PDA

View Full Version : Its A Crime!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
09-22-2007, 11:56 PM
Why Coach Dick LeBeau hasn't been enshrined in Canton, Ohio yet.......This just boggles my mind.....Prior to entering the coaching ranks, LeBeau produced an outstanding pro career as a player from which he still holds the NFL all-time record of 171 consecutive games played for a cornerback and currently is tied for seventh all-time in the NFL with 62 career interceptions. His 9 INTs led the NFC in 1970 and he also appeared in 3 Pro Bowls....I think his merits alone as a player should get him in...

But the impact he had on the NFL as a defensive coordinator was huge in my mind......He is the architect of the "zone blitz"....Which teams have copied now for many years.....Its just crazy to me after 48 years of NFL service he isn't in the Hall of Fame...He only failed as a HC, and that was with the Bengals when, they were one of the worst teams in all of sports...Hard to blame him for that mess....

I just hope the damn Hall voters wake up and vote The Wizard in were he belongs...He is one of the true great defensiveminds in NFL history and has impacted the game of Pro Football on the defensive side like Bill Walsh did for the offensive side.....

ShutDown24
09-23-2007, 12:15 AM
I would assume it is because you have to be out of the game for 5 years before you can be enshrined? I think that applies as both a player and a coach. (I am not sure though)

Fire Tomlin
09-23-2007, 12:36 AM
I would assume it is because you have to be out of the game for 5 years before you can be enshrined? I think that applies as both a player and a coach. (I am not sure though)

You are correct

Steeler in Carolina
09-23-2007, 04:12 PM
He could be enshrined as a player and still be coaching. His stats as a player merits being in the Hall.

Steeler in Carolina
09-23-2007, 04:15 PM
Also, you don't have to be out 5 years as a coach. I don't know if you have to be retired or not, but Shula retired in 95 and was elected in 97

Haiku_Dirtt
09-23-2007, 06:28 PM
The scales of justice have yet to weigh in on the Godfather... I hope. :bowdown: to LeBeau.

NV STEELERS 723
09-23-2007, 07:21 PM
You are correct

your s/c has to go away.