PDA

View Full Version : Wow. just wow.

Livinginthe past
09-23-2007, 02:39 PM
There is 2minutes left in the 1st half and the score is Eagles 42 Lions 21.

Im having an awesome FF day - Kitna and Westbrook are lighting it up.

I thought the Eagels would bounce back (and the Chargers!) but they have to be p*ssed at conceding 21 points at home in the 1st half!

Hines0wnz
09-23-2007, 04:07 PM
I'm glad I'm not going up against McNabb in my league today.

Godfather
09-23-2007, 04:23 PM
I'm glad I'm not going up against McNabb in my league today.

I am. So he picks today to get his groove back :banging:

Steeler in Carolina
09-23-2007, 04:33 PM
That was a big fantasy day from Kevin Curtis, McNabb, and Westbrook.

Edman
09-23-2007, 04:34 PM
Well damn. Color me surprised. Mcnabb responds in a huge way after this troubling week for the Iggles.

stlrtruck
09-23-2007, 04:48 PM
I wonder if he'll make some stupid comment about black qb's this week?

revefsreleets
09-23-2007, 05:28 PM
The good news for me? I have McNabb on my fantasy roster. The bad news for me? I was mad at his lack of performance and benched him for Matt Shaub this week.

Ouch.

sixstringlass
09-24-2007, 05:52 AM
I wonder if he'll make some stupid comment about black qb's this week?

Don't know about that... but my money's on Rex Grossman getting the most criticism of any NFL QB tomorrow and the rest of the week.

:coffee:

Livinginthe past
09-24-2007, 02:09 PM
Don't know about that... but my money's on Rex Grossman getting the most criticism of any NFL QB tomorrow and the rest of the week.

:coffee:

I wonder how long the Rex Grossman experiment can last - surely the more talented, productive members of Bears are looking at Grossman as the single biggest hurdle between them and another SB appearance.

They have suffered after losing Thomas Jones to the Jets, their running game is unable to pick up the slack to cover the inaccurate, scattershot QB.

The Bears also made a hell of a lot of great ST plays last year - thats another thing that is difficult to maintain - once teams start paying special attention to finding ways to combat it.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-24-2007, 02:17 PM
I wonder how long the Rex Grossman experiment can last - surely the more talented, productive members of Bears are looking at Grossman as the single biggest hurdle between them and another SB appearance.

They have suffered after losing Thomas Jones to the Jets, their running game is unable to pick up the slack to cover the inaccurate, scattershot QB.

The Bears also made a hell of a lot of great ST plays last year - thats another thing that is difficult to maintain - once teams start paying special attention to finding ways to combat it.

I'm not a Grossman apologist...but Berian had two passes that hit him right in the hands.....If you are an NFL WR..and are still trying to cradle balls that bounce off your pads...???.....then you cant blame the QB.

That being said...Grossman is not the answer....He simply isnt big or strong enough to escape and scramble...Everytime a D-lineman breathed on him he was down. You dont have to have the strongest arm in the world to be a NFL QB...but you had BETTER be able to make some plays with your head if your short, small and slow.

Livinginthe past
09-24-2007, 02:21 PM
I'm not a Grossman apologist...but Berian had two passes that hit him right in the hands.....If you are an NFL WR..and are still trying to cradle balls that bounce off your pads...???.....then you cant blame the QB.

That being said...Grossman is not the answer....He simply isnt big or strong enough to escape and scramble...Everytime a D-lineman breathed on him he was down. You dont have to have the strongest arm in the world to be a NFL QB...but you had BETTER be able to make some plays with your head if your short, small and slow.

Sure he is not to blame for some of the passes that go to ground.

But his persistent fumbles and interceptions are killing a pretty decent Bears team.- I guess we are on the same page with that though.

fansince'76
09-24-2007, 02:23 PM
But his persistent fumbles and interceptions are killing a pretty decent Bears team.- I guess we are on the same page with that though.

I agree with both of you on that point. For God's sake, or for your job's sake, Lovie - at least think about giving Griese the next start?

Livinginthe past
09-24-2007, 02:34 PM
I agree with both of you on that point. For God's sake, or for your job's sake, Lovie - at least think about giving Griese the next start?

Definitely, its not even as if Grossman has displayed a sample of Kurt Warner greatness only for it too disappear.

Sometimes he has been decent, most of the time he has been flat out awful - he has no touch on his passes - everything is a rocket.

I wonder just how stubborn Lovie will be on this.

Atlanta Dan
09-24-2007, 02:49 PM
I wonder just how stubborn Lovie will be on this.

Very stubborn unless there is a veteran faction within the team that can persuade Lovie this cannot continue.

IMO the Bears are at the same stage with Grossman that the Steelers were with Kordell 3 games into the 2002 season when Maddox stepped in.

Like those Steelers, the Bears are built to win now, not 2-3 years down the road.

The Bears do not trust their QB and IMO some of the Chargers do not trust their new coaches (LT's post-game press comments were in a tone of someone who just watched the family dog get run over). Both teams have talent in mediocre divisions but both have real problems 3 games into the season.