PDA

View Full Version : New Questions about the OL

I.C. Lights
10-02-2005, 04:59 PM
I didn't get to watch the whole NE/SD game, but I noticed that the SDOL was completely dominant, and it made me wonder why our OL was so anemic against a team that was manhandled today. Should we chalk this up to "any given Sunday," increased time for Chargers to explore mismatches after the recent pats injuries, or do we have a problem?

Koopa
10-02-2005, 05:33 PM
i think our line just didn't step up, they played down to the pats level and not their own.

rowedf
10-03-2005, 11:29 AM
Gotta give the Pats some credit too, their front 4 came out ready to play and our OL did not....we just got beat in the trenches on that night, but I do not think its a reason to be overly concerned.

ironcitychef
10-03-2005, 12:36 PM
I am glad we got a bye after laast weeks game cause even though the Pats confused our line and at times out muscled them, we both looked spent at the end of the game. Giving NE a week for SD sure didn't bring them back to 100%. Hope we are ready.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-03-2005, 03:38 PM
our o-line will be ready to work again next week. it is good that we had a bye this week so they could see the problems they are having and correct them early in the year. Ben needs more tme to throw, and willie needs a few more seconds to make his move so he can break the long ones. And it the defense is is too agressive we can let duce and the bus crash into them for awhile tiring them out.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-03-2005, 06:22 PM
Yeah we gotta credit the pats for executing what they felt they needed to do to get a push up front with their DL. they played well. Fanceca talked about it, that they didnt do anything really that out of character or anything that we hadnt seen on film, we just didnt get it done and couldnt get a hat on a hat to be effective like usual.

I'd chalk it up to a good day by the pats front 7 and bad day at the office for our OL>

Black-n-Gold
10-03-2005, 10:27 PM
I've decided not to make any judgements untill after this game due to the fact that we did play the super bowl champs. They were a hard team and we played sloppy, but I still have the utmost confidence in every aspect of the Steelers. We'll be back on track and ready for SD, will they be prepared to encounter the greatness on monday night? we'll see..

I.C. Lights
10-05-2005, 10:46 PM
It will be interesting to see if having our power backs back opens things up more and makes for an easier day OLwise. I think it should have that effect.