:huh:

Polamalu Princess
09-21-2007, 09:34 PM
i guess i better rethink the unibomber costume for halloween.....:scratchchin:

Yes, I agree!!! Rethink that and go as POLAMALU!!!!!!

tony hipchest
09-21-2007, 09:42 PM
should i go with the fake TNT or surviellence equipment ?:huh:just go with a large manilla envelope with fake tnt inside. if anyone asks, you can just say youre mailing off more "spygate" tapes and notes to the nfl offices.:wink02: :cheers:

Polamalu Princess
09-21-2007, 10:01 PM
And if one of those cops blew out the back of her skull, you would have her family and certain groups screaming up a storm and throwing out lawsuits.....

MORON. :coffee:

WOW!!! How true. Dead on!!

PS - Tom (my DH LOVES you!!!):hug::smile::cheers:

Renne'