PDA

View Full Version : This Week in the AFC North

Zombo
10-02-2005, 10:35 AM
Hello, Stiller fans, I am The Great Zomboni, world famous for correctly prognosticating the AFC Central, now AFC North, for years on AOL and www.thebrownsboard.com

Since the Browns Board has joined the NFLSA alliance, we will now bring my insightful picks to your board, free of charge. Wake the kids, call your bookie ... The Great Zomboni is here.

This week, with the Browns and Steelers on their byes, the AFC North is reduced to the two wannabe Browns franchises.

Cincitucky wanted to be the Browns so much they brought in Paul Brown himself (and his brilliant offspring) to model a franchise like ours right down to the orange helmets (stripes were added later to sell it to the kids). Funny though, I don't remember Paul Brown going 15 years without a winning season in Cleveland. In fact, no Browns team has ever gone more than four years without winning. This week's Bungle fan joke was sent in by 4-year old Hannah: You might be a Kentucky Bungle fan if ... you mow your lawn and you find your car.

The Baltimorons so wanted to be the Browns that they stole the franchise: lock, stock and backstabbing owner. But they forgot the name, the colors and the history. The NFL kept those in Cleveland and after the Old Browns won a championship for Baltimore, things are back to where the city left off with the old Colts: last place and wishing they were Cleveland

Houston at Cincinnati 1 PM
Bungle fans are a bit giddy with their wins over the re-building Browns, slumping Vikes and ferocious Bears. And this week they get the Houston Texmess. Who Dey? Dey suck and are in total disarray. But they'll probably still give the Bungles a tussle since they've had two weeks to prepare. The Bungles will hold on to go 4-0, which will make the annual fall to 8-8 even more enjoyable. BUNGLES 21 TEXMESS 20

NY Jets at Baltimore 4:05 PM
Boy things are deteriorating fast with these two clubs. This looked like a marquis matchup between two playoff contenders before the season, now it's the juggernaut matchup of Anthony Wright's 0-2 Ravens versus Brooks Bollinger's 1-2 Jets. And someone has to win! Both teams can play D, so don't expect the scoreboard to light up in this one. I hate to pick the Ravens AND Bungles to win ... but the Ravens are home against a QB making his 1st start, so it's hard to imagine them losing. But Herman Edwards and Curtis Martin and the gang make it interesting. RAVENS 13 JETS 12

Zombo

BlitzburghRockCity
10-02-2005, 11:57 AM
The Bungles will hold on to go 4-0, which will make the annual fall to 8-8 even more enjoyable. BUNGLES 21 TEXMESS 20

:rofl: :rofl: Thats awesome !!!

slashsteel
10-02-2005, 12:06 PM
Well with the powderpuff early first half schedule the bung-holes are setting themselves up for thinking they are better than what they are. I agree with the articles humor, it is a few weeks until they come crashing back to reality.....

Ambridge
10-02-2005, 12:07 PM
:rofl: :rofl: Thats awesome !!!

Yeah! That is pretty funny. :yep:

Another "Sitting Duck" victory against the Texans this week will make Cincinnati the most over-rated team in the AFC going into week 5.

slashsteel
10-02-2005, 12:12 PM
I have never got the Stillers label though. No matter what board or site I go too. How did Steelers end up with a I in it? I will never call our team that....... Is that a Cope thing ? ?

Ambridge
10-02-2005, 12:15 PM
I have never got the Stillers label though. No matter what board or site I go too. How did Steelers end up with a I in it? I will never call our team that....... Is that a Cope thing ? ?

The "I" in "Stillers" is "Pittsburgh-ese".
It's the native slang.

Cape Cod Steel Head
10-02-2005, 12:16 PM
It's a Pittsburgh thing. Its quite a unique accent

slashsteel
10-02-2005, 12:27 PM
I figured it was the native slang. I prefer the Steelers usage though. But to each and its own. Any other slang expressions related to us that anyone can think of ? ?

SteelCityMan786
10-02-2005, 12:32 PM
The Bengals will start plunging. 3-13They'll lose 41-10 to Houston

CantStop85
10-02-2005, 07:35 PM
Hello, Stiller fans, I am The Great Zomboni, world famous for correctly prognosticating the AFC Central, now AFC North, for years on AOL and www.thebrownsboard.com

Since the Browns Board has joined the NFLSA alliance, we will now bring my insightful picks to your board, free of charge. Wake the kids, call your bookie ... The Great Zomboni is here.

This week, with the Browns and Steelers on their byes, the AFC North is reduced to the two wannabe Browns franchises.

Cincitucky wanted to be the Browns so much they brought in Paul Brown himself (and his brilliant offspring) to model a franchise like ours right down to the orange helmets (stripes were added later to sell it to the kids). Funny though, I don't remember Paul Brown going 15 years without a winning season in Cleveland. In fact, no Browns team has ever gone more than four years without winning. This week's Bungle fan joke was sent in by 4-year old Hannah: You might be a Kentucky Bungle fan if ... you mow your lawn and you find your car.

The Baltimorons so wanted to be the Browns that they stole the franchise: lock, stock and backstabbing owner. But they forgot the name, the colors and the history. The NFL kept those in Cleveland and after the Old Browns won a championship for Baltimore, things are back to where the city left off with the old Colts: last place and wishing they were Cleveland

Houston at Cincinnati 1 PM
Bungle fans are a bit giddy with their wins over the re-building Browns, slumping Vikes and ferocious Bears. And this week they get the Houston Texmess. Who Dey? Dey suck and are in total disarray. But they'll probably still give the Bungles a tussle since they've had two weeks to prepare. The Bungles will hold on to go 4-0, which will make the annual fall to 8-8 even more enjoyable. BUNGLES 21 TEXMESS 20

NY Jets at Baltimore 4:05 PM
Boy things are deteriorating fast with these two clubs. This looked like a marquis matchup between two playoff contenders before the season, now it's the juggernaut matchup of Anthony Wright's 0-2 Ravens versus Brooks Bollinger's 1-2 Jets. And someone has to win! Both teams can play D, so don't expect the scoreboard to light up in this one. I hate to pick the Ravens AND Bungles to win ... but the Ravens are home against a QB making his 1st start, so it's hard to imagine them losing. But Herman Edwards and Curtis Martin and the gang make it interesting. RAVENS 13 JETS 12

Zombo
Anyone else find it funny that he doesn't make a post until the Steelers are on a bye? Get your lips off of all these peoples' cheeks.

Koopa
10-02-2005, 07:44 PM
did you notice that he didn't join until today?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-02-2005, 10:03 PM
The "I" in "Stillers" is "Pittsburgh-ese".
It's the native slang.

Yep, most places you to in Pittsburgh you can tell the tourists from the locals by how they say the word Steelers or Stillers ... Cowher or Carher