PDA

View Full Version : Houston, we have a problem.

hardwork
10-02-2005, 06:01 PM
The Patriots have got do better in the red zone. They were weak there against the Steelers, and weak there again today. You can't get away with that with our current defense, and against a team as explosive as the Chargers.

Lots of work to do.

I.C. Lights
10-02-2005, 06:08 PM
Well, having significant injuries in your secondary and DL will definitely have that effect. Is anyone expected to return soon? If so, I wouldn't worry. If not, you might have to play shoot-out style, which, with Brady, should get the Pats pretty far anyway.

I.C. Lights
10-02-2005, 06:13 PM
Oops, just realized you were concerned about red zone offense. Thought you were concerned about red zone defense....I wouldn't worry about the offense. You have Tom Brady.

Cape Cod Steel Head
10-02-2005, 06:50 PM
You win championships with defense. I don't think that you can find anyone who plays like Rodney, and couple that what you've lost in the off season I dont think your defense can rebound. They need to stop the run, and their secondary is more depleted this year than it was last year. With your scheudle I wish you the best of Luck!

hardwork
10-02-2005, 06:55 PM
A few things IC.

You may have misunderstood me a little. I was referring to our offense being weak in the red zone. We've been down there too many times in the last couple of games, and come away with only 3 points, or no points at all.

Now some of this is the fact that Notre Dame has the best play caller in football, so we don't any more. And some of this is the fact that the offense isn't practicing well this year.

Anyway, Brady knows all this, and he'll do his best to rally the troops.

On defense, yes we have injuries, but you have to go with what you have. This is football, guys get hurt. The only thing we can hope for is that these guys get better as the season goes on.

hardwork
10-02-2005, 07:06 PM
Oh, ok, I see you caught that IC.

CapeCod, I agree, you can't lose guys like Harrison, and Bruschi, and expect to play without being effected. But, you know, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Livinginthe past
10-03-2005, 02:20 PM
Red Zone D and O has been below par this year - its true we are experiencing a few teething problems with some of our playcalling at times, but hopefully this is something that will improve as the season progresses.

I am hoping the Chargers game will be the short sharp shock to the system that we needed - overall I think our O has been merely average - and our D well below par - but I am pretty confident that between Mangini and BB we can cook up some schemes to offset our apparent weaknesses.

Its a known fact that BB gathers alot of information during the season and that the Pats are at their peak approaching the off-season - with the AFc East looking a little shell shocked I am thinking that a 10-6 season could be enough to clinch a play-off berth.

Again, props to the Chargers - they were merciless in the second half.

Cheers

NM

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-03-2005, 03:32 PM
Patriots are not the same team they were the last few years
I think there going to struggle the first part of the season, in some cases pretty badly. However, when you consider the division they are in, this will not hurt them. I figure the pats will work out their problems along the way. I just hope Bruschi doesnt try to come back this year because of how bad the pats are doing right now.
As far a a 3peat......i dont see it happening, too many holes on their team right now

Suitanim
10-03-2005, 08:01 PM
The Patriots have got do better in the red zone. They were weak there against the Steelers, and weak there again today. You can't get away with that with our current defense, and against a team as explosive as the Chargers.

Lots of work to do.

The first step in fixing the problem is admitting that you have a problem...

Congratulations, hardwork...with a few years of solid drafting and a couple FA pick-up's, your Pats may yet again attain the glory that you and your ilk have grown accustomed to...in the meantime, try not poison too many others on your way down...

slashsteel
10-10-2005, 03:07 PM
LMFAO Just read your post suit. It is nice to see patsie puff fans humble. It is as it should be.

Suitanim
10-10-2005, 05:49 PM
LMFAO Just read your post suit. It is nice to see patsie puff fans humble. It is as it should be.

I don't have the problems you do with all Pats fans...just THIS particular Pats fan.