PDA

View Full Version : Ward is fine

83-Steelers-43
09-24-2007, 01:08 PM
Steelers' Ward says he's fine; MRI shows no knee tears
Monday, September 24, 2007
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Hines Ward appeared to be fine today when he reported to the Steelers training facility late this morning. He walked without a limp and, in his own words, said he was "fine.''

"I'm trying to maintain,'' Ward said.

Ward was hit twice hard near the goal line on two incomplete passes in the third period of the Steelers 37-16 victory over San Francisco in Heinz Field yesterday.

On one, he took a helmet to the knee and eventually left the game for good. Coach Mike Tomlin said a preliminary diagnosis was a bone bruise and that appears to be precisely what Ward has. An MRI showed no tears in his knee.

It's still not determined whether Ward will play in Arizona Sunday.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07267/820163-66.stm

SCSTILLER
09-24-2007, 01:11 PM
Heard that earlier on ESPN radio and breathed a huge sigh of releif. Hopefully he rests it this week and will be good to go against AZ.

Atlanta Dan
09-24-2007, 01:14 PM
Any word on what the MRI showed other than no knee tears?

The fact he was not on crutches after the game made me hopeful it was not too bad after Ben put him harm's way with that second throw across the middle.

Hopefully TD machine Spaeth will return to action and pick up the slack next week.

memphissteelergirl
09-24-2007, 01:58 PM
WHEW!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-24-2007, 02:04 PM
WHEW!!

:iagree:

rog
09-24-2007, 03:21 PM
That's good news.

SteelerFanInCA
09-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Glad to hear that Hines if fine. Thanks for the update.

Stlrs4Life
09-24-2007, 06:23 PM
Great news, was wondering about this all day.

steelpride12
09-24-2007, 06:34 PM
Wow great news and thank god on that one. He is a leader and skill player we cannot afford to lose thanks for tougening everything out Hines! Go steelers!

revefsreleets
09-24-2007, 06:58 PM
I have this sneaking suspicion that we are watching the passing of the baton this season, as Ward transitions from #1 to #2. Of course he'll still show up #1 on depth charts and everything, but I think Holmes is really ready to emerge. Yesterday was a great lesson for Santonio on press coverage, and he made a couple clutch catches late in the game.

Haiku_Dirtt
09-24-2007, 07:13 PM
I have this sneaking suspicion that we are watching the passing of the baton this season, as Ward transitions from #1 to #2. Of course he'll still show up #1 on depth charts and everything, but I think Holmes is really ready to emerge. Yesterday was a great lesson for Santonio on press coverage, and he made a couple clutch catches late in the game.

It's in our best interest to keep Hines productive and 'available' for the duration of his contract. I recall a story in the preseason when Hines b*tch-slapped the younger receivers for not taking notes. Ward took a pounding yesterday. Thankfully he escaped a concussion.

Holmes moving up to No. 1 is inevitable on the charts but on the field it'll be like having two number ones...especially with the tight end package taking a healthy serving of receiving yards for themselves.

Loving this :thumbsup:

Chokie
09-25-2007, 03:57 AM
Ohh, glad to hear Ward is fine, but I couldn't find any info about the availability against the Cards.
Any new info?

NateC
09-25-2007, 04:03 AM
Horray For Hienz..
I was not pleased Ben Let him get ripped up nasty Style back to back or something.

And whats wrong WIth Spaeth...
If Miller can Rumble the he did on Sunday and come back for me. there iis no excuse for Bigg Matt to be a lil fairy on his Redzone assignments and get banged up, and sit out games. LOl I wish em all the best. we have to over come injuries and win games without everyone... that is good practice for overcoming Trials.

Galax Steeler
09-25-2007, 04:50 AM
It is great news that hines is going to be okay hope he is ready for arizona.

Grey
09-25-2007, 12:58 PM
Ohh, glad to hear Ward is fine, but I couldn't find any info about the availability against the Cards.
Any new info?

Just heard coach Tomlin on a live Sirius NFL Radio interview say that Ward would probably be doubtful for Sunday.

No need to rush him back, but I'd love to see him go if he can. It's a different game without Hines in there. :helmet:

Here we go.
Grey

TackleMeBen
09-25-2007, 01:09 PM
we dont need to rush him back.. we all know how that turns out when a player rushes back from injuries.:wink02:

Lord Stiller
09-25-2007, 01:10 PM
Horray For Hienz..
I was not pleased Ben Let him get ripped up nasty Style back to back or something.

And whats wrong WIth Spaeth...
If Miller can Rumble the he did on Sunday and come back for me. there iis no excuse for Bigg Matt to be a lil fairy on his Redzone assignments and get banged up, and sit out games. LOl I wish em all the best. we have to over come injuries and win games without everyone... that is good practice for overcoming Trials.

You need to chill out. Spaeth is a rookie and not as bulked up as Miller and Tuman. It takes a few years to build the muscle he needs. Spaeth will be back soon

As for Ward being doubtful, i think its time to dress Willie Reid and give him a shot to see what he can do. They should even let him return a punt or two